Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
AyoV1hA.png

If somebody is swimming in Gabenbucks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Icey will be bundled, no need for a link. Oh well.

Civ III is free on Humble Store.

Finally, Hide and Shriek shows up in library now, but its not listed as a free weekend. Better grab that while you can just in case.

Yeah, I have a link that I haven't used since I got it.

Not too interested in the game.

I would've thought harder about buying if it were the controller instead... even though I don't play games with controllers so I wouldn't have used that either.

Thanks poxi and Tom, bought that Steam Link despite not really needing it because a) I already have a gaming laptop hooked up to my 50" 4K TV and b) I don't play many games. Those Xbone Controllers are all showing up at $30 near me, wish they had a Softened Cookie + Steam Controller bundle for cheap but I guess that's the next best thing.

Thanks poxi and Tom, bought that Steam Link despite not really needing it because a) I already have a gaming laptop hooked up to my 50" 4K TV and b) I don't play many games. Those Xbone Controllers are all showing up at $30 near me, wish they had a Softened Cookie + Steam Controller bundle for cheap but I guess that's the next best thing.
Welcome to the "Bought but will never use SteamLink Club"....I'd give you 4000 'cheevos for buying that, but it wouldn't be enough for you, would it?...WOULD IT??????

I did the refund for the bundle. The refund request only shows the $7.69

I might be getting an $8.99 Steam Link.

We all know Bah will always finish first and then still eat the cookie because he's greedy.

I remember I tried to convince Reds to buy Hide and Shriek to play with me last year, but the game is best played with a mic so that scared him. That and probably the fact half his purchases were to play with me and I never did. I mistreated Reds and now he's gone...
I'm still around, still waiting to play that one box game you wanted everyone to buy too.

The original Mafia game is now available on GOG. It was removed from steam several years ago.

It's apparently exclusive to GOG. But we all know how this story will end.

EDIT: Apparently they removed the licensed music.
Awesome @ Mafia getting back onto GOG. Hopefully, it gets back onto Steam.

So, I wonder how long it'll be until someone figures out how to mod the great licensed music back into the game.

EDIT:

Looks like a fixed licensed music mod already has been done.

Look here - https://www.gog.com/forum/mafia/tutorial_how_to_restore_the_original_music

I did the refund for the bundle. The refund request only shows the $7.69

I might be getting an $8.99 Steam Link.
I would had waited for the item to actually ship.

___
I'm not sure if i want steam link enough to pay for it.

How decent is the streaming quality? I do have to move my pc during the holiday to play fighting games to co-op games often.

I can easily sell those pubg twitch items and grab it.

I would had waited for the item to actually ship.
___
I'm not sure if i want steam link enough to pay for it.
How decent is the streaming quality? I do have to move my pc during the holiday to play fighting games to co-op games often.

I can easily sell those pubg twitch items and grab it.
It works well for me and I'm actually on wireless. I've used it to stream games and movies.

It works well for me and I'm actually on wireless. I've used it to stream games and movies.
i'll sell off the items and pick it up later tonight then.

Just the fact I won't need to move my pc around the house anymore is enough for me.
Hopefully the wireless is decent enough for me

Edit: Bought the Steam Link, it's the cheapest I've seen it and I've been wanting it since canceling my original pre-order.

​If you know what you're doing, it's actually possible to use the Steam Link to stream your computer's desktop, as well as the Steam TVOS interface. A friend of my mine did that in order to stream videos from his PC to his TV. (better ways to go about doing that these days, but it still worked)

I went ahead and took advantage of this deal, partially because the game seems decent, and partially because of the controller compatibility of the Steam Link. I found out that the Steam Link supports Bluetooth, and is compatible with my collection of 8Bitdo controllers. That will make it doubly useful when it comes time to play Towerfall, Nidhogg, and BroForce on my TV.

​If you know what you're doing, it's actually possible to use the Steam Link to stream your computer's desktop, as well as the Steam TVOS interface. A friend of my mine did that in order to stream videos from his PC to his TV. (better ways to go about doing that these days, but it still worked)

I went ahead and took advantage of this deal, partially because the game seems decent, and partially because of the controller compatibility of the Steam Link. I found out that the Steam Link supports Bluetooth, and is compatible with my collection of 8Bitdo controllers. That will make it doubly useful when it comes time to play Towerfall, Nidhogg, and BroForce on my TV.
It will stream almost anything. All you have to do is add it as a non-Steam game. You can do emulators, stuff like Kodi, etc. Its really easy. Just configure your controller in Big Picture when attached via the Link and G2G.

I ended up getting one myself today. Had one before, but it was useless in my old place. Better in the new place.

I was going to get in on this deal, then I read on the Steam Link page that 2016-2017 Samsung TVs now have a Steam Link app available for free. Just added it to my TV and it works great, very great.

I never grow tired of winning. 

If someone wants, I'll give $4 for Icey if you're in for just the steamlink. 

I've had that game on my wishlist for a while lol

If someone wants, I'll give $4 for Icey if you're in for just the steamlink.

I've had that game on my wishlist for a while lol
You can't gift the game due to it being tied to the bundle.

Just buy the game straight up if you want it right now with it on sale.

Apparently if you log into The Secret World before October 31st, you'll get a free mount (Geist Rider). And so other crap for every day you log in from now til the 31st. 

AyoV1hA.png

If somebody is swimming in Gabenbucks...
How far does this signal go out?

Can its signal go through walls and into other rooms that have HDTV's there?

B/c if it does - then this might be useful for me.

I already have a 25ft cable already connected from my desktop PC to my HDTV within this room. With my laptop normally sitting right next to this desktop PC, I also sometimes move the cable from my desktop PC over to my laptop - so I can go from my laptop to my HDTV (if I want more devices going at once).

I don't have ICEY.

And hmmm, I do wonder how much is shipping?

How far does this signal go out?
Can its signal go through walls and into other rooms that have HDTV's there?
B/c if it does - then this might be useful for me.

I already have a 25ft cable already connected from my desktop PC to my HDTV within this room. With my laptop normally sitting right next to this desktop PC, I also sometimes move the cable from my desktop PC over to my laptop - so I can go from my laptop to my HDTV (if I want more devices going at once).

I don't have ICEY.

And hmmm, I do wonder how much is shipping?
It doesn't send out a signal, it connects to your TV. You can easily move it around the house to whatever TV you want to use.
The signal it receives depends on your wireless signal in the home. Shipping is $7.99.

I guess I gave into the peer pressure. We'll see if the kiddos can mess around with it in the living room via Wi-Fi. Otherwise, I see a wall fish in my future. Worse ways to break a twenty I guess.

bread's done
Back