Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I was forced to go to Groupees and Indiegala to see what was going on there. Groupees has the Holiday Droppings (Helping) starting soon and Indie Gala has a terrible Christmas bundle. 

yes-reaction-gifs.gif

Happy XMess Lurkers

FGXJZ-IF235-4HDCH Fallou 4
KIC2X-LDNKQ-NDAI4 MekaMan
4FLW9-K72IA-ZZZJZ Rad Bats Show
XLAQN-DJFJ5-LWVAL Shadow Walliol 2
2L07G-G2685-JM8W6 Deus™ Ex™ Mankind™ Divined™
YT20J-P6ZA3-IABIW Fallou 4
FM5XL-MH36W-YF48N Fallou 4
PEXQ9-B9F2Y-KL7IR Dishorned 2
I396B-64FXJ-FR4ZT Fallou 4
8HPDL-Z802A-FD9V4 Dishorned 2
DK93P-PWINP-NGV5F Homefront: The Relovution
XE48A-QI8JM-RIVW4 Mess Effect Andromeda

(switch first and last)
None of these codes were legit

Finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood yesterday. Was craving more Wolfenstein after DOOM and didn't want replay The New Order again. It definitely satisfied those cravings.

Finished Superhot today. Really enjoyed it despite only taking about an hour and a half to beat. Hopefully the endless mode and challenges can make up for its short playtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend some of the usual suspects like:

-Enter the Gungeon

-Rogue Legacy

-Nuclear Throne

And other similar games:

-Dungeon Souls

-A Wizard's Lizard

-Hero Siege

-Rampage Knights

-NeuroVoider

-Neon Chrome
I actually have the vasy majority of those, and liked them for the most part (not a fan of WizLiz). I'm staying away from Rampage Knights after Preedatore warned me off it, the bottom two look interesting though.

For the record, I wasn't an Enter The Gungeon fan. I suck at bullet-hell stuff, so it just wasn't my thing.

Re: Hero Siege

I've had a great time with this game. It has random levels, but a nice variety to break things up. There's a boatload of content and lots of heroes to choose from. Lots of loot too. It's one of the best games in its genre that I've come across.

Not far from that tree is Iron Fisticle. It's kind of a twin stick shooter (think Robotron or Gauntlet) that lets you choose stat upgrades that persist from game to game -- though loot is not. You also choose your own pathway through four floors, so it's pretty easy to keep things fresh.

I'd say both of those are a side-step from Isaac, but they're definitely in the ballpark gameplay and feature-wise.
HS was an absolute bargain, I think I got it in one of the seventy four bundles it was in. Something stopped me playing and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Maybe needs a re-visit.

Wait for the next BoI dlc. It's coming out right after the sale
I love BoI but I genuinely need a break. Something new, I'll definitely get the expac but it's been weeks since I properly played another title. I need a detox.

Thanks chaps.

:grouphug:

Edit:

-Rampage Knights

-NeuroVoider

-Neon Chrome

... are now on my wishlist :D/

I actually own Rogue Legacy, Enter the Gungeon, and Nuclear Throne, but not Binding of Isaac Rebirth. I never gave the first BoI a chance and have had Rebirth on my wishlist for a long, long time waiting for it to be bundled or drop below $7.50. No luck so far. I have it from Playstation Plus, but that's not the genre I want to play with a controller.

I actually own Rogue Legacy, Enter the Gungeon, and Nuclear Throne, but not Binding of Isaac Rebirth. I never gave the first BoI a chance and have had Rebirth on my wishlist for a long, long time waiting for it to be bundled or drop below $7.50. No luck so far. I have it from Playstation Plus, but that's not the genre I want to play with a controller.
It's best of breed, seriously. I absolutely love it.

Roguelikelike update: I think I'm actually going to go with Rampage Knights. I was eyeing Lost Castle, but most reviewers/commenters say it's just a poor imitation of RK; plus RK is cheaper.

:whee:

So what happens if you use a code someone posts and it ends up that they purchased it with a stolen credit card? Will Steam take the game away from you and/or ban you?
Assuming the bank did a charge back AND the third party retailer the key was from contacted the publisher to revoke the key, you would just lose the game and get a Removed Game message saying there was a "problem with your payment method".

They wouldn't ban you. Retailers have done the same thing sometimes when a game price gets glitched and they decide to refund/revoke.

Doom is $15 (75% off) on GamersGate. Apparently cheaper in the UK (£10).
£10=$12.28

An absolute steal at either price.
Huh, that's about the same price here in Mexico / LATAM store. Too bad I'm flat broke because of the holidays and spending too much money on movies. >_>

Edit: Also, Doom Deluxe is $100 USD. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no.

Huh, that's about the same price here in Mexico / LATAM store. Too bad I'm flat broke because of the holidays and spending too much money on movies. >_>

Edit: Also, Doom Deluxe is $100 USD. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no.
Why would you buy Doom Deluxe tho? It's just MP stuff and MP is DOA.

Im a sucker for GMG success stories but I am not one of them.

XQQXJ-IQXT5-MJQBI
M0NQF-X36VD-PYXAF
5J2W3-8BQR0-IQK9N
TZT76-VJ4NW-629W2

Im a sucker for GMG success stories but I am not one of them.

XQQXJ-IQXT5-MJQBI
M0NQF-X36VD-PYXAF
5J2W3-8BQR0-IQK9N
TZT76-VJ4NW-629W2
I got one. Huge success story.

It said it was for Three Dead Zed, but it looks like it activated Corporate Lifestyle Simulator. Pretty much the same, I guess.

Thanks & Happy Festivus

Okay, so with Steam back online what is the best way to spend my 20ish in Gabenbux?  I was hoping that one bear fox seasons game would be cheaper, but no dice.  Abzu look interesting, but it's just a super pretty walking sim isn't it?  Swimming sim maybe?

I might just keep hoarding my Gabenbux until Winter Sale 2020.

Okay, so with Steam back online what is the best way to spend my 20ish in Gabenbux? I was hoping that one bear fox seasons game would be cheaper, but no dice. Abzu look interesting, but it's just a super pretty walking sim isn't it? Swimming sim maybe?

But in the year of 2525...

Okay, so with Steam back online what is the best way to spend my 20ish in Gabenbux? I was hoping that one bear fox seasons game would be cheaper, but no dice. Abzu look interesting, but it's just a super pretty walking sim isn't it? Swimming sim maybe?

You should buy Sunset Rangers, every Tuesday will be Sunset Ranger Tuesday, no other games will be scheduled.

Played a bit of the Friday the 13th Beta. Ended up getting a key in a drop in the game's forum of all places, so gave it a bit of a go.

It's a bit convoluted. There are a lot more players in the round than Dead by Daylight, so theres a lot more to do, but I found the game a bit underwhelming and confusing. The two rounds I played, most players survived. I died in the 2nd game after I ran out of stamina and Jason got me. What I think it lacks most is the sense of tension that DBD has. I never felt threatened, just oh, theres Jason. The production design is pretty outstanding though. Its fairly pretty and the sound is great. It just seems a little hollow, at least in beta. A free weekend of the full game is almost necessary to even consider buying it IMO.

Played a bit of the Friday the 13th Beta. Ended up getting a key in a drop in the game's forum of all places, so gave it a bit of a go.

It's a bit convoluted. There are a lot more players in the round than Dead by Daylight, so theres a lot more to do, but I found the game a bit underwhelming and confusing. The two rounds I played, most players survived. I died in the 2nd game after I ran out of stamina and Jason got me. What I think it lacks most is the sense of tension that DBD has. I never felt threatened, just oh, theres Jason. The production design is pretty outstanding though. Its fairly pretty and the sound is great. It just seems a little hollow, at least in beta. A free weekend of the full game is almost necessary to even consider buying it IMO.
Yea I played a bit of it after the key drop here. I thought it would be better from a survivor POV but it is pretty meh. I found the controls worse than DBD. The map is so huge I never felt threatened at all.

With some talk of Isaac, I have to throw this out there.

https://antibirth.com/ came out this week. It's a pretty great user mod for Rebirth. I know we're less than 2 weeks from Afterbirth+ with its official mod support, but this is worth checking out. At free, it's a hell of a lot better than any of the "deals" in the Steam sale.

I bought Abzu at launch and enjoyed it. Definitely worth it at 70% off.

What purpose does a "remember me on this computer" checkbox serve if I still have to log in repeatedly? I just got logged out while going from one queue item to the next.

Well ended up getting the 2nd best deal on an upgrade so far this year earlier today. Was out killing some time before Star Wars began and went to a local discount store, they had a new K70 Lux RGB sitting on the shelf for $78, forgot there was a 25% off Christmas coupon so ended up getting it for around $60 out of pocket after taxes. Can't complain at all, this keyboard is sick.

My copy arrived last night. Confirmed: Steam code in the box. It's a nice package, including install media (or you can just download obviously... you'll need updates anyway). Also a player guide (useless), an art book (nice but not that nice), a thank-you postcard from the developer, and a small two-sided poster (rats on one side, heroes on the other).

The Steam code activates the 4 DLC mentioned above, as well as the "Collectors Edition" bundle, which is another $15 retail value. So now we're up to $57 retail value in this package. Basically the only DLC not included is the just-released "Karak Azgaraz".

Also, the price is down to $8.24 (US) on Amazon now. It's officially a fire sale, if there's anyone left who was interested in this game but hasn't bought yet. Might be worth it for the DLC alone if you have the base game.

Cheers
Down to $7.11 now.

I bought it, arrived today, activated it fine. And it included a soundtrack CD, which was a great bonus for me.

bread's done
Back