Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yep, I understand the achievement hunters, but I doubt they'd be turned on by a game that's just like "HERE'S 7000 ACHIEVEMENTS!"

I saw a game the other day whose main selling point was 7000 achievements and I thought, wow, great job at trying to vet the games on your service.

It's weird, but I assume these types of games appeal to the hoarder who is ashamed so they want to give the illusion they play their games by getting 7000 achievements and making their achievement count on Steam look higher.
You must not talk to Auburn much then. He buys games if they have easy achievements, especially shit that has a lot of easy ones.

Apparently there's plenty of people like him

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I understand the achievement hunters, but I doubt they'd be turned on by a game that's just like "HERE'S 7000 ACHIEVEMENTS!"

I saw a game the other day whose main selling point was 7000 achievements and I thought, wow, great job at trying to vet the games on your service.

It's weird, but I assume these types of games appeal to the hoarder who is ashamed so they want to give the illusion they play their games by getting 7000 achievements and making their achievement count on Steam look higher.
I KNO, RIGHT????????

Mr1xPA9tSJW1KtvQcnrGNQ.png

It's bizarre to me that anyone really cares about achievements.

Some people are just weird.
That's a real easy view to have on PC. No one cares about Uplay or Origin in general and on Steam it's easy to see how they were an after thought/late edition. But on console they are so integrated that you do eventually care. It's one of the first things people see on your profile.

Honestly, MS really tapped into something. I use to care but as the years on PC have gone by I rarely do care about achievements.

I like to think this was our Motoki and he abandoned us to make car ride videos with his mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElKxCvEHITs

It's bizarre to me that anyone really cares about achievements. I have never once saw someone else's achievement and thought "Wow, I'm really impressed" or even "Wow, I moderately care". But even if I don't really "get it", I can at least understand, theoretically, the mindset behind "I'm going to try for this goal" when it comes to rare achievements or ones indicating particular skill. But what's the point of these games that are just achievement farms so your feed can say "Syntax Error got this, this, that, this +133" ?

Some people are just weird.
You have no idea...

:whistle2:
you probably don't want to know how weird I am in real life. :shock:

Seriously, Steam was pretty crafty coming up with the badge and card system where they could monetize through transaction charges the need to achieve.

Is anyone sad that PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS isn't discounted during the Summer sale? 

Worry no more. Here's a 25% off code to use over at GMG lowering the price to $22.49.

V6HP61-MI3W6U-IPDOBK (only good for 3 uses)

EDIT: That's SIX opportunities between Master Miguel and myself!

Don't sweat it. Even if they do just send them an email. They will unlock it. I got my account locked and unlocked buying from Russia at least 3 times before deciding it wasn't worth the effort.
It took about an hour and a half by the looks of things. I got the key and it activated fine.

What's weird is that the confirmation link appeared to want to send me to the Russian GamersGate storefront instead of the Latin America or US one... seems suspicious.

I actually bought some stuff this sale.

I doubt I'll play any of it before it's bundled (again) or cheaper though.

Shenzen I/O via complete the Zachtronics bundle which made it $9

Hollow Knight

Metro Redux collection

Shadwen

EDIT: I kept switching around Metro, A Hole New World, and valve complete (would've had a couple CS, DoD:S, and L4D1).  But finally settled on Metro.

Debating on pulling the trigger on The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass. 50% off is ok, but I haven't even started the base game so I'm obviously in no hurry to backlog the expansions. Will probably wait until >50% off. Considering I'd have to get gabenbucks by trading in Tremor coins, I feel like I can wait for a while.

Debating on pulling the trigger on The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass. 50% off is ok, but I haven't even started the base game so I'm obviously in no hurry to backlog the expansions. Will probably wait until >50% off. Considering I'd have to get gabenbucks by trading in Tremor coins, I feel like I can wait for a while.
Yes, if you haven't started the base game you can wait for at least the next seasonal sale, but if you plan to start within the next 3-4 months, I'd say, pull the trigger for two reasons: 1) the expansions are great and well worth the time, and 2) after you put the base game away for a while, you probably won't want to jump back in to do some long expansion packs (unless you're not at all like me).

I know that Witcher 3 DLC is a different story, but buying DLCs for games that you haven't even started yet is a sucker's bet. It'll only get cheaper (or bundled) later on down the road.

Also inb4 spoder "y u noe buy dlc that one time it went on sale and then never went on sale again!1!11121!"

That's the dilemma we all have. Logically, it makes sense not to buy the dlc yet, but then you get the itch to buy something and then you want it to be something you're likely to play. Then you run the scenario in your head of what if you start playing the base game and really like it and want the dlc and then can't find it on sale. So we all now the correct answer is skip it for now, but we've all been guilty of doing the same so it's not the end of the world if you do.

Garry Newman posted the Steam refund stats for Rust on Twitter. Apparently they've had 329,970 refunds that total over $4.38 million, and that's just 6% of sales. 

Some new format giveaway for Shroud of the Avatar on alienware.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1747881

I guess they give out keys later somehow based on your level... :/

EDIT:

So to feel less bad about spending my gabenbucks, I played some Shenzen and Hollow

After a half hour of Shenzen I remembered how much I liked and hated the Zachtronics games.

After about 20 minutes of Hollow Knight I thought I really need to start using a controller for some games.

After about 20 minutes of Hollow Knight I thought I really need to start using a controller for some games.
I can't even imagine playing a game like this without a controller. The jumps take nuance which is hard to do KB/m. I'd not even attempt something like Super Meat Boy or even Hotline Miami without one.

I'd also argue that having a controller available in your peripheral stash is an absolute must these days at the very least. You can get fairly good ones that are great for the PC at very affordable prices. 360 is arguably the gold standard, but something like a Logitech F310 is fine if you're not using it for many games and are looking for the cheapest at some sort of quality. You can get a 360 wired around that MSRP, but the Logitech I see onsale all the time for like half price depending on where you look. The PS4 controllers are finally to a level where they're even an option.

I have dozens of different controllers.  I just never found it necessary.  I could probably handle Hollow on keyboard if I adjusted the controls a bit so it matched Shovel Knight.  I didn't have a problem with playing that with keyboard.  I may dust off some controller though.

Anybody looking to get a quick achievement to unlock a sticker pack, you should give Chip a try. You just need to complete the first level. Which should only take two or three seconds. From the point that you launch the game, to the point you close out the game, takes about 20-30 seconds.

It was given away by Indie Gala a while back, so I assume most people here have it.

Anybody looking to get a quick achievement to unlock a sticker pack, you should give Chip a try. You just need to complete the first level. Which should only take two or three seconds. From the point that you launch the game, to the point you close out the game, takes about 20-30 seconds.

It was given away by Indie Gala a while back, so I assume most people here have it.
Another option is Pinball Arcade. Sas and I both got the High Score achievement for the Dr. Who table (from season 6, which neither of us own) just for opening up the game.

River City Super Sports Challenge also has a super easy achievement: Just create a custom character from the main menu. Save. Achievement.

(Thanks indef)

That's the dilemma we all have. Logically, it makes sense not to buy the dlc yet, but then you get the itch to buy something and then you want it to be something you're likely to play. Then you run the scenario in your head of what if you start playing the base game and really like it and want the dlc and then can't find it on sale. So we all now the correct answer is skip it for now, but we've all been guilty of doing the same so it's not the end of the world if you do.
Happy Birthday cheapass fox.

Darn autocorrect, cheapest.

So, no purchases yet for this late to the party semi-seasonal CAG.  But I'm looking at Divinity Original Sin.  Damn thing hasn't gotten cheaper with time, looks about as cheap as its been.

Unless you plan to play the witcher 3 in the next 4 months that'd be a really dumb idea, it might be cheaper black friday. unless you're just desperate to spend money on something this sale

Here's a free pro tip for the first boss in Hollow Knight.  Probably not really a spoiler, but I'm paranoid about spoilers.

When the boss falls through the floor, follow him down instead of breaking through the gate on the left.

I had to beat him twice because I couldn't get to him again without going the long way around (outside the boss room) and by then he had respawned.

I really don't understand why that gate becomes breakable at the end of the battle...

Easy free-to-play achievements

• Zaccaria Pinball - anything with Time Machine table, arcade/sim modes but also Challenge, Checkpoint, Lamp Hunter, Target Eliminator
  • Dead or Alive 5 - change background music, display move list, display move details, play versus mode, save a replay, finish arcade/time attack/survival once (with separate ones for single and tag)
  • The Plan - hold up arrow for like five minutes

bread's done
Back