Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how I did mine but from the Website I got free copies of it on BOTH Steam and in Rift Store. Not sure if that's cause I was an early supporter or not though.
nah, frontier will hand you keys for all platforms once you buy it on one. To play it you have to go through their launcher no matter the platform and create a frontier account. Once you've done that and they see what you own from one platform you can get keys for any of the other platforms its on

Couple deals I've found:

Bundlestars has Icewind Dale EE for ~$5.40 with coupon which I believe is the cheapest its been in awhile.  They also have a Baldur's Gate pack which includes I and II EE plus the new dlc they released earlier this year for $14.60'ish.  That is less than half of what you can get them for on steam buying them one by one.  Excellent games too (haven't played the new expansion they released though).

On Funcom's website you can buy The Secret World complete editiion which comes with (I believe) all of the dlc released so far for the game.  The dlc is currently 75% off on steam right now but it would cost you around $60 dollars to buy them individually but the complete edition is only $17.49 on funcom's site.  Shouldn't have any issue with activating it on your funcom account and then playing it through steam either.

more...

VAMPIRE OF THE SANDS STEAM: 8C0AT-ZTTNB-LAGA4
HORDELICIOUS STEAM: G2CTZ-403VY-FNFR5
HORDELICIOUS STEAM: RY54B-JFMLK-N4RNZ
BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE STEAM: QBE7R-F02RC-AXWJX
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR STEAM: MLGNY-0M0DY-E4BYB
LIFELESS: 83K8Q-5I648-3MAPT
INSECTICIDE: VPRXC-626A4-QMNVN
ROCKNROLLDEFENSE: 45LVW-DDD7T-BBYK2
KEEBLES: PHMLJ-QWVIK-BZK7F

Couple deals I've found:

Bundlestars has Icewind Dale EE for ~$5.40 with coupon which I believe is the cheapest its been in awhile. They also have a Baldur's Gate pack which includes I and II EE plus the new dlc they released earlier this year for $14.60'ish. That is less than half of what you can get them for on steam buying them one by one. Excellent games too (haven't played the new expansion they released though).

On Funcom's website you can buy The Secret World complete editiion which comes with (I believe) all of the dlc released so far for the game. The dlc is currently 75% off on steam right now but it would cost you around $60 dollars to buy them individually but the complete edition is only $17.49 on funcom's site. Shouldn't have any issue with activating it on your funcom account and then playing it through steam either.
Does anyone have a link to where to to buy the complete edition direct from Funcom? Giving myself a headache trying to find it.

I noticed I had an old coupon for 75% off Ori & the Blind Forest.  I wasn't really interested in buying but decided to see if it would stack (says it won't but no harm in trying)...

...not only does it not stack but, since the game is on sale, it won't even let you apply the discount in lieu of the sale discount. Your only option is to pay the 50% off price.  Nice system, Steam :lol:

Bundle Stars has the Batman Bundle for $9 after using code WINTERSALE10. It includes:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY

Batman: Arkham City GOTY

Batman™: Arkham Origins

Batman™: Arkham Origins Season Pass

Batman™: Arkham Origins Black Mask Challenge Pack

Batman™: Arkham Origins Supply Drop 1 & 2

Batman™: Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition

For most of us this bundle probably sucks because we own most if not all of it. For anyone that doesn't own it I am pretty sure this is the cheapest it has been outside a glitch. Even glitched it probably wasn't much cheaper. Also, it should be separate keys since there is no publisher released bundle that contains all of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple deals I've found:

Bundlestars has Icewind Dale EE for ~$5.40 with coupon which I believe is the cheapest its been in awhile. They also have a Baldur's Gate pack which includes I and II EE plus the new dlc they released earlier this year for $14.60'ish. That is less than half of what you can get them for on steam buying them one by one. Excellent games too (haven't played the new expansion they released though).

On Funcom's website you can buy The Secret World complete editiion which comes with (I believe) all of the dlc released so far for the game. The dlc is currently 75% off on steam right now but it would cost you around $60 dollars to buy them individually but the complete edition is only $17.49 on funcom's site. Shouldn't have any issue with activating it on your funcom account and then playing it through steam either.
Very interested in doing this. Own only base game on Steam - have never played, nor set up a Funcom account. If I buy the complete edition from Funcom, do I get a Steam key? How do the two get linked?

Thanks!

Does that version on Funcom's site have more DLC's than the TSW Ultimate Ed on BundleStars (that's $15 before any vouchers)?

Also, are they (Funcom) planning to release more DLC's for TSW?

EDIT:

Bundle Stars has the Batman Bundle for $9 after using code WINTERSALE10. It includes:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY

Batman: Arkham City GOTY

Batman™: Arkham Origins

Batman™: Arkham Origins Season Pass

Batman™: Arkham Origins Black Mask Challenge Pack

Batman™: Arkham Origins Supply Drop 1 & 2

Batman™: Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition

For most of us this bundle probably sucks because we own most if not all of it. For anyone that doesn't own it I am pretty sure this is the cheapest it has been outside a glitch. Even glitched it probably wasn't much cheaper. Also, it should be separate keys since there is no publisher released bundle that contains all of that.
When I bought BundleStar's Batman Bundle a long time ago (before Blackgate was added in there) - yep, all keys were separate for each piece that they have listed on the bundle page.

If you buy The Secret World on Steam you will set up a Funcom account and then you can add content to that account regardless of whether you buy it on Steam or not, having it on Steam just lets you launch via Steam, track hours on Steam, etc.  

You can always upgrade an existing account with things like Ultimate Edition, Complete Edition, etc.  So you don't need a new account to take advantage of these.  

If you have a non-Steam version of the game and just have to get it on Steam you can buy the cheapest version on Steam and then log into your normal account and unless they changed something since I bought it, you will have an activation key to give to someone else or sell which will activate a new base copy of the game on Funcom.  You will just log on with your old account so that activation key will be useless to you.  

The Complete Edition has more content than The Ultimate Edition and yes they are still making new content for the game although not at a fast pace.

Does that version on Funcom's site have more DLC's than the TSW Ultimate Ed on BundleStars (that's $15 before any vouchers)?
Also, are they (Funcom) planning to release more DLC's for TSW?
I believe ultimate goes through issue #12 or 11 and complete is all 15. 75% on steam a lot of issues are $6.24 each so if you think you will want everything then complete is the way to go.

If you buy The Secret World on Steam you will set up a Funcom account and then you can add content to that account regardless of whether you buy it on Steam or not, having it on Steam just lets you launch via Steam, track hours on Steam, etc.

You can always upgrade an existing account with things like Ultimate Edition, Complete Edition, etc. So you don't need a new account to take advantage of these.

If you have a non-Steam version of the game and just have to get it on Steam you can buy the cheapest version on Steam and then log into your normal account and unless they changed something since I bought it, you will have an activation key to give to someone else or sell which will activate a new base copy of the game on Funcom. You will just log on with your old account so that activation key will be useless to you.

The Complete Edition has more content than The Ultimate Edition and yes they are still making new content for the game although not at a fast pace.
@Weretable

Thanks for all the awesome info; much appreciated.

I have already both a Non-Steam and Steam-version of TSW, BTW.

@TSW Gamers

For those who have played them - how are all of the Issues of TSW?

And are they substantial in length for each one and/or altogether?

Issues for TSW are still being made, but I don't think one has been released in months. Ultimate has up to #11. Complete has up to #15. #1-4 come with the game and you get enough in game currency to buy an additional issue by just playing the game. So really complete gives 10 more issues and Ultimate gives you 6.

Is this the cheapest Vermintide has been? I've been super interested in the game but have been waiting for a major price drop. Unsure if it's worth it at this point 

Is this the cheapest Vermintide has been? I've been super interested in the game but have been waiting for a major price drop. Unsure if it's worth it at this point
Pick up the Humble Monthly this month. For $12 you'll get Vermintide + some DLC and 5 other usually unbundled games. If the other games don't interest you, they can typically be sold for a buck or two each.

Issues for TSW are still being made, but I don't think one has been released in months. Ultimate has up to #11. Complete has up to #15. #1-4 come with the game and you get enough in game currency to buy an additional issue by just playing the game. So really complete gives 10 more issues and Ultimate gives you 6.
Really though I don't see why almost anybody on this site would bother buying anymore than the base game. The chances you'll even boot it up let alone play long enough to get through 5 issues is pretty slim...I bought it like 3 years ago and still haven't played it

Really though I don't see why almost anybody on this site would bother buying anymore than the base game. The chances you'll even boot it up let alone play long enough to get through 5 issues is pretty slim...I bought it like 3 years ago and still haven't played it
Well, I've actually played TSW and like it quite a lot. In fact, in terms of MMOs, it's the only one that's ever really sucked me in. That said, I stopped playing early on because I didn't want to get sucked in, finish it and then get stuck having to pay crazy prices for the issues. This was before it was on Steam or they had a Ultimate or Complete edition. I held off on the Ultimate for the same reasons. Now with the complete I think I'll finally bite and know I'll have almost all of it to run through at a good price.

But yes, probably for the average CAG this would be another addition to the hoard and with no Steam +1 I doubt too many will even bite for that.

After City of Heroes went under, a lot of people switched to Secret World as their MMO of choice (modern era but not a CoH knock-off like Champions or DC Uni).  I played it for a few months and enjoyed it but never really got in with a group or clan/tribe/guild/whatever so eventually I dropped off.  Was a fun game though and did some interesting stuff for an MMO.

As a newbie to PC gaming, I finally purchased my first Steam software over the weekend. Not sure how long it's been on sale for, but I picked up the "Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics" (Hub) Collection for $15.49 (75% off). A steal for 58 Mega Drive/Sega Genesis games, and the Taxman version of Sonic CD as an included bonus. The games all sound garbled and run at like 5-10fps through the "Hub" feature on my PC. I have no idea why. They all run great through the "Simple Launcher" within my Steam library, though. Weird.

As a newbie to PC gaming, I finally purchased my first Steam software over the weekend. Not sure how long it's been on sale for, but I picked up the "Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics" (Hub) Collection for $15.49 (75% off). A steal for 58 Mega Drive/Sega Genesis games, and the Taxman version of Sonic CD as an included bonus. The games all sound garbled and run at like 5-10fps through the "Hub" feature on my PC. I have no idea why. They all run great through the "Simple Launcher" within my Steam library, though. Weird.
Don't use the term "steal" near me unless it's 90% off. It's triggering me. Plus, it's been cheaper!

As for the "sound" thing, I hear a lot of mixed stuff on the community hub about the audio. For me, everything but Alien Solder runs perfectly including the few romhacks I tried.

I don't think there's anyway to fix the problem, and I don't think it's even related to hardware specs.

<delurk>
I don't think I've ever successfully redeemed a code on this thread before, but I appreciate everyone else doing it.

Here's a steaming turd of mystery game codes from GMG spurred on by the lie someone got BF1. Haha. Merry Christmas, jerks.
</delurk>

💩🎄💩🎁💩
Cart Image
Mystery Bundle - 5 Pack
PC

$3.99

Key:
QUESTRUN STEAM: QJ5HR-IN2GD-DN60D
Key:
BARROW HILL CURSE OF THE ANCIENT CIRCLE STEAM: 0AZEY-D2PTE-Z4WZ8
Key:
THE NIGHTMARE COOPERATIVE STEAM: 5HFGJ-FPTDK-CK3FT
Key:
ORBURON STEAM: QLENL-833KH-2V23F
Key:
RED GOBLIN CURSED FOREST STEAM: 4K63A-TXAP5-E7IBH
Cart Image
Mystery Bundle - 3 Pack
PC

$2.49

Key:
VOID INVADERS STEAM: 6BWEY-ZJEHM-ZIFER
Key:
GODS CHAIN STEAM: HPGPG-38G05-7RB5Z
Key:
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE STEAM: YFA64-KAFKC-0WFHY
Cart Image
Mystery Bundle - 1 Pack
PC

$0.49

Key:
HUNTSMAN THE ORPHANAGE STEAM: TFEM2-E8B7L-AFX4P
Hey, I would never lie to a fellow CAG, but I do realize it's far from the norm with these kinds of bundles. I really was shocked when I saw it though, I audibly said holy shit.

I personally have no doubt you got BF1. They have to throw a good game in sometimes or people will stop buying them. 99% 10 cent games sold for 50-60 cents each means they can afford to.

Don't use the term "steal" near me unless it's 90% off. It's triggering me. Plus, it's been cheaper!

As for the "sound" thing, I hear a lot of mixed stuff on the community hub about the audio. For me, everything but Alien Solder runs perfectly including the few romhacks I tried.
I don't think there's anyway to fix the problem, and I don't think it's even related to hardware specs.
Lol, fair enough. Being new to Steam sales, I jumped on it because I figured that's the lowest it would ever go in the foreseeable future. How low has it went in the past? As far as my PC goes, these are the specs, according to what my system information displayed:

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.447

Windows edition: Windows 10 Home

© 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.10GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB (7.19GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch: Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

I have zero clue as to what any of this means, as I'm not a technical guy. I bought it from QVC in late 2014 (during one of the specials they were running at the time), for around $700 after everything. Max resolution it supports is 1600x900p. Originally shipped with Windows 8.1.

Lol, fair enough. Being new to Steam sales, I jumped on it because I figured that's the lowest it would ever go in the foreseeable future. How low has it went in the past? As far as my PC goes, these are the specs, according to what my system information displayed:

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.447

I have zero clue as to what any of this means, as I'm not a technical guy. I bought it from QVC in late 2014 (during one of the specials they were running at the time), for around $700 after everything. Max resolution it supports is 1600x900p. Originally shipped with Windows 8.1.
https://isthereanydeal.com/#/ is a really good resource for finding out what price things have been. You can also get addons for your browser like Enhanced Steam that will show you the current lowest price from most stores and the lowest it has ever been. Neither resource is 100% accurate because sometimes stuff is cheaper in other currencies or on oddball stores they don't track. You probably also want to check out Humble Bundle. Most of Humble's game bundles will be worthwhile for someone with next to no library.

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.447

Welcome to PC gaming. Don't take DonaldBlank seriously, some people actually have good paying jobs and if you think a deal good enough, then good for you.

Your spec should be plenty fine for old emulated game like ""Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics" (Hub) Collection." You are not going to able to play much newer games (or poorly optimized games) like Grand Theft Auto V with those specs which should be expected for a laptop not made for gaming.

EDIT: Note that because these Sega games are emulated, there could be some quirks not necessarily related to your hardware but merely due to the fact that these games are port to PC and not running on the original hardware consoles

For Deals, Pengy99 (above) has the right idea. Listen to him. (or spend more time here on CAG, we eventually will post some deals)

Your limited factor is your integrated GPU Processor: (AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.10GHz) and CPU. But again, your Sega Mega Drive Collection should do fine

If you ever decide to buy a better computer or build one should you "get serious" with PC gaming as a hobby, there are plenty of guides online and I'm sure some people here can help you if you just ask

Happy Holidays!

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.447

First, about your APU on your laptop:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Series-A10-5745M-Notebook-Processor.92903.0.html

It's usually best to avoid any sort of integrated CPU's+GPU's, if you want to do some modern AAA titles - whether on a desktop or laptop. You really want separate pieces for both the CPU+GPU to be dedicated to be doing their own thing in their own full-swing, TBH.

If you're doing titles that are a bit older and less demanding or some not-so-demanding Indie games, you should do just fine w/ those. Give whatever games you got a shot, see what happens - since you've already got your machine. Just find some settings+resolutions that works for you, as long as you're doing console-like 30FPS (or better).

These days to play modern AAA stuff - for GPU's, if you're going Nvidia, you really want something in the NVidia GTX 900 series (i.e. probably 950M and above - say 950M, 960M, 970M) or 1000 mobiles series (i.e. 1050 or above) range; or something in the AMD R9 mobile range. I'm not too familiar w/ AMD's R9 mobile cards for GPU's (since I'm pretty much a NVidia guy), so maybe someone else can speak on it.

For actual CPU's, if you want to do some serious gaming in the AAA realm - if you're going w/ Intel here, you might want something in Intel's own i5 and i7 line of CPU's. Not really sure what the AMD equiv's would be (since I'm pretty much an Intel guy on CPU's here), so someone else could probably speak on that.

EDIT:

Personally, I have a gaming laptop w/ an Intel i7 4720HQ, 4GB 960M, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit - and I can run most games at at least 30FPS (frames per seconds) w/ Medium settings at either 900p or 1080p.

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.447

As Pengy said, ITAD and ES are great resources for seeing the price history of games as well as many times they've been bundled. In regards to your specs, I'm afraid you're not going to be able to run much on that PC. If you really want to get into PC gaming I'd suggest making your own build. In which case I'd recommend https://pcpartpicker.com/ (for comparing parts and checking compatibility), https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ (for advice and assistance), and https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ (for finding deals on parts).

Welcome to PC gaming! One thing I have learned: when you have any question, ask it here. Only 3/4th of the replies will be snarky posts about VRAM and playing some shitty bundle fodder game with the Bros before switching to Rocket League or Dead by Daylight.

For real though, most everyone here is great and will give good advice on hardware, sales, price glitches, or bundles. I don't post too much, but I really enjoy the banter along with the deal talk. For my part, I just want to say thanks to everyone here and hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year! Ok, end soppy post.

Welcome to PC gaming. Don't take DonaldBlank seriously, some people actually have good paying jobs and if you think a deal good enough, then good for you.

Your spec should be plenty fine for old emulated game like ""Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics" (Hub) Collection." You are not going to able to play much newer games (or poorly optimized games) like Grand Theft Auto V with those specs which should be expected for a laptop not made for gaming.

Your limited factor is your integrated GPU Processor: (AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.10GHz) and CPU. But again, your Sega Mega Drive Collection should do fine

If you ever decide to buy a better computer or build one should you "get serious" with PC gaming as a hobby, there are plenty of guides online and I'm sure some people here can help you if you just ask

Happy Holidays!
Heh heh, his post didn't rub me the wrong way. I, myself, love getting things as cheap as possible through deals. That said, I'll pay higher prices for the things that I enjoy, but saving whatever I can in the process, is a huge plus ;)

It's funny, I have a few titles in my Steam library (via backing games on Kickstarter), and they all vary in performance. Mighty No. 9 demo runs like crap, Bloodstained demo runs... ok I guess, Yooka-Laylee Toybox demo runs fine (like 25-30fps from what I can tell), Sonic All-Stars Racing: Transformed crawls at around 5-10fps (lol), but my Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (review/press code) full game download, runs buttery smooth. Doesn't matter too much, I guess, since 98% of my games are on consoles/handhelds.

Heh heh, his post didn't rub me the wrong way. I, myself, love getting things as cheap as possible through deals. That said, I'll pay higher prices for the things that I enjoy, but saving whatever I can in the process, is a huge plus ;)

It's funny, I have a few titles in my Steam library (via backing games on Kickstarter), and they all vary in performance. Mighty No. 9 demo runs like crap, Bloodstained demo runs... ok I guess, Yooka-Laylee Toybox demo runs fine (like 25-30fps from what I can tell), Sonic All-Stars Racing: Transformed crawls at around 5-10fps (lol), but my Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (review/press code) full game download, runs buttery smooth. Doesn't matter too much, I guess, since 98% of my games are on consoles/handhelds.
If you ain't sure about your in-game framerates, go into Steam Settings/Preferences; Look at In-Game sections; and turn on the In-Game FPS Counter to display somewhere.

You could also go download MSI Afterburner and play with on-screen display settings for that, too. You have more control there, as you can even set specific games to have specific FPS caps, if you need them to utilize such a thing.

I yawned earlier and felt a cramp under my jaw. It's not the first time it's ever happened but this time I got curious about why and hit the Googles.  Here's results no. 2 through 4:

sKG5BO8.png

What, was WebMD down those days?  Is this a gamer-specific ailment?  I was sort of hoping maybe it was the same guy just hitting every forum but the date stamps would suggest not.

bread's done
Back