Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Good grief, I take a week off to get sunburned, disconnect from tech, and consume strong rum drinks to find out this thread continues not to disappoint. What a relief.

Reading stuff like this just confirms that I'm playing a totally different game when I play The Division. I don't know what any of that means.
You're not alone. I've found myself a bit lost with all of the best optimization loadouts, classified sets, and missing out on the past 3 global events. I just run around shooting everything with a pretty decent Bullfrog and totally random (probably awful) gear. I've come to fully accept I'll probably never get a ninja backpack, house, or one of those cosmetic masks from these global events. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

did I tell you that you can't post about monster hunter here? no. I was saying that I don't get why you're posting about it here when you can find more beneficial discussions about it in other threads, where people care more so it makes more sense to post there. discuss what you want, where you want, but some reading comprehension might do you some good.

anyway, my post wasn't directed at just you. it was all the monster hunter talk in general.
Understand that people in console threads often don't respond very kindly to questions or comments about games from a PC gaming perspective.

If someone pointed out in a console thread that the game has terrible framerates on console and will probably be better on PC, the thread would devolve into "gaming on a computer sucks, couch and tv > desk" ad nauseam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it is just me and being old, but I do not find topics easily on CAG. I follow this thread, the trade, humble, groupees and fanatical/BS. This thread has been the main hang out for PC gaming. Offtopic happens all the time as pointed out mainly due to sales do not change daily and there is not the hustle like flipping with consoles. I enjoy the personalities here. Thank you
all of the main threads are on the first page of the deal forum, they're popular enough so they don't move to the 2nd page 99% of the time. the psn/xbl threads don't really mention flipping much and they do talk about game experiences. i read those and the vita thread usually, they have pretty good content for consoles and frisky keeps the psn thread updated with sales regularly. doesn't take any effort to find them

If someone pointed out in a console thread that the game has terrible framerates on console and will probably be better on PC, the thread would devolve into "gaming on a computer sucks, couch and tv > desk" ad nauseam.
I just plug my KB-mouse or controller into my 4K HDTV's USB ports; and stream from 4K PC monitor to 4K HDTV via SteamLink App. Problem solved.

Or, if one has a strong wire - connect a HDMI wire from PC to HDTV.

Now you have good graphics quality and much better framerates; and can play on a couch & lounge.

I love PC gaming.

I peasant fakyed, easily the most disgusting action that I've committed in recent memory, and am really, REALLY not into it. Don't know what I was expecting honestly. In theory, it seems appealing, but practice is just tedium. Also, the frame rate of the Xboner version leaves alot to be desired. Guess I need to figure out a way to sell it to get the most back or I'll have to beat myself for the transgression.
Man, I wanted to pick it up, but then I gilby'd it by missing the pre-order window from Amazon. Now I feel relieved that I didn't buy it as I don't need another gear-grinding game to play right now. That and from the few reviews I've read the endgame stuff seems only enjoyable with groups / friends or from online help. At this point I'd rather pickup a cheap used copy during the Summer doldrums of game releases, or just hope for another free month "we want you back" promo from GameFly to hit my inbox.

Welcome back. Eat any pineapple pizza?
I did not, but I did have a fancy Ahi Bolognese pizza creation. Highly recommended. To put it bluntly, if someone offered me some pineapple pizza I'd try it, but I'd never order it for myself with other options available. Man. Pizza is sooo good. Is anyone thinking of pizza tonight? Mmm. Pizza.

all of the main threads are on the first page of the deal forum, they're popular enough so they don't move to the 2nd page 99% of the time. the psn/xbl threads don't really mention flipping much and they do talk about game experiences. i read those and the vita thread usually, they have pretty good content for consoles and frisky keeps the psn thread updated with sales regularly. doesn't take any effort to find them
Why do we even have all those other shithole threads? Take them out! They can go back to their consoles in their huts!

Or, if one has a strong wire - connect a HDMI wire from PC to HDTV.

Now you have good graphics quality and much better framerates; and can play on a couch & lounge.

I love PC gaming.
This is how I do my couch PC gaming. No different than playing on my ps4 aside from way better performance/visuals.

Has anyone played Staxel and My Time in Portia? Read an article that said Portia is more like a slow ease in with lots to do, Staxel is like a Sandbox but not much to do. I prefer Rune Factory over Harvest Moon if that helps describe the kind of games I like more.
I played "My time in Your Mom", I could tell you about that... It's a short and quick story... COME ON, I'M SETTING U UP HERE!!!

Shouldn't coupons take precedence over store sales if they're a greater discount?

I have a 90% off coupon for a game that is currently 50% off, but it doesn't look like it's going to apply.

Shouldn't coupons take precedence over store sales if they're a greater discount?

I have a 90% off coupon for a game that is currently 50% off, but it doesn't look like it's going to apply.
Yes and no? I don't know if the Steam checkout system is capable of nullifying a sale in cart and then applying a coupon. But B&M stores do this too sometimes. Put out a general coupon for the week, but doesn't apply on sale items. Discount something a little and boom, can't use the coupon even though it'd be a better deal than the current sale.

That said, in this case it's just stupid because you just have to wait for the sale to be over to use it.

I missed Subnautica back when it was bundled.. anyone know somewhere to get a good deal on a steam key?
The problem with Subnautica is that it got a price increase twice, so it will take time to see the game on sale below 15$.

I doubt there's any logic written into the cart that allows for the application of the larger discount. This is Steam we're talking about here, 40% off is the new 75% off and Ark is more expensive than it was 4 years ago.

Yes and no? I don't know if the Steam checkout system is capable of nullifying a sale in cart and then applying a coupon. But B&M stores do this too sometimes. Put out a general coupon for the week, but doesn't apply on sale items. Discount something a little and boom, can't use the coupon even though it'd be a better deal than the current sale.

That said, in this case it's just stupid because you just have to wait for the sale to be over to use it.
Thats cool...

Sale is over in February and coupon expires the end of January.

I don't need that game anyways.

Thanks for posting this! You made my day.... Actually my week! lol

I have never played any NOLF game and have only heard good things. I tried to play it a few years ago, but couldn't get it to run.

If anyone has an AMD card (I have an R9 290) and has issues getting it to start due to an MFC application error like many of the YouTube comments:

-Right-click on the game Shortcut and go to Properties.

-Select Compatibilty and check the box that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

This worked for me.
VR mod for this is out now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJhE84R74_0&t=421s

Sorry if this isn't a good spot for advice. I'll move it if needed.

I'm very new to the pc world and thinking about building one. But I saw this on a local site. He wants $450 for it. Thoughts?

GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 3Gb
MotherBoard: msi 970 gaming
Ram: DDR3 8gb Vengeance
CPU: amd fx-6350 black unlocked 6 core
Hard drive: 2TB hdd
Case: Corsair Vengeance C70

I've been on a roll "completing" some of my backlog on Steam this month, 10 games down. Some leftovers from last year, some pretty easy ones, but the list gets shorter! Yesterday I finally got around to playing D. I have vivid memories watching my older brother complete it in one evening back in 1996... And remembered (once I started digging) the game has a two-hour time limit. Pretty simple game, decent enough atmosphere, but my nostalgia goggles have me seeing a slightly rose tint. Maybe it is because the Playstation was such a big part of that time in my life, but I am happy I played it again. Maybe in another 22 years I'll play it again. I really wish they'd bring D2 to PC, I never got to play that one...

SEGA's Make War Not Love is starting again soon which usually involves some freebies. Make sure you're signed up to be notified when it starts. It's gonna be yuge folks!
tenor.gif

Sorry if this isn't a good spot for advice. I'll move it if needed.

I'm very new to the pc world and thinking about building one. But I saw this on a local site. He wants $450 for it. Thoughts?

GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 3Gb
MotherBoard: msi 970 gaming
Ram: DDR3 8gb Vengeance
CPU: amd fx-6350 black unlocked 6 core
Hard drive: 2TB hdd
Case: Corsair Vengeance C70
Nop. I would avoid any old AMD CPU like the one you listed there. The problem is that many modern games are not developed with old AMD CPU in mind and usually some ended unplayable.

I know you are in a super budget, but honestly I would keep checking more offers.

Nop. I would avoid any old AMD CPU like the one you listed there. The problem is that many modern games are not developed with old AMD CPU in mind and usually some ended unplayable.
I know you are in a super budget, but honestly I would keep checking more offers.
Thanks man. I really appreciate the advice. I saw the graphics card and thought it might be a deal. Stupid bit coin.

So I was bored after the disappointing Humble today and I noticed BS had Bayonetta as its Star Deal. Curious as to whether others' viewpoints aligned at all with the poor first impression this game made on me on the Xbox, I looked over at some of the Steam reviews and could not help but notice that they were a bit. . . samey. Is this normal? Does no one call people out on this sort of stuff?

Review 1:

Short version: 93%
Bayonetta is arguably one of the best spectacle hack & slash games ever made. It is also impossible not to enjoy the pure fun it provides by being so over the top in every single aspect (from character design or story to combat mechanics) that it goes beyond anything we have seen even from this developer.

Review 2:

As a pretty big DMC fan, Bayonetta is a Wonderful Hack and Slash game with lots of depth that deserves your attention, Even if you're a newcomer to the genre. It's arguably one of the best spectacle H&S games ever made. It is also impossible not to enjoy the pure fun it provides by being so over the top in every single aspect.

So I was bored after the disappointing Humble today and I noticed BS had Bayonetta as its Star Deal. Curious as to whether others' viewpoints aligned at all with the poor first impression this game made on me on the Xbox, I looked over at some of the Steam reviews and could not help but notice that they were a bit. . . samey. Is this normal? Does no one call people out on this sort of stuff?

Review 1:

Bayonetta is arguably one of the best spectacle hack & slash games ever made. It is also impossible not to enjoy the pure fun it provides by being so over the top in every single aspect (from character design or story to combat mechanics) that it goes beyond anything we have seen even from this developer.

Review 2:

As a pretty big DMC fan, Bayonetta is a Wonderful Hack and Slash game with lots of depth that deserves your attention, Even if you're a newcomer to the genre. It's arguably one of the best spectacle H&S games ever made. It is also impossible not to enjoy the pure fun it provides by being so over the top in every single aspect.
Thing is, I agree with these. Every other scene was something ever more ridiculous. And they kept amping up the stupid all the way to the end. When I played it, I wasn't a big DMC fan, closer to a newcomer to the genre, and I just thought it was great. Some of the most fun I had with a game.

Review 1:

Review 2:

Bayonetta is generally considered one of the best spectacle fighter / character action games of all time. You'll definitely find more middling or contrarian opinions, but that is the general consensus on the game.

Bayonetta is generally considered one of the best spectacle fighter / character action games of all time. You'll definitely find more middling or contrarian opinions, but that is the general consensus on the game.
Thing is, I agree with these. Every other scene was something ever more ridiculous. And they kept amping up the stupid all the way to the end. When I played it, I wasn't a big DMC fan, closer to a newcomer to the genre, and I just thought it was great. Some of the most fun I had with a game.
It seems to me that both of you missed my point; I'm not that broken up either way about whether people loved or hated the game.

My problem is that it looks like one of these guys, for all intents and purposes, plagiarized the other. I realize we're not in school anymore, so no one's getting an A or an F for a writing assignment, but that's really my point: why post a review if it's not your opinion?

It seems to me that both of you missed my point; I'm not that broken up either way about whether people loved or hated the game.

My problem is that it looks like one of these guys, for all intents and purposes, plagiarized the other. I realize we're not in school anymore, so no one's getting an A or an F for a writing assignment, but that's really my point: why post a review if it's not your opinion?
I did actually miss your point. Were those both Steam reviews? If so, I have to ask you what level of quality you're expecting? haha. If those are actual published reviews from gaming sites and blogs, then that just goes to highlight the increasingly homogenized 'games journalism' space that we currently have.

I did actually miss your point. Were those both Steam reviews? If so, I have to ask you what level of quality you're expecting? haha. If those are actual published reviews from gaming sites and blogs, then that just goes to highlight the increasingly homogenized 'games journalism' space that we currently have.
Yes, both Steam reviews, and, well, I expect the reviews to vary highly in quality, but not to essentially copy one another. It makes me wonder whether this sort of thing is rampant and no one cares. I mean, expecting Valve to care would be completely ridiculous, I guess, but it could inflate (or deflate) a game's review score, and Valve is at least pretending to care about that sort of thing.

That, or they're bot reviews. Does fakespot work for Steam?

I . . . don't know what that is.

Also funny the whole 'nobody reports to anyone' concept is one of the main reasons why Valve doesn't actually make games anymore (not counting their Hearthstone-Magic ripoff or DOTA).

I hope Disney buys Valve.

I can't wait for a new Half-Life game every year.
Get ready for a spinoff title where an anthropomorphic crowbar named Crowie fights porcine construction workers with contemporary racist undertones.

Amazon had MysterD's favorite mouse (G600 MMO) on sale for $24.99 but that is dead. You can still get the G602 (wireless) for $29.99 though:

https://www.amazon.com/G602-Lag-Free-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00E4MQODC
G600, G502, and G403 are all awesome.

G600 can take some time to get used to w/ its size, bulky-ness, and can get cumbersome w/ 12 buttons on the side (especially for faster-paced games that are more action-y) - but I think for most, the G403 and G502 are going to appeal.

For games not really needing 12 keys - pretty much, I just use the G502 now.

I do wish the G602 came in a wired-version.

Also funny the whole 'nobody reports to anyone' concept is one of the main reasons why Valve doesn't actually make games anymore (not counting their Hearthstone-Magic ripoff or DOTA).
Valve is like new-age preschool and kindergarten where they just play with legos and crap. It's all about socialization. No one at Valve talks about their jobs because they don't want anyone to know they sat at a table doing Play-doh Spaghetti Factory with four other people yesterday.

Valve is like new-age preschool and kindergarten where they just play with legos and crap. It's all about socialization. No one at Valve talks about their jobs because they don't want anyone to know they sat at a table doing Play-doh Spaghetti Factory with four other people yesterday.
Somehow I feel like this isn't too far off.

Valve-handbook-illustration.png

Does Gabe consider Valve and Steam 2 different companies?
I wouldn't be surprised if Valve did split in two. They really ain't done games in years. I could see them selling their game IP's to Microsoft - i.e. Portal, Half-Life, CS, L4D series, Richochet, etc.

I doubt Gabe would drop Steam itself though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Valve did split in two. They really ain't done games in years. I could see them selling their game IP's to Microsoft - i.e. Portal, Half-Life, CS, L4D series, Richochet, etc.

I doubt Gabe would drop Steam itself though.
CS:Go and DOTA 2.. ;)

Come on, we ain't EA or Ubisuck or Activishit. We can't pump out a different version of CS:Go or DOTA 2 every year like that... or can we? :speaktothehand:

bread's done
Back