Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
But that's kinda the point. Those games Night Trap, Sewer Shark and Phantasmagoria were B movies made on a shoe-string budget in the early days of full motion videogames. Remember these games came out on Sega CD, PC and etc. The tech was new and expensive so they had to use cheap actors, Dana Plato for example, videogames had a huge stigma so Hollywood wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole, so this is what you got badly made games that we're kinda charming in it's own way. Kinda like grindhouse films or 1950's horror flicks.

Sent From Russia With Love!
Sewer Shark was so much fun back in the day: Uh Oh, I'm Ratagator Bait! ;)

Love to be able to play it again without having to have a Sega CD.

Sewer Shark was so much fun back in the day: Uh Oh, I'm Ratagator Bait! ;)

Love to be able to play it again without having to have a Sega CD.
Well now you can! Tell em what they won Gene!

Gene a brand new app!
https://retropie.org.uk
0731d6da284015e97960aff717a9b5ef.jpg

Kentucky Route Zero Humble Indie Bundle 18 6TG_X-9YBB5-TIV3C

_ = M

=074W-T9BTL-P3Y9D 80 days.

= =B

*P9KE-QHE4T-YP8T* her story

*=F

Some bundle trash someone handed me on Discord that I never redeem and most likely never will.

So with about 1 hour left on the Just Cause 3 sale, do I get it?  Do I get just the base game or the XL?  I have Just Cause 2 and havent played it much, but after playing the JC3 free weekend, it didnt feel as cool.  Do I just suck it up though and skip 3 because I have 2?  HELP FAM.

So with about 1 hour left on the Just Cause 3 sale, do I get it? Do I get just the base game or the XL? I have Just Cause 2 and havent played it much, but after playing the JC3 free weekend, it didnt feel as cool. Do I just suck it up though and skip 3 because I have 2? HELP FAM.
B/c of Loyalty discounts & The "Complete The Bundle" thing they are doing here, which will depends on what you own for JC series already on Steam - you might want to check on Steam to see if you actually might have a bigger discount & better price for the Just Cause Collection instead of going w/ the Just Cause 3 XL Edition.

For example: I only own JC1+2 base-games on Steam already - so the JC Collection (with everything) gives me a 82% discount at $18.74 to receive ALL JC2 DLC's + Everything for JC3 to "Complete The Bundle". Meanwhile, for me, JC3 XL Edition itself is showing at $18.67 with only 75% percent off. It's obviously for me, what the better buy would be here - if I took the plunge.

Me, I'm probably gonna' pass here. I got my kick-ass JC3 fill with the few hours I played of it during the trial (i.e. 7 hours during the trial) and maybe at some point, maybe I'll boot up JC2 until I can get a better deal on the JC Collection. But right now - eh, not too much interested in the series right now. Given the series' repetitive structure + nature after a good number of hours with it for me - eh, I don't think it's something I'll kick around too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info MysterD.  I didnt even look at the collection, but for like 1 dollar more, all of the DLC is a nice perk.  Thanks for the additional options.

Thanks for explaining how loyalty discounts work, telling us you aren't buying it and not even remotely coming close to answering him

Thanks you + thanks

Thanks for explaining how loyalty discounts work, telling us you aren't buying it and not even remotely coming close to answering him

Thanks you + thanks
He needs to figure out for himself if he thinks, which path he should go - i.e. does he pass on all of the deals? Does he go w/ JC3 XL? Or does he go for The Entire JC Collection?

I can't answer all of that for him. I can't answer for him if he should skip JC2, since I really ain't played a ton of it either.

I don't know if say he's having a blast + could keep playing for lots of hours w/ JC2 or JC3. It depends on how he feels about open-world sandbox games that really.....don't have much else to offer other than that.

While I do like what I've played of JC2 - to me, it did feel a lot like JC1 but w/ a few more tweaks to the formula & much better graphics. And JC3 also seems to be doing more of the same here also, TBH. It doesn't feel to me like the series has advanced that far, TBH - except for in graphics quality.

The JC series for me seems to lack lore, plot, character & story. I know, I know - you're going to say "But this isn't the type of game for that." But, the problem is - they do sometimes try to have cut-scenes and they're a waste; they might as well not even attempt to do these or should do as few as possible. The dialogue's often a waste here, as it's hammy as can be (probably purposely, BTW) but never really acknowledges if it's trying to do so purposely somehow (or not). Even the audio-recordings in JC3 that supposed to be Lore often seem to be a waste, too.

For me, if the actual game isn't hitting me for some reason or its gameplay is running tired - these story, plot, and character elements can be crucial elements for staying invested in a big huge open-world game of this type. It worked for a while w/ Mafia 3 b/c it had such a great story + character stuff, but I even eventually grew tired of it (after around 20-something odd hours) b/c it just doesn't have the variety of sandbox equipment for the player that say JC game would offer up.

To keep me going for more than the usual game-hours (i.e. think 5-10 hours), I do want more than just say dicking around in the game-world, blowing-up stuff, doing MMO-style quests (kill X guys, destroy X things, rescue X guys) and doing arcade-style side-missions - especially when so many other games in both the same & different genre have (probably & unfortunately, to some of these games' detriment) adopted an open-world gameplay philosophy.

Me, I'm probably gonna' pass here. I got my kick-ass JC3 fill with the few hours I played of it during the trial (i.e. 7 hours during the trial) and maybe at some point, maybe I'll boot up JC2 until I can get a better deal on the JC Collection. But right now - eh, not too much interested in the series right now. Given the series' repetitive structure + nature after a good number of hours with it for me - eh, I don't think it's something I'll kick around too long.
I've come to the same conclusion, though I was very happy to see it ran fine for me for the hour or so that I played. It did get very annoying that Rico can't climb up on platforms (mainly wanted this going from rooftop to rooftop) that are waist-high without using his grapple...that felt awkward.

I'm waiting for a lower price, too, and will probably revisit JC2 in the meantime.

I've come to the same conclusion, though I was very happy to see it ran fine for me for the hour or so that I played. It did get very annoying that Rico can't climb up on platforms (mainly wanted this going from rooftop to rooftop) that are waist-high without using his grapple...that felt awkward.

I'm waiting for a lower price, too, and will probably revisit JC2 in the meantime.
Yeah, JC3 didn't blow me away. Yeah, it's some real good fun for a good number of hours - but can a game as big as this & with so much to do really sustain itself for long without really doing much of anything else?

This is the old problem that open-world sandbox games like Sid Meier's Pirates (Remake); Age of Pirates: CT / Sea Dogs: CT; and Mount & Blade had. Once you hit the 8-10 hours mark, after a while - is there anything else here to compel me to continue on?

And yes, I'm with you - Rico should be able to do more than just slingshot himself w/ the grappling hook, parachute himself, or wingsuit himself around. Climbing certainly would be a nice welcome addition. It can be a real pain-in-the-neck that you can't climb up, when you try to slingshot yourself and....it doesn't always connect properly, pull you up much, or even pull you up properly - especially when doing those timed "press a button on X monitors in X amount of time" missions.

So with about 1 hour left on the Just Cause 3 sale, do I get it? Do I get just the base game or the XL? I have Just Cause 2 and havent played it much, but after playing the JC3 free weekend, it didnt feel as cool. Do I just suck it up though and skip 3 because I have 2? HELP FAM.
You'll be good man. You don't need to play the last one they're not really connected except for a few characters.

So.. one game that's been bundled 3 times (The Bug Butcher), and the other 2 are published by Grab the Games, so those'll be bundled eventually and will be dirt cheap on steam
Yup, them's the breaks. At least they haven't been bundled "yet", unlike the past couple months worth of offerings. I don't own either and have tons of coins to spend, but given they are Grab the Games titles... meh.

*P9KE-QHE4T-YP8T* her story
*=F
Some bundle trash someone handed me on Discord that I never redeem and most likely never will.
Grabbed Her Story. Just started my Steam library now that I have a gaming laptop and this is one I wanted to try. So much appreciated that you threw it out to the vultures. Thanks!

Thanks you + thanks
MysterD can not + will not + do not be pressured by Drabelincoln. You just keep on writing 10 page responses every time someone mention JC3.

I have JC3, wonder if I should buy the DLC?

Speaking of Texas I walked to + went inside the Alamo yesterday. While there I went through the exhibit, i.e. read plaques + looked at the stuff in the display cases. I did want + can want to watch one of the videos about it but I, sadly, didn't have time. If you ever want to look + see some Texas history it was pretty quick fun.

Speaking of Texas I walked to + went inside the Alamo yesterday. While there I went through the exhibit, i.e. read plaques + looked at the stuff in the display cases. I did want + can want to watch one of the videos about it but I, sadly, didn't have time. If you ever want to look + see some Texas history it was pretty quick fun.
What about the Santana's Revenge DLC? Worth getting?

I was in San Antonio 20-odd years ago. Sadly, the Riverwalk was more interesting than the Alamo; there was just surprisingly little to it. Nice zoo in that city, though.

If you didnt do this, consider your trip a failure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJEwrw4VEls

What about the Santana's Revenge DLC? Worth getting?

I was in San Antonio 20-odd years ago. Sadly, the Riverwalk was more interesting than the Alamo; there was just surprisingly little to it. Nice zoo in that city, though.
The zoo in SA us top notch. They have capybaras, always a sign of excellence. Downtown SA is sort of boring, I agree. We walked the entire River Walk and unless you want to grab some overpriced Tex Mex or souvenirs, there's not much there. The Alamo area has changed alot over the years. There's a Ripley's nearby and other tourist crap, but growing up in Texas you get the Alamo crammed down your throat more often than MysterD posts his thoughts on JC3 so you get sick of it.

For any bros looking for a chair:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10403000-staples-b-m-bristone-manager-s-chair-brown-black-11-50-clearance-ymmv

Was able to snag one myself for $12 since the seat on mine is starting to flatten out a bit due to all the chicken dinners I've been eating lately.
So Im living less than a block from a Staples and notice this and lo and behold got the last one they had, someone had come in earlier today and bought like 5 of them. I got the floor model.

I decided to walk over there since its so close (I can see the back of the plaza from our new place) and I ask them to hold it so I can get the car and drive it home, dude said they couldnt hold it bc they're getting calls on them, so I just buy it then and push it home :D so thanks for the heads up on the deal and making me feel like a fool for the day!

Forgot to turn off my monthly humble payments so I just got Pillars (whoops didn't mean divinity in the original post) and NBA 2Kwhatever. I'd be happy to trade them for literally anything if anyone wants them!

So Im living less than a block from a Staples and notice this and lo and behold got the last one they had, someone had come in earlier today and bought like 5 of them. I got the floor model.

I decided to walk over there since its so close (I can see the back of the plaza from our new place) and I ask them to hold it so I can get the car and drive it home, dude said they couldnt hold it bc they're getting calls on them, so I just buy it then and push it home :D so thanks for the heads up on the deal and making me feel like a fool for the day!
did you look like a triumphant hobo walking with your newest score from the city dump? You should have put a donation can in the seat as you pushed it to fund my copy of p-nut butter baffle ground.

did you look like a triumphant hobo walking with your newest score from the city dump? You should have put a donation can in the seat as you pushed it to fund my copy of p-nut butter baffle ground.
Haha, yelling "I got the last one! NO, you can't have it, it's MINE!" at the clouds.

new-york-ny-older-man-pushing-an-office-chair-across-houston-street-d8f5wd.jpg

bread's done
Back