Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Who cares if the sales are bad? It's not like any of you play games anyway.

Might as well just throw the game you kinda-maybe-don't-actually-want on your wishlist and pretend that's an extension of your library. Having a +1 on your wishlist is just as useful useless as a +1 in your library.

Gem(?) Plug!

75% off at only $3.74

Is a good pew pew platformer game reminiscent of Mega Man X, but with it's own unique twist on the gameplay. I didn't like it at first, but it quickly grew on me and I really need the sequel to hit steam now please. 

Steam Sale adjacent Question: Is this copy of Mafia III from macgamestore limited to Macs or because of steam, will run on a Windows box?  After all, a buck is a buck.

Considering Mafia 3 and Firewatch from the sale.  Maybe a couple of piddly shit games too.

Deus ex franchise worth picking up never played any of the games. I enjoy stealth games like hitman and MGS. I even preferred playing tomb raider stealth when ever possible is this series even comparable? Are they even good games. I see the complete your franchise pack is priced pretty decent for including such a new game

By the way, regarding that box game, why not use Garry's Mod instead of that (assuming that everyone owns it), this is because there is a gamemode in gmod called Prophunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRYb3QeDeo
That looks fun. I think most of us have that. I will check. Would be good to hold us over until the box game gets bundled.

Who cares if the sales are bad? It's not like any of you play games anyway.

Might as well just throw the game you kinda-maybe-don't-actually-want on your wishlist and pretend that's an extension of your library. Having a +1 on your wishlist is just as useful useless as a +1 in your library.
Well that's actually why we care so much that the sales suck. If we played our games we'd just be happy to buy our game and go play it. Most of us are here for the meta game of tracking down good deals which is precisely why bad sales bother us so much.

Is Blood and Bacon fun? Looks like an updated version of the xbox indie games I used to like. Thinking about buying a few copies.
The bros need to go back and finish that. Reds, Weiler and I almost finished the game but never went back to it. Really fun in short sessions and more than worth the asking price.

Gem(?) Plug!

75% off at only $3.74

Is a good pew pew platformer game reminiscent of Mega Man X, but with it's own unique twist on the gameplay. I didn't like it at first, but it quickly grew on me and I really need the sequel to hit steam now please.
The lack of Azure 2 being on Steam makes me think maybe I should just this this on Switch

I feel weird having Game 1 on Steam, but Game 2 isn't (Bayonetta/Gunvolt)

No, I didn't watch the show, I just read the books. Martin will probably never actually write another book now. . . .
Not quite the same considering their differences in ages but I thought the same thing about Dan Brown after the Da Vinci Code blew up... It took the Tom Hanks movies coming out but when they ran out of books to turn into movies he got back into writing... Oddly they skipped one of his new Langdon novels. (Or it could be that they just refuse to to follow the book order.)

Not quite the same considering their differences in ages but I thought the same thing about Dan Brown after the Da Vinci Code blew up... It took the Tom Hanks movies coming out but when they ran out of books to turn into movies he got back into writing... Oddly they skipped one of his new Langdon novels. (Or it could be that they just refuse to to follow the book order.)
Well, I'm not that much of a fan of the movies, so I have a feeling I wouldn't care for the books at all, but I doubt Dan Brown was ever going to actually stop writing those books. I think the first book was popular enough to keep him at it. Martin seems to have all but given up, because, well, it's not like he has to work at this point. I'm sure the HBO royalties and odd little offshoot book or vampire tale will keep him in roast pheasant with an orange glaze, seasoned potatoes, and pinot noir for the rest of his days.

Well I spent like 2 hours looking for good deals yesterday, put them in my cart for later. Logged in today and my cart is empty.

Thanks ObamaDog!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I may have found out a cheaty way to save some extra cash by exploiting the complete your bundle system. 

I haven't actually checked out with it yet as I am still deciding on what I want so YMMV it shows the adjusted price in cart I just don't know if  it fixes upon check out. 

EDIT: Guess steam is smarter than that fixes after you put in payment info. :/ dang too bad 

DUu2uIH.png

so here is the steps I took. 

CGyxIuU.png

Add all contents from the bundle you do not want to your cart separtly. 

uo5LESz.png

Now add bundle to cart. 

JH0gmDA.png

b74ejFG.png

Remove separate Items. 

dkKrYfg.png

Price in cart remains adjusted price of just the items you left in the bundle. 

Purchasing may be YMMV though worth a try.

Is Styx pretty much straight-up stealth...or you fail or die?

Dishonored series has all of those super-powers + guns, which when used by the player, that can really turn the game into a combat-fest for the player...instead of a sneak-a-thon.
Like I said, It's a lot closer to Thief 1/2 than dishonored is. To me it's the closest thing to the thief games i've played, just it's in third person and you do have some powers (similar to dishonored, but the difference is these powers are focused on enhancing stealth and aren't very useful for combat). If you get caught you can fight back (except for a few limited segments where if you're caught the mission is over, this is rare though) but if there's more than one guard you'll probably die. Really if you like Thief 1/2 you'll like this.

I'm debating buying Witcher 3 goty but it's hard to spend 25 bucks on a game...worth it?

Well, I'm not that much of a fan of the movies, so I have a feeling I wouldn't care for the books at all, but I doubt Dan Brown was ever going to actually stop writing those books. I think the first book was popular enough to keep him at it. Martin seems to have all but given up, because, well, it's not like he has to work at this point. I'm sure the HBO royalties and odd little offshoot book or vampire tale will keep him in roast pheasant with an orange glaze, seasoned potatoes, and pinot noir for the rest of his days.
Not to get too far off topic... but I've never seen any of the films as I hear they aren't very good. Anyhow till the Da Vinci Code released he he wrote 4 novels in 5 years and then didn't write a book for 6 years (2009), 4 Years (2013), and what is suppose to be another 4 years (2017) its just not released yet this year. I mean maybe he's slowing down because he has less to say, is trying to match Da Vinci Code and/or doesn't need the money I'm not sure but no denying his output is lower.

The Langdon novels are good but I would really like to see him move on to another character. Langdon isn't Indiana Jones, aka out looking for trouble, he's just a professor that finds trouble and... Well, I'm not sure how many times you can tell that story in a believable fashion. Anyhow, if your looking for a recommendation that doesn't have any religious/earthly controversy I can easily recommend what is likely my favorite book of his. Deception Point.

Anyhow PC game deals talk... Just got Dead Cells from Wingamestore, haven't done anything other than install it, but I did notice that WinGameStore is owned by eBay. Who would have guessed?

I bought a game! Although I bought a physical copy of dishonored 2 from EB games here in Australia cheaper than it was on steam, around $17USD

My brother and I are probably buying it. Working on Reds too.

Edit:
I should note the game was once on Chrono so there's a remote chance it gets added to the shop, but it was on chrono like a 2 pack so not entirely sure.
It's been cheaper on Chrono, so that makes me pass. 2 pack was the same price on Chrono as a single copy is now on steam

I'm debating buying Witcher 3 goty but it's hard to spend 25 bucks on a game...worth it?
I have W3 + Expansion Pass on GOG. Have played approx. 22 hours + 19 mins of it. Have not gotten to the DLC stuff. I don't think I've even come close to scratching much of the base-game's main quest, TBH.

But, so far...this game's great. Plot, premise, voice-acting, story, character-development - all seems top notch here. There are important decisions to make + these decisions will matter, just like in most Witcher games. Often, you won't see your results until hours later, in some shape or form - so, basically, you either be stuck w/ your decision or you might be crazy enough to actually reload a save from numerous hours ago!

A lot of my problems w/ recent open-world games - i.e. where are the meaty side-quests, like in the old days? - seem to NOT be here. And meaty side-quests don't seem to be far + few between, either. Sure, there are your collect-a-thons + MMO type quests (kill X enemies, go to these areas, collect X items, etc) - but that feels like it's also in addition to the meaty type of side-quests w/ decisions to make that we remember littered in older games when voice-acting wasn't a thing.

Combat's good here, but not great. It's not on Dark Souls' level of precision, difficulty, and the rewarding feel - but, it's still good. But, since everything else is so fantastic so far...I think combat being the weakest link here - in which combat is still good + solid here, mind you - it certainly ain't the end of the world; especially in a game that's being billed as a RPG.

Well I spent like 2 hours looking for good deals yesterday, put them in my cart for later. Logged in today and my cart is empty.

Thanks ObamaDog!
Yeah, I found out the hard way years ago that Steam does not keep your cart.

I have W3 + Expansion Pass on GOG.

But, so far...this game's great.
I'll just briefly second this. Spent ~150 hours on the base game + DLC. Best RPG I've played in a long time.

Gem(?) Plug!

75% off at only $3.74

Sold! And all I read outta that was "Mega Man X."

I just finished the expansions after playing the base game last year, think I put in around 170 hours total. If you like rpgs you will love W3, easily one of the best games (and series) I've ever played.

If you play on a harder difficulty it makes combat better as you actually have to use correct signs and oils to survive. The only negative I have about the game is that geralt turns like a boat which can be frustrating at times. Roach can also be finnicky at times but that never bothered me much.

I could be wrong and maybe its changed since last fall, but I remember reading last fall that paypal does not report anything but late payments beyond 90 days that are sold off for collections to the 3 major credit bureaus. Using paypal credit will not help your credit score at all. It does not report regularly like a credit card or personal loan does.
Ah, oh well. Most of it was stuff I was likely to buy anyways so at least can be irresponsible lazy and pay it in 5 months.

(yes, I know hard pulls aren't good for credit. The downside if it doesn't count but not much can do now anyways).

Man, I'm so glad I picked up as 1070 for $300 earlier this year. Prices for gpu's are completely  fuck right now.

I just sold a 4gb 480 for $350. 

Bros did the usual BFr1day tonight. A bit of a rough night. Never got to play the new night map. We were going to play it but there were a bunch of whiners complaining about the server

switched server, took some bros a whole match to get in, went south from there. Fox tried medic and then was sniping again, so obviously we lost bad.

As usual, the bitches quit before they turned into pumpkins at midnight. After we ditched the dead weight we won the next map handily.

Yeah the new mining craze is causing card prices to skyrocket, and some cards are nearly impossible to find at any price.  Makes me wish I had upgraded earlier this year.  Maybe it will die down before too long.

Yeah the new mining craze is causing card prices to skyrocket, and some cards are nearly impossible to find at any price. Makes me wish I had upgraded earlier this year. Maybe it will die down before too long.
I just find it as a good excuse to go big since that 1080 Ti is looking like a better bang for the buck purchase each day... (At least I think its not been effected yet.)

Yeah the 1080 cards haven't spiked that much.  Not sure why, but then I don't know what about the cards makes them good for the mining in the first place. 

Yeah the 1080 cards haven't spiked that much. Not sure why, but then I don't know what about the cards makes them good for the mining in the first place.
I think its a lack of efficiency on the 1080s... It cuts into the profit margin but you really need to be in a country with cheap energy to make it work... Which leaves me out in the cold.

Man, I'm so glad I picked up as 1070 for $300 earlier this year. Prices for gpu's are completely fuck right now.

I just sold a 4gb 480 for $350.
Tell me about it. I passed on 4GB RX480 for $150 several months ago but decided to hold off for a 8GB RX480 instead. I thought the 8GB RX480 would be less than $200 by summer time which is the price I'm willing to pay for one. Now, it's at least $300. WTF man.

I am not sure if it's b/c I was a TSW Owner; or b/c I participated in SWL Beta; or actually both - but check your e-mails (tied to your Funcom / TSW accounts).

Looks like they (Funcom) are firing off e-mails to some to start Secret World Legends a few days early (i.e NOW) before its official launch (on the 26th).

SeasonalCAG COD Broh Deal Alert:

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Digital Deluxe Edition $49.99 on Gamestop

If you got $10 off for Yeti cancellation and trade credit might be the best price. Steam has it for $64.99

Yes I bought it don't judge me.
CoD: IW MP was "meh". Tested it on a Free Weekend.

It's too much TitanFall-like for me (Wall-jumping, wall-running, not much ground on some levels which require all of that stuff + over-the-top level types) & not enough CoD for a CoD-labeled game.

I hope the SP Campaign is decent, though; since that could be the really only saving grace for that IW game, IMHO.

Don't know, ain't played it.

Still not a bad deal, since you do get everything - CoD IW + Season Pass & CoD4 MW Remaster.

CoD4 MW Original-version was amazing; still arguably the best game in this franchise. I hope the Remaster does it justice.

AMD > Nvidia for Eth mining. Could die at any point tho when they go ASIC.

Hence the increase in consumer prices for GPUs.

Usually mining is not GPU based but with Eth and Sia, it is. 1070s are the best nvidia card for it but AmDs are way better

CoD: IW MP was "meh". Tested it on a Free Weekend.

It's too much TitanFall-like for me (Wall-jumping, wall-running, not much ground on some levels which require all of that stuff + over-the-top level types) & not enough CoD for a CoD-labeled game.

I hope the SP Campaign is decent, though; since that could be the really only saving grace for that IW game, IMHO.

Don't know, ain't played it.

Still not a bad deal, since you do get everything - CoD IW + Season Pass & CoD4 MW Remaster.

CoD4 MW Original-version was amazing; still arguably the best game in this franchise. I hope the Remaster does it justice.
SeasonalCAG COD Educator:

Yeah you are right about MP on IW played the free weekend also and couldn't get into like BLOPS3. I heard the SP is good and have played every COD up to this point so I was going to get this at sometime anyways. MW remastered and IW SP was a nice bonus but they need to remastered the greatest COD which is MW2 after that everything went downhill.

SeasonalCAG COD Educator:

Yeah you are right about MP on IW played the free weekend also and couldn't get into like BLOPS3. I heard the SP is good and have played every COD up to this point so I was going to get this at sometime anyways. MW remastered and IW SP was a nice bonus but they need to remastered the greatest COD which is MW2 after that everything went downhill.
I'm so far behind on CoD.

I was in the middle of CoD Ghosts, where I liked the SP Campaign (what I played of it) but did not like the MP there at all. As usual, other games got in the way - should get back to that, at some point.

Hell, I also still have SP Campaigns for AW + BLOPS3 to play.

EDIT:

I loved MW1+2. Both of those are great. Those are probably the last true great CoD games, TBH.

Yeah, I did like BLOPS1+2 - but I don't think Treyarch has done anything on MW1+2's level. Don't get me wrong here, BLOPS 1+2 are still both pretty good, IMHO. It's just MW1+2 are just both landmark games in the franchise.

As great as Infinity Ward's COD1+UO & COD2 are - yeah, I was growing tired of WW2 around that time. Still, MOH:AA was the WW2 FPS that really spoke to me. MW1+2 was the breath of fresh air that military FPS's needed, at that time.

fuck that's a pretty good deal... but I should play the CoD a bought (again) on the PC before touching a new one... Even if it does have the Best CoD in that package.
Yeah, no crap. Getting decent discounts on CoD stuff can be far + few between, TBH.

Unfortunately, IW MP did nothing for me - too much like TFall 2 when not using Titans. I might as go play the much better Titanfall 1 or get around to finally buying TFall 2, TBH.

Besides gameplay-wise, I just wasn't also fond of IW MP's maps, even setting-wise. It was just...overly ridiculous for a CoD-labelled game. And that's even after CoD jumped the shark in the BLOPS Franchise w/ the futuristic stuff....and I was still somehow fine w/ that. I'd guess AW probably does more shark-jumping, too - but I doubt even AW can compare to how jarring the shark-jumping was on IW. IW MP's shark-jumping in every regard was just ridiculous.

Just a PSA for anyone who is considering using the Steam Link, Valve is pushing their Steam Controllers and have added an update to the Steam Link that makes it to where you have to go into your preferences in Steam on the PC and activate the Steam Links ability to use other controllers, and then you have to go into each game individually and turn off Steam Controller options, otherwise your right thumbstick won't work on any other controller.

AMD > Nvidia for Eth mining. Could die at any point tho when they go ASIC.

Hence the increase in consumer prices for GPUs.

Usually mining is not GPU based but with Eth and Sia, it is. 1070s are the best nvidia card for it but AmDs are way better
Yep, I'm waiting for both of those to go ASIC though AMD says it has mining GPUs on the way that'll be cheaper with gimped features (like no HDMI port, etc) but don't know when those are coming out and quite honestly I just think everything will continue to be sold out until the price drops for Eth or they switch to ASIC. Mining cards are also going to have very limited warranties due to miners running their cards ragged then reselling them while still under warranty and causing a lot of extra work for GPU companies to fix them.

I need all this to clear up in a year or two when I'll be in the market for a new card. I would probably stay away from used or even refurb GPUs for a good while too since you don't want to end up with a card that's been mined to death.

Bundestar's Star Deal:

Dead Age - $2.99 (Beats Steam price)

Survive the zombie apocalypse with a “Final Fantasy” turn-based combat and permanent death! Manage survivors, craft materials, and make difficult decisions. Defend your camp against hordes of the undead to prevail in this non-linear rogue-lite (comparable to FTL). Innovative Indie Survival-RPG!

Very well reviewed.  Head Up games, so will get bundled eventually. 

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/dead-age

Just a PSA for anyone who is considering using the Steam Link, Valve is pushing their Steam Controllers and have added an update to the Steam Link that makes it to where you have to go into your preferences in Steam on the PC and activate the Steam Links ability to use other controllers, and then you have to go into each game individually and turn off Steam Controller options, otherwise your right thumbstick won't work on any other controller.
Yeah, mine's actually mostly for show at this point, but that's some shady-as-sh*t moves on Valve's part.

Bundestar's Star Deal:

Dead Age - $2.99 (Beats Steam price)

Survive the zombie apocalypse with a “Final Fantasy” turn-based combat and permanent death!

Manage survivors, craft materials, and make difficult decisions.

Defend your camp against hordes of the undead to prevail in this non-linear rogue-lite (comparable to FTL). Innovative Indie Survival-RPG!

Very well reviewed. Head Up games, so will get bundled eventually.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/dead-age
Wow, this looks really cool + interesting. Thanks for pointing this one out.

EDIT:

Bundle Sacrifice made.

bread's done
Back