Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Can be had in various cities with municipal internet, alot of those are ~70 for gigabit with no caps. Theres also ting moving their fiber in for the same amount, still pissed its half a mile from my house and I cant get it

the more important issue is: do you recommend us to fakeybro Prey?
No idea, ain't played it.

And there's No PC Demo out for it, either.

I don't normally recommend a fakeybro, unless the game's 50% off or better for pre-order release week, or not long after release.

Also, I always check reviews from outlets (GameSpot, IGN, etc), Steam reviews + gamers' opinions on message boards + especially any sort of info I can dig up on technical performance.

Problem w/ Zenimax + Bethesda is - well, we might not see reviews pop-up very soon b/c since Doom 2016 + especially since that game was a success, they ain't giving reviewers early copies anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stellaris isn't really Grand Strategy, it's more of a 4X/RTS hybrid. Learning curve is drastically easier than other Paradox titles, and it's quite fun as well. Lots of diplomacy options, combat isn't overly obtuse, robust tech tree with the ability to research multiple things at once, and enough varying ways to plan your space empire to encourage replayability. And while it does suffer from some minor Paradox DLC bloat, game support has been excellent (version 1.6 is upcoming) and it's first major expansion has just launched for people wanting more end-game content.

Excellent monthly headliner, I can't recommend it enough.
Damnit... don't do this to me, I was all set to hate on it, because Paradox. I'm kinda like Syntax in that I get why I'm supposed to like this type of game, but more often than not end up zoning out on it too quickly.

I sense backlog... but I wants its!

So I'm up to my next in crappy WoW gold and Blizz bucks, anyone want awful Blizzard product codes at like 60% the cost?  I also declare this to be the appropriate thread for such talk.

Any idea on why the Humble Monthly email shows games that didn't come in the bundle (Underwhere and A2Be)?

ZeUCkFx.png

I lied, 75%... derp. Well you do the charity stuff for kids so, for you, 62.345%.  The bigger problem is actually having something on Steam worth buying since I am anti-Paypal.

A6yJf1T.png

Yes, I did just get it less than 15 hours ago in the Humble Monthly. No, I'm not proud of myself. But yes, I did find it to be absolutely remarkable.

I lied, 75%... derp. Well you do the charity stuff for kids so, for you, 62.345%. The bigger problem is actually having something on Steam worth buying since I am anti-Paypal.
Oh thats not me, thats drsasquatch, dont wanna be takin credit for all that :).

Either way I was just contemplating, not sure if Id want it or not, but sounds like something some people around here may be interested in

Someone gifted Undertale to me awhile ago. I probably lasted about 3 hours in it till I moved on. It's neat, but it felt extremely over-hyped. Just felt like another retro styled indie project with some interesting ideas thrown in to set it above most of the trash. Decent, but not the second coming of Christ like so many people made it out to be.

I pay $70+tax/month for gigabit on non-intro, non-contract, no cap service.
What city because that's amazing.
Can be had in various cities with municipal internet, alot of those are ~70 for gigabit with no caps. Theres also ting moving their fiber in for the same amount, still pissed its half a mile from my house and I cant get it
That's pretty much google fiber in KC also... Its 70 bucks a month if you don't want TV. (Well, I do think there is a one year contract or paying for construction fee.)

I pay 131 bucks after all taxes for fiber internet and 220 channels of cable TV/DVR.

With Time Warner I paid 150+ for shit internet and about that many channels...

Seems like a great deal to me. *shrug*

I pay $70+tax/month for gigabit on non-intro, non-contract, no cap service.
Yeah, I'm paying $70 for 50Mbps and another $120 for satellite TV. Choices are pretty crap in my market. Cox more or less has an internet monopoly, but its bundles and TV and phone service are horrendous.

So in other news I finally finished Ghost Recon Wildlands.  By finish I mean I got all collectables, got my character to max level, all skills to max level, got all weapons, attachments, and, of course did the missions.  (Well, minus the radio broadcast side missions as those missions pretty much require a group.

All in all, I loved it but I can see where others wouldn't...  Especially, if that person is looking for the old Ghost Recon of old.  Surprisingly the story, though far from Shakespeare is solid enough, seems well thought out, and has some slick presentations.

I'm not sure if I'll boot it up and find someone co op companions (I only spent 1 hour in co op) or move on to something else in the backlog for now as I've spent 93 hours playing it and I sort of feel I should move on.  Truthfully, I'm not that bored with it...  Though unlike some games I feel I enjoy it in shorter spurts than in marathon sessions.  (I think because I start to rush things.) 

Hmmm...  Maybe I'll go and get one of those clearance Axiom Verge Collector's Edition that Gamestop has..  I've waited forever for Humble to monthly it (and while the bundles have been good to great) I would like to play it.

Oh thats not me, thats drsasquatch, dont wanna be takin credit for all that :).

Either way I was just contemplating, not sure if Id want it or not, but sounds like something some people around here may be interested in
wait.. i thought you are drsasquatch, the dude who raised fund for kids at his hospital.. Now I got confused

Prey (the old one) is 4.72 here and they take paypal. Play-Asia is also a real retailer too. Got my key right away!

http://www.play-asia.com/prey-steam/13/70ahfh
Huh... Seems to have been pulled from Steam also. I'll take one!

So instead of going out and facing the sun, like a normal person, I opted just to try something from my backlog... Two things actually. First, I tried Sniper Elite V2 but I just don't think my instincts can handle a different third person shooter after 93 hours of Wildlands.,, It just felt very bulky in movement and whatnot and I don't remember that from the demo on the 360 at all so I'll comeback to it later as I really loved the demo.

Second, I tried Ryse: Son of Rome. I want to like it but after For Honor the controls just feel a bit too simple, but I can handle that for the story, but it seems like this is going to be the very rare game that makes me nauseous. The combat camera is great but moving from area to area is rough as the camera shakes a bit with each step. Enslaved is the game that really did me bad in this manner before hand... I played it on the 360 but had to play it on my computer monitor instead of my TV... And I had to sit pretty damn far away from it.

(And I'm already doing all that with Ryse.)

So all you people with time spent playing Ryse... Did any of you have this issue?

my key is a dupe and I blame you.
Mine redeemed just fine.

It's been 3 months why hasn't Robinson: The Journey been on sale yet? Has it been on sale outside of steam? I've never bothered looking at the Oculus store.

Prey (the old one) is 4.72 here and they take paypal. Play-Asia is also a real retailer too. Got my key right away!

http://www.play-asia.com/prey-steam/13/70ahfh
3.24 on kinguin and there are coupons floating around to make it even cheaper.....but its kinguin...which I never had issues with...one key revoked but they refunded me.

I would imagine all these keys are from boxed copies...game has been pulled from steam for years...I dont think you run any risk of these being revoked.

So in other news I finally finished Ghost Recon Wildlands. By finish I mean I got all collectables, got my character to max level, all skills to max level, got all weapons, attachments, and, of course did the missions. (Well, minus the radio broadcast side missions as those missions pretty much require a group.

All in all, I loved it but I can see where others wouldn't... Especially, if that person is looking for the old Ghost Recon of old. Surprisingly the story, though far from Shakespeare is solid enough, seems well thought out, and has some slick presentations.

I'm not sure if I'll boot it up and find someone co op companions (I only spent 1 hour in co op) or move on to something else in the backlog for now as I've spent 93 hours playing it and I sort of feel I should move on. Truthfully, I'm not that bored with it... Though unlike some games I feel I enjoy it in shorter spurts than in marathon sessions. (I think because I start to rush things.)
Yeah, my complaint w/ GR Wildlands from the Open Beta was that wasn't GR enough for me. Basically, I would've been much happier w/ Wildlands if it allowed for me to be able to order + boss around my AI teammates much more akin to what you could do in the GRAW games.

I liked what I played from GR Wildlands Open Beta b/c it was ambitious as Hell mixing a ton of different styles of games - i.e. stealth-games (i.e. Splinter Cell games); open-world action games (i.e. think Far Cry games + any other Ubi open-world game); 3rd person shooter games; GTA style of games w/ vehicles; 4 player co-op like that of Borderlands; some GR elements (can't take many hits or you'll go down or die and there is still some planning + strategy to the combat); etc etc.

I felt that the old-school GR style of bossing around of teammates like GRAW would've + could've been what I thought was really missing from the GR Wildlands Beta, to elevate it to another level.

I could really go for a major price-drop on GR Wildlands.

EDIT:

I activated my Prey: Collector's Edition retail key on Steam quite a while ago (July 2011). Heck of an old-school style FPS, I must say.

Worth noting:

Since some of y'all are buying OLD Prey, might own it, and might be eventually getting Prey 2017, check this crap out.

Giant Bomb made a comment that the OLD Prey + NEW Prey can't be installed at the same time on Steam, since they use the same damn folder name/directory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY4ZHKrAqlc&feature=youtu.be&t=771

Also been talked about on NeoGAF - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368643&page=13

So, yeah - we all might want to back-up both Old Prey + New Prey folders somewhere else, if need be; in case of uninstalling + reinstalling each game purposes.

EDIT:
I activated my Prey: Collector's Edition retail key on Steam quite a while ago (July 2011). Heck of an old-school style FPS, I must say.
Er, you bought on Steam? I didn't know you could activate retail keys for Prey on Steam. I played it back whenever it came out from a physical CE box that I snagged on the cheap somewhere.

Er, you bought on Steam? I didn't know you could activate retail keys for Prey on Steam. I played it back whenever it came out from a physical CE box that I snagged on the cheap somewhere.
I thought most people knew about it by now, but yeah you can activate the code on steam. IIRC it's on the back of the manual, but I'm too lazy to check.

Yeah, I'm paying $70 for 50Mbps and another $120 for satellite TV. Choices are pretty crap in my market. Cox more or less has an internet monopoly, but its bundles and TV and phone service are horrendous.
Indeed. I'm stuck under Cox's thumb. Going to cancel my bundle and just go with internet since I rarely watch television anymore.

Nope, never bought it via Steam.

Already owned it from Retail.

Those retail keys activate up on Steam.

EDIT:

I thought most people knew about it by now, but yeah you can activate the code on steam. IIRC it's on the back of the manual, but I'm too lazy to check.
Yep, I still got the retail box and everything.

Like you said - yep, key's on the back of the manual.

Worth noting:

Since some of y'all are buying OLD Prey, might own it, and might be eventually getting Prey 2017, check this crap out.

Giant Bomb made a comment that the OLD Prey + NEW Prey can't be installed at the same time on Steam, since they use the same damn folder name/directory!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY4ZHKrAqlc&feature=youtu.be&t=771

Also been talked about on NeoGAF - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368643&page=13

So, yeah - we all might want to back-up both Old Prey + New Prey folders somewhere else, if need be; in case of uninstalling + reinstalling each game purposes.
Can they use same VRAMS???

Brodate:

I think I missed one earlier this week.  We had scheduled Crash Force, which was free on Alienware, but only Spoder and I showed up, so we switched to Tricky Towers where I dominated as usual, though Jimbo gave me a run for my money and Reds soundly beat Spoder who is awful at puzzle games.  

Then we tried Citadel, which was bundled, and is supposed to be like the movie Cube, which if you haven't watched it SPOILER ALERT but it's about a big cube made up of rooms with each room having some sort of trap or obstacle you need to survive to move on and hopefully eventually escape.  Citadel was like if the movie was 5 minutes long because that's about how long it took before everyone had died multiple times from falling into spikes or random light orbs killing you or whatever else the troll game throws at you.  I'm sure that someone with enough patience and time might "win" but we quickly decided it wasn't worth a proper bronight scheduling.  

Last night we had our usual BF1 Friday and it was the best BF1 session I've ever had.  I was consistently top 10 on my team and the SpoFo clan was consistently being placed with the sucky team to balance things out.  We won our first three games in thrilling come from behind fashion, the first one being pretty impressive.  We did end up losing the last one, but not by much, we just couldn't overcome the shitty randoms on our team.  

Did they start matching platoons like that? Putting high scoring platoons on shitty sides? That would explain some things the last time we tried to play. First time as a platoon we did our usual all top 5-8 placement all night, but the next day we played we kept being put on the shittiest teams possible

Can they use same VRAMS???
Dunno.

But, one could probably mess around and get Prey Classic + Prey 2017 installed together, in a very slick manner.

Depends on what you have for resources available.

What's good is they both look like they use different PROFILE game-folders.

Prey Classic uses My Documents\My Games\Prey.

Prey 2017 looks like it uses My Documents\My Games\Arkane Studios\Prey, according to PC Gaming Wiki.

If you have Prey Classic from retail on disc - you could just install it off the disc anywhere and name the folder "Prey Classic" or something; grab patch 1.4 from 3DRealms (which makes the game DRM-FREE); and run the game. Then you could jump on Steam and add that version as a Non-Steam Game and you're done. Tried that; works fine! :)

Prey Classic Steam-version owners, it uses a different Prey.EXE which ain't DRM-FREE; doesn't work w/out Steam. Tried it, no dice. You'd need version 1.4 DRM-FREE version of Prey.EXE, to boot the game without Steam going.

If you have both Prey Classic for Steam-version + Prey Classic at Retail w/ Patch 1.4, you could chuck the DRM-FREE file for Prey.EXE from your retail-version right into the Steam-folder and be golden - tried it, it works. Then, of course - rename game-folder to "Prey Classic" + add it as Non-Steam game (so this doesn't conflict with Prey 2017's folder).

Did they start matching platoons like that? Putting high scoring platoons on shitty sides? That would explain some things the last time we tried to play. First time as a platoon we did our usual all top 5-8 placement all night, but the next day we played we kept being put on the shittiest teams possible
I'm not entirely sure, but it felt that way last night. First match we fell behind big time, but our squad almost single-handedly led the comeback and next game it told us it was switching us to the other team to balance the teams. After that, it sort of felt we were being paired with less than competent teams.

Dunno.

But, one could probably mess around and get Prey Classic + Prey 2017 installed together, in a very slick manner.

Depends on what you have for resources available.

What's good is they both look like they use different PROFILE game-folders.

Prey Classic uses My Documents\My Games\Prey.

Prey 2017 looks like it uses My Documents\My Games\Arkane Studios\Prey, according to PC Gaming Wiki.

If you have Prey Classic from retail on disc - you could just install it off the disc anywhere and name the folder "Prey Classic" or something; grab patch 1.4 from 3DRealms (which makes the game DRM-FREE); and run the game. Then you could jump on Steam and add that version as a Non-Steam Game and you're done. Tried that; works fine! :)

Prey Classic Steam-version owners, it uses a different Prey.EXE which ain't DRM-FREE; doesn't work w/out Steam. Tried it, no dice. You'd need version 1.4 DRM-FREE version of Prey.EXE, to boot the game without Steam going.

If you have both Prey Classic for Steam-version + Prey Classic at Retail w/ Patch 1.4, you could chuck the DRM-FREE file for Prey.EXE from your retail-version right into the Steam-folder and be golden - tried it, it works. Then, of course - rename game-folder to "Prey Classic" + add it as Non-Steam game (so this doesn't conflict with Prey 2017's folder).
Couldn't you just install each game to a different drive? Like I have 3-4 refurb Hitachis (I really did lose count) and I have Steam folders on each. That'd be a pretty simple solution.

Couldn't you just install each game to a different drive? Like I have 3-4 refurb Hitachis (I really did lose count) and I have Steam folders on each. That'd be a pretty simple solution.
That's probably a pretty good idea, too.

Whenever I get Prey 2017, that'd be worth a shot. Prey 2006 only takes up around 1.7GB, so it would be easy enough to just throw that on separate drive. Wouldn't take long to copy it elsewhere.

Hopefully, Prey 2017 just doesn't overwrite every Steam-folder named "Prey," regardless of what drive it's on.

EDIT:

Of course, if Bethesda's smart - maybe they can just update Prey 2006 and have its folder get renamed to say Prey 2006 so it works properly within Steam (so you can keep time-tracking and all of that Steam stuff), w/out any user-shenanigans needed to be involved.

Grabbed a Prey key on Kinguin, worked fine. $3.57 after a 49 cent "payment charge" (maybe from using PayPal, I dunno) and a 5% off coupon. Key pops up instantly in your library, retail key.

Sometimes I feel like you guys are living under a rock. I got a cheap boxed copy of Prey about 5 years ago (mainly to activate on Steam).

Why would anyone still need to have the first Prey installed still? Just let it go. If we get to the point where we can no longer access our steam games for download, shrug your shoulders and move on. If you absolutely must have a backup then put it on a backup drive, not your active drive.

bread's done
Back