Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
But can they be activated in the US? And what site(s) should I look at?

Thanks for the tip
It's currently $10 on the Humble store. If you're a Humble Monthly subscriber that brings it down to $9 and if you use the Humble rewards thing you can get another 5% back into your Humble Wallet and then 5% to the charity of your choice.

Probably the best legitimate deal out right now.

Genuine question from a noob here. I'm idling all of my stuff right now for the first time ever, and I'm wondering what is the best method for listing/selling the cards en masse?

Can't help much there. I just do it manually, but I don't let my collection grow so large that it's unmanageable either.
I use Steam Inventory Helper. I know some people were upset it got sold to some other company, but I've used it for months with no issues.

Can't help much there. I just do it manually, but I don't let my collection grow so large that it's unmanageable either.
According to the idling program, I think I'll have a few hundred cards.

I use Steam Inventory Helper. I know some people were upset it got sold to some other company, but I've used it for months with no issues.
I'll look into it. Thanks!

It's currently $10 on the Humble store. If you're a Humble Monthly subscriber that brings it down to $9 and if you use the Humble rewards thing you can get another 5% back into your Humble Wallet and then 5% to the charity of your choice.

Probably the best legitimate deal out right now.

I see that. I was hoping to get it for $5 or so. I'll just have to keep waiting. I can wait it out!

tumblr_mbylkkKuyR1qedb29o1_500.gif

Last call on this, if anyone wants to double (or triple, or 8x) dip go right ahead. Dropping what's left in the thread tonight.
I saw the post and looked through the list. I've genuinely heard of zero of those titles, so I didn't know which one to ask for. If you don't mind just selecting something halfway decent, I'd appreciate it. I understand I'm not following the rules of the giveaway by requesting this here and not on the blog post, but I also exclusively use CAG via Tapatalk and don't have easy access to the blogs. No worries if you don't want to do anything at all.

I saw the post and looked through the list. I've genuinely heard of zero of those titles, so I didn't know which one to ask for. If you don't mind just selecting something halfway decent, I'd appreciate it. I understand I'm not following the rules of the giveaway by requesting this here and not on the blog post, but I also exclusively use CAG via Tapatalk and don't have easy access to the blogs. No worries if you don't want to do anything at all.
Halfway decent? That's a tall task for this list lol. I'll see what I can do.

As I mentioned the other day, I just recently started using the steam mobile authenticator. Since I started using it, I've been prompted to enter a security code every time that I logon to the steam client. Previously, I'd only get hit with that sort of request if I was logging on to a new computer for the first time (or a computer which has had a fresh install of the OS). Now I'm getting hit with this crap every time that I reboot the computer.

Is there some setting to disable this sort of thing? Or is this just one of the many glorious features of steam mobile authentication?

This would be a pain enough as it is. But I've been using Bluestacks, which is a piece of shit software. I'm lucky if I can get the frickin thing to start up properly one time out of fifty tries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering what was taking all my hard disk space.

Turns out I had 400 Gigabytes of backups for Steam's "localconfig.vdf".

It's useless file that caches your steam licenses, friend names, groups names, last played games etc.

I have set up backups every 10 minutes and as file changes regularly, it's new version get always backed up.

It comes like 80 - 100 backups of that single file a day and file constantly increases in size.

I have backups of this file from summer 2014. That's 2.5 years.

Did i mention file is entirely useless, if you delete it, Steam gets data from server as needed?

And Windows doesn't allow to exclude single file from backups.

Just set Steam to remember your username and password / log in automatically and it won't ask you for a code when you start it.
Thank you for the suggestion, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I have an alt which I do log into with some regularity (I even use it to play games if I'm idling cards on my main account). So it's not an ideal solution for me. If push comes to shove though, I might just resort to doing that. I'd have to repeat that anytime I've switched to my alt, but at least it would cut down on this security code crap somewhat.

Also open account settings in the client and make sure 'Don't save account credentials on this computer' is unchecked.
It isn't checked. So that isn't the problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

After 47 hours with it, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is finished.

As great as the game itself is and is the major reason to recommend it, the story + character development seems to be going great and building into something awesome - until the game finishes up abruptly & lands into "anti-climatic" territory, suddenly rolls credits, shows a few clips to set something up, and feels like a major set-up for either DLC's and/or a sequel.

EDIT:

My long-winded DX: Mankind Divided PC review:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/337000/

Sorry if you guys have seen it, but I've never thought Terry Crews could get cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXf8P8FLz9c

After 47 hours with it, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is finished.

As great as the game itself is and is the major reason to recommend it, the story + character development seems to be going great and building into something awesome - until the game finishes up abruptly & lands into "anti-climatic" territory, suddenly rolls credits, shows a few clips to set something up, and feels like a major set-up for either DLC's and/or a sequel.
out of curiosity, how did you pull 47 hrs out of that? Granted, I haven't played it, but from what I read it was relatively short (main story, anyway). hltb says for a completionist the average is 41 hrs.

out of curiosity, how did you pull 47 hrs out of that? Granted, I haven't played it, but from what I read it was relatively short (main story, anyway). hltb says for a completionist the average is 41 hrs.
During traveling sequences he makes believe he's in Euro Truck Simulator 2 driving a load of washing machines to a department store in Bratislava.

Nope

Hand=Nunes
Pee-pee=Rousey

FYI: I usually last longer than the real Rousey...unless I'm thinking about Tebow's mom...AMIRITE!?!?
Lmao

Judging from yesterday's Bro Night, everyone is willing to put a dong in a butt. Or get a dong in their butt. Or put their own dong in their butt.
Could you post y'all's audio commentary?
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266105270665111135/7B6C3EC5B308F1C6110C46E751CD741C375708A3/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C1024:*
Wonder when this'll become an esport.

B/c I often do take a lot longer than most players, when playing games.

In this game, I did invest in reading a lot of the actual in-game Lore and did almost EVERY single side quest + also Point of Interest here. I often do experiment a bit here, as I do save, load + reload saves quite a bit, too in these type of games. I often do die quite a bit in these kind of games, too.

Also what probably does slow me a down a bit is I do take in-game lots of screenshots + post them, as well.

TREMORBRO ALERT!!

They've got the two new HoGs from the IG bundle up right now.

Agent Walker: Secret Journey and Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse.  199 a piece.

TREMORBRO ALERT!!

They've got the two new HoGs from the IG bundle up right now.

Agent Walker: Secret Journey and Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse. 199 a piece.
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't visited Tremorland in ages, but they actually decided to bear fruit for completing a few tasks. I picked up those two games that I needed and continued traveling down Plus One road.

Thanks mguiddy!

Second Biggest Backup target: <-- it's actually bigger, but split to parts

Firefox Data - 672GB

- Bookmarks (places.sqlite) - 311GB

- ublock adblock rules - 122GB

- Cookies - 170GB

- Session Restore - 50GB

I guess it's very useful if I remember I had THAT tab open in 13.3.2016 14:55 and want to restore it now
y u no--

o w8 u do

(wtf is wrong with you, joki, stop browser cache +1)

I think my playthrough was just under 40 hours. The game ends kind of abruptly, but I really loved exploring the world and I took my time with it. It's also one of the rare game where I actually enjoy stealth, which slows things down a bit.

One of the better games of 2016, which was a pretty good year overall. Just thinking about it almost makes me wish I still played video games.

Another card question. Is there a particular time that works best for selling? Say, around the sales? Or is it pretty much the same year round?

Another card question. Is there a particular time that works best for selling? Say, around the sales? Or is it pretty much the same year round?
Big sales with crafting events are always best for me, but in between sales I recommend listing on Friday mornings. Weekends seem to always give me little boosts in sales.

Looks like nvidia is startin to make good on its free games promise for being logged in to GFE, just got sent a redemption code for Division/watchdongs2.  Im guessing division is in there for when they run out of wd2 codes

General
Game install folders can be moved to other Steam Library folders under Properties / Local Files
Fixed regression causing item issues in some Inventory Service games
Fixed loading workshop items in offline mode

Steam Controller
Added Open Big Picture controller action binding.
Fixed baseline Big Picture, Desktop, and Steam Chord configurations not checking the official configurations for appropriate controller type, which could result in improper configurations if the user had none selected.
Fixed configurations trying to queue multiple downloads of the same file which could result in an error.
Fix for PS4 turning off command when using Bluetooth in Windows 10.
Finally!

Spent hours trying to get a Dualshock 4 working in games....apparently the new dualshock 4 (version 2) migth not work on Steam (though it shows the buttons and recognizes on Big Picture Mode, but doesn't actually work in games; it shows Xbox buttons)

bread's done
Back