Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
lays makes the best chips

s-l1600.jpg

Thinking about FO4 GOTY - just not sure how it'll run on my PC.

my PC is old (built in 2012). Thinking I may need a second GPU. - or just a new GPU all together.

CPU - i7-2700K (3.5ghz)(4-core)

16GB mem DDR3

Single GPU - Radeon HD 7970 w/ 3gig of ddr5 VRAM.

Crossfire option: Finding a reliable second 7970 or R9 290 is nearly impossible. - I can roll the dice on fleabay for $60-$75

Thinking about FO4 GOTY - just not sure how it'll run on my PC.

my PC is old (built in 2012). Thinking I may need a second GPU. - or just a new GPU all together.

CPU - i7-2700K (3.5ghz)(4-core)
16GB mem DDR3
Single GPU - Radeon HD 7970 w/ 3gig of ddr5 VRAM.

Crossfire option: Finding a reliable second 7970 or R9 290 is nearly impossible. - I can roll the dice on fleabay for $60-$75
I played Fallout 4 on a 7950. You should be fine. Your card is still good.

Looked at some more pics of your case. It looks like the front has pins which means it is removable. You can either pull and hope you dont break said pins or do it like this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_NpHQmmn28

The following are my pics for upcoming humble bundles:

Lisa

Axiom Verge
lol, bought both of these assuming they'd been in past months I missed. Should look into these things more carefully. Or Steam should display a big "WARNING: GAME HAS NOT YET BEEN HUMBLED" on its shop page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked at some more pics of your case. It looks like the front has pins which means it is removable. You can either pull and hope you dont break said pins or do it like this video.
That may or may not work. I'll take another look after I get home. I'm not going to do anything that has a significant chance of breaking it.

lol, bought both of these assuming they'd been in past months I missed. Should look into these things more carefully. Or Steam should display a big "WARNING: GAME HAS NOT YET BEEN HUMBLED" on its shop page.
If you are concerned about this, check isthereanydeal.com to see if the game has been bundled or has been cheaper or is cheaper at a different site. If you want to play now vs waiting for a bundle, then enjoy the game. Most of us are hoarders that have backlogs that are illogical.

That may or may not work. I'll take another look after I get home. I'm not going to do anything that has a significant chance of breaking it.
This article seems to show that the front panel is removable, so in theory you should be able to tug it off by grabbing at the bottom. Can't tell for certain, but you may have to remove the front case fan to get access to the drive cage. Whoever designed this case deserves a punch in the solar plexus for making this way more complicated than necessary.

This article seems to show that the front panel is removable, so in theory you should be able to tug it off by grabbing at the bottom. Can't tell for certain, but you may have to remove the front case fan to get access to the drive cage. Whoever designed this case deserves a punch in the solar plexus for making this way more complicated than necessary.
Nice find. The manufacturer's website has no useful information beyond the usual marketing drivel. This is literally the most informative thing I've seen on the internet about this case. I see that I will need to do a significant amount of additional research on cases if I'm ever in a position to build another system. As much of a PITA as this has proven to be, I'll probably just end up buying pre-builts and making minor tweaks from here on out. As Danny Glover famously said, "I'm getting too old for this sh*t!"

Good find. I was looking for an article like that and didn't see it. Be careful if you choose to just pull it though. I have busted those pins doing that. 

The following are my pics for upcoming humble bundles:

Lisa

Hiveswap: Act 1

Crypt of the NecroDancer

Depth

Rogue Legacy

Amnesia: Memories

Transistor

Axiom Verge

Tacoma

Diluvion

*pretty much any that was in the Yogscast

For headlining humble monthly

Metal Gear Solid V: The phantom pain

Ori and the Blind Forest

Darkest Dungeon

Just Cause 3

Subnautica

Torment: Tides of Numenera (already mentioned by Spoder)

State of Decay Year one

Dying Light

Please tell me what games you think are destined for bundling soon. I was surprised to see Quantum Break headlining. I can say that based on Divinity Original Sin, I would not expect bundling or sub $30 in 2018 of Divinity Original Sin 2. If you are into quality VNs, my wish bundle would be a Spike Chunsoft bundle, but I cannot see that happening.
I was pretty surprised to see three prominent headliners for the current monthly. Long Dark, especially, had a massive buzz/hype surrounding it. I agree with most of your potential candidates for monthly headliners. Other possibilities are Dead Rising 3 or 4, Dark Souls 3 (base game only), Tyranny, and Deus Ex: MD,

Yeah the unlocks for this month are very likely to blow. Got my charge today. Pretty much any game over a year old, or that bombed commercially, or are old hat (like H1Z1) are likely to be headliners and lesser prominent games will be the unlocks.

Things I feel will be bundled soon enough likely by Humble:

- TiTs2...or that Xanadu Next game

- Binding of Issac Rebirth (without Afterbirth of course)

- Endless Space 2

Who knows really, but it will likely be older games.

I was pretty surprised to see three prominent headliners for the current monthly. Long Dark, especially, had a massive buzz/hype surrounding it. I agree with most of your potential candidates for monthly headliners. Other possibilities are Dead Rising 3 or 4, Dark Souls 3 (base game only), Tyranny, and Deus Ex: MD,
Dead Rising 3 has already been in at least one standard Humble Capcom Bundle, I can't imagine they'd recycle it as a Humble Monthly headliner (maybe as one of the mystery games you receive when it unlocks though).

I was thinking deus ex md was a prime candidate for heading up a monthly and it never happened so I bought the deus ex franchise this steam sale. Won't surprise me at all if it headlines one of the next monthlies.

I really liked the Guacamole Doritos back in the day.  Also the Habanero flavor.

Best flavor I had recently was Wasabi, but I only found them once.

Nice find. The manufacturer's website has no useful information beyond the usual marketing drivel. This is literally the most informative thing I've seen on the internet about this case. I see that I will need to do a significant amount of additional research on cases if I'm ever in a position to build another system. As much of a PITA as this has proven to be, I'll probably just end up buying pre-builts and making minor tweaks from here on out. As Danny Glover famously said, "I'm getting too old for this sh*t!"
From what I see in pictures, it looks like the drives are to sit on small shelf points at the corners. Two screws from one side is probably enough to keep the drive stable but if you can take off the front bezel and screw in the other side, all the better. As for cases, look at Fractal Design's stuff or some of Corsair's line. Long experience has taught me that spending $50-60 minimum will make building/maintenence easier. The best setups are mounting trays with rubber washers to dampen vibration.

Yeah the unlocks for this month are very likely to blow. Got my charge today. Pretty much any game over a year old, or that bombed commercially, or are old hat (like H1Z1) are likely to be headliners and lesser prominent games will be the unlocks.

Things I feel will be bundled soon enough likely by Humble:

- TiTs2...or that Xanadu Next game
- Binding of Issac Rebirth (without Afterbirth of course)
- Endless Space 2

Who knows really, but it will likely be older games.
No way TiTs2 will be bundled anytime soon, they've been extremely stingy with discounts.. they never discount it more than 35% off on steam. I think they bundled the first game with the hope that people would buy the second and third
I was thinking deus ex md was a prime candidate for heading up a monthly and it never happened so I bought the deus ex franchise this steam sale. Won't surprise me at all if it headlines one of the next monthlies.
Hasn't been bundled yet cuz there haven't been any Square Enix bundles lately and at this point it'd make a weak monthly headliner. I expect there to be a Square Enix bundle early into 2018 though, and I'm sure Deus Ex MD will be included but maybe not the season pass.

How come Doritos hasn't been able to make any good flavors since nacho cheese and cool ranch?
doritos-spicy-sweet-chili.png

These are the best Doritios since the orignal Nacho. Mostly because my twins are allergic to dairy (anaphalaxis) and these are the only flavor of Doritos that dont contain dairy. They happen to also be pretty good so, bonus!

Thought about being Deus Ex MD and not playing in the event it comes up in a Humble Monthly... but then again chances are it'll be the same price or even cheaper during some mid-week/weekend promo another three or four times in the next few months.

Anyone have any feedback for Winter Voices? I am not so worried about the $2 investment as I am with my time. There seems to be a polarizing opinion on Steam as to whether or not it is good. There are more than a few mentions of crashes and bugs, which I am worried about the most.

No way TiTs2 will be bundled anytime soon, they've been extremely stingy with discounts.. they never discount it more than 35% off on steam. I think they bundled the first game with the hope that people would buy the second and third
Hasn't been bundled yet cuz there haven't been any Square Enix bundles lately and at this point it'd make a weak monthly headliner. I expect there to be a Square Enix bundle early into 2018 though, and I'm sure Deus Ex MD will be included but maybe not the season pass.
whew, I paid good money for my TiTs 2.

I'm pretty sure the first tits had meager discounts before being monthlied.

Anyone have any feedback for Winter Voices? I am not so worried about the $2 investment as I am with my time. There seems to be a polarizing opinion on Steam as to whether or not it is good. There are more than a few mentions of crashes and bugs, which I am worried about the most.
It was a game I really wanted to like. Story seemed cool and the style was interesting. I finally gave up on it though because the walking speed is so. damn. slow. Want to explore even a little? Prepare for like a 5 minute trek across a map. If the game was super linear maybe not the biggest issue but if you want to backtrack at all (or heaven forbid you miss something) prepare to mash your mouse button in rage.

Half my wishlist is filled with those premium bundle games that you just know will be in a BTA tier or a monthly eventually, like:

- Planet Coaster

- Little Nightmares

- Hollow Knight

- Dead Cells

- What Remains of Edith Finch

I imagine I'll be waiting quite a while for a few of those.

doritos-spicy-sweet-chili.png

These are the best Doritios since the orignal Nacho. Mostly because my twins are allergic to dairy (anaphalaxis) and these are the only flavor of Doritos that dont contain dairy. They happen to also be pretty good so, bonus!
Was about to contribute this flavor to the discussion. Doing the work of the Lord.

I'm pretty sure the first tits had meager discounts before being monthlied.
Nah, the first dropped to 50% off before it got monthlied. That may be meager to us but it's decent for most XSEED games. TITS2 hasn't even gotten to 50% off (except for GOG maybe, but I'm not counting that). That, and TITS1 has the lowest MSRP, its the cheapest game in general.

I played the first episode, and it was super unique. I really liked the story and got the season pass when it went on sale (before being bundled). I didn't play it after that though heh. I thought it was pretty unique though and played alright at least.

Thanks for the reminder.

I saw two new deus ex titles are suppose to pop up on steam in the front half of next year so that bundle that has the newest game, the mobile game, plus season pass for like ten bucks (I think most of us have the rest of the bundle) is likely going to have a spike in cost for the next few sales.)

Thanks for the reminder.

I saw two new deus ex titles are suppose to pop up on steam in the front half of next year so that bundle that has the newest game, the mobile game, plus season pass for like ten bucks (I think most of us have the rest of the bundle) is likely going to have a spike in cost for the next few sales.)
Wait, two new Deus Ex titles next year? Where did you hear about this?

A while back someone (rcsample I think) asked about sci-fi show recommendations.

I just remembered (because the new season is out) about Travelers on Netflix. 

It has time travel.  I like it... but I like everything time travel.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99LZwZmSoNo

EDIT:

It's from a guy behind the Stargate shows.

A while back someone (rcsample I think) asked about sci-fi show recommendations.

I just remembered (because the new season is out) about Travelers on Netflix.
It has time travel. I like it... but I like everything time travel.

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99LZwZmSoNo

EDIT:
It's from a guy behind the Stargate shows.
I'm surprised that got a second season tbh. It's a decent show but it really flew under the radar.

Pretty much any game at this point can make an appearance as an early unlock. As people said before, those bomba games should have priority such as Torment Numenera or Street Fighter V.

Just exclude certain niche title like Divinity 1 and such and it's done.

Wait, two new Deus Ex titles next year? Where did you hear about this?
Discovery Queue. It was all crap like VR or something like that that no one would really want. I'm only seeing a F2P already released when I search now... I guess that's possibly what I saw. I have been doing large doses of cold medicine of late. I guess it could have been anything.

I was surprised too. Granted, I don't really look for discussion about tv shows, but I never saw anyone mention the show.
I almost always avoid serious discussions on TV shows cause I really dislike spoilers... That said I rather enjoy sci fi and time travel shows and I own Netflix so I will have to look that one up... (I seem to rarely watch Netflix's own stuff outside of a few Marvel shows and Longmire, but, hell, I was watching Longmire before it was saved from cancellation.)

Anyhow, favorite "current" time travel show is 12 Monkeys. Historic would be Fringe and Quantum Leap.

And I guess since we are on the subject and it airs on "Syfy" anyone watching Happy!? I'm shocked at how much I enjoy it, truth be told, but damn Christopher Meloni is brilliant in it.

I almost always avoid serious discussions on TV shows cause I really dislike spoilers... That said I rather enjoy sci fi and time travel shows and I own Netflix so I will have to look that one up... (I seem to rarely watch Netflix's own stuff outside of a few Marvel shows and Longmire, but, hell, I was watching Longmire before it was saved from cancellation.)

Anyhow, favorite "current" time travel show is 12 Monkeys. Historic would be Fringe and Quantum Leap.

And I guess since we are on the subject and it airs on "Syfy" anyone watching Happy!? I'm shocked at how much I enjoy it, truth be told, but damn Christopher Meloni is brilliant in it.
Make sure you catch Counterpart on Starz with J.K. Simmons. I caught an early preview (of Episode 1, in full) on Starz recently. I want more; it was a very good, especially for an Episode 1.

It's basically sci-fi / spy / thriller. Basically, there's a multi-verse. Versions of each other from different universes are either trying to help each other out; or actually one from one universe is trying to replace the other.

EDIT:

Thanks for the reminder.

This better be a sequel to Mankind Divided. That game needs a real conclusion...since it feels like a whole chapter, game, story arc, and/or something is entirely missing there.

I was surprised too. Granted, I don't really look for discussion about tv shows, but I never saw anyone mention the show.
I used to read the IMDB forums but they decided to shut those down cuz apparently there was too much drama/trolling/fighting or some shit. I gave up on TV/movie forums after that. Thx IMDB.

It was a good source for information but now all imdb is good for is ratings at a glance or watching the occasional trailer. Meh

I almost always avoid serious discussions on TV shows cause I really dislike spoilers...
I'm the same way.

I've gotten annoyed with people saying "omg so sad" about a show because that's a spoiler to me.

Actual Game of Thrones spoiler (from 2 seasons ago, but still).

I had the big Hodor reveal/death spoiled because some idiot said something like "I'm not going to spoil GoT, but 'Hold the door' so sad".

I used to read the IMDB forums but they decided to shut those down cuz apparently there was too much drama/trolling/fighting or some shit. I gave up on TV/movie forums after that. Thx IMDB.

It was a good source for information but now all imdb is good for is ratings at a glance or watching the occasional trailer. Meh
I used to read IMDB forums for movies. For some things, it was the only place to find people talking about it.

The IMDB forum made me think of this movie The Dark Hours.

It's a psychological thriller and I thought it was really good.

Random question for the bros., how do you all dispose of your old hard drives? I've been replacing HDDs for so long and just chucking them into a box to be dealt with "later", but now "later" has come and I'm sick of looking at them. I'm half tempted to just recycle them as is, but I know that's not right. I know I should either physically or electronically destry them, but short of a hammer, not sure what to use. Suggestions.

I really wish I still had access to the huge electromagnet we used to erase cassettes in the radio survey place were I used to work.

I almost always avoid serious discussions on TV shows cause I really dislike spoilers... That said I rather enjoy sci fi and time travel shows and I own Netflix so I will have to look that one up...
Why are you hanging out on a site called CheapAssGamer if you are rich enough to own Netflix?

Why are you hanging out on a site called CheapAssGamer if you are rich enough to own Netflix?
Eh, it isn't named BrokeAssGamer. Most of us probably "own" Netflix via retirement funds or ETF. Or they just pay $10/mo to "have" Netflix =D.

Random question for the bros., how do you all dispose of your old hard drives? I've been replacing HDDs for so long and just chucking them into a box to be dealt with "later", but now "later" has come and I'm sick of looking at them. I'm half tempted to just recycle them as is, but I know that's not right. I know I should either physically or electronically destry them, but short of a hammer, not sure what to use. Suggestions.

I really wish I still had access to the huge electromagnet we used to erase cassettes in the radio survey place were I used to work.
You could use a drill and drill multiple holes into the drive and then smash the fuck out of it.

You may live in an area that has shredding services/companies. Typically a couple times a year there may be a free shredding day. The industrial shredders can and do shred hard drives.

Signed up for this weird Voidu thing.. only to be told in checkout they were out of keys.  (Sword Coast Legends, they're pulling it tomm) So I went over to the dev website paid a buck more but feel less dirty about it.  You'd think Steam'd keep this puppy for sale but instead want 20 bucks.  No thanks.  I don't think they understand how sales work.

bread's done
Back