Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The more + more I hear about Human Head's cancelled Prey 2, the more I scratch my head at Zenimax + Bethesda....ugh....

Plenty of spoilers here about storyline, plot, plot twists, connections to Prey 2006, gameplay elements, and other stuff that HH planned for this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KcV3O_SODk

Last edited by a moderator:
So, who is going to work on ME:A DLC's?

Will it be BW Edmonton? Or BW Montreal?

Or are they both working on separate DLC's?

Should we wait for a possible ME:A Ultimate Edition?

It doesn't matter much in the end unless you're roleplaying anyhow.
I tend to internalize my characters in these sorts of games even if I'm not actively roleplaying with others so it does matter to me. It's pretty dumb that you can't replicate a first name if you have a unique family name.

Should we wait for a possible ME:A Ultimate Edition?
Frankly, I'm not sure... DAI didn't light the reviews on fire but it got all its DLC bundled.

Personally, it hasn't gotten close to my buy it price so I don't really have to make a decision for a long, long time.

Frankly, I'm not sure... DAI didn't light the reviews on fire but it got all its DLC bundled.

Personally, it hasn't gotten close to my buy it price so I don't really have to make a decision for a long, long time.
DAI absolutely got great reviews and tons of GOTY awards. Although in hindsight, it wasn't all that amazing, and just had little competition that year.

About this ME:A news, it sounds like it's all multiplayer related including that "story recap". None of that stuff is in the actual game.

The more + more I hear about Human Head's cancelled Prey 2, the more I scratch my head at Zenimax + Bethesda....ugh....

Plenty of spoilers here about storyline, plot, plot twists, connections to Prey 2006, gameplay elements, and other stuff that HH planned for this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KcV3O_SODk
I've never played the original Prey but this sounds far better then what we got now.

Maybe 20 years from now one the developers will release one of the game builds online or sold off on some ebay auction.

of4c76Y.png

Completed!

Shame DLC isn't part of free weekend.

Here are some more.

Wyatt Derp 2

93CBR-8DCE4-Z5XKK

Withering Kingdom

9QG0R-V5XDR-XVXLM

Starship: Nova Stike

A0LKM-X7KJX-BXIM5

Winged Knights

AM6ER-G2ACT-07IRN

49GCR-HV7BZ-ZWP7B

Forsaken Uprising

EYX0L-2CRWP-R2KH9

IB0EI-RKQ2Q-TJQJX

I tend to internalize my characters in these sorts of games even if I'm not actively roleplaying with others so it does matter to me. It's pretty dumb that you can't replicate a first name if you have a unique family name.
I don't disagree. I do the same thing even on single player games like Skyrim and Fallout. That said, I always find it easy enough to throw some variation on the name I want to come up with a unique in game name. Just off the top of my head, I have a recurring character in a lot of roleplaying RPGs I play (that is an incredibly redundant term, but you get the idea lmao) named Gideon, and in the past for online games I simply use the name Gideonn.

It's a little annoying, but I just think it's always easy enough to get around without any real trouble. I do think it's stupid that games do that, but when you think about it, allowing characters to have the same name would create a lot of difficulty with whisper/invite systems and whatnot. Family names are never all that visible to other players IIRC, so if you wanted to whisper or invite someone, instead of just typing something along the lines of "/invite Herpaderp" you'd have to type "/invite Herpaderp_Stormbutts" or something (we all know these kind of things never support spaces in names).

I do think there should be an easier way to go about it, but I've gotten used to it through various MMOs and have come up with simple enough ways to deal with it.

One major difference I've noticed here versus other MMO's I've played is that this is one single server.  So the first person on the North America server to take Herpaderp has it locked up versus six or eight different servers of Herpaderps.  If that's going to be your system then you should have a way have multiple instances of the same name.

It's cool if it doesn't bother you.  It annoys me.  Still thinking about getting it since some reviews I read said it's a good single player open world style experience.  That doesn't make the naming issue less lame (especially with the extra restrictions on how many times you can use a letter, etc)

One major difference I've noticed here versus other MMO's I've played is that this is one single server. So the first person on the North America server to take Herpaderp has it locked up versus six or eight different servers of Herpaderps. If that's going to be your system then you should have a way have multiple instances of the same name.

It's cool if it doesn't bother you. It annoys me. Still thinking about getting it since some reviews I read said it's a good single player open world style experience. That doesn't make the naming issue less lame (especially with the extra restrictions on how many times you can use a letter, etc)
Best get that $30 one. Get them 2 pets for easy auto looting

What game does everyone keep talking about? First I thought it was Black Desert....or maybe it is...but I thought that was F2P....just getting confused.

This review by PC Gamer is what sold me on Black Desert Online. http://www.pcgamer.com/black-desert-online-isnt-a-great-mmo-but-it-is-a-great-sandbox-rpg/

I rarely participated in raids or end game activities, so those aspects won't be missed. As far as naming your character goes, i didn't find it too bad. First name I chose worked. I'm guessing the "Family" name is so you can't hide behind alts. Not sure though.

BTW The character creation process is excellent. Now to go find out if the rest of the game is decent.

I rarely participated in raids or end game activities, so those aspects won't be missed. As far as naming your character goes, i didn't find it too bad. First name I chose worked.
What if I wanted that name? :nottalking:

On City of Heroes, the name debate would come up all the time (I personally was okay with unique names there given the many servers and milieu) and it would always be between humorous extremes.

"I wanted Fire Boy and it was taken on the most popular server so the system is terrible!"

"Yeah, well I was able to get Syd Whipple-Orange on the first try so the system must be fine!"

Until I became the most famous CAG, I never had a problem with just having Cheaplikeafox or Comple Joe as my user names in any games.  Since I've become famous I've found sometimes people steal my name, which is weird, but hey, what can you do?  I just hope it doesn't get too bad and my privacy doesn't get further invaded.  

Hope everyone is having a good memorial day weekend!  Stay safe on those roads and no matter your political beliefs, remember and honor all the brave men and women who have lost their lives defending our freedom.  Except the confederates.  fuck those guys.  

On City of Heroes, the name debate would come up all the time (I personally was okay with unique names there given the many servers and milieu) and it would always be between humorous extremes.

"I wanted Fire Boy and it was taken on the most popular server so the system is terrible!"

"Yeah, well I was able to get Syd Whipple-Orange on the first try so the system must be fine!"
I can't tell you the number of games over the years I've preordered and finagled access to so I could have the name Bob. I am most proud, I think, of Bob 'the Jedi' (TOR).

I made a Valkyrie and named her Xdresser.. ;)

I agree the naming stuff is annoying, just not really a reason to avoid an entire game (a really unique, beautiful, and interesting one to boot). That's all I've really been getting at.

It's basically an open world multiplayer Harvest Moon ARPG with arguably the best character creator that exists in gaming currently. If not being able to name yourself Princess Tinklebutt is reason enough to not give the game a shot, I guess that's cool too.

If not being able to name yourself Princess Tinklebutt is reason enough to not give the game a shot, I guess that's cool too.
More like "If not being able to name your character what you want is going to measurably detract from your enjoyment, you should probably avoid this game because that will quite likely be an issue."

I did wind up buying it but you're oddly surly and defensive about a legitimate criticism. And, yes, each character I've made so far has had to settle for variants of their desired name because the original was taken.

I remember one bro night Syntax named his char "Error CAG" or something and I was like "WHO THE fuck IS ERROR?" and he was like "Really, Fox?" and I was like "HOW THE fuck DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?"

Names matter. 

I remember one bro night Syntax named his char "Error CAG" or something and I was like "WHO THE fuck IS ERROR?" and he was like "Really, Fox?" and I was like "HOW THE fuck DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?"

Names matter.
Someone changed their name to "Spode" (max character limit) in Arkshot, and I had the same name. I had no idea which Spode was me so I was having an identity crisis.

More like "If not being able to name your character what you want is going to measurably detract from your enjoyment, you should probably avoid this game because that will quite likely be an issue."

I did wind up buying it but you're oddly surly and defensive about a legitimate criticism. And, yes, each character I've made so far has had to settle for variants of their desired name because the original was taken.
I just find it funny to be turned off by an online game due to your desired name being taken, that's all.

I wonder how long this conversation about not being able to name a character what you want and how we can't understand why that's a problem can go on? Can it be longer than that run on sentence? Could it be the next VRAMZ? Will MysterD write a thesis on how to not understand why something bothers another human being when it doesn't bother you? One can only hope.

I'm just thinking of when I get BDO, I'm going to try to create some char's just to reserve these names:

"Syntax Error" and "Error CAG".

I was watching a review of Black Desert Online....OK cool graphics nice....but with popups....doh! And an in game cash shop for being able to customize the look of your character.....ugg...that's so Korean MMORPG.....ugg the combat looks pretty cool though. Yeah I think i'll wait....

I was watching a review of Black Desert Online....OK cool graphics nice....but with popups....doh! And an in game cash shop for being able to customize the look of your character.....ugg...that's so Korean MMORPG.....ugg the combat looks pretty cool though. Yeah I think i'll wait....
For whatever reason CAG never updated from emoticons to emoji so here

I don't think you can beat $5 unless they did it within $1 humble bundle at some point

IJAAwJM.png

bread's done
Back