Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
About to say F it and rebuy Witcher 3 on steam...though I have it on GOG, but I hate not having my shit in one place. 

Also might buy RSS since I no gitch when free y u buy

and 3DMark + JC3 Expansion

If a game is removed, does that mean we'll no longer be able to download and install it, if owned? Or does it just mean that people can no longer purchase it?
Purchase. Pretty much works the same way as games being delisted on the xbox 360, you can redownload the game and still play it, but you cannot purchase the game if you don't already have it. (With the exception of buying a code from other sites)

Speaking of GRID, potential removed games at end of year

- Transformers series
- GRID (extremely likely)
- DIRT 3
- Judge Dredd 106 (confirmed)
- Young Justice (one DLC was removed couple of days ago)

Anyone else know others?
Dirt 3? That'd be weird since it was already removed and came back

At least, I think it was removed for a while before complete edition happened

Dirt 3? That'd be weird since it was already removed and came back

At least, I think it was removed for a while before complete edition happened
It may not, But clear warning signs are there:

- GRID being removed

- Licensed Cars

- Game is old (GRID is older) -> Previous DIRT games had licensing for ~5 years. And how old DIRT 3 will be?

- Very deep sale & given away free on Humble.

DIRT 3 was only removed for while since Codemasters panicked about GFWL.

So if you really want it, might as well get it, just in case.

Still, better than nothing. Wonder, if they limit the number of purchases available per payment method to 1.
What do you mean? If what you're asking is can you combine Humble wallet with another payment method like CC or PP, then the answer is yes.

Now to create 30 accounts, sell the keys on G2A, and reap the profits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of GRID, potential removed games at end of year

- Transformers series

- GRID (extremely likely)

- DIRT 3

- Judge Dredd 106 (confirmed)

- Young Justice (one DLC was removed couple of days ago)

Anyone else know others?
Only the character DLC bundle was removed for Young Justice, they can still be bought separately. It might not mean anything

Only the character DLC bundle was removed for Young Justice, they can still be bought separately. It might not mean anything
If it was just bundle, I'd say it makes less likely to get removed. Because why bother removing it separately few days early?

Unless it was accident that is, or someone is just stupid.

What do you mean? If what you're asking is can you combine Humble wallet with another payment method like CC or PP, then the answer is yes.

Now to create 30 accounts, sell the keys on G2A, and reap the profits.
You can buy about 3-4 monthlies with one card/paypal account, after than it's not accepted anymore on new accounts. I've tested it several months ago when ARK was the headliner.

Honest question:

Are there any hidden gems in this sale? I've seen a few people picking up Abzu but I'm not sure it grabs me.

I got ~$20 in my wallet and I'd rather blow it than stare at it every day until Beyond The Sideline gets released.

HALP

:whee:

Glad Vive isn't coming out with Vive 2.0.  I will say, Oculus Touch completely changes how Oculus plays and SHOULD be mandatory for anyone testing it.  If Vive can make a controller that's more in line with how Rift handles theirs... it'll be impressive.  I just don't want to have to get on the bandwagon of only certain VR games for certain systems.  That'll spell failure for them all.

Glad Vive isn't coming out with Vive 2.0. I will say, Oculus Touch completely changes how Oculus plays and SHOULD be mandatory for anyone testing it. If Vive can make a controller that's more in line with how Rift handles theirs... it'll be impressive. I just don't want to have to get on the bandwagon of only certain VR games for certain systems. That'll spell failure for them all.
I have a feeling this will mostly go away within a year. Oculus rescinded their hardware ban so revive works fine. Theres also a utility to go the other way so rift users can use google earth, which is the only vive locked software for now. Since oculus gave up I have a feeling things will open up a bit more in the next year, but as it is now there isnt a real lock on software. The only reason oculus has some exclusives is because they backed those developers, so the exclusivity is to recoup their costs, otherwise most vr games are cross platform, and steam games already run fine on anything that supports their sdk as it is, which are all the HMDs

It may not, But clear warning signs are there:

- GRID being removed

- Licensed Cars

- Game is old (GRID is older) -> Previous DIRT games had licensing for ~5 years. And how old DIRT 3 will be?

- Very deep sale & given away free on Humble.

DIRT 3 was only removed for while since Codemasters panicked about GFWL.

So if you really want it, might as well get it, just in case.
I'm still sour I didn't get Dirt 2 on Steam before it was removed. *eyes disc taking up precious shelf space*

Also, I wish I would have remembered to unsubscribe from Steam wishlist emails. I think I've gotten ~50 from this sale.

good find

edit: I kept expecting to kick myself in the teeth for not getting that yogscast bundle but that hasn't happened. embarrassing 

Wasteland 2 PC retail-box = $5 at Gamestop, if you can find it:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/wasteland-2/117805

Reddit is saying:

1. Retail box has Steam key for it inside.

2. It also auto-adds to your Steam account the Director's Cut.
These things are all over the place around me, but I have two copies already (well, I traded one away about a week ago). If anybody just needs a key for $5, shoot me a PM and I can pick one up this weekend.

Is Hitman Go fine to play on a PC or would a touch-screen device be better?  I have an android phone and Vita as options.  I think the Android version requires in-app purchases to get the "definitive" edition sold on PC/Vita.

Is Hitman Go fine to play on a PC or would a touch-screen device be better? I have an android phone and Vita as options. I think the Android version requires in-app purchases to get the "definitive" edition sold on PC/Vita.
It is a pretty basic puzzle game but it plays fine on PC with kb/mouse. Says it has full controller support but I haven't tried it with a gamepad.

These things are all over the place around me, but I have two copies already (well, I traded one away about a week ago). If anybody just needs a key for $5, shoot me a PM and I can pick one up this weekend.
Tempted, but I really want that retail box. Any chance you could buy a copy and send it to me? I'll pay postage (US address.)

They're already closed?
... I'm in Mexico. Remember? Going to the store involves having to spend a lot of time waiting to cross, then catching a bus that takes quite a bit to arrive. And even then, there's no guarantee they'll sell me the game, or that they even have a copy in stock. :\

And the last time I ordered a new PC game from Gamestop, they sent me a friggin disc in a sleeve. I'm not taking chances with those bozos again.

... I'm in Mexico. Remember?
Gotcha. I knew that much but didn't realize what a process it was just to see if someone has a $5 box in stock.

If Warreni isn't able to get you a box, I can take a look and see if my local GS still has a copy. Says that they do online but, you know, who knows until you get there.

Tempted, but I really want that retail box. Any chance you could buy a copy and send it to me? I'll pay postage (US address.)

... I'm in Mexico. Remember? Going to the store involves having to spend a lot of time waiting to cross, then catching a bus that takes quite a bit to arrive. And even then, there's no guarantee they'll sell me the game, or that they even have a copy in stock. :\

And the last time I ordered a new PC game from Gamestop, they sent me a friggin disc in a sleeve. I'm not taking chances with those bozos again.
You left out the part where you have to bribe the police, and witness a couple of cartel murders. And people thought running between Gamestop and Best Buy to pricematch something was a pain in the butt in the US.

Left out the part where you had to pole-vault over the wall that our president-elect erected by himself recently with his two giant hands

You left out the part where you have to bribe the police border patrol, and witness a couple of cartel murders corrupt politicians screwing Calexico residents over. And people thought running between Gamestop and Best Buy to pricematch something was a pain in the butt in the US.
Fixed that for ya.

I'm actually thinking I'd better not get that retail box. Unless it has something special, like a soundtrack CD, I don't think I should grab it. It'll show up in a Humble sooner or later, anyway.

Fixed that for ya.

I'm actually thinking I'd better not get that retail box. Unless it has something special, like a soundtrack CD, I don't think I should grab it. It'll show up in a Humble sooner or later, anyway.
:whistle2:$ Shhhhh....We need more sacrifices

Also, wasn't it already in a Monthly?

http://enderal.com/?lang=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ocpwvp35Rs

Very rarely would I ever recommend a mod.
Most of the time when someone mentions a Skyrim mod they're very rarely talking about a Story/Quest Mod.

Too long didn't read:

Enderal can be consider a whole new game.
If you're looking for a new challenge and story after playing Skyrim multiple times I highly recommend this mod.

bread's done
Back