Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
A little off topic (sorry Fox)

I apologize that I do not remember who mentioned Altered Carbon on Netflix. I just started with watching it. The background, setting, story etc. all seem like it should be something like what I am hoping Cyberpunk from CDProject Red will be.

I believe I read today that the Fallout 3 mod for Fallout 4 has been cancelled. That is a real shame.
Ditto on altered carbon. I loved the setting / society.

Also boo on the mod being cancelled

First David Ogden Stiers now Stephen Hawking...

l3p9Z.gif

up til now i didn't know there was anybody who cared whether or not one television painter of tame oil paintings ripped off another television painter of tame oil paintings but i guess here we are
I grew up watching William Alexander on my local PBS station. The guy was able to set up a little cottage industry for himself, but he never made it big. Then one of his proteges rips him off and refuses to acknowledge him while becoming a widely-acclaimed celebrity that no one ever speaks ill of?

fuck that. Lines have to be drawn in the sand.

Alexander claims he invented a technique that had literally been used for centuries before him. Ross credited Alexander with teaching him so it's hard for him to be a fraud. That said, you obviously care way more about this than I do so rock on with your Ross hatred :D
He's not claiming he invented the technique -- his company's web site clearly states he used a "centuries old method of oil painting called wet-on-wet", but he did develop the specific formula for Magic White. Ross ripped off Magic White and renamed it "Liquid White", which his company now sells by the boatload.

And apparently you didn't read the part I quoted from the NYT article where Ross refused to credit Alexander, so I'll post it again:

He declined to name the teacher who first inspired him, explaining somewhat uneasily, "Now he is our major competitor."
reading_is_fundamental.jpg

Assholes deserve to be called out. I wouldn't spend a single penny on this Humble Bumble simply because Ross's name is on it. Or maybe I'll penny it, have the penny go to charity, and make HB eat the Paypal processing costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not claiming he invented the technique
From your own article: "He betrayed me," he said in his strong German accent. "I invented 'wet on wet.' I trained him and he is copying me -- what bothers me is not just that he betrayed me, but that he thinks he can do it better."

[ReadingIsFundamental.jpg]

Your NYT quote from Ross describes one interview with him and the NYT. Per Wiki:

Ross dedicated the first episode of the second season of The Joy of Painting to Bill Alexander, explaining that "years ago, Bill taught me this fantastic [wet-on-wet] technique, and I feel as though he gave me a precious gift, and I'd like to share that gift with you [the viewer]"

[UtilizingMoreThanOneSourceIsFundamental.jpg]

You can see the dedication in the first minute of the episode

Note that Ross doesn't falsely claim to have invented a centuries old painting technique while pouting, he just said "Yeah, someone taught me this but he's a competitor now so I'd rather not discuss." That's classier than outright lying about having invented something.

From your own article: "He betrayed me," he said in his strong German accent. "I invented 'wet on wet.' I trained him and he is copying me -- what bothers me is not just that he betrayed me, but that he thinks he can do it better."

[ReadingIsFundamental.jpg]

Your NYT quote from Ross describes one interview with him and the NYT. Per Wiki:

Ross dedicated the first episode of the second season of The Joy of Painting to Bill Alexander, explaining that "years ago, Bill taught me this fantastic [wet-on-wet] technique, and I feel as though he gave me a precious gift, and I'd like to share that gift with you [the viewer]"

[UtilizingMoreThanOneSourceIsFundamental.jpg]
So you think a single quote of him saying "I invented wet-on-wet" means he suddenly thinks he invented the technique? After years of stating in public that it was an old technique? Did you even bother clicking on the link I provided?

And of course Ross is pally-wally with Alexander while he's starting off (note: SECOND SEASON of Joy of Painting), but then after he hits it big, he turns his back on Alexander and refuses to mention him by name -- and you still think he acknowledges his teacher? And that he's not an asshole? Where's your source that states he acknowledges Alexander at the time of the NYT interview, smartass?

I'm done with you.

Happy Pi Day, everyone.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11367159-pi-day-deals-blaze-pizza-pizzas-3-14-each-more-valid-3-14-only

Blaze Pizza [Store Locator] is offering Pizzas for $3.14 Each. Thanks ahself & couponmit [discuss]

Your Pie [Store Locator] is offering Pizzas for $3.14 Each. Limit 1 pizza per person.

Pieology [Store Locator] is offering a coupon after sign-up for Buy 1 Regular Priced Pizza, Get 1 for $3.14.

Villa Italian Kitchen [Store Locator] is offering a coupon after sign-up for a Whole Cheese Neapolitan Pie for $3.14.

Hungry Howie's [Store Locator] is offering a 1-Topping Medium Pizza for $3.14 when you buy any Howie Bread at regular price.

Cici's Pizza [Store Locator] is offering a coupon for Buy 1 Adult Buffet, Get 1 for $3.14.

Bojangle's [Store Locator] is offering a Sweet Potato Pie for $3.14.

Whole Foods [Store Locator] is offering $3.14 off Large Bakery Pies.

Boston Market [Store Locator] is offering a coupon for a Free Chicken Pot Pie with Purchase of Pot Pie & Drink.

Kroger via Facebook [Store Locator] is offering Bakery Pies for $3.14.

Pie Five Pizza [Store Locator] is offering an 11" Pizza for $3.14. Build your own are regular price. Limit one per person. In-Store Only.

Plum Market [Store Locator] is offering a 6"Achatz Handmade Pie Co. Pie for $3.14.

Baker's Square [Store Locator] is offering $2 off any Whole Pie.

Papa Murphy's [Store Locator] is offering a Large 1-Topping Thin Crust Pizza for $3.14. Online Order.

Grand Traverse Pie Company [Store Locator] is offering A Slice of Michigan ABC Pie for Free with any purchase.

Cub Foods [Store Locator] is offering Bakery Pies for $3.14.

Happy Pi Day, everyone.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11367159-pi-day-deals-blaze-pizza-pizzas-3-14-each-more-valid-3-14-only

Blaze Pizza [Store Locator] is offering Pizzas for $3.14 Each. Thanks ahself & couponmit [discuss]

Your Pie [Store Locator] is offering Pizzas for $3.14 Each. Limit 1 pizza per person.

Pieology [Store Locator] is offering a coupon after sign-up for Buy 1 Regular Priced Pizza, Get 1 for $3.14.

Villa Italian Kitchen [Store Locator] is offering a coupon after sign-up for a Whole Cheese Neapolitan Pie for $3.14.

Hungry Howie's [Store Locator] is offering a 1-Topping Medium Pizza for $3.14 when you buy any Howie Bread at regular price.

Cici's Pizza [Store Locator] is offering a coupon for Buy 1 Adult Buffet, Get 1 for $3.14.

Bojangle's [Store Locator] is offering a Sweet Potato Pie for $3.14.

Whole Foods [Store Locator] is offering $3.14 off Large Bakery Pies.

Boston Market [Store Locator] is offering a coupon for a Free Chicken Pot Pie with Purchase of Pot Pie & Drink.

Kroger via Facebook [Store Locator] is offering Bakery Pies for $3.14.

Pie Five Pizza [Store Locator] is offering an 11" Pizza for $3.14. Build your own are regular price. Limit one per person. In-Store Only.

Plum Market [Store Locator] is offering a 6"Achatz Handmade Pie Co. Pie for $3.14.

Baker's Square [Store Locator] is offering $2 off any Whole Pie.

Papa Murphy's [Store Locator] is offering a Large 1-Topping Thin Crust Pizza for $3.14. Online Order.

Grand Traverse Pie Company [Store Locator] is offering A Slice of Michigan ABC Pie for Free with any purchase.

Cub Foods [Store Locator] is offering Bakery Pies for $3.14.
WHERE'S DE JACK'S PIZZA PIE DEALZ???? 10 FORE 10 DOLLA MANG!!!!!

Is it too late to get in on the ground floor of "I hated Stephen Hawking, he was such a jerk phony ass-face?"

Asking for a friend :whistle2:
Someone on a game I was playing last night argued how horrible and abusive he was six times in the few minutes after the news went public, so I asked them to cite sources for their defamation (because I couldn't find anything on Google about him angrily nudging people with his wheelchair) and they screeched WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM I DON'T HAVE TO PROVE IT TO A NOBODY STOP GANGING UP ON ME. So no, it's never too early to start ridiculing a severely paralyzed dead guy, who was one of our best theoretical physicists these past 20 years.

It's funnier if you make memes out of it, though. Like this:

50bebb5731f82.jpeg

Doesn't that say that the sequences are not taken from the game? (French is a little rusty, haven't routinely used it in almost 20 years).

New Tomb Raider on September 14th, new Prey sometime. The lead up to E3 already getting hype.

y u broken link again. u bad boi
This time I'm innocent - I copy/pasted the URL directly from my post and it's okay. The issue is CAG's filter/redirects. I guess Apple doesn't want Cheapy to get rich off links to the iTunes store. Meanwhile links to the Google Play store go through the filter okay.

I guess that settles the Apple vs Android debate.

Much better choice than a lot of their special characters over the years.

Frankly, I think this is the game I'm most looking forward too in 2018.
I've never been big into fighting games but I'm strangely looking forward to this too. Haven't played a soul caliber game since the GameCube or something like that but it looks pretty cool.

bread's done
Back