Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Think I'm finally done with the sale, so posting my haul. A few things I was happy to get. A few things I didn't expect to get. Overall, eh. I always spend more than I think I will, but card money built up over months and a $20 Gaben card, so dont really care that much.

DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark

Seraph

Everspace - I bit on this even though I told myself I wasn't going to. If it doesn't blow me away I'm refunding it.  Refunded.

Streets of Fury EX - Outstanding beat em up and only $2. No online multi though. Bastards.

Lara Croft GO

OmniBus - This is destined for a bundle, but was in a Devolver pack and the only thing I needed so it was like $0.60.

Mankind Divided Season Pass

Witcher 3 Expansion Pass

Dishonored 2

NBA Playgrounds

Was tempted by Nier, but couldn't do it. That's already my #1 target for Fall/Winter. I may still get it since I refunded Everspace, but the constant back and forth is annoying. I miss the day of Steam sales being all "hell yeah Im getting it" and not looking back lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my steam summer sale pick up, bought more than I would like to admit. 

• Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Complete Edition - $6.52 
  • OddBoxx - $ 3.53 
  • Completed Eidos Anthology -  $25.35
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe -  $17.11
  • Dying light Enanced Edition - $26.10
  • The Long Dark - $15.22 
  • Transistor - $3.25 
  • Resident Evil 6 complete - $9.13
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - $8.15 
  • Resident Evil 4 - $6.35
  • Age of Empires Legacy Bundle - $21.50
Total Cost: $142.21

Total Games: 25

Total DLC: 59

Number crunching: 

I removed any game that came as a whole package without a split cost for DLC and Game, this included Odd world New & tasty, Dying light, Resident Evil 6 Complete, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition. 

The Adjust totals are 

Total Games: 21 Game Cost: $70.90 Cost per Game: $3.38

Total DLC: 31 DLC Cost: $25.86 Cost Per DLC: $0.84

I definitely didn't mean to shrug it off. I checked the GS thread and saw it was pretty big returns in relatively small amount of trips, granted you luck out and find the games with the high trade in value at different stores to buy, trade in, etc.

Personally, I'm just lazy. GS around here aren't super close. Like 20-30 minutes in opposite directions, which isn't bad. Best Buys are even scarcer. And then being the lazy PC guy I've become, I'm just not super motivated to do it. At best, I'd end up with a cheap Switch and PS4, but the Switch has nothing I want to play right now and the PS4 has 1 game I want to play.

I always tell myself I'm going to do one of these GS flip things one day, but then when it comes around I just can't really get myself to leave the house.
I can't speak for anybody else here but since I avoid Gamestop like the plague I know nothing about trade-in values or GS credit or anything like that and would have no clue how to go about doing something like this even if I wanted to. It might be an easy way to get a Switch or Gabenbux for people who actually use Gamestop regularly but even though I game on various platforms (well backlog on them is more honest) I have never traded in a game in my life and as stated, have not been inside of a Gamestop in a very, very long time.

And as far as things I already have, the only newish game I have that I would let go of is Until Dawn since I have played it and it is about to be free anyway, the rest of my unwanted games are random PS3, Xbox and PS2 games that I doubt are worth crap in the first place. If I tried to do this I'd probably end up losing money instead of gaining. ::shrug::

As for the sale, I have bought more than a few games and still have card money so I might buy more before it ends, particularly maybe some dlc for games I have. Most of the games I am interested in like Berserk are too expensive to backlog even with card money. I thought about the Valve complete pack for CS:GO but at this point I doubt I would get around to playing it at all since there are so many newer shooters anyway.

I think I was more excited about my GoG haul and it was all ancient crap. lol

Thanks Steam.

2ev6qsp.png

Not much for me this time:

• Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
  • The Bug Butcher
  • 99 Vidas
  • Handsome Mr. Frog
  • Pharaoh Rebirth+
  • BLUE REVOLVER
  • Commander Keen Complete Pack
  • Wolf Pack
Total $22.22, I felt that was a good number to stop at (plus there's Fire Pro Wrestling next week)

I'm a big Batman nerd, so I'm always interested in Batman stories. Hey, I'm the guy who watched the theatrical version of Batman v. Superman and the extended version back-to-back to see the differences.
Meh, I didn't care much for Batman v. Superman. Affleck is a pretty good Bruce Wayne, but was a horrible Batman. Also, that movie was too damn long for its own good.

I did like the first two Tim Burton Batman movies + of course Nolan's 3 Batman movies.

How would that work? Local bronight? We all go to your mom's house?
Time to gather at spoder's private beach in Virginia. I will gather with you via the submarine cable that is connecting spain with spoder's private beach this year.

Absolute scumbagery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dQyHlO1g-8
We must thank Carlmundo for the -1. He tricked all us in his trap.

Carlmundo, Lord of Southampton who brought us a lot of free games and a lot of free revokes!!!

Either that or you just like really bad movies.
Meh, I didn't care much for Batman v. Superman. Affleck is a pretty good Bruce Wayne, but was a horrible Batman. Also, that movie was too damn long for its own good.

I did like the first two Tim Burton Batman movies + of course Nolan's 3 Batman movies.
I think it's underrated (I know that's not a popular opinion). I actually thought his Batman was pretty good too; the problem was that you really only saw Batman in action during the "Martha rescue" sequence. He moves surprisingly fluidly in that very bulky-looking suit.

I'm going to spoiler-tag this next bit in case there's someone out there who hasn't seen it and still desires to do so. Also, this is a long one so if you're not a fan of my walls of text, please skip.

I agree and disagree that the movie was too long. In a strict sense, it was obviously too long. The larger problem is that the narrative was attempting to accomplish too many things at once, so in a sense this is story that could have been better told over the course of two movies. The film was tasked with bringing Batman and Superman together as antagonists in this new DCEU, introducing Wonder Woman and (much more briefly) the other members of the Justice League, actually setting up the forthcoming Justice League movie, and having a confrontation between our enemies-turned-allies and a new overwhelmingly powerful threat (Doomsday). It was just too much and it was never going to work well.

The biggest downfall of any of these superhero movies is when they have either too many villains or poorly-written/acted/casted ones. BvS fell victim to both of these, in the sense that the Doomsday subplot felt forced and made remarkably little sense and the casting of Lex Luthor was frankly awful. I cannot recall a Luthor in the history of film and TV versions of Superman who was worse than Jesse Eisenberg. I feel as though this is completely Zack Snyder's fault. This also happened in Spider-Man 3, which had too many villains and was poorly-written in general terms; Tobey Maguire gets a lot of crap for that film but he was just doing what was in the script.

I think if anybody could have made a movie with this much going on work, it should have been Snyder, whose adaptation of Watchmen was pretty great. In the end, though, he did not succeed. There are other things I could pick apart, like the weird dream sequence with Batman and Superman in the desert, Superman seemingly talking to the ghost of his father, and the exact nature of Luthor's plan, but the film did have good parts. I thought the main cast did a great job and there were some good character moments: Martha Kent telling her adopted son that he owed humans nothing, the scene with Bruce and Alfred at the ruins of Wayne Manor, the opening scenes in Gotham with Bruce running toward the devastation. Overall the movie needed to be tighter and it would have been very good. Because of the various problems with the script, casting, and overall objectives of the film, it was merely okay.

Okay, so I emailed Indie Gala about not being able to buy the Die Young Deluxe with ZGold.  They linked me to Die Young on the store and I bought it and no Downward key so I emailed them and they just emailed me a Downward key.  So it looks like they are honoring it in a roundabout way, which is nice.

Surprisingly, IG has a solid rep as a dev/pub for me.  Blockstorm is a great game.  

Speaking of batman...i'm playing arkham origins right now, it's fine. It seems like it has a poor reputation but if you like arkham city you should like this, it's basically arkham city 2.0,  although there are some bits where it's choppy/glitchy (this doesn't impact it too much though). That said I'm playing on PS3 so not sure if there is a significant difference in performance between platforms. It's definitely worth the 5 bucks it's on sale for all the time.

Speaking of batman...i'm playing arkham origins right now, it's fine. It seems like it has a poor reputation but if you like arkham city you should like this, it's basically arkham city 2.0, although there are some bits where it's choppy/glitchy (this doesn't impact it too much though). That said I'm playing on PS3 so not sure if there is a significant difference in performance between platforms. It's definitely worth the 5 bucks it's on sale for all the time.
Origin got its rep on a rough start but when I played it a last year it was a pretty amazing game, truth be told. I liked allot of what was added and whatnot. I also liked that NPC conversations did repeat endlessly like in City.

Saw this in my queue this morning... and its not on fox's wish list so I figured I should point it out for when it does release.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/541300/Survive_the_Nights/

Origin got its rep on a rough start but when I played it a last year it was a pretty amazing game, truth be told. I liked allot of what was added and whatnot. I also liked that NPC conversations did repeat endlessly like in City.

Saw this in my queue this morning... and its not on fox's wish list so I figured I should point it out for when it does release.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/541300/Survive_the_Nights/
Thanks, Humble has actually been promoting it and selling it for a while now, but no reviews so no clue if it's any good:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/survive-the-nights

Speaking of batman...i'm playing arkham origins right now, it's fine. It seems like it has a poor reputation but if you like arkham city you should like this, it's basically arkham city 2.0, although there are some bits where it's choppy/glitchy (this doesn't impact it too much though). That said I'm playing on PS3 so not sure if there is a significant difference in performance between platforms. It's definitely worth the 5 bucks it's on sale for all the time.
I just beat this over the weekend and started the Cold, Cold Heart DLC. If you get to the end credits, there's some good audio if you let them run. The guy that does the Joker's voice is so good and there's some bridge-building between the end of the game and Arkham Asylum.

Fun game, though...I'm with you on it just being more of the same but that's plenty for me since I enjoyed the previous ones so much. Arkham Knight will be next!

I can't speak for anybody else here but since I avoid Gamestop like the plague I know nothing about trade-in values or GS credit or anything like that and would have no clue how to go about doing something like this even if I wanted to.
This is me.

I tried to flip something to gamestop once. It didn't turn out. I got a few dollars more in credit than I spent on the game. Not sure if the trade in value changed, the promotion just expired, or I did something wrong.

But Tim Burton only did two Batman movies :booty:

Since people are talking BvS.

My biggest problems were it tried to do too much and I felt the initial advertising was misleading. I only watched the first trailer (I tend to avoid trailers because they spoil so much) but I assumed they were going with a "Superman is corrupted, which I assumed would be because of red kryptonite (going by Smallville), and Batman has to bring him to his senses" story.

Wait, what were you expecting to have happen? :whistle2:k
A million dollars, a beautiful wife, and a beautiful mistress.

Like now, people were talking about getting tons of credit for things.

Someone mentioned getting $20+ for a game that I remembered seeing at a pawn shop a few days earlier.

I went back to the pawn shop and paid $4-5 for the game at the pawn shop and got like $6-7 in credit at Gamestop.

Wait, what were you expecting to have happen? :whistle2:k
A Once in a Lifetime Experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

Based on all the threads, the greedy and stupid have emerged, so they expect to buy in once for less than $100 and somehow make a grand in 'free money". (Sigh. Poor gamestop employees. Their next week is probably going to be a shitshow of slimy bastards.)

A Once in a Lifetime Experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

Based on all the threads, the greedy and stupid have emerged, so they expect to buy in once for less than $100 and somehow make a grand in 'free money". (Sigh. Poor gamestop employees. Their next week is probably going to be a shitshow of slimy bastards.)
Corporate or the customers... It's always a shitshow of slimy bastards for them.

Pretty sure I'm done with the sale so here is my haul:

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Kingdom Rush Frontiers

Total War Warhammer: King and the Warlord

Total War Warhammer: Beastmen

Total War Warhammer: Realm of the Wood Elves

Halo Spartan Strike

Hard West: Scars of Freedom

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Commandos Pack

Cost me in total $45.48 although $30 something of it was steam wallet.  Bought as many dlc as games, am tempted on a few other things but I will hold off until bundles or winter.  Of these games the only one I've played some of is Kingdom Rush Frontiers, really good tower defense game (this and its prequel) if you like that sort of thing.

My alt just lost market access because my last purchase with it was a year ago today. Does that matter if I'm just going to take all the cards for my main, or is it going to flag them as unmarketable?

My alt just lost market access because my last purchase with it was a year ago today. Does that matter if I'm just going to take all the cards for my main, or is it going to flag them as unmarketable?
No, it just means that you need to trade your cards to your main to sell them. I've been doing that for the last few years

so i know i complained about the tepid sales, but tbf everything i got was at 75%, with the exception of Mafia, which was 66%. and UMVC3, which my brother paid for.

Nail'd
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 
Pinball Arcade: Season Four Pro Pack 
Mafia III 

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Garfield Kart 
Arx Fatalis 
Commander Keen Complete Pack 
Call of Cthulhu 
Deadlight Directors Cut 
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe 
Bejeweled Deluxe 
Zuma Deluxe 
Chuzzle Deluxe 
Insaniquarium Deluxe 
Dynomite Deluxe 
Iggle Pop Deluxe 
Pizza Frenzy 
Typer Shark Deluxe 
AstroPop Deluxe 
Heavy Weapon Deluxe 
Rocket Mania Deluxe 
Hammer Heads Deluxe 
Big Money Deluxe 
Talismania Deluxe 
Bejeweled Twist 
The Wizard's Pen 

I'm glad I did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kakblvktqdg
I don't typically lapse into comic fanboy hate, but I REALLY hate Gotham.

It tries to play up grimdark grim and gritty movie/80-90's Batman with lots of moralizing about the line and all of that, at the same time dialing up the camp to a level equal to or greater than 60's Batman with all of the various one-note villians- burning through source material like they're a kid trapped in a room full of candy and told they're only allowed access to that room for a half hour.

As such, it's awful, and I can't imagine what audience it appeals to.

so i know i complained about the tepid sales, but tbf everything i got was at 75%, with the exception of Mafia, which was 66%. and UMVC3, which my brother paid for.

Nail'd
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2
Pinball Arcade: Season Four Pro Pack
Mafia III

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Garfield Kart
Arx Fatalis
Commander Keen Complete Pack
Call of Cthulhu
Deadlight Directors Cut
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Bejeweled Deluxe
Zuma Deluxe
Chuzzle Deluxe
Insaniquarium Deluxe
Dynomite Deluxe
Iggle Pop Deluxe
Pizza Frenzy
Typer Shark Deluxe
AstroPop Deluxe
Heavy Weapon Deluxe
Rocket Mania Deluxe
Hammer Heads Deluxe
Big Money Deluxe
Talismania Deluxe
Bejeweled Twist
The Wizard's Pen
Garfield Kart is truly awful. Unless you're just buying it for the +1, I strongly suggest you play that for a bit while you're still in the refund window just to see how bad it is.

So is tomorrow the last day we can get sale cards? I need to make sure so I can launder the last of them before the prices flip back to normal.

Each block is a different game

ZVYRN-W9E29-JJYRK
HKT66-D3Y83-78KL5
ZPH6G-XWFW4-8L0JI

AXDCF-KAEFH-TLVFQ

EARGH-XPLJI-9WVZF
V980W-YD4Q7-2H9RH
8TEN9-ZRHC2-P552H
IWXR5-F7N5M-M8YB5
GB5HC-K7GK7-AI8WG
CIGRD-88MEH-D6QI3
G78CR-RRPL7-A0994
ZEBQN-LVHWJ-YVJ7P
ATP0A-NMJ74-QBW6F
F42GV-4Z9GC-ZZDQZ
YI7R2-KTHJD-30RKV
6Y8BR-4AEV8-LMWMK
ZBT6Y-A2RHW-32GC6
05JZ7-ETPW6-GHZPL
ZC6M7-90NDE-K6887
8B8LQ-WFX6Q-8XYHB
5JRNM-W4D5R-PIBJ7
8XAED-B2M40-YYJ3E
F3P3B-IY4BH-T92YG

3NDDW-4TQRA-4L3FW
8PZQ4-DNR6I-6VAPJ
4C3Z3-4Y44Q-9M6BI
B7Q6B-3N9EW-AZCFZ
E5DR5-7H36C-6D9HV
GPGVY-WPC75-RQ9ND
RBGBP-GDP6A-W8HMA
WEXM3-0FQ4P-KI3PR
ACR86-KXPF9-T2CJX
0KWTY-C5344-BPX6L
HH5RV-4IRNI-2C8E8
T7EPT-EMRBB-Z7JWB
5DB5Z-DEF02-MEQZH
PCF60-B9RNX-9GPBT
4L90A-EN2MQ-B58QZ
BDBD6-QFRVN-DKKR3
AAY4Z-2JIDT-RZRV7
0RT5R-LWBQR-MGCV5
K3GNE-VB8NZ-GGB43
2427W-J7KZC-JR95P
7B0RD-2X6CT-AFA9G

Each block is a different game

EARGH-XPLJI-9WVZF
V980W-YD4Q7-2H9RH
8TEN9-ZRHC2-P552H
IWXR5-F7N5M-M8YB5
GB5HC-K7GK7-AI8WG
CIGRD-88MEH-D6QI3
G78CR-RRPL7-A0994
ZEBQN-LVHWJ-YVJ7P
ATP0A-NMJ74-QBW6F
F42GV-4Z9GC-ZZDQZ
YI7R2-KTHJD-30RKV
6Y8BR-4AEV8-LMWMK
ZBT6Y-A2RHW-32GC6
05JZ7-ETPW6-GHZPL
ZC6M7-90NDE-K6887
8B8LQ-WFX6Q-8XYHB
5JRNM-W4D5R-PIBJ7
8XAED-B2M40-YYJ3E
F3P3B-IY4BH-T92YG
Took this one from group three. Group one and two were already redeemed, and I already owned group four's game.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back