Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
They are now after reading that post.

Maybe TrumpCat's only experience with Twin Peaks music is James' song. Because then I can understand where he's coming from.
He says hes only watched the pilot. Considering he thinks taking a Trump related pseudonym to be entertaining, I'm just going on the premise that he has taste in his mouth only.

James singing is what you hear upon entering hell. Although its ok as instrumental.

The Pink Room from FWWM is one of the dirtiest tracks Ive ever heard, but I also picture Sheryl Lee dancing topless during it, so I imagine that plays into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxlGtcW1Qg8

Last edited by a moderator:
He says hes only watched the pilot.
Hey, I'm trying to give him an easy out here.

It really is one of the worst things you can criticize Twin Peaks for. Storytelling? Sure, it can be pretty damn obtuse and not for everyone. The acting? Extremely cheesy, which is surely intentional but I can see how it rubs people the wrong way. But the music is flawless. Laura's theme is so simultaneously beautiful and haunting.

Lol, so you quit watching after a pilot episode and then claimed the entire thing is terrible? GG.
Ok, so let me get this straight ... the pilot episode is terrible ... and half of the second season is terrible ... but other than that it's an amazing show?

Sounds legit.

It really is one of the worst things you can criticize Twin Peaks for. Storytelling? Sure, it can be pretty damn obtuse and not for everyone. The acting? Extremely cheesy, which is surely intentional but I can see how it rubs people the wrong way. But the music is flawless. Laura's theme is so simultaneously beautiful and haunting.
I love the entire score. The theme, everything Julee Cruise, I even picked this up a few years ago which has all the bits and bobs and different versions of the pieces with different instrumentation etc. I also think its perfectly fine to dislike the music, but writing it off as "terrible" is just silly.

Ok, so let me get this straight ... the pilot episode is terrible ... and half of the second season is terrible ... but other than that it's an amazing show?

Sounds legit.
Well the pilot is great, but everything else you said is spot on. Glad that we're all on the same page now :D

Is the acting intentionally cheesy? Or is it just bad and that's as good as the actors could act? Have any of the actors ever delivered better performances in anything else? I don't remember any of the actors in it ever wowing me in anything else ...

Other than the theme tune, the music is god awful, if THAT'S intentional then congratulations, the music succeeded in being god awful. Well done.

Is the acting intentionally cheesy? Or is it just bad and that's as good as the actors could act? Have any of the actors ever delivered better performances in anything else? I don't remember any of the actors in it ever wowing me in anything else ...
I actually still can't tell if James Marshall as James Hurley is an intentionally exaggerated version of the cliche "bad ass biker with a heart of gold", or if he's just really limited as an actor. Probably the latter. But just about everyone else is great in their roles IMO. Sheryl Lee was great in FWWM. Lara Flynn Boyle was terrific throughout. Too bad she ended up being crazy and was a big reason for some of the garbage we got in season 2.

Its a soap opera you goof lol its not supposed to be the pinnacle of acting prowess. If thats what you want, go watch Downton Abbey or some other highbrow drama. It was also produced almost 30 years ago now when dramatic television did not have the same production values or emphasis on certain areas creatively that it does now, and a lot of what goes on now is largely because of Twin Peaks, from location shoots, to tonality, to even the way things are shot. How do you think its survived in the pop culture pantheon for almost 3 decades?

And if you don't think Kyle MacLachlan and Ray Wise are capable actors and do a fantastic job particularly in this series, I think you're crazy.

Yes we all know the funny animation memes but how is the gameplay/story and is it worth it
Story sucks...
slightly less than the Chicago Bears.....

giphy.gif

I actually still can't tell if James Marshall as James Hurley is an intentionally exaggerated version of the cliche "bad ass biker with a heart of gold", or if he's just really limited as an actor. Probably the latter. But just about everyone else is great in their roles IMO. Sherilynn Fenn was great in FWWM. Lara Flynn Boyle was terrific throughout. Too bad she ended up being crazy and was a big reason for some of the garbage we got in season 2.
James Marshall is the weak link in the entire series. He's the biggest sissy character ever. I was rooting for him when I was younger, but now I wish Bobby just kicked his ass and got him done and over with.

Ray Wise is a great actor and has one of the GOAT reaction scenes in all of cinema. From the pinnacle of sci fi action, I bring to you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8mkHUsiXY

Its a soap opera you goof lol its not supposed to be the pinnacle of acting prowess. If thats what you want, go watch Downton Abbey or some other highbrow drama. It was also produced almost 30 years ago now when dramatic television did not have the same production values or emphasis on certain areas creatively that it does now ...
So you're saying that anyone watching it now, having never watched it before, would probably think it's shite. You're right, they do.

And if you don't think Kyle MacLachlan and Ray Wise are capable actors and do a fantastic job particularly in this series, I think you're crazy.
I have no idea who Ray Wise is, so that probably says a lot about his acting talent. I do however know who Kyle MacLachlan is, he's one of the most limited, wooden and generally terrible actors I've ever seen. Whenever I see him on anything I wish they'd cast someone, ANYONE else. Even Ray Wise, whoever he is.

I love weird movies and TV shows.

Twin Peaks was just shite. Very poor acting, terrible music, it was painfully boring to watch. Maybe it picks up in the second episode? I will never know because there are much better shows to spend my time watching. :speaktothehand:
maybe ur taste is shite.

It has a 8.9 rating on IMDB, the 45th best rated television show of all time, an aggregate rating by 126k people who are mostly adult dudes on the internet. It also has 94% on rotten tomatoes. so yup it's your poor taste lol

plebes like you ought to learn the difference between "It was terrible/shit" and "I didn't like it".

There seems to be some sort of event happening on Steam, although the client won't work for me after this shitty Windows 10 Creators Update. "Could not connect to Steam network" pls.

This is what happens when Steam takes the wind out of our sails sales. 

I'm sure glad we get eight and a half more days of this. Thanks GabeN.

Is there a reason why certain bundles on steam only allow you to buy them as a gift?

I'll list a few bundles that I've noticed this on below. In all of those cases, I own one or more of the games in the bundle. When I hover the cursor over the "purchase as gift" button, I get a message like this "This offer is only available when buying all items at the same time. You may still purchase this bundle as a gift for a friend". So if you don't own at least one item in any of these bundles, you likely won't see the "purchase as a gift" option.

Telltale Everything Walking Dead Bundle

Dead Rising Triple Pack

Sunless Sea + Zubmariner bundle

Nickervision Studios Arcade Bundle

What's the point of a bundle that forces you to buy the whole package? If you're gonna do that, why not just make it a regular subscription package? Am I missing something here?

In honor of Twin Peaks I am going to throw rocks at a bottle.  I am going to say the name of a game on Steam and if my rock hits the bottle, I will buy that game.  

Is there a reason why certain bundles on steam only allow you to buy them as a gift?

I'll list a few bundles that I've noticed this on below. In all of those cases, I own one or more of the games in the bundle. When I hover the cursor over the "purchase as gift" button, I get a message like this "This offer is only available when buying all <insert number of games in bundle here> items at the same time. You may still purchase this bundle as a gift for a friend". So if you don't own at least one item in any of these bundles, you likely won't see the "purchase as a gift" option.

Dead Rising Triple Pack

What's the point of a bundle that forces you to buy the whole package? If you're gonna do that, why not just make it a regular subscription package? Am I missing something here?
Dev's and/or publishers only care about making money.

For consumers who already own some of it - they are are hoping even if you own some of these games, you still buy the pack for what you're missing IF that's still a better deal than buying the rest that you need solo.

Also, if it's a good deal and you own NOTHING - well, these are the people they really are trying to get to buy these packs, TBH.

Amazon is cashing in on Steam Sale:

6qT1Hit.png

I'll list a few bundles that I've noticed this on below. In all of those cases, I own one or more of the games in the bundle. When I hover the cursor over the "purchase as gift" button, I get a message like this "This offer is only available when buying all <insert number of games in bundle here> items at the same time. You may still purchase this bundle as a gift for a friend". So if you don't own at least one item in any of these bundles, you likely won't see the "purchase as a gift" option.

Dead Rising Triple Pack

Because it's easier for publishers to maintain with less packages.

Of course before inventory gifts was removed, this wasn't as much of an issue, as you'd get extra copies.

I can't believe I slept all night when I could have been up listening to a bunch a NERDS argue about David Lynch.  I thought David Lynch was the epitome of polarizing so mixed reactions shouldn't be a surprise.  I really love Mulholland Drive, but never saw Twin Peaks.  

I can't believe I slept all night when I could have been up listening to a bunch a NERDS argue about David Lynch. I thought David Lynch was the epitome of polarizing so mixed reactions shouldn't be a surprise. I really love Mulholland Drive, but never saw Twin Peaks.
It's not like we're gonna talk about the great Steam deals....

Come on CAG, crank it up a notch....

• What about VRAMs?????
  • Domino's Pizza????
  • DRM????
  • Hard Drive Space Usage of games????
Yeah, maybe awkward silence would be better....

GMG just emailed me a 50% off pre-order coupon for Aporia, which is a GMG published walking simulator.  GMG has mixed results in the games they have published and this is sure to be like .49 in a Halloween "mystery" bundle at some point, but I like walking simulators so I won't lie, I'm still tempted.

Also, they have 2Dark for $8.50 which is cheaper than the Steam sale.  What is 2Dark?  Well, don't let the graphics fool you, it's actually a "stealth adventure" game by the creator of Alone in the Dark, which is why it was on my radar.  Mostly Positive reviews on Steam.  

GMG just emailed me a 50% off pre-order coupon for Aporia, which is a GMG published walking simulator. GMG has mixed results in the games they have published and this is sure to be like .49 in a Halloween "mystery" bundle at some point, but I like walking simulators so I won't lie, I'm still tempted.

Also, they have 2Dark for $8.50 which is cheaper than the Steam sale. What is 2Dark? Well, don't let the graphics fool you, it's actually a "stealth adventure" game by the creator of Alone in the Dark, which is why it was on my radar. Mostly Positive reviews on Steam.
I like how this is in the email: "We are so confident that you will enjoy playing this game, we are giving you a limited time 50% discount."

That means the opposite, if they're discounting it that much before it releases it means they have no faith in this game being good and it'll sell like shit lol

Picked up For Honor for the hell of it as the Nvidia codes are plummeting in value with the "expiration date" in 3 days. I claimed Destiny 2 when I got my new GPU so wanted to see if it would let me claim a different promotion and it did. Was 4 keys for the code, which is the equivalent of about $8. It was an EU code so had to use a VPN for redemption only and that went fine. Glad to be back in the Nvidia promo game.

Also, when the Destiny 2 codes start going down in value, its possible for someone with a non-10 series GPU to get it but your seller will have to claim it for you as long as they have a 10 series card (you have to provide a GeForce login). Theres a few sellers offering this service Ive noticed, so YMMV. I dunno if this will be possible with future promotions. Look on Steamtrades.

Hoping for a fall Ubi one with the new AC and FC.

Picked up For Honor for the hell of it as the Nvidia codes are plummeting in value with the "expiration date" in 3 days. I claimed Destiny 2 when I got my new GPU so wanted to see if it would let me claim a different promotion and it did. Was 4 keys for the code, which is the equivalent of about $8. It was an EU code so had to use a VPN for redemption only and that went fine. Glad to be back in the Nvidia promo game.

Also, when the Destiny 2 codes start going down in value, its possible for someone with a non-10 series GPU to get it but your seller will have to claim it for you as long as they have a 10 series card (you have to provide a GeForce login). Theres a few sellers offering this service Ive noticed, so YMMV. I dunno if this will be possible with future promotions. Look on Steamtrades.

So does that mean it just spits out a code for you to use on battle.net?

I would sort of be shocked if you didn't have to login to battle.net as I'm pretty sure the Gears of War 4 codes did require it.

Does anyone who has the game know how far West you can go in American Truck Simulator? (Like have they started adding additional states yet?)

Edit: Meant east.

Does anyone who has the game know how far West you can go in American Truck Simulator? (Like have they started adding additional states yet?)
You get California, Nevada, and Arizona (free dlc) for now. They're currently working on New Mexico, but I'm not sure if they've actually given a release date for it.

So does that mean it just spits out a code for you to use on battle.net?
No. It just doesnt need the initial region check like uPlay.

So basically the seller logs in to your GeForce Experience, claims the code for the hardware check and then logs out. Then you log back in and go to the redeem section in GeForce Experience and then log into Battle.net. Its basically two redemptions. One to GeForce and then Battle.net.

You get California, Nevada, and Arizona (free dlc) for now. They're currently working on New Mexico, but I'm not sure if they've actually given a release date for it.
Good god! The interstate system is going to be a decaying relic by the time they get to Missouri let alone the east coast.

Picked up For Honor for the hell of it as the Nvidia codes are plummeting in value with the "expiration date" in 3 days.

ewwwwe. y? if you did it blind i wouldnt give you much shit, but the bros played that crap more than once, and the last time we all parallax quit that junk.

Well, how much further West are you expecting to go in American Truck Simulator? West of California is the Pacific Ocean, so unless it's a Transformers simulator, I think that's it.

Strongly recommend Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart if you're new to Lynch. Watchable, weird, but not incomprehensible by any means. Start here and then go from there.
I don't know; Blue Velvet made about as much sense as The Maltese Falcon, which is to say. . . not that much.

bread's done
Back