Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Still sticking with my theory, based on what bars did as well. The economy stopped sucking (or at least, as much) so price cuts stopped being so aggressive. When people were being tight with their money, because of job cuts and a weak market (and etc), you had to put out big discounts to convince people to spend. Now? Not so much, why put a game for 75% off when people will still buy it for 33-50% off?

Why based on bars? Well around here when the economy went to crap, bars were having very very good happy hour deals to entice people to still come. As things have improved, a lot of those deals have been going away or prices have increased.
So you're saying I should be hoping the economy crashes again is what i get out of this

That's the problem. Everyone wants refunds and expected it to be free and have the company just eat the money. Doesn't work that way. Sure you'll get refunds but at the cost of this just as I expected would happen when they first announced that feature. Reminds me of the naive Bernie Bros who want free college, free housing, free everything and then wonder why their taxes go up. I would rather people research games they like and only buy those instead of abusing the refund ability.
Ok, so just trolling.

Yep! Especially since it seems you might have employed the rock strategy too.
It was actually more of a Benny Hill situation where we both made a break for the rock and laid down on opposite sides of it. Jumped out on the wrong side of the map to start and spent most of the match outrunning the wall. Luckily nobody sniped my head off and I was able to kill someone and take their motorcycle to get out of it once it caught up with me towards the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
CheapestFox has it right, any play style can work or be fun.  The map is large enough and the playzone changes often enough for you to get merced or come through with a win in any circumstance.  Sometimes getting kills is more fun than winning, sometimes it's just the stories you get out of an intense battle, sometimes being stealthy and hunting a team is a blast, sometimes you just do anything for a win, the game is just damn fun.  I do apologize for being way too drunk that night though, was definitely bringing us down.  That being said I will be playing most Fridays, and Fox or anyone else who has it is free to join up.  Personally I can't wait for the custom matches and zombies mode to become available to the general public.

CheapestFox has it right, any play style can work or be fun. The map is large enough and the playzone changes often enough for you to get merced or come through with a win in any circumstance. Sometimes getting kills is more fun than winning, sometimes it's just the stories you get out of an intense battle, sometimes being stealthy and hunting a team is a blast, sometimes you just do anything for a win, the game is just damn fun. I do apologize for being way too drunk that night though, was definitely bringing us down. That being said I will be playing most Fridays, and Fox or anyone else who has it is free to join up. Personally I can't wait for the custom matches and zombies mode to become available to the general public.
I really don't agree. I used to play Battleborn every day for a few months until the player base fizzled and nothing ruined the match more than teammates that wouldn't follow objectives or take the match seriously. I would constantly need to find new clan members because me and my other buddy would be considered "difficult" to work with even though we would specifically plan out strategies to help every player on our team win the match, and of course no one would listen to us and we eventually cycled through all the remaining players. Which is I just ended up uninstalling it at that point.

It still pisses me off that Overwatch caught on yet the superior game (Battleborn) was given mediocre scores by the sheep gaming press. Which means we might not see a sequel, but we can look forward to them gushing over overrated crap like Borderlands.

I really don't agree. I used to play Battleborn every day for a few months...
His post was specifically about Peanutbutter Undergrounds. Y u talkin bout Buttleborns?

In other news, I played some rounds of Homefront: Revolution with Reds, Jimbo and Shirin tonight. Shirin's just becoming a social butterfly lately.

Can you guys check out my steam library and tell me what I should play next? Kind of stuck, thanks

khachik2003
Just asking; what kind of games do you like. If someone just looks at your library, should we mainly look at the games with the top hours of play? I can appreciate the question. It really depends on what you want to play next i.e FF 9 for RPG, Deus Ex Mankind, Grim Dawn, Banner Saga. I personally can recommend XCOM Enemy Unknown and you have Zero Escape ZTO which is also good.

I really don't agree. I used to play Battleborn every day for a few months until the player base fizzled and nothing ruined the match more than teammates that wouldn't follow objectives or take the match seriously. I would constantly need to find new clan members because me and my other buddy would be considered "difficult" to work with even though we would specifically plan out strategies to help every player on our team win the match, and of course no one would listen to us and we eventually cycled through all the remaining players. Which is I just ended up uninstalling it at that point.

It still pisses me off that Overwatch caught on yet the superior game (Battleborn) was given mediocre scores by the sheep gaming press. Which means we might not see a sequel, but we can look forward to them gushing over overrated crap like Borderlands.
I frequently talk to my housecats. Here is a site that you might find useful in your daily life.

Can you guys check out my steam library and tell me what I should play next? Kind of stuck, thanks

khachik2003
I'm going to assume that if you own the game you are interested in playing it, and that if it shows 0 playtime that you haven't played it on any other platform. Also, I have no way of knowing what you're in the mood to play -- sometimes that's all it boils down to for me.

Since you didn't give a lot of clues, and you asked us to take time to look, if you say "played it on my (insert console name)" or "my bro got me that and I really don't like the genre", Imma kill u.

Based on no playtime shown, I'd play one of the following:

- Batman Arkham Asylum

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

- Divinity Original Sin

- Dungeon Warfare

- Fez

- Half Life 2

- Hero Siege

- Jamestown

- Kingdom Rush

- Portal 2

- Renegade Ops

- South Park: The Stick of Truth

khachik2003
It's been years since I've played it, but I liked Alpha Protocol a lot. It's a real streamlined action-RPG, focusing more on action and dialogue than exploration. Kind of a Mass Effect 2-lite. People had issues with the combat but I thought it was pretty decent, and the story was entertaining. It's about as good as your typical Hollywood action/spy movie. The conversation options are based on the "three Bs", Bourne, Bond, and Bauer. You can make choices about who to ally yourself with and such.

Gosh, how could anyone be so wrong? The whole point of the Battlefield series is to be a medic and perform triage on all the dumbasses who don't play medic so you are always at the top of your teams leaderboard. I'm completely dumbfounded by how someone could be so confused about the point of a game.

Depending on Prime's dumpster fire tomorrow, I might be interested in one of those.
It's interesting how spoiled we've come. A big sale with games you can DL instantly is considered a "dumpster fire". I remember the 90's when a Saturn game cost $70 online after shipping and it could take over a month to arrive - if you even got the game at all. Now we get instant games for $5 and less and no one is happy. SMH.

It's interesting how spoiled we've come. A big sale with games you can DL instantly is considered a "dumpster fire". I remember the 90's when a Saturn game cost $70 online after shipping and it could take over a month to arrive - if you even got the game at all. Now we get instant games for $5 and less and no one is happy. SMH.
oh good, i'm so glad you're back...

Why, back in my day you had to go to the speakeasy to hear jazz music but today the kids are all listening to it on their iThings and Walkingmans and boomer boxes! And instead of listening to Frankie Fiver & His Swing Man Band because that's who was performing that night, they want to hear six or seven different music-men on their audio machines! It's the madness of this new generation, I tells ya!

Yeah, but Amazon Prime Day is usually made up of pretty crappy junk they sell. I can't wait for the phone cases and LED toilet lights!

Plus Amazon Prime sale is a paid for by sale....i forgot to cancel my Amazon Prime so i'll get to see all the amazing deals. I usually only do Prime 3 months out of the year.

If anyone had been interested in a VR setup, oculus is dropping rift+touch prices for 6 weeks to 400$. So far on their store and on newegg, I assume it will propagate elsewhere too

Isn't this the dumbass that tried to do the old 1x1=0 troll and went into apoplectic fits when nobody bit on it? And then made it an annual thing? But gets embarassed every year cause they aren't as funny as damn near anyone in this thread?

If anyone had been interested in a VR setup, oculus is dropping rift+touch prices for 6 weeks to 400$. So far on their store and on newegg, I assume it will propagate elsewhere too
If this is price matched at Best Buy, you can save another $30 with American Express deal.

You can be excited about the advance of retail logistics of the last several decades that pushed prices down on average, but also disappointed in the psychology based marketing of "deep" discounts.

Isn't this the dumbass that tried to do the old 1x1=0 troll and went into apoplectic fits when nobody bit on it? And then made it an annual thing? But gets embarassed every year cause they aren't as funny as damn near anyone in this thread?
You guys must have me confused. I'm new here, discovered this site a few days ago. And I don't believe 1 × 1 is 0 but if you think about it 1 x 1 is 2. Take one Steam game, multiply it by another Steam game and you have two Steam games. I'll never understand how multiplying one by another someow subtacts one... because it doesn't.

Looks like I'll be playing FF9 and possibly Warband.  Thanks everyone for their suggestions

As far as my tastes, I love Rogue-likes, Metroidvania, RPGs, and Horror games.  The next game I'm eyeing is Dead Cells. 

I'm enjoying Grim Dawn but it's a bit too repetitive and inventory-centric for my tastes

If you are the person who thought $4 was too much for Shadow of Mordor: GOTY, it's $2.99 today at bundlestars.

Also, it's "Star Deal Week," so expect the same games that BS always has on sale to be on sale.

Pretty sure it's all going to suck...

And, yeah, my friend activity on Steam is all PUBG peer pressure right now.
Funny enough, the #1 requested game in the Bundlestars Star Deals Announcement is.... PUBG!

I don't know if it's genuinely naive people or fanboys or what. I haven't even checked, but I'm pretty sure they don't even sell it.

But yeah, all you entitled kids who order something and pay for it and expect to get what you paid for make me sick. Damn Bernie Bros looking for a handout.

You guys must have me confused. I'm new here, discovered this site a few days ago. And I don't believe 1 × 1 is 0 but if you think about it 1 x 1 is 2. Take one Steam game, multiply it by another Steam game and you have two Steam games. I'll never understand how multiplying one by another someow subtacts one... because it doesn't.
giphy.gif

I'm hoping there's a Bundlestars sale on STALKER.  Do you guys think that might happen?!?!?!?

I forgot to mention the most noteworthy part of playing HF:R last night.  Reds had asked me earlier if I wanted in but I was busy so I told him I'd catch up to him later.  An hour later, I see he's still in game so I don't bother to say anything and just join his game through Steam.  Drop into a map with Reds, Shirin and Jimbo all incapacitated and the first thing I had to do upon starting was revive all three of their dead asses.  Points for great timing, I suppose.

You're mixing this (+) up with this (x). It's an easy mistake.

I got yet another email about 18% off E3 titles. Guess that's my punishment for missing the last 27% by an hour.
You know, me too but I noticed that the same email also says that mystery loot boxes are back in stock and cheaper than ever. You and I are SURE to win copies of PUBG that way!

DAMN! FOXHACK GOT TROLLED!
I saw that earlier. The only people getting trolled are the fools paying thirty bucks for Bundle Fine games.

I left a reply over at Reddit, basically saying that I think Double Fine doesn't belong on itch.io, but I'm pretty sure the guy won't bother replying anymore. What's weird is him posting a pastebin of the conversation... that just seems really unprofessional. I'm not going to bother replying to him on Twitter, it's just asking for trouble.

I saw that earlier. The only people getting trolled are the fools paying thirty bucks for Bundle Fine games.

I left a reply over at Reddit, basically saying that I think Double Fine doesn't belong on itch.io, but I'm pretty sure the guy won't bother replying anymore. What's weird is him posting a pastebin of the conversation... that just seems really unprofessional. I'm not going to bother replying to him on Twitter, it's just asking for trouble.
You're just mad you got pwned and boned on Twitter, brah!

If anyone linked their Twitch Prime account to PUBG and didn't open the set of loot, it's going for about $40 on the Steam market (buy orders). I am baffled that anyone would pay that much when the individual items are available for $1-3, but it is what it is.

bread's done
Back