Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Nope, interested in 0.

Their press conference was pure ass.
Whatever you say, Mr. Buys Everything.

I'm in for Wolfenstein 2. Didn't love the last one and a half of those, but like Far Cry 5, the setting is a big selling point. Along with killing American nazis.

Wolfenstein is a no brainer. Loved Old Blood and New Order completely.

Dishonored will go on sale quicker than shit, but I still havent played 2 so dont really care. Evil Within 2 looked interesting so may give that a chance down the line.

That was the weakest of the presentations so far, but at least it was only 35 odd minutes.

Whatever you say, Mr. Buys Everything.

I'm in for Wolfenstein 2. Didn't love the last one and a half of those, but like Far Cry 5, the setting is a big selling point. Along with killing American nazis.
Seems like America seems to be the major stomping grounds for these new Ubi + Beth shooters.

Wolfenstein 2 looks good - but man, here's another shooter in a troubled America (like Far Cry 5) that looks like it's in (also) the South (yeah, I noticed a gate that said New Orleans in the trailer, which is where Mafia 3 was set).

So does Bethesda have some internal rule about not announcing anything new unless it's 5-6 months out? No teases for 2018!? That was a tad underwhelming overall.

I'm in for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Probably Dishonored: Death of the Outsider at some point. The rest was all kind of... /shrug. I never got into The Evil Within, and VR stuff seems cool but very niche. Elder Scrolls V came out SIX years ago! I guess there's always next year?

Looks like Wolfenstein has triggered Alt-Righters and Trumpeteers.

Angry-Cat-Meme-Good-05.jpg

So Bethesda is introducing "Creation Club" which allows you to get certain mods with "Credits"?

How are these "Credits" obtained? By purchasing them.

So we are back to paid mods, again.

Not cool, Bethesda. I miss the old Bethesda.

Looks like Wolfenstein has triggered Alt-Righters and Trumpeteers.

Angry-Cat-Meme-Good-05.jpg
No biggie no one gives a damn if they get offended.

Anyhow, haven't seen much from E3, sleeping during the day now at work, but a quick glance through MS stuff seems to show allot of stuff coming to PC... Which is reassuring considering their pulled support during Vista... And who could forget GfWL? (No one bur we all want too.)

Anyhow Forza 7 makes me drool... Then again it's been how long since I could play a proper Forza game? (I certainly know what I'm doing that day.) I think my 970 is going to have to get replaced...

Less MS... but still at the conference.

Anthem looks promising, though I hate that shit where they try to have voice actors act like gamers, but I'm a sucker for loot games with high production values.

So Bethesda is introducing "Creation Club" which allows you to get certain mods with "Credits"?

How are these "Credits" obtained? By purchasing them.

So we are back to paid mods, again.

Not cool, Bethesda. I miss the old Bethesda.
Well, that was expected. Valve said they were in favour of paid mods back when skyrim mods drama happened. I think they admit the whole process was done not in a proper way, so it was pretty clear paid mods would return once the waters were calm.

I didn't even realize E3 had started. I feel like I'm losing touch with the medium lol /cue Winds of Change
Don't worry, you really ain't missed that much so far.

Mostly sequels + Destiny wanna-be called Anthem from BioWare.

No real major + interesting surprises yet, TBH.

Sure, some of the stuff looks quite good, but - eh, nothing yet to really get me super-duper excited about E3 yet.

Maybe once IGN, GameStop, and them all go out on the floor and find something we didn't expect, then we can get excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, the more you become a PC gamer the less E3 means to you... At least thats how it goes with the conferences.
I guess I might be eating crow on this last post... Looks like PC gamer is sponsoring a PC Games conference today... At least I assume their sponsoring it as no one else is talking about it.

10 PST, more details on the link.

http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-pc-gaming-show-2017-e3-livestream/

What to expect

• A major announcement from Firaxis Games.
• A new game from Klei Entertainment, creators of Mark of the Ninja, Don’t Starve, and Oxygen Not Included.
• New BattleTech footage, with brand new info from creator Jordan Weisman.
• A live demo of Wargroove, the Advanced Wars-style game from Chucklefish.
• A visit from PlayerUnknown, revealing what's next for Battlegrounds.
• An exciting new announcement from Tripwire Interactive.
• New footage and details from the PC games we’re most looking forward to.
• Much more

I've come to realize that for me the hype that is generated is typically gone and only skepticism is left by time whatever particular game is launched so E3 has lost a lot of "importance" for me in the past few years.  But this is the first time I've legitimately not known it was starting.

I guess I might be eating crow on this last post... Looks like PC gamer is sponsoring a PC Games conference today... At least I assume their sponsoring it as no one else is talking about it.

10 PST, more details on the link.

http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-pc-gaming-show-2017-e3-livestream/

What to expect

• A major announcement from Firaxis Games.
• A new game from Klei Entertainment, creators of Mark of the Ninja, Don’t Starve, and Oxygen Not Included.
• New BattleTech footage, with brand new info from creator Jordan Weisman.
• A live demo of Wargroove, the Advanced Wars-style game from Chucklefish.
• A visit from PlayerUnknown, revealing what's next for Battlegrounds.
• An exciting new announcement from Tripwire Interactive.
• New footage and details from the PC games we’re most looking forward to.
• Much more
Well Firaxis announcement must be related to XCOM 2, I guess an expansion but I wish they could do another Sid Meiers Pirates :( That game was so good on the amiga pc.

This is why I don't really bother/need to keep buying a new GPU every generation.  Bethesda's announcements were:

1) Paid mods.

2) VR versions of existing games.

3) Sequels to mediocre games.

There's simply nothing worth buying the next few years.

So does Bethesda have some internal rule about not announcing anything new unless it's 5-6 months out? No teases for 2018!? That was a tad underwhelming overall.
Honestly, this is the way I prefer it to be... I know its changed a bit this generation but I grew very tired of Sony's doing teasers for shit that would be coming out for what would be years and/or never.

yes I have also gotten tired of Sony shenanigans ever since that article about it started making the rounds.

Unlike ms or ninty, they have all the exclusives to fill the void. For that matter, when was the last time Sony cancelled something of note? Even Last Guardian came out eventually, for better or worse. 

Also

https://twitter.com/SeamusBlackley/status/874103575982481409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2Fcircuitbreaker%2F2017%2F6%2F12%2F15780554%2Fmicrosoft-xbox-one-x-controller-original-the-duke-all-hail-hyperkin

maybe it'll work on steams

Awesome, I love a controller that simulates holding a fat baby while I game. 

Also, most CAGs should watch E3 on a 3-4 year delay so you can get excited about the games you'll actually be buying this year. 

Seems like America seems to be the major stomping grounds for these new Ubi + Beth shooters.

Wolfenstein 2 looks good - but man, here's another shooter in a troubled America (like Far Cry 5) that looks like it's in (also) the South (yeah, I noticed a gate that said New Orleans in the trailer, which is where Mafia 3 was set).
It's not as though "Generic Third World Jungle/Desert" is any more original. Anyway, America is the logical place for Wolfenstein to go since it was established that America has been occupied and BJ is an American soldier. I wouldn't read too much in the New Orleans being the 'setting' based on a single sign as the previous game ranged from London to Berlin to the moon.

Murdered took place in Salem.

Watch Dogs is in Chicago and San Francisco 

The Division was in some place called New York City

Homefront Cry takes place in Philly

I'm sure people can pile on the list, but America isn't really a new or trendy setting for games.  Now FC5 at least hits up rural America, which is a little overlooked and I'm excited about the premise.  New Wolfy I'm more excited about the mixture of the US and the time period since any WWII and Nazi era games always takes place in Europe.  I wouldn't mind the Sniper Elite series taking a jump to US soil, though I think stalking around the US and killing commies still would trigger the trumpets.  

So when do we find out if Madden on PC is a thing again?  I'm excited for that but I would looooove to hear that NHL is coming back, too!

Edit:  Oh, it looks like EA has already done their presentation so I guess we don't get to find out anything for sure.

Murdered took place in Salem.

Watch Dogs is in Chicago and San Francisco

The Division was in some place called New York City

Homefront Cry takes place in Philly

I'm sure people can pile on the list
Fallout, naturally. The first Homefront was in Colorado, if I recall. Bioshock Infinite (though they technically seceded from the US, c'mon...)

Anyway, Alt-History America is interesting enough to me that it hasn't lost its allure yet. Shootin' Nazis or North Koreans in the suburbs is still a novel experience for me.

Yeah, they've been doing that it seems the past few years that they pretty much only announce things coming out in the following year. That said assuming they're planning on doing this conference every year this is the way to go for them. If they announced everything in the pipeline next year what would they do? "Here's more footage of the same 4 games we showed last year..." I'm assuming next year should be a much more exciting year for them. Either a fallout spinoff, elder scrolls 6, or a new ip, or some combination of the three will hopefully be revealed, I was thinking they were gonna show a new ip this year. I do wonder how far down the line elder scrolls is, skyrim came out in 2011.

Honestly, this is the way I prefer it to be... I know its changed a bit this generation but I grew very tired of Sony's doing teasers for shit that would be coming out for what would be years and/or never.
Bethesda is the best of the big publishers about marketing regarding the time from initial push to launch. Too bad I don't really enjoy any of their games.

Wow.

Time between Skyrim to whatever is now larger than time between Daggerfall and Morrowind.

EDIT:

Maybe it's just because I was younger, but the time between Daggerfall to Morrowind felt a lot longer to me.

Wow.

Time between Skyrim to whatever is now larger than time between Daggerfall and Morrowind.

EDIT:

Maybe it's just because I was younger, but the time between Daggerfall to Morrowind felt a lot longer to me.
In fairness they weren't also making fallout back then. That said disappointed they had nothing to show (elder scrolls or otherwise)

yes I have also gotten tired of Sony shenanigans ever since that article about it started making the rounds.

Unlike ms or ninty, they have all the exclusives to fill the void. For that matter, when was the last time Sony cancelled something of note? Even Last Guardian came out eventually, for better or worse.

Also

https://twitter.com/SeamusBlackley/status/874103575982481409?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2Fcircuitbreaker%2F2017%2F6%2F12%2F15780554%2Fmicrosoft-xbox-one-x-controller-original-the-duke-all-hail-hyperkin

maybe it'll work on steams
In the article it says the new Duke works on Xbox 1 and Windows 10 but with it being wired it going to work on windows 7 and 8 too.

As for Sony... I give so few fuck that I couldn't even tell you what games they released thus year or what they've shown at E3 in the last few years but back in the PS3 era they where notorious for announcing games at E3 that never came out on the system. A few without looking Agent, Final Fantasy Versus*, The Last Guardian, The Agency, and (okay, I lied I had to go and look up the name of this last game cause I could remember the trailer but not it's name) Eight Days.

* Shown at Sony's E3 conference even though Sony wasn't the publisher.

All cancelled on the PS3. Which is all I care about. Expecting a customer to buy a new platform when you've been promising them and showing it for years is just bad business.

Anyhow, like I said in my original post they'very gotten better this generation (and, in fact, have a shorter time to release window than MS has) but it's not always has been the case.

Anyhow, like I've said I don't care about Sony so no need to defend them for their practices from yesteryear.

bread's done
Back