Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So, uh, I guess that one "One Deal Per Day" site that used to have a thread here went kaput? And probably a month ago and I just noticed now? Which would help explain why they went kaput?
The site is still up, but there seems to be some dns problems, if you type the link in directly, you get a name not resolved error, but if you click on a link to the site it works. Once you click on the site you can type in the site directly again. Hmmm.

As for the thread dying, The bot that posted in the crono.gg thread stopped at one point and no one bothered to post in the thread.

https://www.chrono.gg/

If you really want updates, Their twitter is the best source:

https://twitter.com/chronodeals/

Current Deal Is SEUM:Speedrunners From Hell for $7.50

TBH, Most of the deals in the past month or so haven't been that great. one day was Pixel Heros: Byte and magic for $2, which isn't terrible, but it sometimes goes on sale for $1.49 or less during the steam sales.

Also Beholder for 6.49, Which was glitched for free on indiegamestand, and Between me and the night for 3.50 , which has been free on several ocassions.

EDIT: spelling fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little late to the Diablo 3 chatter, but did everyone who was playing also get their cow? 
After I ran through the content the first time with a level 1, I wasn't sure if I wanted to look at it ever again... but being able to run through it in like 20 minutes instead of a couple hours (normally leveled and equipped character vs. brand new seasonal character), made for a easy enough return visit to run down to the 9th level, grab a mushroom and get all the stuff I needed to get the Royal Calf pet. 

As for the thread dying, The bot that posted in the crono.gg thread stopped at one point and no one bothered to post in the thread.

https://www.chrono.gg/

If you really want updates, Their twitter is the best source:

https://twitter.com/chronodeals/

Current Deal Is SEUM:Speedrunners From Hell for $7.50

TBH, Most of the deals in the past month or so haven't been that great. one day was Pixel Heros: Byte and magic for $2, which isn't terrible, but it sometimes goes on sale for $1.49 or less during the steam sales.

Also Beholder for 6.49, Which was glitched for free on indiegamestand, and Between me and the night for 3.50 , which has been free on several ocassions.

EDIT: spelling fixes.
Pretty damn sure some guy posted in the thread every day and it wasn't a bot. He replied to posts and even PMed me a code (for free) to one of their daily deals when I missed it.

He seemed really cool.

A little late to the Diablo 3 chatter, but did everyone who was playing also get their cow?
After I ran through the content the first time with a level 1, I wasn't sure if I wanted to look at it ever again... but being able to run through it in like 20 minutes instead of a couple hours (normally leveled and equipped character vs. brand new seasonal character), made for a easy enough return visit to run down to the 9th level, grab a mushroom and get all the stuff I needed to get the Royal Calf pet.
If it can be done in a group I have a mushroom laying around on a season character... (Also, I ran it again today... I think my run time was longer with a character with a few levels on it.)

I'm on the chrono.gg mailing list, they're definitely still running.

Vast majority of their offerings are about 25-50 cents below the historical low price, which really isn't enough to get anyone excited.

Got my cow and butcher pet. I just burned off a level 25 gem of ease, slapped it on a new character and ran the entire thing in like an hour. Think they got up to level 58 or so too. It was fun and now I'm done playing D3 for another 6-12 months.

I don't know if anybody has played the game Lisa, but I picked it up during the Winter sale as it had decent reviews on Steam, and man is it...weird. Pretty much Earthbound made specifically for adults. If you like lite Jrpgs and/or like Earthbound I definitely recommend it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojapVW-7lQ0

I don't know if anybody has played the game Lisa, but I picked it up during the Winter sale as it had decent reviews on Steam, and man is it...weird. Pretty much Earthbound made specifically for adults. If you like lite Jrpgs and/or like Earthbound I definitely recommend it.
I bought after seeing it recommended on Reddit and NeoGaf. Still haven't booted it up yet, but I will definitely play it today.

Also, sorry if this had already been mentioned, but Words for Evil, which is another hidden gem, is the daily pay what you want game on Indiegamestand. I paid 50 cents for it on Saturday, but I wasn't able to get a Steam key for it until this morning. It's supposed to be a word game crossed with a role playing game that's similar to Letter Quest, and it was on my wish list. Glad I didn't buy it during the Steam Winter Sale!

To anyone that cares, Today is the last day of the greenmangaming winter sale.

The 1 pack of  Random Steam Keys from greenmangaming are 42 cents each with the code WINTERSALE15. 

Today is also the last day you get a free game with any purchase, and the winter sale code should be good for 15% off  anything in the store.

I got in the 1 pack:

TIDALIS

and the bonus game was: ROOKS KEEP.

Overall, Meh. Rooks Keep looks kinda cool but nothing really spectacular either. 

I bought after seeing it recommended on Reddit and NeoGaf. Still haven't booted it up yet, but I will definitely play it today.

Also, sorry if this had already been mentioned, but Words for Evil, which is another hidden gem, is the daily pay what you want game on Indiegamestand. I paid 50 cents for it on Saturday, but I wasn't able to get a Steam key for it until this morning. It's supposed to be a word game crossed with a role playing game that's similar to Letter Quest, and it was on my wish list. Glad I didn't buy it during the Steam Winter Sale!
Honestly, My Favorite Word Game is Bookworm adventures.

Unfornately, The Game was delisted from steam In May or april of 2016, So unless you have a game key you can no longer get it on steam anymore. I Don't even think the game is on origin.

http://delistedgames.com/bookworm-adventures-deluxe/

Just about to start Act III in The Witcher 3, gotta say this is already in my top 5.

Is the DLC worth playing through right away?
The DLCs are going to take over 10 hours each to beat. I played each after taking a break and did not feel like I lost much. Blood and Wine is mostly self contained.

Just about to start Act III in The Witcher 3, gotta say this is already in my top 5.

Blood and Wine is the finest conclusion to a game/series I've ever encountered. Hearts of Stone is enjoyable but ultimately forgettable but the ending to Blood and Wine is where it is at and something that I will compare all other games to.

The DLCs are going to take over 10 hours each to beat. I played each after taking a break and did not feel like I lost much. Blood and Wine is mostly self contained.
Um, yeah, this guy apparently played the story missions straight through if it only took him 10 hours. I'm easily more than 10 hours into B&W and I've only played the first 3-4 story missions. I've been spending the rest of my time doing side missions and treasure hunts. It costs a fair amount of coin to fully upgrade Corvo Bianco (it's 5000 crowns just to do a general spiffying-up) and I still haven't paid the runemaker from Hearts of Stone his 5000. I also spent a lot of money upgrading my feline armor to grandmaster (it must have cost me at least 30,000 crowns for all six pieces).

To more directly answer the question, I always play story DLCs right after the main game if I have them available at that time. Once you step away from a game for a while, you lose your familiarity with the lore and the characters (and sometimes the quirks of the controls and combat systems) and the DLCs just aren't as meaningful at that point. That's why getting GOTYs is smarter than being an early adopter, IMO. If you're really enjoying TW3, as you seem to be, then I say, go for it.

Um, yeah, this guy apparently played the story missions straight through if it only took him 10 hours.
Actually I did most of the side missions in both. I never said how long it took me, but instead gave an estimate for the bare minimum to show that they would be a large time commitment.

Right away? Not really.

Hearts of Stone was very good side story that's self contained.

Blood and Wine was not as good, imo, but that might have been because I paused the story part of it and did everything else before coming back. It's a huge expansion, something like 1/3 the size of the main game. The main story was ok, but it's tied to the actual novels more than Hearts of Stone was. And it gives Geralt closure, which is a main highlight.

Um, yeah, this guy apparently played the story missions straight through if it only took him 10 hours. I'm easily more than 10 hours into B&W and I've only played the first 3-4 story missions.
I don't think it took me 10 hours for Hearts of Stone, and that's doing everything. Looking at my playtime, I beat it in 2 evenings. Granted, I started with 20k crowns and a bunch of high valued stuff I couldn't sell, cause 20k crowns was the max at the time. So I didn't have to farm money at all.

Blood and Wine took me 20 days total, it looks like. I remember going around to do all the Gwent stuff first, which took 10 of those days. I don't remember how long I actually played for in real hours. Probably close to 30?

To more directly answer the question, I always play story DLCs right after the main game if I have them available at that time. Once you step away from a game for a while, you lose your familiarity with the lore and the characters (and sometimes the quirks of the controls and combat systems) and the DLCs just aren't as meaningful at that point. That's why getting GOTYs is smarter than being an early adopter, IMO. If you're really enjoying TW3, as you seem to be, then I say, go for it.
100% agree about stepping away from a game. Sometimes it's good to take a little break (maybe a few days or something), but if you leave it for weeks or more....when you go back you feel so lost and almost feel like you need to start over. One of the reasons I've started Mana Khemia like at least 2-3 times...never finishing. Gets boring and easy. Still enjoyed it though...and I really wish another Mana Kehmia game would come out someday.

20XX is a better game to scratch that megaman itch. Really, that game is amazing.

Edit: I need 20XX's ost.

Marlow Briggs is $0.99 (80% off). First Steam discount in just over two years.

FkVaAYS.jpg

bread's done
Back