Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I really thought people were just going to laugh at the idea of someone mentioning Jesus during an Easter sale just because it's like Christmas where yeah it's technically a Christian holiday but kids just want candy and a bunny. Didn't even think it was going to piss people off like it did. But then I just kind of felt like I had to follow through with it.
Now you just have to remember to resurrect the thread next Easter or even better wait three days after nobody posts in it to resurrect it. The we can debate if the thread was brought back by a divine power or just a necro zombie thread.

Does anyone remember when/if the XL version of Just cause glitched...?

Two other things...

Not to restart the Mass Effect Andromeda talk again but I saw my first ad for it on TV...  It was a short clip inside of a Sony PS4 ad.  But has anyone seen an ad for ME: A at all?  Only talking about EA but I saw a ton for Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 at their releases...  Hell, I still occasionally get a BF1 ad on youtube.  Anyhow, pretty positive EA knew the game had issues.

Lastly...  So glad not to be in Atlanta.   (Another highway is closed this morning...)

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2017/04/toxic_chemical_spill_shuts_down_atlanta_highway.html

Not to restart the Mass Effect Andromeda talk again but I saw my first ad for it on TV... It was a short clip inside of a Sony PS4 ad. But has anyone seen an ad for ME: A at all?
Looking at YouTube, they HAVE ads for it but I can't say I ever saw one aired. The ones I just watched were wholly unfamiliar to me.

Looking at YouTube, they HAVE ads for it but I can't say I ever saw one aired. The ones I just watched were wholly unfamiliar to me.
Hmmmm. I might look around to see if anything seems feels familiar... I know I don't watch as much youtube at my new job BUT I do still watch allot. (And I know youtube has figured out movie or video game ads might just get watched by me so that's pretty much all I get so I figure I woukd recall seeing them.)

I block all my ads online like a normal person so I don't know what is advertised, but I wouldn't be surprised if your youtube ads are influenced by your browsing habits.  I watch TV and the only game I recall being advertised like crazy was Mafia III.  I don't have too many recollections of any other games being advertised a lot, but I mostly watch ID.  

To clarify, I didn't see ME:A advertised while otherwise watching Youtube.  Rather, I went on YT to see what the ME:A ads looked like to see if it would spark a "Yeah, I remember seeing that on TV" moment.  No dice though.  While ME:A ads were made, I never saw one in the wild.

I have seen Mafia III advertised on television back when and Battlefield 1 as well.  Don't remember seeing a televised Titanfall 2 ad.  Game I remember seeing the most televised ads for was Bioshock Infinite which seemed to have ads running every other commercial break.  They had that ad with Elizabeth on the gallows and Booker preparing to snipe through the rope -- a moment that never remotely occurs in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, there's a few deals going on at Humble:

Simulation Week:

Good for DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2 or Goat Simulator.  I also picked up Plague Inc. on PC (had it on mobile for ages, great game).  

They also have a Full Throttle remake, which yes, Double Fine, bundle fodder, etc.  Anyone play the original?  I remember seeing trailers for it 20 years ago and thinking it looked good. 

They also have a Full Throttle remake, which yes, Double Fine, bundle fodder, etc. Anyone play the original? I remember seeing trailers for it 20 years ago and thinking it looked good.
Yea i played it when it was originally released, its another great lucasarts p&c game. Good story, good humor sprinkled throughout (of course not as much as something like sam n max). Its also simpler than ones like monkey island, the puzzles are alot more straight forward (monkey islands ridiculous recipe comes to mind)

Im eagerly awaiting bundle, or glitch, or completion bundle, or completion bundle glitch

I actually like most if not all of the old LucasArts point n click... That I finished of course... Because I am a mental midget and a loser, baby!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TI have seen Mafia III advertised on television back when and Battlefield 1 as well. Don't remember seeing a televised Titanfall 2 ad.
Speaking of Mafia 3, I did a fair portion of the Faster Baby DLC yesterday. I like it, despite its shortness. The DLC has its own storyline and all, BTW.

This game really needed more variety of mission types, as this DLC also has cool chases in vehicles + shooting-out & crashing things while you're in the car, than say just the usual Godfather: The Game style of stuff that the Mafia 3 base-game beats you over the head with a bit too much.

You do have to open the game up after the game's First Act (i.e. The Demo) + Second Act (i.e. take over lots of areas part to get important people to join you), as it takes a bit before you're able to access this DLC content.

In Mafia 3 (base-game), you do a lot of taking over neighborhoods + areas by force - whether by racketeering areas by wiping their crew out and/or destroying objects (booze, drugs, etc) in their business front; converting enemies to join your cause + squad; and/or flat-out just killing enemies off.

Hopefully, more Mafia 3 DLC's will come along + be integrated right into the base-game's campaign and add more variety of mission types and/or cool main story-style type of missions.

So how does one go about increasing their user lever @ Alienware Arena? I'm at level 2, and that aint cutting it for any of the giveaways.

I'm sure this information is readily available on their site, but frankly, I'm too lazy to check. I need somebody to be my butler.
photo-thumb-370695.png

Dung: 6G90Y-H9TJL-R6CQH

Manure: 5FHRM-9M7EC-W3434

Coprolite: 0JRKY-7JT4W-QI202

I feel this begs the obvious question of whether MS is going to release HW2 on Steam. Anyone heard anything about this?
I remember hearing a "theory" that microsoft doesn't bother bringing MP games to Steam (which is why we get Quantum Break but not Gears of War)

But seeing this, I guess anything's possible.

I really want Gears of War

So how does one go about increasing their user lever @ Alienware Arena? I'm at level 2, and that aint cutting it for any of the giveaways.

I'm sure this information is readily available on their site, but frankly, I'm too lazy to check. I need somebody to be my butler.
What fox said, but since I had a hard time finding the "This or That" votes thing

https://na.alienwarearena.com/forums/board/293/this-or-that

The page also mentions community gain... Not entirely sure how that works. I guess its when people upvote your posts... I guess it's worth spamming a thanks post if it'll be on the first couple pages of comments, as those get pretty good upvotes due to people (like me) upvoting everything on the first 5 pages to get my 10 points.

Wow. Im not necessarily totally surprised, but am a bit. I imagine people who played a lot are getting bored with it and they need to juice the playerbase. Level 10 is haha, but I totally expect this in the next monthly at the very least now.
The community is really toxic and they fucked up the matchmaking in one of the patches a while ago, so it doesn't surprise me much if people are getting bored with it. Some of the big streamers are still playing it so it's definitely not dead yet, but if you mainly play survive with friends the queue times takes too damn long. Not sure if they fixed that in a patch recently though, I haven't played it for a couple of weeks.

Did Battlefront 1 have a campaign and was it any good?
No it didnt have a campaign. It was almost entirely an MP experience bar the horde modes.

I really enjoyed it and felt they did a fantastic job on the design, but ultimately it just didnt have a long lasting grip on me. I would say they succeeded in some respects because they nailed the whole Star Wars universe aspect, but it was way too casual.

I cannot wait for II though, the campaign should (better) be great and its going to be considered canon in the overall story. Will probably subscribe to Access or be subscribed already for that month b/c of FIFA to play it early. The trailer is outstanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

NO SEASON PASS

C9fONncXcAIm9Jy.jpg

DICE's Battlefront 1 did not have a SP Campaign.

It was a complaint many had w/ this game.

Also, I don't have DICE's Battlefront 1 yet.

Waiting for the Complete Version w/ all DLC to get cheaper.

Don't even bother at this point. No one is going to be playing it once II is out.
Yeah, when we bro-nighted it the community was already pretty small and frustrating. Same people in every map. OP'd high level vets just slaughtering all the noobs. Wasn't much fun.

The community is really toxic
I hesitate to say they're the "worst" simply because most of them don't come up with combinations of racial and sexual slurs to throw at you. So it has that over some titles. They are, however, the whiniest and most obnoxious damn bunch of morons I've seen in a game.

Man, that dude in the Seedy Keys thread is REALLY attached to his zombie joke.

Gotta love developers' logic on split-screen. "Why put split-screen on PCs? It's not like they have the better hardware that split-screen requires to run efficiently. It's not like you can't use controllers on PC or use a large monitor or standard HDTV to play the game. Nah, let's only put that on underpowered consoles that will require more graphical cuts and framerate issues to run split-screen correctly."

Doesn't matter much, but it's such a common thing for split-screen to be stripped from PC versions and I hate it.

Yeah, when we bro-nighted it the community was already pretty small and frustrating. Same people in every map. OP'd high level vets just slaughtering all the noobs. Wasn't much fun.
Yeah, Battlefront is by far one of the most unbalanced MP shooters I've played. I'm all for a little unbalance (games are annoying when everything is nerfed for a perfectly level playing field no matter what you're using), but as fun as cool as Battlefront can be, the lack of balance kind of kills it. At some point you just get tired of running into the same exact weapons and classes and whatnot every match and handicapping yourself unless you fight fire with fire and create a shallow, repetitive game.

I finally cashed out on my PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS pre-order items today, I will be making a total of $200 on virtual items that I got for free once everything is sold.

Overall I cannot complain, isn't anything I want to buy beyond the yu-gi-oh game till the spring sale.

The prices are starting to jump and down so I decided to cash out even if it did go up in value.

KpCQGII.png

bread's done
Back