Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Random question for the bros., how do you all dispose of your old hard drives? I've been replacing HDDs for so long and just chucking them into a box to be dealt with "later", but now "later" has come and I'm sick of looking at them. I'm half tempted to just recycle them as is, but I know that's not right. I know I should either physically or electronically destry them, but short of a hammer, not sure what to use. Suggestions.

I really wish I still had access to the huge electromagnet we used to erase cassettes in the radio survey place were I used to work.
I never disposed of any, but I've taken a few apart after they completely failed.

I figure I'd sell the boards as scrap PCB and the cases/etc as scrap aluminum.

Not sure what I'd do with the platters, but by that point, I don't think there would be any data on the drives outside of "legally available DRM free video". Nothing I'd worry about someone recovering.

Random question for the bros., how do you all dispose of your old hard drives? I've been replacing HDDs for so long and just chucking them into a box to be dealt with "later", but now "later" has come and I'm sick of looking at them. I'm half tempted to just recycle them as is, but I know that's not right. I know I should either physically or electronically destry them, but short of a hammer, not sure what to use. Suggestions.

I really wish I still had access to the huge electromagnet we used to erase cassettes in the radio survey place were I used to work.
I do a regular ole wipedown like Elliot does.

dHXP3FO.gif

Signed up for this weird Voidu thing.. only to be told in checkout they were out of keys. (Sword Coast Legends, they're pulling it tomm) So I went over to the dev website paid a buck more but feel less dirty about it. You'd think Steam'd keep this puppy for sale but instead want 20 bucks. No thanks. I don't think they understand how sales work.
Well I did post that they were out of stock.. Voidu's site sucks and doesn't tell you shit on the product page. I think the deluxe edition might be in stock but I'm too lazy to check.
Why are you hanging out on a site called CheapAssGamer if you are rich enough to own Netflix?
How are you not in jail after running over everyone with grocery carts? Shouldn't you be on CriminalAssGamer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammer and power tools work, or sanding or otherwise scratching the platters to make them not spin. You can also use some neodymium magnets from the hardware store to wipe the data.

Sledgehammer works nicely for an old hard drive.  Good way to let off steam too, scream and curse at the drive for greater enjoyment of the process.  Might help you avoid future disagreements with your neighbors too if they think you are a psycho.

I keep looking at the Steam homepage like something is going to pop out and convince me to actually use some of my Steam wallet. 

The fuck are you guys putting on your harddrives that you need a sledgehammer to dispose of them.
In the Navy? Material the government believes unauthorized disclosure of could reasonably be expected to cause serious damage to the national security... and it only gets worse from there. (The above is basically the definition of Secert.)

In my personal life..? Likely just my tax returns.

In the Navy? Material the government believes unauthorized disclosure of could reasonably be expected to cause serious damage to the national security... and it only gets worse from there. (The above is basically the definition of Secert.)

In my personal life..? Likely just my tax returns.
Coming from my Navy days.. we had a large electro magnet for that purpose. Well, to be fair, it was mostly used to Degauss our TV screens because Radar plays havoc.

In my civilian days, I don't sweat whats on my harddrive. A simple 5-7 format utility and I chuck'm.

From what I see in pictures, it looks like the drives are to sit on small shelf points at the corners. Two screws from one side is probably enough to keep the drive stable but if you can take off the front bezel and screw in the other side, all the better. As for cases, look at Fractal Design's stuff or some of Corsair's line. Long experience has taught me that spending $50-60 minimum will make building/maintenence easier. The best setups are mounting trays with rubber washers to dampen vibration.
For whatever reason, this was the only way I could get this drive to fit. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the front panel completely off, although I did see the attachment points and was partially successful (got 4 of 6 loose). I'm hoping that it's sufficiently stable as is. I finished putting it together and spent several hours fighting with getting the OS installed (I goofed up and installed Windows 10 directly instead of installing Windows 8 and then 10 on top of that and had all manner of key issues). Now things are up and running and I'm pretty happy with the performance of the GTX 1050 TI card; I know it's not remotely top-of-the-line, but this system is a massive step up from my old rig.

We have a charidee computer recycling place that takes old systems and peripherals, wipes them and repurposes them. It's where I'm taking my old computer next week.

Coming from my Navy days.. we had a large electro magnet for that purpose. Well, to be fair, it was mostly used to Degauss our TV screens because Radar plays havoc.
That was an option, the most likely used option, but as you know the military firmly believes in redundancy and plans relentlessly for stuff to go sideways so there are giant sledgehammers in Radio and other locations with highly classified gear to break things if the ship ls going to be lost lost. (Aka sinking or boarding party)

really? what if u were in the Army or National Guard?
The burial at sea comment? There's no real great way to put this... The ocean is viewed as a garbage can once you get to international waters because no one really owns it and no one can sue you for dumping trash into it and trash just builds up way too quickly to try to hold it on the ship for the entire voyage.

So I would assume as soon as the drivers would be rendered destroyed and unrecoverable they can likely chuck them into the trash... but like I said thats an assumption as the Navy did hold onto broken/destroyed hard drives in port till they where out to sea and could dump them over the side. (aka its not the extra barrier that was required.)

destroy-computer-hard-drive-hammer.jpg

The fuck are you guys putting on your harddrives that you need a sledgehammer to dispose of them.
1215434694571.jpg._roflposters.com_.myspace.jpg

So I'm like 39 cards into the winter sale badge without getting one "No Apologies" Card...  Is there anyone willing/wanting to trade cards before they sale them off?

So having a baby really takes it out of you. I finally caught up on all the posts from the past several days and saw Sword Coast Legends mentioned several times. I don't have enough wallet right now to pick it up but if anyone could grab an extra cheap copy for me before it is delisted, I'd be eternally grateful. Obviously no worries if not, I'm not exactly looking to play much right now (sleeping when possible is the priority) but I was hoping to snag it before it goes bye bye. Regardless, thanks all for the help and for the entertainment at feeding time, lol.

Who needs a steam sale when you can have free GAMEZ

stealth 2
C4DT4-2I06C-664KI

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
JAEKI-20QLK-IB0EG

Street Racing Syndicate
T3ZB4-20K5E-IQ3VB

Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ
XI5TN-GCK3L-0KXYL

DmC: Devil May Cry 
7XTNI-AGF55-2KJ27

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record 
94DRQ-XITNN-EAPM7

Betrayer
AYG5J-AM6CQ-5QM4L

System Shock 2
I034J-4VLXZ-6P5LJ

Dino D-Day
79YD7-EKP50-85HP3

Zeno Clash
I59PD-PTNBR-I3HEJ

stealth 2
C4DT4-2I06C-664KI

JAEKI-20QLK-IB0EG

Street Racing Syndicate
T3ZB4-20K5E-IQ3VB

XI5TN-GCK3L-0KXYL

7XTNI-AGF55-2KJ27

94DRQ-XITNN-EAPM7

Betrayer
AYG5J-AM6CQ-5QM4L

System Shock 2
I034J-4VLXZ-6P5LJ

Dino D-Day
79YD7-EKP50-85HP3

Zeno Clash
I59PD-PTNBR-I3HEJ
Thanks, I took:

stealth 2
C4DT4-2I06C-664KI

stealth 2
C4DT4-2I06C-664KI

JAEKI-20QLK-IB0EG

Street Racing Syndicate
T3ZB4-20K5E-IQ3VB

XI5TN-GCK3L-0KXYL

7XTNI-AGF55-2KJ27

94DRQ-XITNN-EAPM7

Betrayer
AYG5J-AM6CQ-5QM4L

System Shock 2
I034J-4VLXZ-6P5LJ

Dino D-Day
79YD7-EKP50-85HP3

Zeno Clash
I59PD-PTNBR-I3HEJ
Thanks,I took this one

Dino D-Day

79YD7-EKP50-85HP3

It was a game I really wanted to like. Story seemed cool and the style was interesting. I finally gave up on it though because the walking speed is so. damn. slow. Want to explore even a little? Prepare for like a 5 minute trek across a map. If the game was super linear maybe not the biggest issue but if you want to backtrack at all (or heaven forbid you miss something) prepare to mash your mouse button in rage.

I played the first episode, and it was super unique. I really liked the story and got the season pass when it went on sale (before being bundled). I didn't play it after that though heh. I thought it was pretty unique though and played alright at least.
Thanks to you both for the feedback on Winter Voices. I decided to listen to the naysayers. Even though its not the worst feedback, it seems like it would be slightly aggravating and with none of us really hurting for games to play, I could put my few gaming hours into a better game.

Just in general, I have been out of the Steam game for a few years, and while I have a super weak PC at the moment, I am always down for some good indie games that won't tax my PC. Anyone have any recommendations of something good, cheap and friendly towards a poor man's PC?

I tried to buy a Dishonored that was locked to Dishonored 2, so that's almost certainly what it is.

Va-11-halla (or whatever vanity spelling) booster packs have a couple $1.21 buy orders (or the sell price is at 1.40 or so) if anyone is looking to turn some gems into wallet. If you buy the gems, the booster will have the market hold, so I wouldn't recommend unless you have some gems already stockpiled and can sell now.

Although if the booster price holds, it's a slight moneymaker with purchasing sacks of gems, but it costs 1200 to craft and you can only do 1 per day, so not really worth the effort and the risk of the price taking a hit IMO.

Huniepop. The answer is always Huniepop.
Speaking of Huniepop the most recent character reveal for Huniepop 2 is a returning character from the first Huniepop (Jessie). Her storyline sounds a little depressing, though.

https://twitter.com/HuniePotDev/status/940681176120942592

Also it's apparently gonna take place 4 years after the first Huniepop.

Here's some private SteamGifts giveaways for the new year:

Chroma Squad

Jotun***

Else Heart.Break()***
Marooners
Cortex Command
Jurassic Park Telltale
Steamworld Heist
Neon Chrome
Nongunz
Galactic Civ II Ultimate
Toybox Turbos

And here's Wuppo, which won't pull up on SG: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ZXMNDdbX3VNFprYN

Not sure it's possible to own the base game and not have this, but here's Vanguard Princess Director's Cut DLC: 7KXJK-8J9IR-ZNI0T

***After a day these 2 have no entries, so I'm posting them elsewhere. You can still enter, but the chances may be worse. I'm not reposting any of the other links even if they only have 1 or 2 entries.

bread's done
Back