Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The same was said about the Nintendo Switch, handheld, 5 hour battery life, handheld's were supposedly a thing of the past and the PS Vita proved that. And here we are 9 months later and 10 million units sold. Never count out Nintendo and I don't even own the Nintendo Switch.
You obviously don't own a Switch. Because at lowest brightness, it lasts ~2 hours on Zelda, or ~3 hours on a less intensive game.

There is a sale on Microsoft Flight Sim X. Now if you want all 234 DLCs, it only costs $3,477.36 (plus tax if applicable).

Hope this helps.

Train Sim 2018's 422 are down to $6,305.78.

This is a great deal compared to buying an actual plane or train. Way cheaper... I think? It is cheaper, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night, the Bros played ATV: Stupid Racing Shit although I wish we hadn't.  The keyboard control scheme was designed by throwing a handful of pebbles at a keyboard and figuring whatever keys got hit were the ones they would use.  Rebinding the keys was a chore with the poorly designed interface.  "Ah HA!" you say, "But why would you use a keyboard for a racing game?"  First off, screw you that's why.  Secondly, the point is that if you're going to have keyboard controls, even if the input device isn't optimal, put some God damn basic sense into designing them.  Third of all, once we started racing everyone except Link raced for shit so apparently the controller input wasn't any better (or arguably worse if I was outracing Spoder with my keyboard).

Link either designed the game or was hacking.

Anyway, the graphics were mediocre, the game modes were the same old stuff and we kept seeing the same stupid map over and over 90% of the time.  We spent most of our time falling off the map and getting penalties for unexplained reasons.   I stuck around long enough for us to get an achievement for having ten players in a race (this is apparently something rare enough to qualify as an achievement in this game) and then it turns out that nearly 5% of the players have the achievement, probably because the player base of the game over its lifespan was fifty people.  Then I left and people complained and then, five minutes later, all saw me for the visionary I was and they left as well.  fuck that game.

Keyboard controls nearly always suck in racing games. I don't think devs expect people to use keyboard, yet people always complain about it in reviews.

Also, it was Link that was winning all of the races, I think. Most of us weren't using the "boost" properly, so that's mostly why. Though the handling is much worse with ATVs than I remember it being in Moto Racer 4 (which is the same game but with motorcycles)

Keyboard controls nearly always suck in racing games. I don't think devs expect people to use keyboard, yet people always complain about it in reviews.
That should be a clue to the devs, yo. Anyway, in this case it was less "The game doesn't control well using the keyboard" and more "Who the everlasting ballcock designed this layout?"

Maybe Volt won the first race and I imprinted on his name like a duckling. Or maybe I'm just shit at remembering details. Corrected, in any event.

To be fair, I wouldn't touch a racing game if I was forced to use keyboard. The only games I'll drive with a keyboard/mouse are GTA/Saints Row, or any open world games that aren't pure driving. You have a point though, the default bindings are shit and they put close to no effort into them. I wasn't expecting much out of it anyway, it's all just one big rehash of Moto Racer 4, which I think was the better game.. as generic as it is.

Glad I dodged that turd,   I hate racing games anyway.  That key was sitting there like free candy but I denied its allure.  Sitting there like jelly belly,  is it strawberry?  watermelon?  nope,  It taste like a wet paper bag.

Yeah, that Unbox price was so solid I bought the game despite apparently already owning it. Have at it:

MRQPH-AFNM0-Q9BN8
Thanks! was able to grab this and somehow didn't have it.

Weird how Dreambreak is so much more expensive than anything else in the loose change sale, that for less than a dollar and I'd probably bite on it.

I finally missed a day on chronogg.

I guess I'm done for good now.
I don't know how you guys can remain interested in collecting coins for so long. I think I gave up after a month. chrono.gg will be dead before you find anything good to spend the coins on

virtual-coins.jpg

Do any of you regulars want a $50 Steam code for $40? I hate to have to go post it in the cesspool. 

Last night, the Bros played ATV: Stupid Racing Shit although I wish we hadn't. The keyboard control scheme was designed by throwing a handful of pebbles at a keyboard and figuring whatever keys got hit were the ones they would use. Rebinding the keys was a chore with the poorly designed interface. "Ah HA!" you say, "But why would you use a keyboard for a racing game?" First off, screw you that's why. Secondly, the point is that if you're going to have keyboard controls, even if the input device isn't optimal, put some God damn basic sense into designing them. Third of all, once we started racing everyone except Link raced for shit so apparently the controller input wasn't any better (or arguably worse if I was outracing Spoder with my keyboard).

Link either designed the game or was hacking.

Anyway, the graphics were mediocre, the game modes were the same old stuff and we kept seeing the same stupid map over and over 90% of the time. We spent most of our time falling off the map and getting penalties for unexplained reasons. I stuck around long enough for us to get an achievement for having ten players in a race (this is apparently something rare enough to qualify as an achievement in this game) and then it turns out that nearly 5% of the players have the achievement, probably because the player base of the game over its lifespan was fifty people. Then I left and people complained and then, five minutes later, all saw me for the visionary I was and they left as well. fuck that game.
Does it have gamepad support? If it does - how does it play like a gamepad?

That's how I play all racing games - it's just much quicker, faster & responsive for shifting gears; breaking; hitting the gas; using angles on the D-pad or analog stick especially for drifting and going around corners; or whatever.

You know, I certainly wouldn't use a KB/mouse for a fighting game like say Mortal Kombat, you know?

I definitely play Dark Souls with a gamepad. Who plays an extremely precise control-style game like that w/ a KB/mouse?

Some certain game types just play like garbage normally w/ certain control methods.

Does it have gamepad support? If it does - how does it play like a gamepad?
Who cares? That wasn't the point. I wasn't saying "The game failed to provide a precise turning radius using the keyboard", I said "The keyboard control layout was seemingly chosen either at random or by a madman."

Although, given that everyone was falling off the map all the time, I'm guessing the answer is: Like shit.

It's either play a shity racing game or watch someone else play a shity racing game on Twitch, and we all know how lame it is to watch someone else play a video game on Twitch!
Yeah, I watch my shitty racing games on YouTube....LIKE A MAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pDgZ2m2Vds

Yeah, I watch my shitty racing games on YouTube....LIKE A MAN!
PFFT, real men watch them on Gamespot TV from outside their ex's windows and shout suggestions of what to watch next until the police arrive.

...you guys do that too, right?

Who cares? That wasn't the point. I wasn't saying "The game failed to provide a precise turning radius using the keyboard", I said "The keyboard control layout was seemingly chosen either at random or by a madman."

Although, given that everyone was falling off the map all the time, I'm guessing the answer is: Like shit.
I remember back when Resi Evil 4 PC (retail version) came out. KB-mouse controls, you'd think, in a third-person shooter would be decent - like that of Max Payne series. Horrible. It was better off using the actual gamepad b/c they so botched the controls badly with no mouse support and that you're stuck w/ cursors for aiming. WTF?

It was just much easier to play with a gamepad, since it was a console game first and since they screwed-up the PC KB-mouse controls.

Turning in any game w/ the keyboard, especially in a fast racing game - yeah, it normally won't be good. Hitting two WSAD or cursors keys is just going to be awkward, whereas on a gamepad you can hit angles w/ ease.

So, what's next? Gonna play a real time strategy game that uses tons of hotkeys on the keyboard with a very limited button-based gamepad?

bread's done
Back