Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
MysterD and his favorite game

2c3AcS7.jpg

MysterD has that look like he's about to fuck the brains out of that box.

The next question for MysterD and others;

what is your favorite vampire movie and TV show
i.e. Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman
Ture Blood
Vampires are so fucking lame. Zombies is where it's at.

GAMEPUMP LAUNCH DELAYED

Despite our best efforts, we were unable to meet our development, submission, and release schedule we had planned. Which would have had our first game release to subscribers today (January 6th, 2017).

Rather than push an unfinished slate of games out the door to meet this deadline, we have decided to delay the launch of the service to ensure that we can meet the expectations of our fans and subscribers.

This delay could be as short as three weeks (by the end of Jan) or as long as a month (early March), we are working to get it shippable as soon as possible.

As founder of the GAMEPUMP service, I personally take full responsibility for this delay and am sorry for this failing. I understand that this can be frustrating and disappointing and I do not want any of our subscribers to feel cheated. Therefore, I would like to offer a full refund to any user who may feel that way.

If you would like to cancel your preorder and receive a full refund via the payment method you subscribed with, please fill out the form located at the bottom of this announcement and we will get it processed as fast as possible.

Regardless if you decide to leave the service, or if you decide to stick it out with us, we have a few tokens of our appreciation we'd like to offer as an official apology.

TWO BONUS GAMES

All subscribers who purchased a subscription on or before January 6th, 2017 (our intended launch day) will still be receiving a game in Jan and in Feb, however these games will be BONUS games, and not part of your GAMEPUMP subscription.

This just means they're great games, but not reflective of the types of games you'll be receiving as part of your subscription and do not count as part of your 12 games (with an annual subscription).

The first bonus game for Jan will be the award winning puzzle game LIT from Wayforward. We've rebuilt the game from the ground up for PC and added a new playable character. This game is our gift to you and does not count against your 12 game total.

The second bonus game which will be sent out in Feb is an NES horror game that has been brought to PC for the first time.

Those games are going through the certification process on modern PC marketplaces now and as soon as we can process keys for them, we will be emailing them out to all active subscribers. We estimate this will be within the next 2 weeks.
https://www.gamepump.com/announcements/

Nope.
This is my favorite game of all time:
Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Bloodlines_Coverart.png

Absolutely loved Bloodlines to death.

Euro Truck Sim 2 is still sitting untouched in the backlog.
Harley Quinn The Game?

Is that a street walking sim, a dating sim or one of those anime big breasted giggly girls sim?

Better luck next time, Gamepump chumps.

https://twitter.com/GAMEPUMP_com/status/817530690992414720

Robert Bowling is partying on a private jet with JonnyC and Indie Face Kick guy.

The good news is they confirmed it's not emulation (even though i know it was heavily implied it wouldn't be)

I'll stay subscribed, but these guys probably need word of mouth. Sounds like only around 700 people subscribed.

Also, this ruined how pumped I was

Any chance the "NES Horror" game is Fester's Quest?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like DontNod, as a company/developer. They seem to do some solid stuff at the very least, IMHO - i.e. Life Is Strange & Remember Me.
As somebody who has defended Remember Me from the murderous stare of Syntax Error, it was really an average game at best. They've probably learned since then, but if that's the precedent for their action games it doesn't bode well if you're hoping for it to be anything special

Harley Quinn The Game?

Is that a street walking sim, a dating sim or one of those anime big breasted giggly girls sim?
Bloodlines is one of the best + most underrated RPG's/action hybrid games ever made.

Go get it from Steam or GOG when it hits $5 again.

While Deus Ex: Invislble War disappointed, Bloodlines certainly didn't.

Nope.

This is my favorite game of all time:

Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Bloodlines_Coverart.png

Absolutely loved Bloodlines to death.

Euro Truck Sim 2 is still sitting untouched in the backlog.
I just finished downloading the patch and plan to start playing this soon for the first time. Any MysterD tips to pass along before I start?

I just finished downloading the patch and plan to start playing this soon for the first time. Any MysterD tips to pass along before I start?
The back half 1/3rd of the game is loaded w/ action. Hopefully by then, you've sunken points into anything dealing w/ defense, guns, and melee weapons. You might not really need those too much early on as you can use some of the talking skills to get around things (i.e. avoid fights), but you'll REALLY need those skills later on.

At the back 1/3rd, you won't be really able to talk your way out of much anymore. Once you get to the point in the cab where you make your major decision of where you stand + who you side with (if you even side w/ anyone), be prepared to Action City. Pretty much, nothing but action in the last portion of the game.

Don't go Malkavian on Play-Through 1. Hell, I dunno if I'd even recommend it on PT2. Malkavian is for those who already understand the game's story, plot, gameplay, and whatnot. Malkavians are psychotic, strange, and have their own kind of way of bizarre talking, references, metaphors + interacting w/ things...including talking to Stop Signs + other inanimate objects. Malkavian class is namely for those who've already played the game.

The promise of 2 extra games (making it a total of 15 games) if you subbed for a year actually pushed me to sub for Gamepump today

$1.33 per game isn't bad

lol...Apparently I'm sub #734...at this point I hope they can last the whole year

Ok wow.. LIT is based on the iOS version which looks like shit. Losing interest in it now. Wii version didn't have good graphics, but they were at least 3D..

The promise of 2 extra games (making it a total of 15 games) if you subbed for a year actually pushed me to sub for Gamepump

$1.33 per game isn't bad

lol...Apparently I'm sub #734...at this point I hope they can last the whole year
probably at least a quarter of the subs can be attributed to cag traffic

Ok wow.. LIT is based on the iOS version which looks like shit. Losing interest in it now. Wii version didn't have good graphics, but they were at least 3D..
Wait, are you sure the PC port is going to be the iOS (which is free) version and not the Wii version? I subbed because I thought it was going to be the Wii version and that had me interested

Wait, are you sure the PC port is going to be the iOS (which is free) version and not the Wii version? I subbed because I thought it was going to be the Wii version and that had me interested
Is anything on iOS really free? No IAPs?

Bloodlines is one of the best + most underrated RPG's/action hybrid games ever made.

Go get it from Steam or GOG when it hits $5 again.

While Deus Ex: Invislble War disappointed, Bloodlines certainly didn't.
I remember getting bogged down in the last section of Bloodlines, so unlike Redemption, I never actually finished it. The first 2/3 of the game were great fun, though. Basing an entire game around jump scares is banal (I'm looking at you Five Nights at Freddy's Ad Nauseum and your many, many imitators), but that game had some pretty good jump scare moments.

People on Reddit say it's the iOS version, I can't find an official confirmation though

Is anything on iOS really free? No IAPs?

I remember getting bogged down in the last section of Bloodlines, so unlike Redemption, I never actually finished it. The first 2/3 of the game were great fun, though. Basing an entire game around jump scares is banal (I'm looking at you Five Nights at Freddy's Ad Nauseum and your many, many imitators), but that game had some pretty good jump scare moments.
I'm checking out the LIT app (both iOS and Android) and there doesn't seem to be any IAPs (also still free). https://wayforward.com/games/lit-2/

Bloodline is a great game but it was obvious that the team either ran out of money and/or time and the publisher probably forced the devs to ship the game. One of the main criticism was how buggy the game was at launch which has mostly been fixed by fan-patches

People on Reddit say it's the iOS version, I can't find an official confirmation though
It would be a REALLY bad sign for both Gamepump (as publisher) and Wayforward if they are having trouble porting an iOS game on PC and need to delay the their launch because of it. Wii remake (or remaster) makes more sense but at this point, I don't know anymore

hopefully, this rumor is Reddit being Reddit

The promise of 2 extra games (making it a total of 15 games) if you subbed for a year actually pushed me to sub for Gamepump today

$1.33 per game isn't bad

Correct me if im wrong, but those 2 extra games are only for people who were subbed before today

It would be a REALLY bad sign for both Gamepump (as publisher) and Wayforward if they are having trouble porting an iOS game on PC and need to delay the their launch because of it. Wii remake (or remaster) makes more sense but at this point, I don't know anymore

Well, the post from Gamepump didn't really suggest that Lit was the source of the delay, at least the way I read it. It sounded more like they were having a variety of issues. However, I do agree that if they can't even get the one game that they confirmed out to subscribers on time, yeah, that bodes ill for the future of this venture.

Correct me if im wrong, but those 2 extra games are only for people who were subbed before today
You may be wrong. The post cited earlier stated on or before January 6.

$1.33 per game isn't bad

I'm a bit concerned about their ability to even push out 15 games in a year when their first release is going to be delayed by "as long as a month," which apparently equals March. :whistle2:k

edit: warreni'd. somebody punch his face for me pls.

From their announcement, https://www.gamepump.com/announcements/

All subscribers who purchased a subscription on or before January 6th, 2017 (our intended launch day) will still be receiving a game in Jan and in Feb, however these games will be BONUS games, and not part of your GAMEPUMP subscription.
They way I'm interpreting this statement is that if I subbed today, I would be getting the extra 2 games

https://twitter.com/GAMEPUMP_com/status/817535258300071937

It's a "new" version with the iOS art.. but probably just a rehash of the iOS version.

I REALLY hope that my sub number for Gamepump (#734) is just counting Paypal and that way more people used Credit Card payment. Or that its just a random number.

734 x $20 = $14,680

Indie game devs need food to live right?

https://twitter.com/GAMEPUMP_com/status/817535258300071937

It's a "new" version with the iOS art.. but probably just a rehash of the iOS version.
Damn it Gamepump. That just raises more questions. Wished they answered whether the gameplay is 3rd-person like the Wii version or Top-view like the iOS.

Man, now I'm leaning towards a refund to avoid this mess altogether

I played some of the RE7 demo. Really fucking spooky. Like there were times where I audibly went "ahhh" (a scared ah) and that sort of thing. There's apparently 3 endings to it, I got the "bad" one the first time. This may require a fakeybro. One thing thats standout weird is RE in first person. 

I REALLY hope that my sub number for Gamepump (#734) is just counting Paypal and that way more people used Credit Card payment. Or that its just a random number.

734 x $20 = $14,680

Indie game devs need food to live right?
you mean "indie game PORTER need food to live right?"

From what I read so far, they are professional porters, not developers. None of the shit they offer are original works, just port

Step 0. Be envious of pre-order model for game bundles

Step 1. Start your own monthly game subscription, $5 per month

Step 2. Offer a one-year sub at a huge "discount" to inflate perception of value

Step 3. Don't bother working out details of publishing your game on Steam

Step 4. Collect money from 734 gamechumps

Step 5. Delay your launch because you have to go through Greenlight

Step 6. Claim this is because you don't want to "push an unfinished slate of games out the door to meet this deadline"

Step 7. Pledge to deliver two bonus games to subscribers

Step 8. ???

Step 9. Maybe profit.

zbzCMcI.gif

Okay I'm being harsh, and I do give Robert credit for offering refunds to people.

One thing that confuses me is that GOG tends to be extremely selective. If they've agreed to sell the GamePump titles, that could mean the games will be quite fresh and quality. It seems like a big leap of faith for such a small starting operation (< 1000 subscribers). I'm also skeptical of their GOG partnership for some reason, but that could be because I've soured quite a bit on GOG and their own questionable practices in the past couple years.

At the same time I can remember when Stephen Kick formed Night Dive Studios and teased that they were re-releasing System Shock 2. Nobody really believed it at first, but the game came out and four years later Night Dive has released many classic games on Steam and GOG. So, I can give GamePump the benefit of the doubt when it comes to potentially having some cool games planned, but they really should have worked out the business details (Steam) in advance before they made guarantees and accepted money. That could undermine them from the start, but if I've learned anything it's that gamers have very short memories and will gladly open their wallets if the product is enticing.

honestly why does steam even still have greenlight given what it is these days? I didn't realize they had it anymore since literally any can get through that thing it seems. didnt they loosen up the process because people were bitching about how hard it was to make it through or something? I think that was a mistake

if any regulars want hopiko quote this and i'll send you a pm. dont want to drop it for an icky lurker

edit: just sent to lostnumber

bread's done
Back