Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Looks like steams own filters dont even work on the wishlist page. Tried to see 'vr only', still shows entire wishlist

you had one job valve

I don't even have a wishlist anymore. just 3 dancing, loading bars that never disappear.

Edit

Yay, it finally appeared. 400 games listed, so it took roughly a minute of loading time for each game. Wooo

While I was waiting, I skimmed through the CAG raffle Twitch vidja and saw that CheapLikeAFox and myself won something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mediocre sales.
if-you-dont-like-the-results-do-something-different-3-638.jpg

I'm all over Portal 2 for $1.99. Can you run it says my Laptop can so YAY!!  Never played it before but loved the first one.  $1.99 is the cheapest I've ever seen it for any console.

The valve complete bundle pack has a weird listing. I was wondering why it seemed expensive $23 vs the $16 it was during the fall sale, and it looks like half life 1 source and hl2 episode 2 isn't discounted despite being part of the bundle. i wonder if this is an error or they did this on purpose. :shame:

Also, is it my imagination or could portal 2 have disappeared from my library? I owned it on ps3 and did the crossplay thing back then and I thought there was some deal or some way that I activated it on steam. anyone remember that? and what could i have done back then to get it in my library? It is gone now :whistle2:(

Also, is it my imagination or could portal 2 have disappeared from my library? I owned it on ps3 and did the crossplay thing back then and I thought there was some deal or some way that I activated it on steam. anyone remember that? and what could i have done back then to get it in my library? It is gone now :whistle2:(
It came with a Steam code you needed to activate within Steam.

THQ Nordic just bought out Koch Media:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-14-de-blob-owner-thq-nordic-buys-saints-row-and-dead-island-owner-koch-media-for-121m-euro

So now, re-branded THQ has Volition & Saints Row; Homefront; Metro; and Dead Island IP's.
Hard to keep track of all the publisher comings and goings. I think Nordic used to be JoWood or bought out JoWood.

Here we go:

Beginnings (1990–2011)
In 1990, Swedish entrepreneur Lars Eric Olof Wingefors founded LW Comics AB, a company to sell and trade second-hand comic books. In 1993, the company's focus shifted towards video games, becoming a mail-order retailer for secondhand software and cartridges, and finally Nordic Games AB. Its headquarters are located in Karlstad, Sweden. Over the years, the company added new goods to its portfolio, and established several stores over Scandinavia. In 2000, British retailer Gameplay.com acquired Nordic Games for GB£5.96 million in shares.[citation needed] After the dot-com bubble, Wingefors re-acquired the Nordic retail division from financially troubled Gameplay for 1 kr.[2] In 2004, the company started with a new outlet store concept and entered into the video game industry.[3] In 2008, Nordic Games entered game development by creating its own publishing branch, Nordic Games Publishing AB, in order to create products for its outlet stores.

Nordic Games GmbH (2011–2016)

Original Nordic Games logo

In 2011, Lars Wingefors founded Nordic Games GmbH as a Europe-wide video game publisher. On 16 August 2011, it was announced that the new company had acquired assets from JoWooD Entertainment: its products, brands, and subsidiary DreamCatcher Interactive, including its The Adventure Company division. Effectively, JoWooD, DreamCatcher and The Adventure company would further be used as labels of Nordic Games.
Pretty interesting.

i just signed up on day 2 of the steam/sega make war not love 5 promo today 2/15/2018. Do I receive the day 1 bundle as well? on the make war site there is just a lock over the day 1 stuff but it says day 1 will unlock in 24 hrs.

Fiinally, someone above said he removed a game from his library but got it back with this promo. Is it advantageous to remove certain games from you library to get the bundles or should i just keep everything the way it is?

i just signed up on day 2 of the steam/sega make war not love 5 promo today 2/15/2018. Do I receive the day 1 bundle as well? on the make war site there is just a lock over the day 1 stuff but it says day 1 will unlock in 24 hrs.

Fiinally, someone above said he removed a game from his library but got it back with this promo. Is it advantageous to remove certain games from you library to get the bundles or should i just keep everything the way it is?
I'm all about increasing my Steam game-count...so why anyone wants to remove a game - that's beyond me.

You can easily just create a category (or multiple categories) of "Junk Games" and just filter them there.

I don't think you get those games. By signing up, you give them permission to redeem games directly to your account, so I believe they just activate keys as the requirements are met for each day. You wouldn't get anything out of removing the games from your account, they are individual products that would just get added back in and don't have any requirements. The DLC will only be added if you own the base game.

Did the Double Fine bundle have Full Throttle Remastered during the Winter sale? I got locked out of that pack due to region pricing glitch shenanigans but now I can see it and it's there.

Don't expect the MP to be your end-game, though - it isn't anything special.
I get that Quake Champions is more the point for multiplayer of this style. But other than not really supporting Doom with balance updates, the single main problem with Doom MP is that no one fucking wants to play Doom with load-outs. It's so weird that the game was so respectful of its heritage when it came to SP and then somehow some fucking asshole on the team decided that load-outs were an acceptable thing to add to Doom. So a game that could have had spectacular single and multiplayer ended up "great campaign but MP is only okay" for exactly one and one reason only that had nothing to do with any sort of actual development effort: load-outs.

I'm all about increasing my Steam game-count...so why anyone wants to remove a game - that's beyond me.

You can easily just create a category (or multiple categories) of "Junk Games" and just filter them there.

I don't think you get those games. By signing up, you give them permission to redeem games directly to your account, so I believe they just activate keys as the requirements are met for each day. You wouldn't get anything out of removing the games from your account, they are individual products that would just get added back in and don't have any requirements. The DLC will only be added if you own the base game.
thanks for the help guys :wave:

I have heard and read nothing but amazing praise for this game. Everyone should buy it at this price.
Does that mean you haven't played it? Get it right now and play it. It's only like a couple hours long. One of the best games I've ever played. Also my second favorite performance by J.K. Simmons after Burn After Reading.

All caught up on the thread and I see you have went back to talking about games, this is not ok. 

Pineapple is good on everything.  Ketchup is for french fries and basically nothing else.  Good tomatoes vary greatly in flavor and can be fantastic fresh, if you buy tomatoes at 99.9% of retail stores you are not getting good tomatoes or something that even tastes like a ripe tomato should.   You can get purple (sorta) tomatoes now that are higher in antioxidants.  They are actually pretty good too.  I grew some called Indigo Rose last year.   I also grew some purple cherry tomato variety that I forget the name of.  

I've grown as many as 40 varieties of tomatoes in one year before back when I actually sold fresh fruit and veggies for extra cash in summer but I have rocky ground where I live now and far less room so I have a pretty small garden now.  I kinda miss the huge garden and lots of room to plant random stuff just for the heck of it but I don't really miss the 6+ hours per day of extra work.  

I do have a dozen varieties of strawberries, you can just work those buggers into the landscaping here and there.  I highly recommend Mara Des Bois, very small but super sweet everbearers.    :wave:

You forgot about Whiplash.
Burn After Reading and Whiplash were both very good.

Since we're on the J.K. Simmons train here, everybody should go check out the new sci-fi/spy-thriller Counterpart series (currently on Starz), when they get a chance. Having two J.K. Simmons on-screen (he's playing two roles here) is a wonderful thing.

Who the heck puts pineapple on pizza or a burger?

Meh. I like pineapple and all - but NOT on pizza and definitely NOT on a burger.

If we're talking pizza - things I like on it include pepperoni, sausage & bacon. Can be one of those toppings solo, combo of 2 of those, or all of those. So yum.

To fulfill my court-mandated community service requirements, I'll note that the Kingdom Come: Deliverance game is $49 from Gamesplanet (UK) when you use Amazon Pay, an 18% discount.  I don't actually recommend purchasing it since it sounds like it needs some patching to get up to snuff but since it's the new hotness on the gaming sites, maybe someone was thinking of fakeying it.

The best pizza toppings are sawdust, ketchup and mice.

Just a heads up, it looks like Fanatical is doing their own Flash Deals for their Lunar New Year Sale and their 8% off coupon seems to stack with the flash deal prices. 

https://www.fanatical.com/en/flash-game-sale

Some of the potential standouts include:

GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst - $11.03 with coupon

Metro Redux Bundle (USA) - $4.96 with coupon

The Evil Within 2 - $24.83 with coupon

Homefront: The Revolution Freedom Fighter Bundle - $6.61 with coupon

Looks like it's still going and there should be at least 6 more revealed games.

Hawaiian pizza has been around since I was a kid.  Not sure how some malcontent managed to turn hatred of pineapple into an internet meme, but other than being delicious, no one has ever forced it down anybody's throat.  I've never been to a pizza party at school or work where someone was like "I wasn't sure what everyone liked so I ordered all Hawaiian."  Usually people go with cheese, pepperoni, and sausage 1 toppings to play it safe and save money.  

the “Sexy Soaker” edition will be priced at $49.99, €49.99, and £39.99. It will include the soundtrack, the Soaking Wet High School Uniform costume, a set of bikini costumes, the Futomaki Roll Bazooka special weapon, a Bebeby pet card, and a special set of skill cards.
...and presumably your name on a list somewhere.

Am I understanding this right? A game where you run around and shoot high school girls in the tits?

Ahem, uh, yes.. ACK-tually, I'll have you know that the Tomato is, uh, botanically speaking, a fruit as well? So, um, uh, I suppose this is where you admit you're wrong? Thank you.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is not trying to put that shit in a fruit salad.

-paraphrased from some ancient proverb...possibly...

Pineapple is great on a burger, especially grilled pineapple. Haven't tried pineapple on a pizza yet, in part because I just don't get it. Doesn't seem like it'd work at all with a tomato sauce, or mozzarella (Parmesan it probably would, or fake cheese). 

bread's done
Back