Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Well, just sent out a refund request to Gamepump. If it goes through, cool. If not, then its a valuable lesson learned for $20.

Too many red flags for me to ignore and the possibility that LIT could just be a pretty-up version of an iOS game is the final push on something that I was already borderline on. The games will probably eventually come onto Humble

Good luck to Gamepump, I will remember you as Subscription #00734

if any regulars want hopiko quote this and i'll send you a pm. dont want to drop it for an icky lurker
My bad pasports31 for the PM, I need to learn to read

Don't trust anyone who signs his correspondence with "beep boop"
The company is called Super Villain Incorporated...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the Lit IOS graphics are horrible compared to the original....I really hope we see something good though. It's such wishful thinking....but yeah hope for the best.

I'm staying subscribed to GamePump, especially now with the 15 games for $20 delay resolution.  Even if only 20-25% of the games are good I still think the value is there to justify the low investment.

You'd have to think their end game is to generate a return once the games actually end up on Steam (either directly or through Greenlight). Subscribing early serves to create an install base for some early funding, basically crowdfunding to get the ball rolling. I also wouldn't be shocked to see the monthly price increase within 6 months once (or if) they get things going. I bet they fall behind again and need to bring in more developers.

I kind of wonder if these indie developers have something like a fixed percentage contract, in that they get compensation based on a percentage from gross sales (once on Steam).  :whistle2:k

With that said my expectations of GamePump are pretty low, but again it's just $20.

One thing that confuses me is that GOG tends to be extremely selective. If they've agreed to sell the GamePump titles, that could mean the games will be quite fresh and quality. It seems like a big leap of faith for such a small starting operation (< 1000 subscribers). I'm also skeptical of their GOG partnership for some reason, but that could be because I've soured quite a bit on GOG and their own questionable practices in the past couple years.
regarding Gog store, it could be that these games will be picked up by a big publishing company any way and these dudes are just porters. Whoever behind them just use them (for the technical part) and YOU (ya, YOU and YOUR MONEY) to test the market.

if the initial testing phase with the guinea pigs (YOU) and your money proves worthy, then the publishing deal will move forward and GoG deal will be done

regarding Gog store, it could be that these games will be picked up by a big publishing company any way and these dudes are just porters. Whoever behind them just use them (for the technical part) and YOU (ya, YOU and YOUR MONEY) to test the market.

if the initial testing phase with the guinea pigs (YOU) and their money proves worthy, then the publishing deal will move forward and GoG deal will be done
I'm really hoping the publisher is DotEmu.

I'm really hoping the publisher is DotEmu.
HRdXdWg.gif

Finally enabled AMD's ReLive after winning a quick 1v5 in R6S and realizing there was no way to replay it. Works really well and I haven't noticed any impact on framerates. I've set it to automatically record the last 20 minutes of gameplay. This way, in the unlikely event that I ever do anything cool again I can have proof of it.

Malkavian is for those who already understand the game's story, plot, gameplay, and whatnot. Malkavians are psychotic, strange, and have their own kind of way of bizarre talking, references, metaphors + interacting w/ things...including talking to Stop Signs + other inanimate objects. Malkavian class is namely for those who've already played the game.
You take that back. It's the only group I ever play. Never fun if there's no schizophrenia involved.

You take that back. It's the only group I ever play. Never fun if there's no schizophrenia involved.
I do highly recommend Bloodlines players play as Malkavian - but just not on Play-through #1.

I highly recommend it for replays of the game - which every gamer should do, anyways. This game's worth replaying, IMHO.

If players go as Malkavian on PT1, they just might not know what the hell is going on w/ the story + plot-wise & also what some of the choices might mean b/c of how it's all written right off the bat (vampire reference/pun intended). The dialogue is very different + stranger than when picking any other class. They tailored all dialogue for Malkavian to be very bizarre and different.

Players should know the game itself already w/ the story, gameplay, plot, etc + basically play through it at least once before they even decide to play as one on a replay.

It's really fun to play as a Malkkavian - it's really funny, bizarre, and hilarious.

This is probably one of the few longer-winded games that I've actually replayed numerous times. Love this game.

I remember getting bogged down in the last section of Bloodlines, so unlike Redemption, I never actually finished it. The first 2/3 of the game were great fun, though. Basing an entire game around jump scares is banal (I'm looking at you Five Nights at Freddy's Ad Nauseum and your many, many imitators), but that game had some pretty good jump scare moments.
Oh, man - I have Redemption....still backlogged from GOG! If you don't mind me asking - how did you like the game itself? How was the story? Gameplay? Music? All of that good stuff.

But, yeah - the 1st 2/3rds of Bloodlines is absolutely fantastic, for RPG-style gamers. A lot of the quests are interesting + have different actual approaches and/or finishing results to them. Basically, it has the RPG depth from a RPG/action hybrid that Deus Ex: Invisible War could've + should've had.

Well, on a side note - I'm glad that Deus Ex: HR overall (yep, I did finish that - and Missing Link, too; haven't touched DC Edition though) + so far from what I played of Mankind Divided have turned out great.

Back to Bloodlines.

The last 1/3rd - yeah, if you don't pump points into any action-style skills for both offense + defense, you're pretty much toast. Right after your decision in the cab ride where they make their most important decision for the main quest, players probably should be given extra points given to them to sink into skills + maybe some pop-up should warn them to make sure they have a decent amount of points pumped into action+defense skills, unless they want the game to be difficult for them.

It's probably really something the Wesp's Unofficial Patch should address in the Plus Mode version of the patch, so it ain't stomping on those who are fine the Basic version of the patch (which basically changes very little from the original version of the game).

I played through the Darkening of Tristam Diablo III event yesterday...  For a mode that they didn't even have to make I rate it pretty positive.  If that seems a bit backhanded I guess it is.  The event is only in Adventure Mode so that means exiting the game kills your progress in it...  The first few levels are fun as you enjoy the graphics filter and fight through the first two bosses but after that...  Its sort of slogs down through the next 16 levels.  The Catacombs, Caves, and Hell tile sets they use are all sets you've seen so many time before in D3 that they've long lost the luster/magic that moving farther down into the dungeons always brought in the original. 

Also, like I said after the first two bosses you have like 11 levels with no bosses and none of the unique mini bosses that could easily fuck you up on their levels, like the spitting terror (dog like creature) in the Catacombs. (There are unique monsters but non really felt Iconic.) 

So, yeah, like I said much of the levels could be removed with no hindrance...  There no real tie to the original game via the tile set and since they didn't include any of the side entrances that could be unlocked in the original there really is no need for the the levels.

That said, and though I've listed allot of negatives, its still a decent homage, and they have a number of cosmetic unlocks to make it worth your time. 

Note: There is an achievement/unlock for doing it with a new character, which is what I did. (Also to start the event you need to go to the Old Ruins in Act 1 and go through the portal in the center of town.)

About them putting D1 in my D3 - Is this a Seasonal event that'll be only up for a while? Or is it forever?

I believe they said it would only be available in January, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a recurring January event every year.  It was short but sweet, that old gold pickup sound and music brought back the D1 memories.

Now bring on the Necromancer and extra stash tabs!

been going through and activating all my bundle keys

didn't realize i had a key for this before i bought it during the steam sale.

my loss is your gain.

raiden 4
3XYY0-JK9L7-LNMJA

I have to agree with Inmate about Diablo 3 darking event.  I played through it twice yesterday.  I think I missed one achievement, which I can live without.  I brought back some nostalgia with the music.  I got the gem at the end which I am not sure if it will be viable compared to main gems being used.  I appreciate that Blizzard has continued to add to Diablo 3 / refine it over the years.  

I found the following youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZTqCuKu8U which I felt made some valid points about what could be done for the next game.

Regarding the necromancer and extra stash tabs; I think this was originally intended to be another expansion.  However, I just do not see Blizzard adding another major boss.  I would like it more if Blizzard would give some reasonable goals to get another stash tab.  While I have played several seasons, I have not solo'ed Torment 13 in under 5 minutes and all the other stuff.  When you have so many sets and items related to builds, you cannot keep all of it for all the different classes.  

I thought with patch 2.4.3 that the diamonds, rubies etc were going to not be taking up stash space, but that did not happen.  I also thought that Blizzard was basically giving players a closet to stash gear for the character to change as different gear for different purpose. Maybe with 2.4.4. we will see some more quality of life improvements.

Diablo 3 still is fun.  My main frustrations are lack of storage (for me) and too many other quality games to sink time into.

Great, all this Diablo 1 talk. Music in the old Diablos were great. Can't go wrong w/ Matt Eulmen's scores. Makes me want to install the original classic. Not like it'd take up much space or anything.

I wonder if there's any good Source Ports, Renderers, or engines around for D1 offline play.

D3 is awesome.  Especially on consoles.  I've only put 20 hours into it, but I got no complaints.

On the other hand I've put 20 hours into FFXV and have plenty of complaints.

Great, all this Diablo 1 talk. Music in the old Diablos were great. Can't go wrong w/ Matt Eulmen's scores. Makes me want to install the original classic. Not like it'd take up much space or anything.

I wonder if there's any good Source Ports, Renderers, or engines around for D1 offline play.
I've never found anything in all my hunts. Not even a resolution increase.

Did some looking around (i.e. did some Googling) for Diablo 1 source ports/renderers/mods/whatever.

Found a HD Mod for Diablo 1 called Belzebub, which is right now only for Single Player Offline Mode.

Fine by me.

I can even render this now up to 4K on resolution here on my PC; set FPS anywhere up to 60FPS; and all kinds of other cool features.

Very nice!!!

EDIT:

Oooh, you can even zoom in and out while playing, by rolling the mouse wheel up+down within Belzebub Engine - like you can do in Titan Quest and some other ARPG's. Sweeeet!!! :)

EDIT 2:

I've never found anything in all my hunts. Not even a resolution increase.
You must be digging this post that I just made then! :)

Gotta love the mod community!!!

Texans vs. Raiders bout to come on and I can't decide which game to play to stop myself from falling asleep during this expected offensive explosion.
Not sure what your talking about... I'm expecting both teams' defense to score at least one TD.

I like loot ARPGs and racing games when doing "limited attention" TV watchung so my recommendation would lean towards them.

Texans vs. Raiders bout to come on and I can't decide which game to play to stop myself from falling asleep during this expected offensive explosion.
It will be an easy win for the Texans.

Man the Patriots have a really easy route to the Super Bowl this year. Only KC and Pit could challenge them, but really won't. Not at Foxborough. The Pats will only have to play one of them at most, too, in the AFC Championship. Dolphins, Raiders, and Texans have 0% chance.

It will be an easy win for the Texans.

Man the Patriots have a really easy route to the Super Bowl this year. Only KC and Pit could challenge them, but really won't. Not at Foxborough. Dolphins, Raiders, and Texans have 0% chance.
I think Pittsburg could give them a legit challenge and that is it. My gut tells me NYG vs. NE again though and we all know how that turns out lol.

Quick question about a F2P game Forge of the Gods...has anyone actually played it? All I know is I've gotten at least 5 dlc or something from different sources...but never tried it.

Oh, man - I have Redemption....still backlogged from GOG! If you don't mind me asking - how did you like the game itself? How was the story? Gameplay? Music? All of that good stuff.

But, yeah - the 1st 2/3rds of Bloodlines is absolutely fantastic, for RPG-style gamers. A lot of the quests are interesting + have different actual approaches and/or finishing results to them. Basically, it has the RPG depth from a RPG/action hybrid that Deus Ex: Invisible War could've + should've had.

Back to Bloodlines.

The last 1/3rd - yeah, if you don't pump points into any action-style skills for both offense + defense, you're pretty much toast. Right after your decision in the cab ride where they make their most important decision for the main quest, players probably should be given extra points given to them to sink into skills + maybe some pop-up should warn them to make sure they have a decent amount of points pumped into action+defense skills, unless they want the game to be difficult for them.
Hm. Well, bearing in mind that it's been about 12 years, here's what I remember about Redemption. The narrative is more straightforward in the sense that it's basically Christof's love story and tale of, well, redemption as he tries to regain his humanity and that of his beloved. I don't remember what clan he becomes part of--I think it's Brujah? Anyway, you don't have any control over which clan he ends up in--it's a fixed story point--and you don't create any characters from other clans. The first half of the game takes place in the Middle Ages in Prague and the second half in the 20th century in America. I vaguely remember something about the combat being very unbalanced in the modern part of the game because you go from fighting guys with axes, swords, and crossbows to fighting guys with pistols, rifles, and RPGs. I also remember the first time I ran across a werewolf in the game. I wasn't too familiar with the World of Darkness lore so I was expecting the werewolf to be much less powerful or maybe as powerful as a vampire, so I was shocked when he turned out to be . . . like werewolves in WoD.

Bloodlines had a few things going for it in terms of characterization because you did get to choose your protagonist's clan and it had a meaningful difference on your playstyle. You mentioned Malkavians, but as another example, if you play as a Nosferatu, you can't move around in the human world as freely as other kindred can due to your monstrous appearance. The story was more complex than Redemption's and was a "bigger" world in the sense that you got a good sense of the interactions among the Camarilla, the Sabbat, and the Kindred of the East.

As far as the Deus Ex games go, I never played more than a few minutes of the first two, but I did quite enjoy Human Revolution. I only had it on OnLive, though. I almost bought a copy of it during the sale, but I'm not much one for replaying most games.

Love the features list on this game. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/566990

Steam Trading Cards. 

That's it. That's all they want you to know. Nothing about whether or not there is multiplayer, achievements, or even the ability to play it as a single player game, just the words Steam Trading Cards. At least there is one dev who knows precisely what their game is worth. No lies, no deceit, just come get some trading cards you don't even have to bother playing.  

Also it is a free browser game.

Last edited:
Hm. Well, bearing in mind that it's been about 12 years, here's what I remember about Redemption. The narrative is more straightforward in the sense that it's basically Christof's love story and tale of, well, redemption as he tries to regain his humanity and that of his beloved. I don't remember what clan he becomes part of--I think it's Brujah? Anyway, you don't have any control over which clan he ends up in--it's a fixed story point--and you don't create any characters from other clans. The first half of the game takes place in the Middle Ages in Prague and the second half in the 20th century in America. I vaguely remember something about the combat being very unbalanced in the modern part of the game because you go from fighting guys with axes, swords, and crossbows to fighting guys with pistols, rifles, and RPGs. I also remember the first time I ran across a werewolf in the game. I wasn't too familiar with the World of Darkness lore so I was expecting the werewolf to be much less powerful or maybe as powerful as a vampire, so I was shocked when he turned out to be . . . like werewolves in WoD.

Bloodlines had a few things going for it in terms of characterization because you did get to choose your protagonist's clan and it had a meaningful difference on your playstyle. You mentioned Malkavians, but as another example, if you play as a Nosferatu, you can't move around in the human world as freely as other kindred can due to your monstrous appearance. The story was more complex than Redemption's and was a "bigger" world in the sense that you got a good sense of the interactions among the Camarilla, the Sabbat, and the Kindred of the East.

As far as the Deus Ex games go, I never played more than a few minutes of the first two, but I did quite enjoy Human Revolution. I only had it on OnLive, though. I almost bought a copy of it during the sale, but I'm not much one for replaying most games.
Redemption:

That actually sounds interesting, with its story/plot here + the game jumping b/t 2 different eras thing.

Bloodlines:

At this time, this felt like the Deus Ex game that never got made - bit it got moved over to the WoD Universe with vampires + other supernatural stuff (instead of Deus Ex's setting of cyberpunk/sci-fi, augmentation, and Gov't conspiracy).

Deus Ex series:

If you ever get the chance, I would highly recommend you do go play the original Deus Ex. It's one of my favorite games ever made. It's in my Top 10. If you liked Human Rev, you'll probably dig the original Deus Ex - just make sure you mod it up so it works properly on your system.

And so far, Mankind Divided is excellent, gameplay-wise. You do have lots of choice in how to approach things, which is a Deus Ex staple + is great. I'm having a blast with this, so far. I really hope the story doesn't fall apart, like people said it does - but, we'll have to wait and see, once I get to that point.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about Invisible War, unless you get it dirt-cheap - It's good, but very flawed. Unified ammo concept and the streamlining/consolization of this game really almost ruined the game, TBH. I could really go for a mod to fix the unified ammo idea + switch things so the game instead deals out real ammo for each gun (i.e. what both every other DX game does).

Other than those annoyances listed - IW was still good w/ its plot, story, and decision-making...it's just nowhere as great as the others.

I don't know if anybody has played the game Lisa, but I picked it up during the Winter sale as it had decent reviews on Steam, and man is it...weird. Pretty much Earthbound made specifically for adults. If you like lite Jrpgs and/or like Earthbound I definitely recommend it.

So, uh, I guess that one "One Deal Per Day" site that used to have a thread here went kaput?  And probably a month ago and I just noticed now?  Which would help explain why they went kaput?

bread's done
Back