Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, it looks like Fanatical is doing their own Flash Deals for their Lunar New Year Sale and their 8% off coupon seems to stack with the flash deal prices.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/flash-game-sale

Some of the potential standouts include:

GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst - $11.03 with coupon

Metro Redux Bundle (USA) - $4.96 with coupon

The Evil Within 2 - $24.83 with coupon

Homefront: The Revolution Freedom Fighter Bundle - $6.61 with coupon

Looks like it's still going and there should be at least 6 more revealed games.
I'm also doing my own flash deals....

giphy.gif

I have had some terrible "Hawaiian" pizza, and have personally seen a connection between whether a place calls it "Hawaiian" or simply "Pineapple and ham" and whether it is terrible or great, respectively. 

For example I've seen some disgusting pizzas made with soaking wet crushed pineapple out of a can. Pretty horrifying stuff. 

But fresh golden Hawaiian pineapple, diced, roasted or even caramelized, is delectable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never tried pineapple on pizza.

I just don't think I'd like it.

Anchovies are pretty good on pizza once in a while.

Also, one time, when I was a kid, I had "pierogi pizza" from a local grocery store.  It was just pizza crust, mashed potatoes, and cheese.  I really liked it, but it was my first meal after not really eating/having an appetite for a few days because of surgery, so it might not have been as good as I remember.  I've never seen it since though.

A place near me has a Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham... and they add almond slices and cinnamon.

Stew on that one for a while.

Does that mean you haven't played it? Get it right now and play it. It's only like a couple hours long. One of the best games I've ever played. Also my second favorite performance by J.K. Simmons after Burn After Reading.
Yes, that's what it means. The Orange Box is also $1.99 and I will play Portal 2 as soon as I beat HL2 which I am almost done with.

Nordic is pretty much THQ minus Relic now

and i don't see Sega ever letting Relic go
Its more likely Sega just shuts Relic down after the Dawn of War3 fiasco (which is now officially dead). They're working on age of empires4 right now so maybe they'll get their shit back together.

A place near me has a Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and ham... and they add almond slices and cinnamon.

Stew on that one for a while.
Donato's? If not, they do that exact thing and it's amazing. The ham is like shaved deli ham and the almonds are super tasty.

>be without internet since the thirteenth
>check steam thread
>everyone's talking about pizza and hot dog toppings on the first unread page since i was last on
>skip to last page of steam thread
>everyone's still talking about pizza toppings

Finally, this thread is staying on topic. (And people who put any toppings on pizza are bad and should feel bad.)

Donato's? If not, they do that exact thing and it's amazing. The ham is like shaved deli ham and the almonds are super tasty.
if you're gonna put fruit nuts and cinnamon on a pizza why not get what you really want and just eat an actual pie

**Actual Deal News**

For those who like their media, physical...

50% off select PC games over at Newegg (w/ code EMCPREW37):

Dishonored 2 - $19.99 $9.99

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - $19.99 $9.99

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Uplay) - $29.99 $14.99

The Evil Within 2 - $39.99 $19.99

Destiny 2 (Blizzard) - $49.99 $24.99

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus - $49.99 $24.99

Fallout 4 GOTY Edition - $49.99 $24.99

Star Wars Battlefront II (Origin) - $59.99 $29.99

Call of Duty: WWII - $59.99 $29.99

Slightly lower prices than on Steam for the games that apply, but that's not surprising. Also, some games have free shipping while some do not.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How is Destiny 2 these days? $25 seems like a decent pick up price.

I've haven't seen much talk about it since the release through. 

I've haven't seen much talk about it since the release through.
I enjoy it. Having a good group of friends to play with or finding an active ingame clan helps a lot. Also factor in the cost of the expansion pass (occasionally ~$28 from gmg sales) to access everything.

It feels great to play, but once you figure out that the leveling scheme is a scam and that there's very little genuine content and that the entire game is a just DLC/lootbox economy all built to trick you into thinking otherwise you'll get real soured on the whole thing.

I enjoyed my 100 hours with friends until I hit that point. fuck that game.

Destiny 2 is bullshit pricing.  Yeah, $20 or $25 would have been a good deal.  But the first DLC happened like two months after release, right around the time of the PC release.  So you aren't getting the full game (which includes the recent raid, new multiplayer maps, etc.  which doesn't even feel like good content/value in-and-of itself) unless you buy the season pass.  Sure the campaign and the initial leveling were great, and enough content;  but the endgame was incomplete.  People grinded on what they had, and then soon that was invalidated with a new level cap. It's a series of moving the goalposts.  It's a loot treadmill and the endgame content ain't that great.  What's truly astonishing is that Destiny 1 was better at this stuff.   Like they didn't learn any lessons and they regressed.  I think that has people bothered more than anything.  Activision is too concerned with gaining new customers that they left their main supporters in the dust.   Well that was stupid.  You have no foundation anymore. 

God I hate it when parent company publishers come in and ruin great franchises with their bullshit.  It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when they feel like they are fooled or being fooled or taken advantage of.  No one wants to be nickle and dimed, or have their time wasted. 

Destiny 2 is bullshit pricing. Yeah, $20 or $25 would have been a good deal. But the first DLC happened like two months after release, right around the time of the PC release. So you aren't getting the full game (which includes the recent raid, new multiplayer maps, etc. which doesn't even feel like good content/value in-and-of itself) unless you buy the season pass. Sure the campaign and the initial leveling were great, and enough content; but the endgame was incomplete. People grinded on what they had, and then soon that was invalidated with a new level cap. It's a series of moving the goalposts. It's a loot treadmill and the endgame content ain't that great. What's truly astonishing is that Destiny 1 was better at this stuff. Like they didn't learn any lessons and they regressed. I think that has people bothered more than anything. Activision is too concerned with gaining new customers that they left their main supporters in the dust. Well that was stupid. You have no foundation anymore.

God I hate it when parent company publishers come in and ruin great franchises with their bullshit. It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when they feel like they are fooled or being fooled or taken advantage of. No one wants to be nickle and dimed, or have their time wasted.
This is why I was done with Destiny 1 after they started doing this. I played WoW off and on for years, but WoW usually has an expansion every 2 or so years. Yeah your gear is invalided but they give you a reasonable amount of time/content.

Destiny 2 is bullshit pricing. Yeah, $20 or $25 would have been a good deal. But the first DLC happened like two months after release, right around the time of the PC release. So you aren't getting the full game (which includes the recent raid, new multiplayer maps, etc. which doesn't even feel like good content/value in-and-of itself) unless you buy the season pass. Sure the campaign and the initial leveling were great, and enough content; but the endgame was incomplete. People grinded on what they had, and then soon that was invalidated with a new level cap. It's a series of moving the goalposts. It's a loot treadmill and the endgame content ain't that great. What's truly astonishing is that Destiny 1 was better at this stuff. Like they didn't learn any lessons and they regressed. I think that has people bothered more than anything. Activision is too concerned with gaining new customers that they left their main supporters in the dust. Well that was stupid. You have no foundation anymore.

God I hate it when parent company publishers come in and ruin great franchises with their bullshit. It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when they feel like they are fooled or being fooled or taken advantage of. No one wants to be nickle and dimed, or have their time wasted.
If what Jason Schreier of Kotaku says is true (and he's been pretty much on the $ about Visceral's SW Ragtag & the problems w/ developing ME Andromeda) - Bungie rebooted Destiny 2 in Early 2016 (explains the lack of content complaint); Eververse was Bungie's idea and they went to Activision about it to see if they were okay with it (which Acti agreed); and Bungie (in general) has trouble using the tools to make new content for the game (explains more on the lack of content).

I think Destiny 2 is a fine to good game overall. I've probably put in around 160 hours on PC alone after playing on PS4. I bought the base game for $21 before the release on PC so I definitely received my enjoyment out of it. I max leveled three characters and had fun doing so. There's plenty of initial content / leveling / looting to do as well. Unfortunately, I did hit a bit of a boredom wall in January and I haven't played much at all lately. I do have the expansion pass and I'll almost certainly dive back in once the 2nd DLC comes out this Spring. 

Bungie has laid out their path for improving the game and they've taken the communities feedback pretty well so far. Of course execution of said changes is another thing entirely, but they did a great job implementing much needed improvement and change in Destiny 1. So I'm just biding my time and taking a break until then.

And yes, Eververse does kind of suck. My personal opinion is that it's artificial way to add content and an end game grind that gets old fast. On one side it's almost all purely cosmetic, but on the other side it's just lazy game development.

However, I'd say for anyone who has never played Destiny that $20-$25 is a pretty good value for the amount of initial content to experience. Then if you like the game and want more content the first expansion DLC adds some new stuff to pursue: weapons, armor, story missions, a raid layer, a new PvE area, and a handful of PvP maps. To each their own opinion though. 

Any of you black-hearted bozos know if there is a way to properly connect a non-steam game with its steam version in the steam client?  I've got some uplay/origin games added as non-steam for convenience, but I'd like the client to show the steam info.  I'd really like to be able to review on steam, but even a nicer landing page would be a step up.

That's impossible, the best you get is running it as a Non-steam game in steam which nobody wants except for the folks who rename calculator.exe into Anime Lesbian Adventure to troll their friends list.

honestly if i get 100 hours of enjoyment out of a game i'd be okay with buying it
I totally agree, 100 percent and all that but I don't think that invalidates the anger... Its hard to explain why I think that but I think it comes down I get the passion and why someone could put all those hours into a game and walk away hating on it.

Destiny 2 was suppose to be an improvement but it missed the mark considerably and, not only that, but Bungie double downed on what people complained about instead of improving on it.

Any of you black-hearted bozos know if there is a way to properly connect a non-steam game with its steam version in the steam client? I've got some uplay/origin games added as non-steam for convenience, but I'd like the client to show the steam info. I'd really like to be able to review on steam, but even a nicer landing page would be a step up.
Nope. You would need to buy the Steam-version to be able to do so.

In the older days: you could add Non-Steam games, take screens of those, and those would actually show screenies on your Activity Feed - while you can still do that and all, the screens for Non-Steam games won't show on your Activity Feed anymore.

If you want to review Non-Steam games - you could just Create a Group on Steam and just post reviews there.

I totally agree, 100 percent and all that but I don't think that invalidates the anger... Its hard to explain why I think that but I think it comes down I get the passion and why someone could put all those hours into a game and walk away hating on it.

Destiny 2 was suppose to be an improvement but it missed the mark considerably and, not only that, but Bungie double downed on what people complained about instead of improving on it.
Probably a loaded question and all, but...do you prefer Destiny 2 or The Division?

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't find destiny 1 PC anywhere.  You're telling me Destiny 2 is one of them games where I was supposed to play 1 on the console and then SWITCH platforms?  

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't find destiny 1 PC anywhere. You're telling me Destiny 2 is one of them games where I was supposed to play 1 on the console and then SWITCH platforms?
You could buy Destiny 1 silver on steam last year. It was claimed to be an error, but many think it'll eventually come to steam.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-14-you-can-buy-destiny-1-silver-on-steam-for-some-reason

I think there was a steamdb entry for the game too

You could buy Destiny 1 silver on steam last year. It was claimed to be an error, but many think it'll eventually come to steam.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-14-you-can-buy-destiny-1-silver-on-steam-for-some-reason

I think there was a steamdb entry for the game too
I still wonder if Destiny 1 PC will wind-up later on Battle.Net or something.

They're gonna have to do something to hold PC gamers over b/t Destiny 2 (once they're done w/ all DLC and expansions) and Destiny 3's inevitable release.

I still wonder if Destiny 1 PC will wind-up later on Battle.Net or something.

They're gonna have to do something to hold PC gamers over b/t Destiny 2 (once they're done w/ all DLC and expansions) and Destiny 3's inevitable release.
I also wish they would relase D1 PC but I doubt we'll ever see it.

More likely we will see the import of a lot of D1 content and areas into D2 as "updates."

Their idea of releasing D1 on PC was allowing you to play the game on an Xbox One through your PC in some stupid streaming service that's absolutely useless. "Cross-platform" my ass.

What has everyone been playing this weekend?

I been playing Fallout 4 and also Free Weekend of Rainbow Six: Siege. Siege is good - but man, I suck at it. I feel like I always die, not surviving most rounds. You know, noob playing online and all.

Everyone sucks at Siege until you're good at Siege.  There's really no middle ground.

I've been playing RE7.  Closing in on the end of the base game.  It's good: looks good, atmospheric, plays well etc.  It's more Resident Evil with all that entails: Come for the puzzles and jump scares, stay for the torturous inventory management and backtracking.  If you ever wanted to get screamed at by a hillbilly zombie monster, it's the game for you.

Everyone sucks at Siege until you're good at Siege. There's really no middle ground.
This, but its also ubi's crap matchmaking. It wouldnt be so bad if they really matched up people by skill but that rarely seems to happen, plus you have smurf accts of people who are ranked but get sick of being matched with hackers or out-ranked people and so they start basic accts, and then end up in games with noobs.

At least this free weekend has been better than usual, usually we end up playing tons of rounds against lvls 0-30, so far havent seen that this weekend so maybe ubi has fixed it some what

bread's done
Back