Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
5 year long alpha, yea, thats what EA is for.............

too bad valve loves money so much or maybe they would do something about shenanigans like these
Alternatively, maybe gamers should stop buying EA games (love it when words works with double meaning).

Then companies would stop these shenanigans because they don't make money.

In related news, Domino's released a statement today saying they will now be increasing the price of pizza and that all the ingredients will be delivered but it will arrive uncooked

Alternatively, maybe gamers should stop buying EA games (love it when words works with double meaning).
Ironically, the only time Rust was worth playing was in the beginning when the concept was new and killing a guy with a rock for his pants was still fun. After that, the concept stalled and other survival genre games passed them by.

Then companies would stop these shenanigans because they don't make money.
Thats fine for us and people that pay attention. The vast majority of gamers are casual though. They hop on steam, see something that looks interesting, and then take note that its EA so they probably realize it will change. However they still probably believe that a game would be finished in 5 damn years, and that the largest digital distributor of games for the pc might have their backs

Its really up to valve to do some enforcement for what comprises the largest amount of their customer base

From what I read here review and tech wise, I’m hoping you can help me out

Mid ranged headphones

Im looking for a good headphone around 50/60. Obviously more expensive is better but this is my first set so I figure I’m going for a good starter set.

I read this price turtle beach are absolute crap.

I was told that Astro A10 was amazing for this price range and the detachable cord is great because cord is usually first part to go and easier to replace.

Any help /opinions?

Mid ranged headphones

Im looking for a good headphone around 50/60. Obviously more expensive is better but this is my first set so I figure I’m going for a good starter set.

I was told that Astro A10 was amazing for this price range and the detachable cord is great because cord is usually first part to go and easier to replace.

Any help /opinions?
You meant headset? Because Astro A10 is a headset not a headphone. Anyway if its a headset you need you could check HyperX Cloud Stinger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mid ranged headphones

Any help /opinions?
Just get real headphones with a detachable mic

Currently using Philips sph9500s with V-MODA BoomPro Microphone. Alternatively if you already have a headphone with a detachable cord, you could just get the V-MODA mic.

Pretty impressed with the SPH9500s (open-backed if that matter) for the money and its pretty well-reviewed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aipXii-qWiQ

Currently using Philips sph9500s with V-MODA BoomPro Microphone. Alternatively if you already have a headphone with a detachable cord, you could just get the V-MODA mic.

Pretty impressed with the SPH9500s (open-backed if that matter) for the money and its pretty well-reviewed
Thanks. So what’s the big deal about having a detachable mic?

The mics that come with headsets are usually of worse quality than buying headphones and getting a mic separately. It's not always the case though, there are some good headsets that have decent mics.. notable ones being from the HyperX series and the Seinnheiser Game One.

Coming from experience, Astro mics suck balls, and I personally avoid their headsets due to quality control/build quality issues.. but I know some people swear by them.

Haven't heard about V-MODA mic, but people like ModMic a lot. It's also expensive as trump.

As Volken said, headphones + mic is a superior combo than just a headset.

Haven't heard about V-MODA mic, but people like ModMic a lot. It's also expensive as trump.

As Volken said, headphones + mic is a superior combo than just a headset.
I've used both; the boompro is superior.

To get good sound out of the modmic, you need to use a usb soundcard thingy (that they sell on their site now). The modmic is more versatile because it works with any headphones, but headphones with a detachable cord like the phillips are best off with the boompro.

Like just about anything else, when you buy a product that comes by itself and spend decent $ on it - it's usually a lot better than a product that does 2-in-1 or multiple things.

For headphones for music:

Klipsch R6 Reference Headphones. Love it. B/c I do listen to music w/ lots of bass such as hip-hop/rap and modern pop, the bass here is very thick. I love it. Often around $100, this has been $27 many times on NewEgg; watch for a sale b/c it's awesome. No mic here, though. Regardless, it's so good, I've bought like 3 pairs of these when it hits $27 (or a few bucks less).

Headphones/mic combo for gaming:

Turtle Beach PX22. Overall, it's pretty good and comes w/ its own amp/controller in which you can control bass, sound levels, and other stuff. B/c it is older, do note if you have Windows 10 and you have a RealTek audio card, get a USB Sound Card DAC and plug it into that (Syba USB Sound Card has been on sale numerous times for $5 on Newegg) b/c the headset's older and don't work out-the-box without it.

Microphone:

Turtle Beach Streamer Mic. Side note, it's also built to work out-the-box w/ PS4 and X1. Anyways, make sure if you do buy one of these, catch 'em on sale; many feel it's overpriced if you buy at full price...and at that case, many feel you probably might as well buy a Yeti. Regardless, bought this at BB it was on sale, price-matched it w/ another sale price elsewhere (PM w/ Amazon), and dumped a bunch of BB Reward Point $ on this - basically came to around $15 after everything (before tax). Anyways, make sure if you buy this - upgrade all firmware, software and mess around w/ sound levels. There are extra settings, even more Cardiod options (Spellings?), and stuff if you update it all properly. Or else, it won't sound that hot if you just plug it in, don't get every update and don't mess w/ the sound levels. After all of the tweaking, though; I've come to like this. Mic quality sounds a lot better once you mess around w/ all the sound levels.

What are you doing with the headset?  If you're just yelling racist comments at people in CoD:WW2 then you don't need a separate mic, much less some specialized mic intended for professional streaming and video work.  You just need something where people can hear you.  Buying a Yeti or similar is ridiculous overkill and is just going to take up desk space and be annoying when you're trying to play.

I played for ages with a cheap set of Monoprice headphones and a $15 call center style mic hanging off my neck.  It worked fine.  Not saying I recommend that as your setup but paying $70+ for a mic so you can tell your friends "WTF that kill was bullshit" in PUBG is asinine.  If you're going to be streaming or making Lets Play videos, maybe it's worth pursuing but then you'll want better than a $50-$60 range for the set.

^What the turtle boy said.

I chased the dragon.  I lost.  

I've tried a lot of different stuff.  I used to have a fancy Plantronics headset that I loved even though it wasn't super comfortable. Sounded good and had a great mic.  Cord went out on it so I tried several different things, including two standalone mics (Blue Nessie and Samson G-Track or something).  Blue Nessie was fine for a while, but then started giving me issues.  Samson was defective on arrival so I just returned it an moved on.  I tried the V-Moda Boom Pro but it didn't work well with my sound card.  Tried several different headsets of differing quality.

I found that the cheaper chinese headsets on amazon tend to have super shitty, low quality mics.  So I can definitely recommend against those.  I tried a $10 Plantronics headset I ordered from Newegg (wireless) and it worked well for a few months but then I started getting complaints about static.  

So finally, after all that, I remembered I had a the PS3 GTA Pulse headset I got from Gamestop on clearance for $30.  Tried it on the PC and it worked and has been working fine since then.  So go figure, all that time I had a headset sitting in a cabinet.  My only complaint is that the battery life is short (like two to three hours between charges) but I should just get a longer cord and I can keep it plugged it.  

That said, I cosign those Philips headphones.  I own them and love them and if I could have gotten the boompro to work with my soundcard that would have been my go to solution.  Otherwise, next time I'm in the market for a headset I'll probably look into the HyperX Cloud series.  You can also find cheapo headsets at Newegg or other places from time to time.  A few months back a ton of CAGs got in on a $10 deal for a really nice Corsair headset.  

I've used both; the boompro is superior.

To get good sound out of the modmic, you need to use a usb soundcard thingy (that they sell on their site now). The modmic is more versatile because it works with any headphones, but headphones with a detachable cord like the phillips are best off with the boompro.
I see that you are an audiophile so I think you can help me there. I used to have a Superlux 681 + zalman mic combo. Zalman died and the superlux became single once again. Is there any cheap mic like the Zalman (good, pretty and cheap) around? Also, wouldn't mind to change the superlux, my ears suffered a lot.

Also forgot we have DjPedro, here the terror of the east coast.

My only complaint is that the battery life is short (like two to three hours between charges)
Hmmm... Battery must've been shot from sitting in a warehouse so long. There are guides to replace the battery online.

My OG Pulse Elite maintained the advertised 6 hour battery life since I got it not long after they first came out (2012 I think).

Hmmm... Battery must've been shot from sitting in a warehouse so long. There are guides to replace the battery online.

My OG Pulse Elite maintained the advertised 6 hour battery life since I got it not long after they first came out (2012 I think).
You must have some super battery in there. I bought mine in 2013 (I think I actually remember using it to play Red Faction with you and some other CAGs on the PS3 :) ) and it's slowly degraded to about 2-3 hours of use before I need to plug it in.

I'll have to look into that as otherwise I like the headset a lot.

I see that you are an audiophile so I think you can help me there. I used to have a Superlux 681 + zalman mic combo. Zalman died and the superlux became single once again. Is there any cheap mic like the Zalman (good, pretty and cheap) around? Also, wouldn't mind to change the superlux, my ears suffered a lot.

Also forgot we have DjPedro, here the terror of the east coast.
The phillips headphones mentioned earlier regularly go on sale for $50; those with the boompro are probably one of the best headphone+mic combos you can get for the money.

Sony makes a small lav mic like the zalman and it sounds a lot better, but still picks up a lot of background noise too.

You must have some super battery in there. I bought mine in 2013 (I think I actually remember using it to play Red Faction with you and some other CAGs on the PS3 :) ) and it's slowly degraded to about 2-3 hours of use before I need to plug it in.
I was surprised as well. I always used it with my computer and had the bass boost turned off, if that matters.

Although I haven't used it much in the past 6 months so it may not last as long now. Prior to that, I would fully drain it from playing with friends a couple times a week. It would always start beeping right around the 6 hour mark.

And yes, CAG RFG was magical.

I plan on using he headphones when kids are asleep so they don’t hear the games.

The mic will only be used to play co op with a buddy that I currently talk on phone while we play. I might start playing regular multiplayer in the future but not much since kids will be asleep.

Honestly I’ll be playing on Xbox one so I need a 3.5 mm Jack. I’m asking here because this is where the audiophiles and techies live.

I know anything will be an upgrade from cheap target headphones I gave kids for ipad. But I had no idea what specs were important what brands are crap and the like.

Thank you again everyone.

I plan on using he headphones when kids are asleep so they don’t hear the games.

The mic will only be used to play co op with a buddy that I currently talk on phone while we play. I might start playing regular multiplayer in the future but not much since kids will be asleep.

Honestly I’ll be playing on Xbox one so I need a 3.5 mm Jack. I’m asking here because this is where the audiophiles and techies live.

I know anything will be an upgrade from cheap target headphones I gave kids for ipad. But I had no idea what specs were important what brands are crap and the like.

Thank you again everyone.
Okay, if you don't want the kids to hear, avoid open earphones. They leak sound so the kids would hear. I mean on the plus side you could hear them as well if they start fussing, but the leak might be enough to wake them up or annoy them.

I just got a steam coupon for Staxel (25% off) for owning Starbound...  I have no use for it, not that I think anyone else will think differently, but if anyone wants/needs it just let me know.

Division GE; so far in a minimal amount of farming I have completed half of AlphaBridge set and Half of the Tactician...  Which are the two sets I really want (I guess) so thats all good.  Also got a really solid Urban MDR for the Nomad set so all in all not too shabby.

I have a set of Seinnheiser Game Zero phones which are the closed ear version of the Game Ones.  They do a great job of keeping the sound in although, yeah, I can't really hear shit around me with them on which makes my wife all sorts of happy when she's been trying to talk to me from the next room for the past ten minutes.

I have a set of Seinnheiser Game Zero phones which are the closed ear version of the Game Ones. They do a great job of keeping the sound in although, yeah, I can't really hear shit around me with them on which makes my wife all sorts of happy when she's been trying to talk to me from the next room for the past ten minutes.
Not being able to hear around me sounds like a positive and a negative (kids + wife).

Everyone here is awesome. You make it a little tempting to play more games on my PC. Except for the whole huge cost and continual upgrades. Plus, I'm back into gaming after being out for about ten years. So I mostly play and trade in, which really isn't possible with steam.

BUT my laptop is at least powerful enough to play Undertale (I just played and it was awesome).

You make it a little tempting to play more games on my PC. Except for the whole huge cost and continual upgrades.
Yeah, between the cost of GPUs (due to cryptocurrency mining depleting stock) and RAM (due to every electronic item on Earth depleting stock), this is probably the worst time in at least a decade to decide to get into PC gaming.

That said, once you make the investment you're probably set for a long while, assuming you don't constantly need the best and brightest. I'm still playing on a nine year old processor and four year old GPU and still doing High+ settings on my games (at 1080). While hardware is getting to be pricier than ever, you also need to upgrade much less frequently than in the 2000s or (shudder) 90s.

[Posted in wrong thread, I can't delete my own post?]
86y1W.gif

Yeah, between the cost of GPUs (due to cryptocurrency mining depleting stock) and RAM (due to every electronic item on Earth depleting stock), this is probably the worst time in at least a decade to decide to get into PC gaming.

That said, once you make the investment you're probably set for a long while, assuming you don't constantly need the best and brightest. I'm still playing on a nine year old processor and four year old GPU and still doing High+ settings on my games (at 1080). While hardware is getting to be pricier than ever, you also need to upgrade much less frequently than in the 2000s or (shudder) 90s.
I just don't get new glasses and turn down the settings. Problem solved.

Seriously though I am getting close to needing to upgrade.

There are many things in this world I still don't fully understand. For example: magnets, how do they work? However, I do know audio and that's why I use Sennheiser HD 598 headphones with a detachable V-Moda BoomPro mic. Just remember... only the best, fuck the rest.

There are many things in this world I still don't fully understand. For example: magnets, how do they work? However, I do know audio and that's why I use Sennheiser HD 598 headphones with a detachable V-Moda BoomPro mic. Just remember... only the best, fuck the rest.
I'm with you there on the V-moda detachable mic. Highly recommend.

EDIT: My bad, what I have is the "Antlion Audio ModMic". It works great and has solid audio quality for the size.

Glasses are for nerds.

Just kidding,
some people without glasses are nerds too.

I spoke with her about this, and she has asked me to end things with you on her behalf. It was something about being tired of constant lying and exaggerating. I don't really know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You forget to tell him that she also told you to tell him about the chlamydia you gave gifted her.

What four year old GPU are you still using, BTW?

EDIT:

About old CPU's - still rocking my i7 950 Bloomfield here since 2011.

R9 290X -- Released October 2013
Nice. That came in 4GB and 8GB flavors, IIRC.

Yeah, I think we're in that sweet spot of PC gaming, where everybody's all over the place in terms of resolution. Most people seem to be in the 1080p realm and are already happy w/ that as performance is usually pretty good these days at that resolution (and often is that console standard resolution); 1440p seems be the sweet middle-road b/t 1080p and 4K for those that just want to go above 1080p (1440p is mainly what I run at); and 4K just seems rather expensive and pricey for most to even think about here on the PC.

Only major things I really seem to have done over the years since 2011 was go from 8GB up to 16GB on the RAM; and swap out video cards twice (started with 1GB 560 Ti; few years ago went to 4GB 960; and then got such a steal of a deal that I went to a GTX 970). But, that's normally what I end up upgrading on my PC's anyways - RAM and at least one video card change.

Sure, I've bought a lot of internals and externals for hard drives - but that don't seem like major overhauls like say swapping CPU's out; still with my i7 950 Bloomfield from 2011.

I lucked out on the timing of buying the parts for and building my new PC (January of 2017).  Memory prices were still on the lower end (got 16GB of DDR4 G.Skill for $99.99) and GPU prices hadn't quite skyrocketed yet (got my EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8GB for $379.99).

Between those and the i7-6700K I installed I should be set for quite a while.  Hopefully by the next time I decide to build a new PC we won't still be having these outrageous memory and GPU prices.

still with my i7 950 Bloomfield from 2011.
i7-860 Lynnfield (released 2009). Hasn't served me wrong yet and has been running overclocked (3.6GHz) since pretty much the day it was installed.

Oh, we played Arena last night. You fly drones around and attempt to do battle with other drones while everything is ill-controlled, slow and blundering about like a June bug at a porch light. It's either a garbage game or a shockingly realistic depiction of how quadcopter battles would go depending on how you look at it. The most fascinating part of the game was slowly realizing that the nondescript brown landscape is filled with nondescript brown Unity asset dinosaurs for no apparent reason. It was like one of those movies where someone is looking at a wall or tabletop and then they notice it lightly writhing before realizing it's a sheet of vermin. Except this time was ankylosaurs, brachiosaurs and some theropod who moved like the infamous alien from that Colonial Marines gif. Notice how I've spent more time now talking about the dinosaurs than the drone combat? Yeah.

After that we played Slap the Fly which was another of these asymmetric team affairs. Play as a bug or as a person trying to kill bugs. Playing as a fly mainly meant staying up out of the person's reach and acting like an asshole which, again, makes for a rather realistic fly simulation if not compelling game play.

New Client, or new mockup at least:

iC95wNs.png

FEe4TVC.jpg

px4nTpp.jpg

9YvjLux.jpg

MRCWhaw.jpg

nmr0sJi.jpg

#ALWAYS_DOUBLE_CHECK
4K0O0Zc.jpg

uCNe84T.jpg

mXXSdWQ.jpg