Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I have an extra 27% off voucher if anyone was left out in the cold. Might be account specific, not sure.

I would be down to play it with the bros but it will suck for anyone who dies early and has to spectate.

I played some BF1 single and multiplayer last night with my Origin Access trial. The next thing I knew I woke up this morning and bought the standard vanilla edition before the sale ended. It was all a blur. I guess there is some fun to be had after all, plus the sale price seemed reasonable. I decided to pass on premium, but those night maps look really cool.

Here's -FZS441 my PUBG coupon-P3SXRC-, mixed C6V33G- order though.  If you can't figure out the order hint, then try harder.

I have no interest in the game since it's one of those "'this looks like it could be fun' but then you remember you have to play with other people" kind of games.

Newegg
Mortal Kombat XL - $8.99 (w/promo: EMCRGCR55)
Easily worth it, especially since QLOC fixed the game (and its performance issues).

It runs & looks great at 4K here on a 970. One of the few games I can run at 4K in the 50-60FPS realm, since there really ain't crap going on besides a few guys punching + kicking each other, TBH.

Last edited by a moderator:
wat else would be going on in a fighting game
Kicking the crowd's ass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0yGFEBLMRU

Eating the crowd?

0076.png

I played some BF1 single and multiplayer last night with my Origin Access trial. The next thing I knew I woke up this morning and bought the standard vanilla edition before the sale ended. It was all a blur. I guess there is some fun to be had after all, plus the sale price seemed reasonable. I decided to pass on premium, but those night maps look really cool.
see you on BFr1day with the bros, 7edt on discord

I played some BF1 single and multiplayer last night with my Origin Access trial. The next thing I knew I woke up this morning and bought the standard vanilla edition before the sale ended. It was all a blur. I guess there is some fun to be had after all, plus the sale price seemed reasonable. I decided to pass on premium, but those night maps look really cool.
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

If you play with us on a premium with friends weekend you can always try out the primo maps for free and even when there is no premium with friends, we always do non-premium maps when a vanilla bro shows up on Friday.

Twitch Prime added a code for a golden lootbox in Overwatch, guaranteeing a legendary. 

Also, in future months, they're going to give out 10 standard boxes and they also said they're going to be giving out Hearthstone and Heroes goodies in the future.

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/overwatch

I wonder if this deserves its own thread since PS4 and XB1 can both get the box too.

Already posted this in the Japanese games thread, but I'll copy and paste it here as well:

For those interested it looks like VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- launched on Steam today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550080/VALKYRIE_DRIVE_BHIKKHUNI/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYA-VNeRypw

The game is apparently remastered in 1080p at 60FPS, with native support for higher resolutions like 4K.  Also if you already own Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus on Steam you should have received a 25% off coupon for the "Complete Edition" of Valkyrie Drive, dropping the subtotal to $26.99.

Already posted this in the Japanese games thread, but I'll copy and paste it here as well:

For those interested it looks like VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- launched on Steam today.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550080/VALKYRIE_DRIVE_BHIKKHUNI/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYA-VNeRypw

The game is apparently remastered in 1080p at 60FPS, with native support for higher resolutions like 4K. Also if you already own Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus on Steam you should have received a 25% off coupon for the "Complete Edition" of Valkyrie Drive, dropping the subtotal to $26.99.
So happy I still have it sealed for Vita -.-

One of the great hidden gems. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was developed by Obsidian.
Yep, Obsidian developed it.

Balancing (some skills are TOO weak and others are TOO strong) + the combat dealing w/ dice-rolls (i.e. it might hit or miss when you shoot someone) might be the game's biggest problems...

...But w/ so much choice/branching paths; and the usual Obsidian elements of great voice-acting, dialogue, and story - yeah, fans of that stuff should just bite the bullet.

At around $2 - it's a steal.

One of the great hidden gems. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was developed by Obsidian.
Yeah, it was a flawed gem that got a LOT of undue hate.

It had its issues and flaws, but one of the biggest reasons I kept hearing people hate on the game was cause of the combat system. I think people assumed it was going to be Mass Effect 2-like (action RPG), where in reality it was more RPG focused (need to level up pistols in order to have better accuracy for them for instance). Once I got the hang of the gameplay I ended up loving it.

It's got a mostly interesting story, some great characters and dialogues, and a fairly robust choice and consequence system. I also liked the fact that it takes place in modern day (instead of medieval fantasy or sci-fi), which was a nice change of pace. And who can forget this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAJV2va9V9A

Yeah, it was a flawed gem that got a LOT of undue hate.

It had its issues and flaws, but one of the biggest reasons I kept hearing people hate on the game was cause of the combat system. I think people assumed it was going to be Mass Effect 2-like (action RPG), where in reality it was more RPG focused (need to level up pistols in order to have better accuracy for them for instance). Once I got the hang of the gameplay I ended up loving it.

It's got a mostly interesting story, some great characters and dialogues, and a fairly robust choice and consequence system. I also liked the fact that it takes place in modern day (instead of medieval fantasy or sci-fi), which was a nice change of pace. And who can forget this:

["Turn Up The Radio" song by Autograph]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAJV2va9V9A
Yeah; especially in a post-ME2 world, a new game at that time like Alpha Protocol (yep, I dropped $30 upon release for AP b/c reviews hit it so hard and I was curious on a RPG at that price w/ that setting + developer, at that time not long after its release) w/ its old-school RPG-style shooter hybrid system (dice-rolls + need to sink points in skills to get good at them) wasn't a great idea.

Doesn't help that the game wasn't balanced, either. That "Execute + Shoot/Hit" skill, Machine Gun skills, and felt hand-to-hand combat just always felt WAY too powerful. Pistols felt too weak to me, even if you sunk points into that skill.

I think hybrid RPG/shooter games like Deus Ex 1, Mass Effect 1, Vampire: Bloodlines + Alpha Protocol, especially if played for a first time after playing ME2, might not be a good idea for anyone who...well, pretty much got spoiled by ME2's combat. Simplifying the RPG system(s) + improving the combat really did wonders for ME2, IMHO.

And that whole boss fight w/ Brayko - the music (Turn Up The Radio); the atmosphere; that whole level....yeah, that was awesome. Memorable as can be.

Pistols felt too weak to me, even if you sunk points into that skill.
Uh, pistols with the Chain Shot ability were incredibly OP in the game, especially if you were doing a stealthy playthrough. Not only could you instantly headshot multiple enemies at once (clearing out an entire room at times), but you could also stack those Chain Shots onto the same person and hit them multiple times (useful against some bosses).

Yeah; especially in a post-ME2 world, a new game at that time like Alpha Protocol (yep, I dropped $30 upon release for AP b/c reviews hit it so hard and I was curious on a RPG at that price w/ that setting + developer, at that time not long after its release) w/ its old-school RPG-style shooter hybrid system (dice-rolls + need to sink points in skills to get good at them) wasn't a great idea.

Doesn't help that the game wasn't balanced, either. That "Execute + Shoot/Hit" skill, Machine Gun skills, and felt hand-to-hand combat just always felt WAY too powerful. Pistols felt too weak to me, even if you sunk points into that skill.

I think hybrid RPG/shooter games like Deus Ex 1, Mass Effect 1, Vampire: Bloodlines + Alpha Protocol, especially if played for a first time after playing ME2, might not be a good idea for anyone who...well, pretty much got spoiled by ME2's combat. Simplifying the RPG system(s) + improving the combat really did wonders for ME2, IMHO.

And that whole boss fight w/ Brayko - the music (Turn Up The Radio); the atmosphere; that whole level....yeah, that was awesome. Memorable as can be.
I own the damn game on PC through Steam, Xbox 360, and PS3. One of these days, I need to get past the first mission. But less than $2 is a great deal especially if someone is low end gaming.

Uh, pistols with the Chain Shot ability were incredibly OP in the game, especially if you were doing a stealthy playthrough. Not only could you instantly headshot multiple enemies at once (clearing out an entire room at times), but you could also stack those Chain Shots onto the same person and hit them multiple times (useful against some bosses).
I mean the Pistols in general being weak, not the Chain Shot skill.

You could pump points in the skill itself + when used as a general weapon: it was weak.

But, yes "Chain Shot" (A Pistol-based skill) changes that, when you actually use that skill. You're right - you can clear rooms out + slaughter boss' health down fast w/ that skill.

Thanks for mentioning "Chain Shot". That's the name of "Mark + Execute/Hit" skill I referred to - couldn't think of its name.

SeasonalCAG System Meddler (There has to be a meeting for this like Alkaholiks Anonymous):

This one is for Murica Fox because I know you like LED/RGB bling on rigs. Also had to ditch my all white Glorious PC Gaming Race mat for a darker Corsair MM300 mat because it was a mofo trying to keep that thing clean.

wfAf52B.jpg

PS: Don't worry in a couple of days I can post more random shet because the Summer Sale will begin.

SeasonalCAG System Meddler (There has to be a meeting for this like Alkaholiks Anonymous):

This one is for Murica Fox because I know you like LED/RGB bling on rigs. Also had to ditch my all white Glorious PC Gaming Race mat for a darker Corsair MM300 mat because it was a mofo trying to keep that thing clean.

wfAf52B.jpg

PS: Don't worry in a couple of days I can post more random shet because the Summer Sale will begin.
Nice. That's the mat I have and I like it alot.

Also, RIP Prodigy (because I know you're a hed)

summer sale leak:

You have a new Sticker Pack!
You completed an activity:
Go to the Summer Sale Sticker Book to open 'em up, stick 'em down, and share with your friends!

I hope ya like virtual stickers

Yep, coming from 24'' you want a 29''. The 25'' is going to be wider, but shorter in terms of height and going to feel smaller than the 24''.

Is there a particular reason you were looking at the Lenovo? The specs, you want to get it at best buy, etc.?

If you don't need something right away or don't mind dealing with refurb or used you can sometimes score a 29'' ultrawide for around the same price range (mine was a used-like new Amazon Warehouse Deals buy at $172).

Edit:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-29-ips-lcd-hd-219-ultrawide-monitor/4922000.p?skuId=4922000#tab=buyingOptions?bof=openbox

That one is on clearance new for $226 but they might have an open-box fair for as low as $179 near you.

I bought a monitor (Acer 24'') open box from Best Buy and I was happy with it. Arrived in like new condition. Was missing part of the power cord, but got a $15 credit from CSR to cover ordering it so in the end was happy. It's always best if they have it near you so you can look at it and test it in store, but having the option to return to BB if you order online is also nice.
Sorry for the late reply. I saw the Lenovo in a Best Buy email and since I am in the market for a new monitor it caught my eye. I wasn't really considering ultrawides because I thought they would be too big but the PS3 3D monitor I have is only a couple of inches shorter so I will definitely look at them again. Unfortunately Best Buy is the only b&m "computer" store available in my area so I need to shop there or chance an online purchase.

Humble monthly prediction : Darkest Dungeon soon.  On sale now for $10 and just released a $10 DLC.  Of course, the main game only will be in the bundle.

Bro-night update:

Me, Spoder and Reds played PLAYERUNKNOWN'S NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans aka Sushi Fighter V

It was fun for a while, particularly for the opportunist among us. :bouncy:

But with the limited roster (where the fuck are the jellyfish) and with most species sucking compared to the OP barnacle and frog crab, we got bored relatively quickly.

We then moved onto Speedrunners (my first time playing) which was fun but triggered someone's PTSD as he had vivid Vietnam vet-esque flashbacks to his 25 hours of playtime, and we ultimately called it a night.

All in all, we learned two things. 1) Everyone sucks at picking games to play but me. and 2) Reds is a filthy commie who needs to buy a mic (and more games).

:mrgreen:

so any one hype for Steam sale on Thursday?
Not really. I'd be more hyped if that PayPal offer wasn't non-US.

I was lucky with the gem thing since I got Raiden III for cheap before it was bundled or discounted and then I sold two of its regular cards for $3 each. I'll never forget the story of how I made six dollars three years ago

I remember when the gems first debuted the marketplace got flooded with sacks of gems at like $.03 a pop or something crazy like that (due to a glitch being abused I believe).  I bought up a whole bunch and crafted a booster pack for every eligible game I had.  Then when Steam revoked those sacks of gems they still let us keep the booster packs we crafted with said gems.  Ended up turning a good profit on the cards I sold from those gem crafts.

so any one hype for Steam sale on Thursday?
Yeah, me. I always look at it as an opportunity to buy obscure (mostly indie) games that will probably never be bundled (hoping for Marlow Briggs for $1 this time) but I might finally add Fallout 3 and New Vegas to the PC backlog if they're less than $5 each. Played them to death on console, but I'd like to try both with mods.

According to the Steam Reddit, these sales get worse every year. I've only been PC gaming since 2015, so I don't know what I missed. But I found $20 in a parking lot recently, and I used that to buy a Steam card, so if I don't buy more than $20 worth of games, all my summer sale purchases will be free! ;)

Sorry for the late reply. I saw the Lenovo in a Best Buy email and since I am in the market for a new monitor it caught my eye. I wasn't really considering ultrawides because I thought they would be too big but the PS3 3D monitor I have is only a couple of inches shorter so I will definitely look at them again. Unfortunately Best Buy is the only b&m "computer" store available in my area so I need to shop there or chance an online purchase.
What's your budget and do you have an AMD or Nvidia card?

Looking at Best Buy they have:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-25-24-5-led-fhd-monitor-black/5823065.p?skuId=5823065

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/benq-zowie-rl-series-24-lcd-hd-monitor/5514012.p?skuId=5514012

The Zowie is a TN panel, but it's supposed to be really good for gaming. Not sure about the HP Omen, but it is HP's gaming brand.

Yeah, me. I always look at it as an opportunity to buy obscure (mostly indie) games that will probably never be bundled (hoping for Marlow Briggs for $1 this time) but I might finally add Fallout 3 and New Vegas to the PC backlog if they're less than $5 each. Played them to death on console, but I'd like to try both with mods.
if u r looking for FO3 and New Vegas, I suggest u get the GoG version instead of Steam. GoG version is the better version since it got fixed and works well on modern hardware. Steam version don't. Bestheda stops bothering with bug fixes a while ago and still leave the GFWL garbage in them

if u r looking for FO3 and New Vegas, I suggest u get the GoG version instead of Steam. GoG version is the better version since it got fixed and works well on modern hardware. Steam version don't. Bestheda stops bothering with bug fixes a while ago and still leave the GFWL garbage in them
Thanks. I've heard about all the cool stuff that you can do with the mods, so I might go that route.

Yeah, I never had any stability issues with New Vegas but FO3 famously has an issue where it doesn't play well with multicore processors.  Which, these days, would be all of them.  There's an .ini tweak that worked for me but doesn't work for everyone so I'd go the GOG route for that game at least if they have it actually fixed.

Depending on what you mean by morning, I can probably help you out if needed. There might be more than five of us that want to get it done anyway.
US morning, central time, pretty much 820 AM Central to a little after 12... If need be. I usually get off the PC to relax/watch TV around 11 at the latest. Fridays and Saturdays I have allot more free time.

bread's done
Back