Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I understand that... I didn't spend a fortune as I used the panda but I bought all of the Splinter Cells on PC for the same reason.
Microsoft could solve all this laziness on Bungie + Activision's half and let XBOX ONE games be able to run natively on the PC, in the future - as long as, of course, Destiny's servers are still up.

And my set, these are strictly for gaming

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826502062

which replaced

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104399&cm_re=logitech_g930-_-26-104-399-_-Product

You can get the logitechs real cheap if you go refurb, looks like newegg has em for 40 right now. One issue with the logitechs are their plastic joints, they are a known issue on basically every headset they make and you got a 50/50 shot at it breaking on you.  There are 3d printable replacements you can buy fairly cheap online though.  I eventually replaced them because I also started to get a crackle and shorter battery life on them, but they served me well for ~3 years.

The turtle beaches are good, but they can be a bit tight so if you got a big head I wouldnt recommend them. Their surround emulation also isnt as good as the logitechs was, still passable and usable enough for r6 siege though and hopefully will be moot with the win10 update that adds universal atmos support

Personally I prefer wireless headsets for gaming, dont have to deal with having wires running across you plus your free to get up and take a piss and not have to deal with them. Which leads to one upside on the logitechs, the side buttons, since you can map those to anything you can map it to the mouse button you use for PTT (i refuse to be that jackass and not use PTT), so you can also walk around and talk as well

Last edited by a moderator:
The HyperX Cloud series seems to be the go to headset these days:

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Line/dp/B01MTLMV89/

First one is $80 and II is $100. Not sure what the difference is between the two.

I've switched to a standalone mic (Blue Nessie, though I will upgrade to a Yeti eventually) and I use the headset just for sound, so technically I could use anything, but currently I am using a Turtlebeach Earforce DXL1:

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Force-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B006W41X18

It's older and technically not for PC, but since I don't need the mic feature I use them as headphones and I love them because I just started wearing glasses recently and these are the lightest, most comfortable headphones I've worn since. The sound is good if you are gaming, not sure about music.

The HyperX are supposed to be super comfortable too though.
I have the Cloud II. There isn't a ton of difference:

Cloud II has Virtual 7.1 surround via the included USB cable.

Cloud II has a better mic (with noise and echo cancellation) and inline volume controls.

Specs are mostly the same other than the Cloud II has neodynium magnets for the transducer

You can usually find the Cloud II on sale pretty often for about $80 USD.

deus-ex-human-revolution.jpg

I know I'm in the minority, but cutting Steam out of making money but yet making Steam HOST the files for thousands of downloads.... that kinda makes it up to Steam.  But it IS a two-way street.  Without Steam, Devs would have far less of a platform.  Without Devs, Steam is ehhhhhhh... but still lightyears better than UPlay.

I picked up the Logitech 633 (wired version the Artemis Spectrum) last black Friday.  Only thing I care about in a headset is comfort, and I don't have any issues wearing these for multiple hours.  Previously, I used variations of the Razer Carcharias which were easily the most comfortable i've ever used.  According to the discordians, the mic on the 633 is better.  Biggest downside to the Spectrum is the lighting attracts moths at night, which is surprisingly annoying, yet not annoying enough to make me figure out how to turn the lights off.

I'll probably try out one of the HyperXs when I inevitably sit on my 633.

edit: got some mid-tier Turtle Beach things for my PS3, those are definitely headcrushers.

I kind of think they're just getting annoyed by extra rework created by companies that it's fairly unprofitable to work with.

It's not the top 20% of sellers this is directed at. Each of those Valve probably bends over backwards to keep relatively happy.

It's the people at the bottom, the ones whose games likely don't even produce enough revenue to make it worth offering them support, yet come yelling and screaming at Valve to create X keys, now invalidate X keys because of a bad business deal, now create Y more, etc.

These people are devaluing games to less than even the 49 cent minimum Steam is trying to enforce, and they're doing it on the back of the people that are actual direct Steam customers. What likely goes on in the heads of several devs is that they believe they can fire sale somewhere for a very limited time frame (1 or 2 weeks), and then have their game on Steam until the end of time: All of those keys that went out are advertising for the full-price sales they're looking to inspire.

This does things that aren't good for Valve: It brings down the average level of perceived quality on the service, and it drives more people to be cheapasses: looking for where they can pick up the games for almost nothing rather than being the rube that pays full retail in the Steam client.

While there will eventually be fallout for the customer, I'm pretty sure this is just Valve telling devs, publishers and bundle sites that they're tired of their shit, and while they're willing to play ball, if you're make yourself a giant hassle that surpasses your value to them, they'll tell you to get bent.
The underlined part is definitely a problem, but what it all comes down to is that Steam created this system and this system is making them a LOT of money. It all depends on how they actually enforce their new subject of complaint, because if they are actually going to disallow devs to giveaway keys, sell their games in bundles, etc, that's a problem. If they're simply going to crack down on situations like you brought out above, that's reasonable.

What shouldn't happen is some blanket change that screws over the sellers. Like I said in my other post, it seems like they want to get their cake and eat it too. If they create a system that makes them a bunch of money, it's pretty asinine of them to suddenly start complaining about bundled keys (which it seems like they're doing, with that "pennies" comment).

They likely just want more money, less time wasted offering support for cheap keys (because we all know how much Valve has valued customer support over the years), but to keep their key system in place because it's beneficial for them through retailers. By all means, fix the system and make it easier for yourself, but don't do it at the expense of the developers who are the bulk of your business.

I picked up the Logitech 633 (wired version the Artemis Spectrum) last black Friday. Only thing I care about in a headset is comfort, and I don't have any issues wearing these for multiple hours. Previously, I used variations of the Razer Carcharias which were easily the most comfortable i've ever used. According to the discordians, the mic on the 633 is better. Biggest downside to the Spectrum is the lighting attracts moths at night, which is surprisingly annoying, yet not annoying enough to make me figure out how to turn the lights off.

I'll probably try out one of the HyperXs when I inevitably sit on my 633.
Do you game outside?

Fallout Shelter has come to PC:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588430/

It's a ported mobile/casual screen tapping sim. I had it DLed on my phone but never got into it because I realized I only have time for one such game and Simpsons Tapped Out isn't getting bumped out of that spot anytime soon.
It's a fun time waster until you get to the late stages and you literally HAVE to keep playing lest everything in your vault goes to shit. Constant Deathclaw assaults got really annoying too and kind of sucked the fun out of it.

The downfall of the mobile version was the fact that your vault keeps rolling along even when you aren't playing, which leads to issues from neglect. Wonder if they stripped that out of the PC version.

All that said... it's a fun time waster management mobile game. I never found myself thinking "I wish I could play this on my computer or TV!"

Spider-Man's gone. Grab from Humble while you can.

Still looking for a hook-up. :bouncy:

Edit: Finally found someone with credit to burn. Awesome.

Valve's being lame (yet again) about the keys, but I imagine at least part of it is that they're trying to cut down on a lot of unused giveaway keys out there clogging up their system, which I can understand. Definitely a step in the direction of Xbox/PlayStation monopoly though.

Total War: Warhammer must have sold like garbage (outside of the Monthly) for a sequel to already be coming.

Personally I prefer wireless headsets for gaming, dont have to deal with having wires running across you plus your free to get up and take a piss and not have to deal with them. Which leads to one upside on the logitechs, the side buttons, since you can map those to anything you can map it to the mouse button you use for PTT (i refuse to be that jackass and not use PTT), so you can also walk around and talk as well
I suspect most of the bros are jackasses that don't use PTT. I tried using PTT early on but found out I either could use PTT and not talk at all or further hurt my already lacking performance, or be a jackass and only be halfway a detriment to my team. Last night on RSS I was the last one left against a team of total pros 3 v 1 and I rushed in and swiftly killed two of them, then spun around behind a desk and gunned down the last one as he tried to come in and knife me. The entire time the bros were like all yelling at me "DON'T DO THAT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HE'S BEHIND YOU, WHY ARE YOU RELOADING." and I calmly said "I got this bros, don't worry." Had I been fumbling for my PTT key I wouldn't have been such a boss.

They likely just want more money.
Why do people keep saying stuff like this about Valve like it's some sort of revelation or negative thing? They are a business so yes, they want more money. They're supposed to want more money. Nothing they do, no matter how they try to frame it, is some sort of altruistic gesture to the consumer. No company is like that. Gamers are a whiny bunch so I think they're used to more "consumer friendly" companies, which is really just companies giving concessions because it's better for business. Steam's current policy is pretty generous and it's not generous without a motive. To get devs to sign on to your service you have to offer them an incentive. Steam did this to convince hesitant devs so they wouldn't be afraid their income would be limited to Steam or Steam sales and could continue to offer physical goods. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did away with the Steam keys if they get a big enough monopoly. Other digital retailers (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) don't give artists unlimited keys to sell on their own outside of their service.

Why do people keep saying stuff like this about Valve like it's some sort of revelation or negative thing? They are a business so yes, they want more money. They're supposed to want more money. Nothing they do, no matter how they try to frame it, is some sort of altruistic gesture to the consumer. No company is like that. Gamers are a whiny bunch so I think they're used to more "consumer friendly" companies, which is really just companies giving concessions because it's better for business. Steam's current policy is pretty generous and it's not generous without a motive. To get devs to sign on to your service you have to offer them an incentive. Steam did this to convince hesitant devs so they wouldn't be afraid their income would be limited to Steam or Steam sales and could continue to offer physical goods. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually did away with the Steam keys if they get a big enough monopoly. Other digital retailers (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) don't give artists unlimited keys to sell on their own outside of their service.
It's not a negative thing when it has some kind of balance between greed and giving some freedom the people who pretty much are their business at this point. To some extent that's always been the case, so we'll see if anything actually drastically changes. Ideally they should be able to find some kind of a middle ground, since right now it's a little bit of a free for all.

It's not a negative thing when it has some kind of balance between greed and giving some freedom the people who pretty much are their business at this point. To some extent that's always been the case, so we'll see if anything actually drastically changes. Ideally they should be able to find some kind of a middle ground, since right now it's a little bit of a free for all.
I definitely agree with that. With the way things currently are I can't imagine Steam doing anything too drastic because someone would be more than willing to try to swoop in and replace them. I don't really know how PC game sales breakdown between Steam Store and outside of Steam, but I doubt Steam has a huge monopoly just yet. I tend to buy most of my stuff off of Steam myself.

hey guys Idiot is back....he will argue with you just to argue...,then he will get your playfire account banned because you are pirates

Never Forget The Playfire Bannings

Man, all these news of late...

Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition.

StarCraft 1: Remastered is coming.

TSW is getting revamped + renamed as Secret World Legends & is going to be F2P. 

Bayonetta PC port likely incoming.

Destiny 2 PC version actually is happening this time around.

What A Time. To Be Alive.

giphy.gif

Bayonetta PC port likely incoming.

What A Time. To Be Alive.

giphy.gif
source for that Bayonetta port?

What shouldn't happen is some blanket change that screws over the sellers. Like I said in my other post, it seems like they want to get their cake and eat it too. If they create a system that makes them a bunch of money, it's pretty asinine of them to suddenly start complaining about bundled keys (which it seems like they're doing, with that "pennies" comment).
They aren't making a blanket change though, they are reserving the right to reject keys. It seems to me they are tired of dealing with keys for crappy games that don't belong in the steam store in the first place.

The steam forums are full of customers saying they want steam to cut down on the crap they let in their store, so they did away with the Greenlight system and now it looks they are reserving the right to do away with crappy IndieGala bundle and Groupees keys too.

Bayonetta PC port likely incoming. Bayonetta 3 console exclusive reveal along with RDR remastered dropping alongside RDR2, both console exclusive

I definitely don't think it's Bayonetta 3

Announced via Steam, where no Bayonetta games were on

Announced via a .com site rather than .jp

Announced on SEGA'S website

It's probably a port of Bayonetta 1, but whatever. 1080p constant 60fps Bayonetta would be nice. I'm assuming Nintendo wouldn't allow 2 on anything, but who knows

My money's on a Bayo 1 port.

They already remastered it for Wii U (1080p/60 FPS) to include with copies of the original print of Bayo 2.

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to get a little more cash out of it. Unfortunately, it's likely that like Sonic: Lost World, it won't also come to Xbone/PS4, but Xbone has it via 360 Backwards Compatibility anyway.

Since everyone's talking about Bayo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is 3.99 Euro on Gamesplanet French and German sites. Came out to $4.42 for me.

Pretty good deal on the game.

hey guys Idiot is back....he will argue with you just to argue...,then he will get your playfire account banned because you are pirates

Never Forget The Playfire Bannings
I'm going to need the story on this.

___

If bayonetta comes to steam I will finally buy it.

I had skipped the ps3 version because of fps issues back then and I never used my Wii U ever.

Hey guys, Thought this was pretty cool.. if someone needs some cheap keys.

Windows 10 Enterprise (installs on 20+ PCs) - 14 EUR

Windows 7 Enterprise (installs on 5 PCs) - 11 EUR

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 / 64 retail key - 6 EUR

Office Pro Plus 2016 (installs on 5 PCs) - 14 EUR

Here's the person's full eBay store: http://stores.ebay.ca/squarty?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

The seller told me that each Enterprise license key they sell is unique. I bought one Windows 10 Enterprise license from them, and had Microsoft support check it for me, and they told me it's authentic.
found it over @ [H]ocp.

Cheers

I'm going to need the story on this.
A bunch of people used a third party achievement manager to add achievements to their accounts to get Playfire rewards and I didn't, and a bunch of them wound up getting banned from it. Maybe I said it was shady at some point, I forget. Drabe doesn't like me so he thinks I reported people. The end.

Hey KeeperOfWind have you seen this yet?

Also what are your thoughts on the EX series games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2x8c-RFGnA

Last edited:
Before anyone starts being an idiot and thinking that something with so much effort/money put into it is an April Fools prank, it's been confirmed that it'll be playable today.

Before anyone starts being an idiot and thinking that something with so much effort/money put into it is an April Fools prank, it's been confirmed that it'll be playable today.
Fan fuck ingtastic! Also how, where and for what price?

I will throw my money at the screen with such force that I will need to buy a new monitor.

Last edited:
Put that bad boy in a closet or never have sex again. Also - you took it out of the box?????
SeasonalCAG Nothing To Hide:

I been married close to 20 years nothing to hide and I don't collect to resell so I just put in the mancave. Everyone should have one if married or single step yo game up...

gN74Bpl.jpg

Incase people don't want to signup for NicoNico here's a youtube link to people playing it live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gla-yMayJ2M

When the fuck do we get this? Do want.

I kind of think they're just getting annoyed by extra rework created by companies that it's fairly unprofitable to work with.

It's not the top 20% of sellers this is directed at. Each of those Valve probably bends over backwards to keep relatively happy.

It's the people at the bottom, the ones whose games likely don't even produce enough revenue to make it worth offering them support, yet come yelling and screaming at Valve to create X keys, now invalidate X keys because of a bad business deal, now create Y more, etc.
I assume they're trying to weed out the "Make a shitty game, give away a million keys, get 2¢ per jpg sold in market" titles. It's a negative to me but not really much of one since pretty much every free or three cent game is shit anyway. I don't think it'll affect the more reputable bundle sellers like Humble but it might be the end of garbage like the New Reality bundles. Steam isn't trying to drive off developers with $20 games that actually sell via the store just because they did a bundle offer but they're likely less worried about developers with thirty 49¢ - 99¢ games that only get activated via retail keys.

I can see Valve's standpoint where it's probably a pain in the ass to generate 150,000 keys just so some joke dev can give them all away. It's one thing to generate retail keys where the fact that people have to buy the game serves as a check on how many are required and another to just give away virtually limitless copies of a title. As far as the nominal "clean up the store" rationale, it's a bit late for that one.

bread's done
Back