Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
That's what I was wondering... I think most of us have the base game by now.

I don't think I'm done buying but I feel the need to post now instead of later on a few things...

Dead Cells, Yup, its early access. I'm not sure how much I'll play till they get it done but its freaking truly amazing. Its got such an amazing Castlevania feel that the first thing I tried to do was to destroy the torches. I think the layout changed a bit with each death too but this might have just been me misremembering. If you want to go toss 11 bucks (WinGameStore.com) at a small worthy publisher I feel you could do much better than these guys.

Lastly, I got The Crew (the Ultimate pack is like 17 bucks and comes with the season pass and the expansions) and I have to say I like it too... I don't think its ever going to be remembered as a classic. I feel the driving simulation is a bit too far on the arcadey side for my liking but its been really solid. Its got an actual story that's like B movie bad in a good way... And, oh, fuck have I seen some pure awesomeness in the cut scenes.
Dead Cells, of what I've seen, looks really really good. Just not a Castlevania type game fan. The Crew is pretty fun, of what I had played of it. Got it through uPlay (I think free iirc?) so screwed on the DLC cheap unless I rebuy it on Steam. It's definetly arcadey, more in the vein of the NFS games. Especially towards Underground, primarily due to the story but yeah (actually, didn't Undercover have a fairly similar story?).

i think ive wishfully looked at both pirate games before, and the significant negative reviews have scared me off each time. Buggy old games become buggier with age, new hardware, new windoze, new directx. i really really want a good pirate game
Weiler, these are pirate games on the sea. Shiver me timbers and stuff. You're looking for a butt pirate game, you should ask Fox for his opinion on the best ones.

Played Steep for way too long last night, as someone who also liked Snow, I'm pretty bias but I think it's a fun game for just chilling and exploring mountains. Unless you are really into winter sports and/or virtual exploration and skiing/snowboarding/etc. probably not exactly worth $30-40 dollars. I am though, so happy with it. Oh, and the Ubisoft mechanic is at least pretty decent in this one, you use your binoculars to find drop spots and once you are within 1000m of them, you can unlock it. So it's just every so often, or at a new spot, etc. you whip them out and take a look around. 

As an FYI, think The Crew had the worst of the "Ubisoft mechanic," as I'm calling it. You, iirc, find towers around the game, drive up to them and wait a little and it unlocks all the stuff in that section of the map. Just felt a bit stupid and really shoehorned in.

AC4 is fun for as long as they let you play Pirates! instead of Assassin's Creed.  Spending ten minutes crouching in bushes following a couple guys is not good pirate fun.  Then there's this:

2c63ab82ef591757681040536dab90d5.jpg

It's weird to me that no one has really managed to capture and build on the simple premise of Pirates! that let me sink so many hours into it, both on the old C= 64 and then the newer PC version.  Hell, I even owned/played the old PC version after I graduated off my Commodore.  Pirates! is probably in the top three "hours spent" games in my lifetime.

Played Steep for way too long last night, as someone who also liked Snow, I'm pretty bias but I think it's a fun game for just chilling and exploring mountains. Unless you are really into winter sports and/or virtual exploration and skiing/snowboarding/etc. probably not exactly worth $30-40 dollars. I am though, so happy with it. Oh, and the Ubisoft mechanic is at least pretty decent in this one, you use your binoculars to find drop spots and once you are within 1000m of them, you can unlock it. So it's just every so often, or at a new spot, etc. you whip them out and take a look around.
Yea this is my opinion on it to a tee. Its a pretty game and great to chill out with, but the goals aren't enough to keep playing to achieve them. Its a bit too casual for regular consumption, but its really great at what it does.

It's weird to me that no one has really managed to capture and build on the simple premise of Pirates! that let me sink so many hours into it, both on the old C= 64 and then the newer PC version. Hell, I even owned/played the old PC version after I graduated off my Commodore. Pirates! is probably in the top three "hours spent" games in my lifetime.
I had it on C64, PC, then Steam, now iOS as well. So yea... and I could still play it. As long as I don't have to dance. I hate those dances.

AC4 is fun for as long as they let you play Pirates! instead of Assassin's Creed. Spending ten minutes crouching in bushes following a couple guys is not good pirate fun. Then there's this:

2c63ab82ef591757681040536dab90d5.jpg

It's weird to me that no one has really managed to capture and build on the simple premise of Pirates! that let me sink so many hours into it, both on the old C= 64 and then the newer PC version. Hell, I even owned/played the old PC version after I graduated off my Commodore. Pirates! is probably in the top three "hours spent" games in my lifetime.
This is the best Assassin's Creed Pirate Game ever!

Fixed that for him.

Even I, as a fan of AssCreed series, I loathe the "real world" parts. Initially (I started with AC2), I tolerated those segments for the story. After a bit, the "story" became so wack that I just wanted a "press <space> to skip" for those parts.

Also ACIV is a terribad AssCreed game. Great Pirate game. Bad AC game.

Are there any cheap games with good graphics someone could recommend. I haven't really pushed my 1070 since I got it. Been too busy playing Terraria. I was thinking about getting Ryse with my Gabe Bucks
How cheap we talking about?

For 20 bucks you can get the game that I think still has the best weather effects and one of the best environments in gaming... New York City.

TC's The Division

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/

I've dogged it allot in this thread but the first 50 hours is great. I don't even play it anymore but still spent 3.5 hours in it the last two weeks.

If you want you can even try it for free...

Yeah, mine's actually mostly for show at this point, but that's some shady-as-sh*t moves on Valve's part.
What a bunch of fucking douche-nozzles!
Pretty much my exact thoughts when I tried to get it set up for my wife to play The New Frontier last night. Layering it like that makes it just a little too obtuse to not be purposely annoying. fucking assholes. Not that it was hard to fix, but it was definitely totally unnecessary.

Are there any cheap games with good graphics someone could recommend. I haven't really pushed my 1070 since I got it. Been too busy playing Terraria. I was thinking about getting Ryse with my Gabe Bucks
Ryse probably isnt going to be much of a challenge for it, but it will give it a slight workout, more of a jog than a marathon. If you can swing it or are open to spending more, Rise of The Tomb Raider is considered a benchmark game by a lot of people these days. Witcher 3 as well, they're also good/great games. Ryse is nice looking enough, but its not the greatest gaming experience.

To really push the 10 series cards you need a newish game. But there are some older titles. The Metro Redux's may be a good cheap option for you (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44169/) as well as Doom 2016.

wat. Telltale gives steam keys for all games in their bundles.
Probably because of some agreement with Humble that forces them to do so. All their newer games are not sold as Steam keys anywhere else. Retail boxes contain Telltale keys. And they sure as hell won't give you a Steam key if you buy their games directly from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Telltale really big enough as a game company to be able to get away w/ that + pull that off?

They're not really a UbiSoft or EA, TBH.
Get away with it? Like its a crime? Their games, their choice. If its on HB, people are going to buy it. I don't even remember the last Telltale game to even be bundled and they've had a handful of very well received titles since the last time they bundled any of their titles.

Probably because of some agreement with Humble that forces them to do so. All their newer games are not sold as Steam keys anywhere else.
Actually no. On the Humble store you can choose between Steam keys and Telltale keys (you may even get both, I dunno), but I think its the only place. So I see the argument that its possible for Steam keys to be offered if they bundle again, I just dont think its a guarantee. It remains to be seen if they'll even bundle anything again. They've had a bunch of well received games since like 2012 (Walking Dead x3 titles, Wolf Among Us, Batman, Game of Thrones) and I don't think any of them have seen a bundle yet.

If they're bundling again, it stands to reason that they may try to use that to push people to their platform considering the price point of any bundle.

Is Telltale really big enough as a game company to be able to get away w/ that + pull that off?
They're not really a UbiSoft or EA, TBH.
No, they're not. No one uses Telltale's DRM to play their games and if they bundled through Humble with only Telltale keys they'd get a lot of shit for it. I guess they could pull it off on a lesser bundle site though

People would bitch but plenty would still buy.
Eh, same could be said for any humble bundle. Even the shitty software bundles make a decent profit, but Telltale wouldn't get much out of bundling without steam keys compared to the profit they'd make bundling with them. They're not like Uplay or Origin, no one uses their DRM to play games, and a bundle likely wouldn't change that. Don't know why we're talking about this anyway, they've never bundled (Humble) without steam keys before

Eh, same could be said for any humble bundle. Even the shitty software bundles make a decent profit, but Telltale wouldn't get much out of bundling without steam keys compared to the profit they'd make bundling with them. They're not like Uplay or Origin, no one uses their DRM to play games, and a bundle likely wouldn't change that. Don't know why we're talking about this anyway, they've never bundled (Humble) without steam keys before
And on top of that they haven't bundled shit in how many years now? This is a pointless discussion though.

Actually no. On the Humble store you can choose between Steam keys and Telltale keys (you may even get both, I dunno), but I think its the only place. So I see the argument that its possible for Steam keys to be offered if they bundle again, I just dont think its a guarantee. It remains to be seen if they'll even bundle anything again. They've had a bunch of well received games since like 2012 (Walking Dead x3 titles, Wolf Among Us, Batman, Game of Thrones) and I don't think any of them have seen a bundle yet.

If they're bundling again, it stands to reason that they may try to use that to push people to their platform considering the price point of any bundle.
Several of them were bundled a year ago.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/13/latest-humble-bundle-includes-144-worth-of-telltale-games

And then there was that Build a bundle from 2015 where a lot of us got many of their games at a huge discount.

What's the intrest in this Telltale pack anyhow? It has no Batman. No Batman no buy.
Its just Foxhack who wants it as far as I can tell.

Same here though. As soon as he mentioned it I looked to see if it had all the Walking Dead games Im missing and Batman to see if there was a good extra discount on it and no dice. Probably Batman is too new.

What's the intrest in this Telltale pack anyhow? It has no Batman. No Batman no buy.
It doesn't have it yet.

The last time I tried to get this bundle, they added Minecraft and Walking Dead Michonne, which drove up the price quite a bit. I figure I use my laundered card money to get this bundle, then next sale when they add Batman and GOTG, I can get them for a bit less.

Edit: I'm only missing Sam and Max Seasons 1+2, Minecraft, Tales of Monkey Island, and Walking Dead Michonne. So it would cost me $17 to get this as it is.

I'm tired of waiting for Telltale to run another bundle, and knowing them, it'll be a bunch of repeats.

Does hollow knight get any better? I like the art style and really like metroidvania but this feels more like dark souls. There's no sense of direction whatsoever, just a huge map

What will replace Steam? Or at least offer some real competition to Steam.

This has to be the worst sale yet so far especially when the Steam's summer sales are known to be the big one

What will replace Steam? Or at least offer some real competition to Steam.

This has to be the worst sale yet so far especially when the Steam's summer sales are known to be the big one
W10 Store, Origin and GOG Galaxy? are honestly the only competitors at this point. Any indie-game only platform isn't going to attract the crowds Steam does, I can't see Battle.net branching into non-Acti/Blizz games and Uplay sucks and has already bent over in a way to Steam.

Of course W10 Store still has a lot to be desired, Origin doesn't have a big enough game selection or the built-in userbase the W10 Store does and too many people aren't big on the DRM-free shit.

Okay, think Im done with this sale.

-Darkest Dungeon (your welcome for the soontobe bundled)

-Salt and Sanctuary (already have on plebsole, but want it on leSteam)

-Metro Redux Bundle

-Monster Monpiece

-Hyperdevotion Noire

-Hollow Knight

I guess I may wind up grabbing TWD Season 2 before the sale ends. I'd kind of rather have it on (forgive me for this) console, simply because graphics don't mean shit in it and it's more of a sit back with a controller kind of game in my opinion anyways, but the cheapest option wins regardless.

W10 Store, Origin and GOG Galaxy? are honestly the only competitors at this point.
Origin and GOG aren't really competitors in the true sense. Origin is basically just EA's uPlay, but its a better service than uPlay. GOG caters to a customer who wants a specific type of situation without DRM.

I think the only way W10 Store could ever put a dent into Steam's market share at this point is if they get the major publishers to sign exclusivity deals. Microsoft treating PC as a secondary platform shows they're not really interested.

I think it would take something revolutionary to dethrone Steam. It could possibly happen at some point, espc since Valve's customer service is the absolute shits, but there's nothing out there now that's making even small nicks in Steam's armor. As technology advances, its clear cloud gaming is in the near future, a Netflix like gaming service could be something that hits Steam hard. The same way things like Spotify and even Pandora and Youtube have hit iTunes and such. Until the technology is reliable though, its niche.

I guess I may wind up grabbing TWD Season 2 before the sale ends. I'd kind of rather have it on (forgive me for this) console, simply because graphics don't mean shit in it and it's more of a sit back with a controller kind of game in my opinion anyways, but the cheapest option wins regardless.
You mean to tell me...you don't have a controller that works for the PC, in this era? Especially w/ more console-to-PC ports than ever before, you don't have a controller for the PC?

My old USB-wired X360 controller still works perfectly fine here on the PC.

While "graphics don't mean shit" to you - yeah, I think it probably is much easier to run games at above-1080p here on PC at say 1440p or 4K, provided you have the hardware that can handle any of that. If you have the hardware - why even go w/ console versions?

I'm sorry - but resolution + graphics can & should matter, IMHO.

And since this is a Telltale game - this should be easier on the PC to be able to go above what consoles can do here w/ a better resolution than 1080p, when compared to most modern-day games that can be intensive as can be; especially when trying to run a Telltale game vs. some other open-world + seamless world games... so yeah, Telltale games on PC should be much easier to run at 1440p or 4K here.

Okay, think Im done with this sale.

-Darkest Dungeon (your welcome for the soontobe bundled)

-Salt and Sanctuary (already have on plebsole, but want it on leSteam)

-Metro Redux Bundle

-Monster Monpiece

-Hyperdevotion Noire

-Hollow Knight
I finally got around to starting Metro recently. So good.

bread's done
Back