Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Only complaint I have for PUBG is that ever since the update I have had the worst desync and lag issues. I can deal with being shot because I'm overly eager, but it infuriates me to be battling it out with someone, running around building corners or crates and being told I have been shot to death long after finding cover. Oh well, it's still fun as hell in team games even with that going on.

I liked it, also - in the gameplay department. Mixing a GTA style game w/ hacking + stealth elements made this game worth the recommendation alone, IMHO.

The story + character stuff was predictable, cliche, and often not saying much on its themes (trafficking, hacking, privacy, etc etc). Quite "meh" on that stuff.

At 97 cents, WD is a steal.
The story was a bit of a mess but the aesthetic of hackers as cyber wizards and trenchcoat cell phone Batman/The Shadow was on point. And they gave us two pretty decent finales for the two designated bad guys so I won't complain.

Hey guys can we get some more discussion on PUBG in here it's been lacking lately
Well, I did finish up Mirror's Edge: Catalyst recently.

Despite its shortcomings (i.e. horrible ending + set-up for DLC's/sequels; forced fights in a game that doesn't have much variety of combat; and some frustrating platforming at times), I really liked the game.

Story + character development was better than the original Mirror's Edge in most regards (other than the lackluster ending), but still not anything special. DICE just...aren't experts at this stuff, TBH.

The platforming is just a lot of fun, for the most part - running, jumping, sliding, zip-lining, kicking (when using it with momentum) and parkouring in first-person was a blast...just like the original Mirror's Edge (2008). For me, most of the game felt like this - and made this easily worth the $5 or so I dropped on it from Origin, after around 18 hours or so with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only complaint I have for PUBG is that ever since the update I have had the worst desync and lag issues. I can deal with being shot because I'm overly eager, but it infuriates me to be battling it out with someone, running around building corners or crates and being told I have been shot to death long after finding cover. Oh well, it's still fun as hell in team games even with that going on.
Considering the bros don't tend to engage until the end, we haven't had that problem. The lag and desync issues seem to improve as people die and the player pool shrinks.

Considering the bros don't tend to engage until the end, we haven't had that problem. The lag and desync issues seem to improve as people die and the player pool shrinks.
But I like murder too much to wait that long. Well, that and it seems like the desync doesn't ever disappear for me. I've had several top 10s the last couple days where I was still teleporting short distances or ending up getting shot through a rock, most likely because I wasn't actually behind it. And I'm hearing the same complaints from some others. I just hope it evens out soon, because it's making solos almost unplayable for me.

I got it in the $5 sale too and am enjoying it. Do you play with KB+M or controller? I tried with a controller but I played the first one with KB+M and that just feels better for this game.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

I got it in the $5 sale too and am enjoying it. Do you play with KB+M or controller? I tried with a controller but I played the first one with KB+M and that just feels better for this game.

Controller for this type of game. I'm terrible w/ KB+mouse on platforming games.

Despite its shortcomings (i.e. horrible ending + set-up for DLC's/sequels; forced fights in a game that doesn't have much variety of combat; and some frustrating platforming at times), I really liked the game.

Story + character development was better than the original Mirror's Edge in most regards (other than the lackluster ending), but still not anything special. DICE just...aren't experts at this stuff, TBH.

The platforming is just a lot of fun, for the most part - running, jumping, sliding, zip-lining, kicking (when using it with momentum) and parkouring in first-person was a blast...just like the original Mirror's Edge (2008). For me, most of the game felt like this - and made this easily worth the $5 or so I dropped on it from Origin, after around 18 hours or so with it.
I have been enjoying it as well. I am almost done, but have been taking my time doing some of the side stuff. Only on occasion do I feel like it is a Faith suicide simulator (1st person platformers can drive me nuts some time).

I am liking it with K&M.

But I like murder too much to wait that long. Well, that and it seems like the desync doesn't ever disappear for me. I've had several top 10s the last couple days where I was still teleporting short distances or ending up getting shot through a rock, most likely because I wasn't actually behind it. And I'm hearing the same complaints from some others. I just hope it evens out soon, because it's making solos almost unplayable for me.
That's the problem I have basically had since I purchased it.

Managed to be out near a gamestop that had watchdogs pc for $0.97. I feel like I got a good deal but activating on Uplay still makes it feel like not such an awesome deal.
I bought WatchDongs from GameShlock a few months back for 3 dollar...now I feel like I overpaid.

Damn, you must feel like a gangsta!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1L8l3LrzLA

I bought WatchDongs from GameShlock a few months back for 3 dollar...now I feel like I overpaid.

Damn, you must feel like a gangsta!!!
I felt like a gangsta when I got the Ewplay version for free and then rebought the complete steam version (with all DLC) for $5 when it was glitched in AU.

In between pbging, i've been replaying Fallout 4.  Decided I would just mainline the story (which I had never finished) and hit the DLC (which I had never touched).  Specifically, I told myself I would ignore the settlement time sink.

Started up my fresh playthrough, took a look at what mods have popped up over the last year and stumbled across Sim Settlements.  The theory behind this mod is to turn the drudgery of settlement building into more of a SimCity-like experience.  You plop down little square zones for houses, shops, farms, guard towers, industrial buildings, etc.  Then you walk away and let your settlers build their homes their own damn selves.  It's quite amazing to return from looting the wastelands and see how each settlement changes.  Between all the add-on packs people have been developing along side the base mod, I have over 250 unique buildings that will appear, each one with multiple levels of upgrades.

Beyond that, there is a ton of management tweaks included in holotape form which let you customize exactly how you want your settlements to run.

Here's a screenshot of my Starlight Drive-In settlement.  This is about half of the buildings currently there, thanks to the All Settlements Expanded mod that extends the buildable area for you to play in.

So, yeah...that resolution to ignore the settlement slog kinda failed within the first 2 hours.

Hey guys can we get some more discussion on PUBG in here it's been lacking lately
Ugh, you and this again... I get and understand the overkill but if you don't want this to be the conversation start one. Don't come in here and just bitch and leave it at that.

Lots of shit happening in gaming that could be talked about. War of Mordor is going to have paid loot crates in a single player game. AMD has a new 7000 dollar video card that has m.2 SSD built into it. etc. Did Pizza Hut mess up your order? Rehash the pizza debate again... Undoubtedly, somewhere some game is having a Historic Low sale going on... post it.

Just stop being a malcontent that is just try to piss all over someone's Cheerios.

Because that hippie pasports wants me to talk more about Penile Urban Backwater Gators. I will say that I made 11 doll hairs so far meaning, I'm only 11 in the hole.....GO ME!!!!!

Also, I never get tired of getting one-punched dead in the head....THAT'S FUN!!!!

Also made it to #3 (CHINA #1!!!!!!), totally pacifist....never shot nobody.....of course in the last 3 peeps I brought a shotgun to a SCAR-L fight....

My version of battlefield 1 bro night Friday.
Try to load game, game updates because origin decided I didn't want it to auto-update, you know since I checked that little box to update automatically.
Go outside and hit a bowl while waiting.
Come back inside, load game.
Click to join Fox's game, nope battlefield 1 decides I didn't mean to do that and puts me in a game with a bunch of prepubescent, screaming, racist shitheads. Aka our future.
Go back to main menu.
Try to join the cags again.
Success!!!!
9 in queue, son of a bitch I mutter to myself, go outside to hit the bowl again.
Come back in to be greeted with the message that I had been kicked for idling.
Rejoin the queue.
Got smart this time and hit the one hitter while waiting.
I deploy into the red teams area and am promptly shot in the dick. Apparently I'm blue.

Next deployment, I land with my team and follow and then get scared and hide in the bushes while my team gets slaughtered by a plane. Decide to just crawl, it works, I'm able to sneak up behind a guy and shoot him in the back of the head 3 times. He gets up and with my guy frozen for some reason, he stabs me in the dick.
Well, fuck, wtf? Take another hit.
Get shot through 3 buildings and 6 walls as soon as I spawn.
Respawn, only to get into a firefight with a plane. I lose.
Respawn again, kinda high at this point and not really caring, so I just spun in a circle for 10 minutes. Survived till end of match.
Took another hit, and decided I'd rather watch my wife play ghost master.
Quit the dick mutilation simulator aka battlefield 1.

on a whim i decided to see if BOTW on CEMU would work with my crappy pc. so i downloaded it, set up all the hacks and shit, and tried it. lo and behold it works and i got a buttery smooth ~30 fps. so i've abandoned my Mass Effect play-through and I'm playing friggin Zelda. screw you Switch re-sellers!!!

on a whim i decided to see if BOTW on CEMU would work with my crappy pc. so i downloaded it, set up all the hacks and shit, and tried it. lo and behold it works and i got a buttery smooth ~30 fps. so i've abandoned my Mass Effect play-through and I'm playing friggin Zelda. screw you Switch re-sellers!!!
Beat BOTW this way a few months ago. Save often, the auto saves are pretty good but even when it was running well cemu decided to crash here and there. Top 3 game of the year for me.

It seems like the PUBG statistics are off. My time played is way off and it only counted a single one of my wins.

I finally won solo tonight, in about the most dishonorable way possible.

At ~12 people left I got in one of those wizard tower/mushroom houses. I stare at the door. The circle kept closing in on the tower. I hear lots of action, see people dying, but don't move an inch.

Finally, 3 dudes left, a guy in the same tower but the room below, kills the other guy. Just me and him.

I stare at the door for an eternity. He throws about 6 grenades at me, missing every time (or maybe he didn't know where I was?). The final circle lasts a lot longer than I thought. Eventually, the true final circle appears (basically a dot) and the game gives you ~10 seconds before the blue circle closes in. With ~3 seconds left of the blue, I run out and shoot him in the back. Cheap, but it worked. I'll take it.

My version of battlefield 1 bro night Friday.
Mine has been... Join group with match expiring. Get a victory. Go play PUBG. I guess I can retire from BF1 as the undisputed king of BF1 with a perfect win/loss record and K/D ratio.

Which reminds me of a story... Its a nonPUBG story so I'll go ahead and toss it out there for all to enjoy.

Sometime after WWII my grandfather on my father side, a first division marine with 7 battle stars (meaning he saw allot of hellholes in the Pacific), went out target shooting with my great uncle (his brother), army medic who was stationed in China (meaning he saw allot of the aftermath from those hellholes but was never in one himself). Now my grandfather was a great shot while my uncle was decent to good but not one the level of his brother.

Well, this was one of those were decent to good was better than great and my uncle won. My grandfather slightly protruded by this said something like, "Lets go again."

And my uncle was like, "Nah, I think I've just retired..." :lol:

It seems like the PUBG statistics are off. My time played is way off and it only counted a single one of my wins.
They reset stats sometime between last weekend and this weekend. Maybe that's what happened.

As for winning by shooting someone in the back... There's no dishonor in PBUG. Just winners and dead bodies.

Ugh, you and this again... I get and understand the overkill but if you don't want this to be the conversation start one. Don't come in here and just bitch and leave it at that.

Lots of shit happening in gaming that could be talked about. War of Mordor is going to have paid loot crates in a single player game. AMD has a new 7000 dollar video card that has m.2 SSD built into it. etc. Did Pizza Hut mess up your order? Rehash the pizza debate again... Undoubtedly, somewhere some game is having a Historic Low sale going on... post it.

Just stop being a malcontent that is just try to piss all over someone's Cheerios.
It's called a joke. When have i ever come into the thread and seriously demanded people change the subject? People can talk about whatever they want, it doesn't actually bother me. Maybe I have a huge lack of awareness but I also didn't realize I had some pervasive pattern of being a malcontent trying to piss all over everybody's Cheerios.

It's called a joke. When have i ever come into the thread and seriously demanded people change the subject? People can talk about whatever they want, it doesn't actually bother me. Maybe I have a huge lack of awareness but I also didn't realize I had some pervasive pattern of being a malcontent trying to piss all over everybody's Cheerios.
Well, now you know. *shrug* As for specifics, I'm not going to dig around for them but off the top of my head PBUG and The Division. If I had to venture guesses Ark, and other games that got super popular with the bros.

Now, maybe thats not your intentions. Honestly, I hope its not but you need to work on your communications skills because many of your posts come off as rather dickish. Maybe uses some emoticons? *shrug*

It wouldn't be the steam thread if someone didn't overreact to a pasports post at least once a year
Pretty much my point... If its a reoccurring theme, and it pretty much is, either he's not joking or his jokes miss the mark so often, you can hardly blame those that "overreact" or whatever you want to call it.

Now, maybe thats not your intentions. Honestly, I hope its not but you need to work on your communications skills because many of your posts come off as rather dickish. Maybe uses some emoticons? *shrug*
I don't know...

I think his avatar is emoticon enough that all his posts are jokes.

Well, now you know. *shrug* As for specifics, I'm not going to dig around for them but off the top of my head PBUG and The Division. If I had to venture guesses Ark, and other games that got super popular with the bros.

Pretty much my point... If its a reoccurring theme, and it pretty much is, either he's not joking or his jokes miss the mark so often, you can hardly blame those that "overreact" or whatever you want to call it.
So two examples, one of which was a joke, the other I have no idea what the comment was so there's no context or even proof it occurred. And then based off these two examples you make an assumption that I've made similar comments about most games ("If i had to venture guesses Ark, and other games that got super popular with the bros") that people like. K.

Again, unless I'm highly mistaken I think most people on the board get that most, if not all, of my posts like that are sarcastic. it's not my style to outright attack other people if it's unwarranted (I mean if that guy who claims 1+1 = 0 or whatever is posting I'll jump on him).

So for anybody who wasn't aware: I don't honestly care what you post about. If you want to post about PUBG or pizza or lost planet or even DRM free manifestos be my guest, if I make a comment in overwhelming likelihood it's tongue in cheek. Sorry if I hurt anybody else's feelings with my poor communication skills.

Maybe I'll bring back sarcasm font or something

I have been enjoying it as well. I am almost done, but have been taking my time doing some of the side stuff. Only on occasion do I feel like it is a Faith suicide simulator (1st person platformers can drive me nuts some time).

I am liking it with K&M.
I think what I do like about Mirror's Edge: Catalyst is that it does feel more relaxing b/c of its open world. When not doing a mission, you don't have this feeling of "I need to fly and get through the level" b/c of its open-world structure. You can just run around, platform, parkour at your leisure - like it's one big platforming playground.

Only when picking up timed-missions (sometimes those are in main-missions, but those are very often found in side-missions) do you feel the need to get moving fast + find the best route to either make it within the allotted time or beat any competitors' time (friend or otherwise).

Regardless...the game looks + runs technically great for me on my 970, as most Frostbite Engine based-games normally do. Hard to go wrong w/ games put forth in Frostbite, in terms of actual graphical & technical quality.

I certainly got my $5 worth...and then some.

I don't know...

I think his avatar is emoticon enough that all his posts are jokes.
Honestly, I can barely make out his avatar... I think its some guy in a sweater laying on his side... but I don't know if its a reference to something/someone or a picture of himself.

So for anybody who wasn't aware: I don't honestly care what you post about. If you want to post about PUBG or pizza or lost planet or even DRM free manifestos be my guest, if I make a comment in overwhelming likelihood it's tongue in cheek. Sorry if I hurt anybody else's feelings with my poor communication skills.

Maybe I'll bring back sarcasm font or something
Font works but your explanation works too. I'll keep what you said about overwhelming likelihood in mind. I know I'm more than happy to move on so I suggest we just do that. :)

Anyhow, speaking of old stuff like The Division. I know not everyone finished it so if their is anyone who wants to see the end game grind or/like the rest of the story missions let me know. (Note: PUBG right now takes my attention first but I will get ya there.)

(It takes about 5 hours to power level someone from level 1-30, and it can be somewhat boring for those being leveled. You have to hide in cover.)

Honestly, I can barely make out his avatar... I think its some guy in a sweater laying on his side... but I don't know if its a reference to something/someone or a picture of himself.
I always thought it looked like some joke image. Looking for a bigger pic on google reveals it's some ugly christmas sweater meme.

photo.jpg

Damn, I still have yet to even touch The Division.
You would have to play through Brooklyn by yourself (or at least with characters who haven't left Brooklyn yet) but like I said I'm more than willing to help out with the rest.

If there's enough interest (3 besides me) in doing it the old fashion way I could delete one of my characters and we could do it all from the top. (I know some people really enjoy story and others just want to max out their level so they can work builds.)

I feel like I'm in Backlog City here.

I have yet to start Metal Gear Solid V: Definitive Edition (GZ + TPP); any of the DLC's for DAI; CoD BO3; CoD: AW. And that's just for starters here.

I have not finished Dreamfall Chapters; Fallout 4 (and DLC's); Witcher 3 (and DLC's); Grim Dawn; Dying Light (and DLC's/expansions); the DLC's for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided; and CoD: Ghosts. And that's just for starters there, too.

EDIT:

Oh, I also picked-up TES Online recently - so, there's that, too. I think my character's around level 10 or so, from when I played it during the Free Weekend when they launched Tamriel Unlimited to drop the sub-fee.

EDIT 2:

You would have to play through Brooklyn by yourself (or at least with characters who haven't left Brooklyn yet) but like I said I'm more than willing to help out with the rest.

If there's enough interest (3 besides me) in doing it the old fashion way I could delete one of my characters and we could do it all from the top. (I know some people really enjoy story and others just want to max out their level so they can work builds.)
Is Brooklyn a tutorial area?

Is that a solo-only area/instance in The Division?

Botw is so good. I thoroughly enjoyed my 150+ hours with it. I felt like I needed a break from it though and PUBG is exactly what I was looking for. My only complaint is that you can't play it portable on the Switch lol.

I binged in a hardcore kinda way on competitive shooters from about 1997 to 2008, so I'm taking a few decades off from them. However, I do wonder one thing about PUBG, and maybe one of you can answer:

When you die, can you view any player? And, if so, doesn't that lead to people calling out positions?

If not, what the fuck do you do for the rest of the match?

If you die in a team, you can spectate your other team members.  You only see through their camera though so while you have an extra pair of eyes on that field of vision, you can't pan the camera around to see behind them or anything.  If you die solo, you just quit the game.

But, if you die in a squad and don't spectate the camera remains on your dead body and if the people who killed you are in the immediate area you can still call out positions.  It's rare though.  Usually once one squad mate is down, the rest go down like dominoes, but on rare occasion I have been able to help the team by spectating my killers and watching them get sweet revenge.  

If you die in a team, you can spectate your other team members. You only see through their camera though so while you have an extra pair of eyes on that field of vision, you can't pan the camera around to see behind them or anything.
It's more like having a couple obnoxious back seat drivers than having someone spot for you.

But, if you die in a squad and don't spectate the camera remains on your dead body and if the people who killed you are in the immediate area you can still call out positions. It's rare though. Usually once one squad mate is down, the rest go down like dominoes, but on rare occasion I have been able to help the team by spectating my killers and watching them get sweet revenge.
The one time I tried to make use of that, I was calling out Parallacks' position because I saw movement in a building but you don't get the blue friendly tabs. And Pallacks was all "I'm on the second floor and don't see him" :whistle2:

However, speaking of spectating, last night I was with Fox and his brother-in-law Condor. I land and die within 20 seconds. Fox says "We need to rush that guy for revenge. Plus it's not fair to make Syntax watch the rest of our game." So Condor rushes in and gets killed. Then Fox half-assedly tries to snipe the guy with a micro-uzi from a half mile away, runs out of ammo, runs away and spends the next 20 minutes playing the round. To his credit, he kept running through cities firing off his double-barrel shotgun into the sky and yelling "Here I am, come get me!" in his attempt to get vengeance.

I feel like I'm in Backlog City here.

I have yet to start Metal Gear Solid V: Definitive Edition (GZ + TPP); any of the DLC's for DAI; CoD BO3; CoD: AW. And that's just for starters here.

EDIT 2:

Is Brooklyn a tutorial area?

Is that a solo-only area/instance in The Division?
Permanent resident of Backlog City myself... I always buy more than I play with grand plans. If I won the lottery I might get to them... but I suspect thats a bunch of BS. I would just buy new games MSRP be damned to celebrate.

Brooklyn is somewhat what I would consider tutorial... but its really only about 5 minutes of that. The rest is setting up the story. Brooklyn has been hit but its not what Manhattan has become. There are no repeatable campaign missions in Brooklyn.

I binged in a hardcore kinda way on competitive shooters from about 1997 to 2008, so I'm taking a few decades off from them. However, I do wonder one thing about PUBG, and maybe one of you can answer:

When you die, can you view any player? And, if so, doesn't that lead to people calling out positions?

If not, what the fuck do you do for the rest of the match?
Syntax covered it well enough... but I wanted to say that watching the surviving members of your team fight to survive is rarely boring as the better they do the better you do.

Also when it hits the fan and you lose a teammate you're usually not spectating for long. :lol:

To his credit, he kept running through cities firing off his double-barrel shotgun into the sky and yelling "Here I am, come get me!" in his attempt to get vengeance.
Playing Duos with a nonCAG friend last night we had a near naked female coming driving across the map (too the last circle or damn near the last circle) honking her jeep's horn and slamming into a jeep that was parted outside. My friend jumps out of our hut gets down in their battle, not sure how but it could have been other's shooting in, and crawls back in.

I had taken out her jeep and some of her when she pulled up with my S12k, and reloaded while he crawled back in... Next thing you know she's rushing through the door throwing punches at said friend! :lol:

It didn't go so well for her... but I suspect they really needed out of the game at that very second but didn't want to back out without their points.

The one time I tried to make use of that, I was calling out Parallacks' position because I saw movement in a building but you don't get the blue friendly tabs. And Pallacks was all "I'm on the second floor and don't see him" :whistle2:

However, speaking of spectating, last night I was with Fox and his brother-in-law Condor. I land and die within 20 seconds. Fox says "We need to rush that guy for revenge. Plus it's not fair to make Syntax watch the rest of our game." So Condor rushes in and gets killed. Then Fox half-assedly tries to snipe the guy with a micro-uzi from a half mile away, runs out of ammo, runs away and spends the next 20 minutes playing the round. To his credit, he kept running through cities firing off his double-barrel shotgun into the sky and yelling "Here I am, come get me!" in his attempt to get vengeance.
Look, I tagged the guy once with the micro-uzi then ran out of ammo. So then I went around the city looting for more ammo to go back and kill those guys and by the time I did they were gone. So then I had to run to the zone. To my credit I engaged the first guy I saw and died, but I had to seek him out because apparently no one was taking my double barrel shotgun warning shots seriously.

Lol that was pretty hilarious. I'm Condor btw.

Is it bad? Lol
Eh I dunno if I can say that. I only played the beta and I enjoyed some of it, but its not blowaway great or anything. A good comparison IMO is that Homeland Revolution game in that its not revolutionary but good enough at what it does, the full version is apparently much better than the beta. I'm on the fence. Its definitely going to go lower.

bread's done
Back