Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So, should I give up on waiting on Degica games to be cheaper or in a humble bundle? Their sales seems to be the same now

And if anyone played it, would I get hours of entertainment with Senko no Ronde 2?

Well it looks like I didn't get burned by the PC version of Nioh: Complete Edition.  It's not the most in-depth port of a console game, but it runs at a steady 60FPS at 1080p with maxed out settings (minus motion blur since I hate that) on my setup (i7-6700k, GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4, Windows 7) and I haven't had any major crashes or anything yet.  Granted I've only played for a few hours, but yeah everything's been good.  Definitely worth the $32 I spent on it.

Played some of that 38GB Injustice 2 Online Open Beta for an hour or so. Running at 1440p @ 60fps, mostly Medium and High settings, no real online issues of lag or anything of that sort. It's basically Mortal Kombat with instead DC Universe Characters with a few twists & turns to the formula.

It's a blast, from what I played so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has to do with the upcoming Remute poopees, but had to post it here because...

RemuteGermany14:01
so, new humble sucks unfortunately. you can buy this here now.

xgz9nkR.gif

I think right now, the real question is if they are saluting those who bought Turok. 
Bundle of Turok 1 and 2 for 11.23 seems ok, but like with most of Nightdive's stuff requires a heavy dose of nostalgia to even be considered. 

Tried emailing GMG, I kept looking for the link on my phone and could never locate it. It was much easier to find on the desktop site.

Here's hoping they get back to me even. I want my $11.20 in credit!

I think right now, the real question is if they are saluting those who bought Turok.
Bundle of Turok 1 and 2 for 11.23 seems ok, but like with most of Nightdive's stuff requires a heavy dose of nostalgia to even be considered.
Still waiting for those to get bundled, cuz Nightdive. I liked the games back in my N64 days and would probably enjoy playing them again.. but not for $11.23

Still waiting for those to get bundled, cuz Nightdive. I liked the games back in my N64 days and would probably enjoy playing them again.. but not for $11.23
Yeah, I'd probably already have bought the Turok games if i wasn't 100% certain of the inevitability of them getting bundled. Unlike you though, I'd probably be willing to pay $15-20 a piece for them.

So Nightdrive's predictable "bundle everything" strategy is just biting them in the ass. Anybody who has even a little patience, and some familiarity with their history, is gonna wait for their games to hit a bundle.

8 TB WD Easystore External $129.99.  The 8TB Easystores have had a mix of drives in them, these probably have the newer white label drives and nobody seems sure what those are.  I just bought one of these a week ago in the store for $179.00 on sale which bothers me a bit but I know mine has a WD red drive in it at least.  

Keen Dreams  has been placed back up for sale and achievements are back and functional again.

Nightdive Studios seems to be publisher now.

Yeah, I'd probably already have bought the Turok games if i wasn't 100% certain of the inevitability of them getting bundled. Unlike you though, I'd probably be willing to pay $15-20 a piece for them.

So Nightdrive's predictable "bundle everything" strategy is just biting them in the ass. Anybody who has even a little patience, and some familiarity with their history, is gonna wait for their games to hit a bundle.
I'd purchase a lot of games if publishers didn't screw themselves over with the "bundle everything" strategy. Shadow Tactics is a good example, good game that's reasonably well known and tons of favorable reviews but got bundled before it even had a decent sale because Daedalic are morans and bundle everything.

Turok's the same way for me. Both games are worth the $11 for me, but they're devalued due to the publisher so I won't buy them knowing they'll get bundled. There are a few games I'd make exceptions for if I know I'm going to play them right after I buy them but that usually doesn't happen.

Tried emailing GMG, I kept looking for the link on my phone and could never locate it. It was much easier to find on the desktop site.

Here's hoping they get back to me even. I want my $11.20 in credit!
Got $12 in store credit. Thanks to the CAG who bought the new price to my attention and the other who got credit and made me decided to see if I could too.

The sad part is even though I have a ton of GabenBux and have bought shit like "Bloody Boobs" and "Fox Hime" because my Steam "friends" bough them, I will still not pay $5 each for the Turok Games. THIS IS CAG NOT PAFTG (Pay Alot For Turok Games)!!!!

I know this makes me an ass, but I just can't help myself.  The phrase "a lot" consists of two separate words.  "alot' is not a word.  And "allot," while an actual word, does not mean many of a thing.  I really just want to help raise the level of dialog in some insignificant way on the internet, or at least where I spend some portion of my time.

Please resume your contemplation of all things cheap, PUBG, and pizza.

The sad part is even though I have a ton of GabenBux and have bought shit like "Bloody Boobs" and "Fox Hime" because my Steam "friends" bough them, I will still not pay $5 each for the Turok Games. THIS IS CAG NOT PAFTG (Pay Alot For Turok Games)!!!!
Call me crazy but could you not argue that buying 1 or 2 games you like is much better than buying many that barely qualify as games at all?

Every time I come here, I read saddening tales like this... and then someone posts a Coral JPEG :p

8 TB WD Easystore External $129.99. The 8TB Easystores have had a mix of drives in them, these probably have the newer white label drives and nobody seems sure what those are. I just bought one of these a week ago in the store for $179.00 on sale which bothers me a bit but I know mine has a WD red drive in it at least.
Buyer beware with this.

/r/datahoarders reports that these are a new sku (end in NEBB and is only available online) than the ones that have red/white labeled reds (end in NESN and is available in store). AFAIK no one has checked the new sku (it's only been available full price before now) and reported the drive type.

EDIT:

Did you try doing a price match?

Even though the sku is different, you might get lucky.

I've got my eye on the G403. Wired for $35, Wireless for $40. Both seem pretty close to historical lows. Tried it out in store a week or so ago and was happy to find out that it felt comfortable to use and reasonably close to the MX518 that I've been on for ~10 years.

I know this makes me an ass, but I just can't help myself. The phrase "a lot" consists of two separate words. "alot' is not a word. And "allot," while an actual word, does not mean many of a thing. I really just want to help raise the level of dialog in some insignificant way on the internet, or at least where I spend some portion of my time.

im sorry butt this is alot too reed

I know this makes me an ass, but I just can't help myself. The phrase "a lot" consists of two separate words. "alot' is not a word. And "allot," while an actual word, does not mean many of a thing. I really just want to help raise the level of dialog in some insignificant way on the internet, or at least where I spend some portion of my time.

I rally hayte you're faec alllllllot

Call me crazy but could you not argue that buying 1 or 2 games you like is much better than buying many that barely qualify as games at all?

Every time I come here, I read saddening tales like this... and then someone posts a Coral JPEG :p
Sure..but why argue? You could just agree that I'm right....

RITE????

1z0r64.jpg

I'd purchase a lot of games if publishers didn't screw themselves over with the "bundle everything" strategy. Shadow Tactics is a good example, good game that's reasonably well known and tons of favorable reviews but got bundled before it even had a decent sale because Daedalic are morans and bundle everything.

Turok's the same way for me. Both games are worth the $11 for me, but they're devalued due to the publisher so I won't buy them knowing they'll get bundled. There are a few games I'd make exceptions for if I know I'm going to play them right after I buy them but that usually doesn't happen.
Personally, I'm finding bundles less and less appealing. Like IG is all trash, I don't even check IG anymore. Not willing to pay $1 for one game I want that's probably worth .10 at most. Groupees been trash. The only good Bundlestars tend to be pay $3-4 for a game that would be $4-5 at 75% off and then get a ton of other games that aren't bad but you wouldn't have bought otherwise. Humble $1 tier can still be good from time to time, but the BTA and high tiers are never really worth it because I am paying for stuff I wouldn't buy otherwise.

I've settled into being a fakeybro and I'm happy. Now I buy games at 50% off and never play them because PUBG or KF2.

Got $12 in store credit. Thanks to the CAG who bought the new price to my attention and the other who got credit and made me decided to see if I could too.
Who is the girl in your avi and does she know she's a character in KF2?

I have a hard time spending my gabenbux because I can usually find better deals on GMG or GG or some random site or glitch. KF2 cosmetics fixed that for me though and I am happy paying $5 for chicken suits and cardboard box suits and animal heads.

Don't worry, you we're allready alot of an ass b4!

I'm with Carl, but still:

crazy-carl-thumb-200x242-9364-jpg.jpg

I've got my eye on the G403. Wired for $35, Wireless for $40. Both seem pretty close to historical lows. Tried it out in store a week or so ago and was happy to find out that it felt comfortable to use and reasonably close to the MX518 that I've been on for ~10 years.
I actually bought the wired G403 last holiday as a replacement for my MX518 and it does feel remarkably similar. I've been extremely happy with it.

I actually bought the wired G403 last holiday as a replacement for my MX518 and it does feel remarkably similar. I've been extremely happy with it.
What are your thoughts on the braided cable? I've seen alot of people talk about cable drag and that it's too stiff and not flexible enough.

I'm thinking wireless might be the way to go since it's only $5 more and I can always keep it connected if battery life is an issue and the cable isn't a big deal. Not a fan of it only getting ~30 hours and having to remember to recharge it every few days. Id' prefer it used AA batteries like the G603 which can get up to 500 hours of use between replacing/recharging.

I have a hard time spending my gabenbux because I can usually find better deals on GMG or GG or some random site or glitch. KF2 cosmetics fixed that for me though and I am happy paying $5 for chicken suits and cardboard box suits and animal heads.
dont forget crappy masks and neck bolts. Its all about gold moth hats and gold dosh glasses anyway. Nothing else matters.

on KF2, if your get a crap crate drop do you get screwed on your halloween ticket? I played another 2 levels after some dumb crate and got nothing.

You guys actually exceeded my expectations

Sure..but why argue? You could just agree that I'm right....

RITE????

1z0r64.jpg

Personally, I'm finding bundles less and less appealing. Like IG is all trash, I don't even check IG anymore. Not willing to pay $1 for one game I want that's probably worth .10 at most. Groupees been trash. The only good Bundlestars tend to be pay $3-4 for a game that would be $4-5 at 75% off and then get a ton of other games that aren't bad but you wouldn't have bought otherwise. Humble $1 tier can still be good from time to time, but the BTA and high tiers are never really worth it because I am paying for stuff I wouldn't buy otherwise.

I've settled into being a fakeybro and I'm happy. Now I buy games at 50% off and never play them because PUBG or KF2.

Who is the girl in your avi and does she know she's a character in KF2?

Don't worry, you we're allready alot of an ass b4!

I'm with Carl, but still:

crazy-carl-thumb-200x242-9364-jpg.jpg

dont forget crappy masks and neck bolts. Its all about gold moth hats and gold dosh glasses anyway. Nothing else matters.

on KF2, if your get a crap crate drop do you get screwed on your halloween ticket? I played another 2 levels after some dumb crate and got nothing.
Yeah, unfortunately, you only get one item per drop and then you have to wait again. I've gotten USB sticks yesterday and today and screwed out of a ticket. I recycle all my USBs for crafting material. Yesterday I even got impatient and recycled some shitty ski mask so I could have enough crafting material to craft a cosmetic and when I did...I got a second shitty cowboy hat. Sometimes you get lucky and get an actual cosmetic or skin as the drop instead of a shitty usb or crate.

Yeah, unfortunately, you only get one item per drop and then you have to wait again. I've gotten USB sticks yesterday and today and screwed out of a ticket. I recycle all my USBs for crafting material. Yesterday I even got impatient and recycled some shitty ski mask so I could have enough crafting material to craft a cosmetic and when I did...I got a second shitty cowboy hat. Sometimes you get lucky and get an actual cosmetic or skin as the drop instead of a shitty usb or crate.
weaaaaak. I had one of those animal mask crates, looking at the market, even the base masks fetch about what the key costs, So I took the plunge like all the cool kids and got this:

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/232090/Fox%20%7C%20Slaughterhouse%20%7C%20Brown

Yesterday I even got impatient and recycled some shitty ski mask so I could have enough crafting material to craft a cosmetic and when I did...I got a second shitty cowboy hat.
Keep in mind that 1 crate grinds down into one common crafting material and ten common materials = 1 uncommon item. So your item will almost always be pretty unimpressive if you're using your first tier of crate grindings. A lot of ski masks and head bands. Still, it's something to do with them.

Buyer beware with this.

/r/datahoarders reports that these are a new sku (end in NEBB and is only available online) than the ones that have red/white labeled reds (end in NESN and is available in store). AFAIK no one has checked the new sku (it's only been available full price before now) and reported the drive type.

EDIT:

Did you try doing a price match?

Even though the sku is different, you might get lucky.
I'll find out soon enough. It was cheap enough that I decided whatever was in it, I'd use it as WD intended (as an external) as I always have more than one backup of anything important anyway.

I tried earlier on the phone and had no luck. If I am in the area I might try in the store too. Worth the effort for fifty bucks.

What are your thoughts on the braided cable? I've seen alot of people talk about cable drag and that it's too stiff and not flexible enough.
I suppose I could see where those people are coming from, but personally it doesn't bother me cause my G403 is plugged into the USB port on my G710+ keyboard so the majority of the mouse's cable is just lying bunched together on my desk. If I had it plugged into my desktop, though, yeah I suppose the cable's stiffness could be a little annoying.

bread's done
Back