Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Certainly needs to be fixed but what makes you think the esport platform would be PC? (They have that deal with Sony so I suspect it will be their preferred platform in all ways.)
Makes sense, I just figure PCMASTERRACE :D

But alas, I'm getting Destiny 2 on PS4 anyways next week since I refuse to wait a month! If they refuse to fix their issues, I'd hate to have waited for nothing.

If by a "clone of Borderlands loot-based FPS" you mean "the best shooter of this generation", then yes!

Last edited by a moderator:
So Bethesda rolled out the Creation Club for Fallout 4 today and shit the bed.

Not only are they charging $5 for armor that is already listed among their free mods they also updated the game to include all of the data for the paid for content unencrypted. Anyone who can use the creation kit can simply create .esp files to have said content for free.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/1473095331511085550/

Free Version on Bethesda.net

U7FMRNR.jpg

Paid version

0VVHLfc.jpg

Last edited:
SeasonalCAG Droppings:

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Item: Razorfang Poison

0TK2H-XM6ME-K97PF

Talking about Perfect Games I got all the achievements for NieR:Automata a couple of days ago. If you haven't played it bask in all my hardcore achieving glory and if you have played it shut your dirty filthy lying piehole:

vElIanH.png

So Bethesda rolled out the Creation Club for Fallout 4 today and shit the bed.

Not only are they charging $5 for armor that is already listed among their free mods they also updated the game to include all of the data for the paid for content unencrypted. Anyone who can use the creation kit can simply create .esp files to have said content for free.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/1473095331511085550/

Free Version on Bethesda.net

U7FMRNR.jpg

Paid version

0VVHLfc.jpg
pvXCtP5.gif

Oh, I still have a bajillion Blizzard bucks if someone is looking to get Destiny 2 at a discount via trade.  Not sure what preorder offers are out there but I believe I can buy and send off gift copies from the Battle.net client.

Sega just couldn't be happy with all the goodwill they had generated with the PC community after Bayonetta and Vanquish. They had to go and add Denuvo and always-online to Sonic Mania of all games.

If anyone else has taken the plunge for the Oculus or Vive, Star Trek Bridge Crew is down to $24.99 on Steam and Uplay. (50%)

isn't Destiny just a clone of Borderland loot-based FPS with Bungie name?
From what I played of Borderlands series and Destiny 2 Beta....

Borderlands is a semi open-world series.

Meanwhile Destiny 2 Beta, after you do the Tutorial, it lets you pick a planet which has a map/mode tied to it (PvP, CoOp, Etc). From the Online SP portion/Tutorial section: it was like campaign maps that were very linear and have all kinds of set pieces & action (think like BF or COD's SP) and there was even a mini-puzzle (turbine puzzle). I don't know if the whole game for any SP or CoOp missions are are gonna be built like this, though.

I'm gonna check out the PvP and CoOp soon.

I don't know if Destiny 2 will have big huge open-world maps later or what for the CoOp missions later on. No clue.

Regardless...what I played last night, was phenomenal.

eh.. I didn't know that Destiny has any writing.. In fact, was there even a single player campaign/story for Destiny?
Yes, but it was poor and easily ignored. The people who take the "lore" seriously comb over short "grimoires" that are found outside of the game itself. I've never bothered. The meat of the game is more about the solid gameplay, pvp or pve challenges, and loot grind/collecting.

I don't know if Destiny 2 will have big huge open-world maps later or what for the CoOp missions later on. No clue.
Raids are like that. 6 player fire teams fighting through large areas with puzzles and boss checkpoints along the way. They can be very fun.

Story missions will be very similar to the Homecoming mission.. but probably less cinematic. Lot of point A > point B, listen to this voice over, kill this wave of enemies. Regular destiny players knock out the story missions within 1-2 days after content is released and move on to the competitive/grindy stuff.

eh.. I didn't know that Destiny has any writing.. In fact, was there even a single player campaign/story for Destiny?
The story in Destiny is completely worthless, but the campaign missions are still quite good. There are many memorable set pieces and boss fights. Pretty much everything else is top notch especially the gunplay, collecting various unique and exotic weapons, the multiplayer, each raid (you only really get one at a time).

The one change is that they are going away from 3-person groups and 6-player raids and making everything 4-player, which seems kind of weird. They also got rid of heavy weapons altogether and now you just use two primary weapons and one secondary.

Destiny is known for its gunplay. I guess you could compare it to Borerlands. But the legendary (purple) guns can mostly be brought along with you; you continue to infuse weapons to level them up, and keep looking for ideal versions with the perfect loadout of perks. There are dozens and dozens of unique weapons all with somewhat randomized signature abilities or traits. Everyone is on the constant lookout for that one ideally-tuned gun to destroy players more efficiently in the Crucible.

The bottom line is Destiny is for people that like either

1) grindy loot-based MMOs

2) competitive multiplayer.

If you don't like one of those two things then don't even bother. You spend a lot of time doing the same strikes (dungeons) over and over. Some people do them a few times and then get bored and its like wow, this game definitely is not for you. Destiny is mostly for people that like to scratch that MMO itch, but in FPS form.

Regardless - what I played last night, was phenomenal.
Destiny 2 will have four big open-world maps/zones: European Dead Zone, Titan, IO, and Nessus. Along with plenty of PvE co-op missions, public events, adventures, lost sectors, side quests, strikes, raids, etc... Supposedly there's a ton of content and plenty of end-game stuff that will keep people quite busy.

Not to mention if you decide to create three different characters (Titan, Warlock, & Hunter) and run each through the story campaign, and then level up each characters subclass. Thankfully there is a shared loot vault where you can swap weapons and resources between characters which is very helpful. Armor on the other hand is dependent and unique per character class.

Yup. Was it a good single player story campaign? Not really in the story department, but the gameplay more than made up for that tenfold.

The best story in-game is PUBG by far. Every time I play it procedurally generates a new story.
PUBG is more like a plot (or a bunch of plots & events) than say an actual story.

I'd doubt PUBG has the depth of writing, dialogue, narration, cut-scenes, voice-acting, character development, motivations, meaning, and that stuff one would get from an Obsidian or BioWare game - since PUBG's a MP game and likely is not that type of game that focuses on that stuff.

PUBG is more like a plot (or a bunch of plots & events) than say an actual story.

I'd doubt PUBG has the depth of writing, dialogue, narration, cut-scenes, voice-acting, character development, motivations, meaning, and that stuff one would get from an Obsidian or BioWare game - since PUBG's a MP game and likely is not that type of game that focuses on that stuff.
10 minutes to Wapner

Out of curiosity, how would one be able to find this feature without knowing that address? I can't seem to find a way to access it via my account page. It also seems strange that my wallet balance incorrectly says $0.00 when following the link above.

I guess I'm just skeptical after all of these years to believe Valve could add such a useful feature for us. I'm just conditioned to believe it's not real.

Actually, you'd be wrong. I'm not sure you realize this, but the guy who wrote "Forest Gump" was tapped to write the story in PUBG. There are even some easter eggs in PUBG like the "Forest Gump Run".

Anyway, it's hard to describe here, but I'll try. The story starts in a dream state where I and many others are on an island...why? I can't tell you without giving the plot away. Anyway, people on this island are saying "China #1" and "Suck my dick", which I think is allegorical to peoples hostility regarding China and North Korean relations.

Then whoosh....I'm on a plane....with everyone....I meet a friend, we exchange glances, but say nothing. everyone starts to bail out over a different island(kind of a LOST vibe going on), but I and several others wait until we are ejected by some unknown force (again nods to LOST).

Once I cut my parachute loose, BAM!! My friend tries to air-punch me in the head, I'm forced to defend myself, unlike those others ejected who stand around like mindless bots/zombies. As I rain blows on his head, he shuffles off his mortal coil and walks into the light!!! I have liberated him from this island HELL!!!! I then proceed to liberate the rest of the AFK'ers er....trapped innocents also...GO ME!!!! God rains manna down on me in something called BPs....

PRAISE JESUS/VISHNU/ODIN/ETC...!!!!!!!!!

Roll credits.....

See? Great game, deep, complex...you should get it....

I am triggered that you didn't include Allah in your "PRAISE JESUS/VISHNU/ODIN" statement.  THAT'S RACIST!  :shock:  :whistle2:

Would it hurt to yell "Allah hu Akbar" while u murdered those AFKers so that my religion can get some exposure here?  :oldman:  :whistle2:

Actually, you'd be wrong. I'm not sure you realize this, but the guy who wrote "Forest Gump" was tapped to write the story in PUBG. There are even some easter eggs in PUBG like the "Forest Gump Run".

Anyway, it's hard to describe here, but I'll try. The story starts in a dream state where I and many others are on an island...why? I can't tell you without giving the plot away. Anyway, people on this island are saying "China #1" and "Suck my dick", which I think is allegorical to peoples hostility regarding China and North Korean relations.

Then whoosh....I'm on a plane....with everyone....I meet a friend, we exchange glances, but say nothing. everyone starts to bail out over a different island(kind of a LOST vibe going on), but I and several others wait until we are ejected by some unknown force (again nods to LOST).

Once I cut my parachute loose, BAM!! My friend tries to air-punch me in the head, I'm forced to defend myself, unlike those others ejected who stand around like mindless bots/zombies. As I rain blows on his head, he shuffles off his mortal coil and walks into the light!!! I have liberated him from this island HELL!!!! I then proceed to liberate the rest of the AFK'ers er....trapped innocents also...GO ME!!!! God rains manna down on me in something called BPs....

PRAISE JESUS/VISHNU/ODIN!!!!!!!!!

Roll credits.....

See? Great game, deep, complex...you should get it....
Your narration & summary won't make-up for the likely lack thereof that stuff in-game. Plus, your narration's likely only a short-story; a very short one.

PUBG's still not cheap enough. Not 75% off, not $5 or less, or not bundled.

For now and the time being, I'll just play the (free) Destiny 2 Open Beta for the next few days until it dies to satisfy my MP-shooter needs. It's a blast - from the 4V4 modes (Control Point or Firestrike) to the Team-Based Campaign-like missions.

EDIT:

Finally.

So, where is this actually buried in all of the menus from the main page?

This should be like right up front somewhere - either under Your Store, Games, or Software.

Your narration & summary won't make-up for the likely lack thereof that stuff in-game. Plus, your narration's likely only a short-story; a very short one.
You've never played PUBG so you're just speculating blindly at this point. FYI, the NPCs in PUBG tell me a lot, like where they've been, what they were doing, and then they reward me with a crate of loot if I complete their quest, which I admit, is a repetitive death wish time after time.

You've never played PUBG so you're just speculating blindly at this point. FYI, the NPCs in PUBG tell me a lot, like where they've been, what they were doing, and then they reward me with a crate of loot if I complete their quest, which I admit, is a repetitive death wish time after time.
Yup, I've even had one complain about taking a Kar to the knee.

My female character tried to seduce Jimbo by taking her top off and flashing her sexy olive green bra but he seemed unaffected.  The relationship aspects are harder than Dragon Age and Mass Effect combined!

For now and the time being, I'll just play the (free) Destiny 2 Open Beta for the next few days until it dies to satisfy my MP-shooter needs. It's a blast - from the 4V4 modes (Control Point or Firestrike) to the Team-Based Campaign-like missions.
Any chance you buy it day one so you won't pine for a sale for the next year or so? :)

Just played the beta's opening... Its certainly interesting. Runs great (I think I would really have liked to have had a FPS counter on screen), looked great. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. There wasn't enough visual clues on where to go (A mark on my mini-map doesn't really cut it nowadays), sounded great (though the soundtrack wasn't that great... And its odd to be playing a game again with a built in sound track during combat), and I think I picked up one weapon in the entire time I played... Might have been an hour. So I'm not sure I would compare the game to Borderlands, Diablo, or The Division.

If I find it for the right price I'll likely pick it up but I don't feel compelled to have it now...

Out of curiosity, how would one be able to find this feature without knowing that address? I can't seem to find a way to access it via my account page. It also seems strange that my wallet balance incorrectly says $0.00 when following the link above.

I guess I'm just skeptical after all of these years to believe Valve could add such a useful feature for us. I'm just conditioned to believe it's not real.
It does work tho, had some spare groupees keys I tested it on last night. Redeems instantly, showed up in client, and you get an email verification that you can supposedly 'use as proof of purchase'

Any chance you buy it day one so you won't pine for a sale for the next year or so? :)

Just played the beta's opening... Its certainly interesting. Runs great (I think I would really have liked to have had a FPS counter on screen), looked great. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. There wasn't enough visual clues on where to go (A mark on my mini-map doesn't really cut it nowadays), sounded great (though the soundtrack wasn't that great... And its odd to be playing a game again with a built in sound track during combat), and I think I picked up one weapon in the entire time I played... Might have been an hour. So I'm not sure I would compare the game to Borderlands, Diablo, or The Division.

If I find it for the right price I'll likely pick it up but I don't feel compelled to have it now...
The game has an fps counter built-in.

https://assets.vg247.com/current//2017/08/destiny_2_beta_pc_menu_gameplay_options.jpg

I agree with everything else you said though. I was pretty confused most of the time playing it but the performance is good and shooting dudes feels pretty satisfying. I think the beta is intentionally lacking most of the loot elements, but I'm no Destiny expert.

Last night board game week continued with some Armello.  Bah expressed doubt that Armello should count as a board game but it has a hex map and you draw cards and Bah should just shut up and stop bitching.  I played a rat assassin (as in a rat who is an assassin, not someone who assassinates rats), Bah was the same wolf guy he was last time I believe, Fox played Lady Bear and Goose was some drugged up rabbit.  Although Lady Bear propelled me to victory last time and Fox had an early lead, ultimately Goose won by cheating -- by which I mean he actually knew how to play the game.  I stand by my previous feelings that it's not everyday fun but a good game to break out now and again.

Tonight is Mysterium which I suppose someone should play through early but likely no one will.  It also says it's "cooperative" which means we'll spend our time trying to find creative ways to screw one another over.

Last night board game week continued with some Armello. Bah expressed doubt that Armello should count as a board game but it has a hex map and you draw cards and Bah should just shut up and stop bitching. I played a rat assassin (as in a rat who is an assassin, not someone who assassinates rats), Bah was the same wolf guy he was last time I believe, Fox played Lady Bear and Goose was some drugged up rabbit. Although Lady Bear propelled me to victory last time and Fox had an early lead, ultimately Goose won by cheating -- by which I mean he actually knew how to play the game. I stand by my previous feelings that it's not everyday fun but a good game to break out now and again.

Tonight is Mysterium which I suppose someone should play through early but likely no one will. It also says it's "cooperative" which means we'll spend our time trying to find creative ways to screw one another over.
Don't forget that we switched to PUBG afterwards and Bah managed to drive worse than me...again. I wasn't there, but I heard about it.

bread's done
Back