Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So there's a Bayonetta+Vanquish bundle on Fanatical. Weirdest fucking bundle ever. If you are some sort of fucking pleb asshole who has bought neither or these games, I would assume this bundle is good deal for these two games everyone should already have.
They are made by the same developer: PlatinumGames.

FNG

Last edited by a moderator:
They are made by the same developer: PlatinumGames.

FNG

This week on "Spot the butthurt fakeybro"...
Wowzers.

Umm ... so being "butthurt" against people makes me ... genuinely recommend what I think is a good deal to them? Ok then ...

I said "for those who don't have the games yet" in a tongue-in-cheek way to avert the inevitable "lol bad deal everyone already has those games" douchebag comments. Little did I know the douchebag sickness runs far deeper and more profound here on CAG.

Woof.

Well then, please go back to discussing pizza. Video game deals clearly elicit only violent anger.

Wowzers.

Umm ... so being "butthurt" against people makes me ... genuinely recommend what I think is a good deal to them? Ok then ...

I said "for those who don't have the games yet" in a tongue-in-cheek way to avert the inevitable "lol bad deal everyone already has those games" douchebag comments. Little did I know the douchebag sickness runs far deeper and more profound here on CAG.

Woof.

Well then, please go back to discussing pizza. Video game deals clearly elicit only violent anger.
All of the deal/PC discussion migrated to the spoderfox discord. The PC threads on CAG are essentially dead

I thought the hangout rendered these forums dead long before the hangout 2.0 discord.
Hangout rendered deal posting obsolete 4 years ago. Spoderfox is its own thing and probably has more discussions. Discord is a better version of a forum anyway.

Wowzers.

Woof.

Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid? Sarcasm sometimes gets lost online, maybe? Being a member of the douchebag group, I'd like to state we need a new president (Bruticis has abandoned us) and I would nominate you in a heartbeat. Comes with its own title: "Douchecanoe' or 'Douchenozzle", your pick. Interested?

The above was an example of the lovely sarcastic bullshittery we engage in here at CAG when there are 80 page HB Monthly surveys and Poopiez vocallective bundles and not much else. I'm rarely serious and I find it hard to get worked up on interweb forums. I apologize if I offended you... or your mom.

rcsample, secretary of the douchebag crew signing off.

Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid? Sarcasm sometimes gets lost online, maybe? Being a member of the douchebag group, I'd like to state we need a new president (Bruticis has abandoned us) and I would nominate you in a heartbeat. Comes with its own title: "Douchecanoe' or 'Douchenozzle", your pick. Interested?
Douchenozzle seems practical and functional whereas Douchecanoe seems like something befitting "Innerspace" or "Fantastic Voyage."

Personally, douchecanoe brings an air of distinction to the title.  That gets my vote.  As long as Ex continues his current trend of inane post and crappy opinions he will win the election for douceident in a landslide.  In fact,  Id like to open the discussion to making this position for life. 

Ai8UaFg.png

Everybody chill out - it's what Motoki would want.

Honestly this is very true. Steam sales have been in a downward spiral since 2013, and the golden age of bundles is past us as well. So the underwhelming deals tend to elicit negative emotions and put people on edge, whereas pizza brings everyone together, because who doesn't love pizza?

The above was an example of the lovely sarcastic bullshittery we engage in here at CAG when there are 80 page HB Monthly surveys and Poopiez vocallective bundles and not much else.
Say what you will about the tenets of CAG douchebaggery, dude. At least its an ethos.

I see the Resident Evil VII season pass is finally on sale.  $17.99 or $15.11 if you own the vanilla game and complete the Gold Edition Bundle (not sure why anyone wouldn't just pick this option).

Has anyone played the DLC for RE7?  I got the vanilla game as a gift a while back, but wanted to wait for the season pass to go on sale for a decent price so I could play it all at once.  Is it worth the $15 currently?

can that fox guy remind me if digital eclipse is the good porter or the bad one?

i always forget which one's which other than dotemu is bad

Edit: I ask cause of Street Fighter Collection

can that fox guy remind me if digital eclipse is the good porter or the bad one?

i always forget which one's which other than dotemu is bad

Edit: I ask cause of Street Fighter Collection
This is the same team that was behind The Disney Afternoon and the first Mega Man Legacy Collection on Steam. They're good people.

I would hold off on buying it right away, unless you want to get that free copy of Ultra Street Fighter IV. There's no preorder discount, so you have some time to shop around a bit.

If you were on our Discord you could have read Foxhack's rant about it already.
Hey now, I only ranted because Capcom made it more expensive in my region!

Anybody have any opinion on whether mirrors edge catalyst is worth 5 bucks
It's worth that.

Just, you know...like the original Mirror's Edge had some issues (not long of a game; and it's not that great at storytelling & character development) - well, so does Catalyst. Catalyst will last you longer - but is that a better thing or not here?

Some things improved (engine and graphics; and the storytelling...if that's saying much. Some things have changed (Catalyst is open-world now), but it's not always for the better (this one's a toss-up - nice to roam around the open-world and use it as your parkour jungle gym, but the game's not really littered w/ much interesting side-quests and whatnot).

Since Catalyst is a reboot, retelling some of the story from the original doesn't make for the most interesting stuff here (some of it feels like re-treading old waters that you already knew), though some stuff is taken in much different directions here this time around.

I'm still waiting for that one Mirror's Edge game to reach greatness - but the series hasn't done that just yet. It's solid overall and unique enough w/ the first-person parkour thing that it's worth a look, especially at this price.

Plus, the game's downright gorgeous, just like most games that have been on Frostbite.

EDIT:

More of my in-depth thoughts here on Catalyst:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/2132869574268371851/

Publishers: "33% off 3-year old AAA titles that still have MSRPs of $40-$60!"
Square Enix, for non JRPG titles, continues to buck this trend. This situation is even worse when you're trying to spend any left over Gabe Bux, with the changes to Steam gifting. Some of the new Lego games are super expensive in my region, with Lego City Undercover having a $70 CAD MSRP. I hope it gets adjusted with due time, perhaps close to the Summer Sale. And MGS V is also allergic to discounts, on Steam's storefront anyways. It's MSRP is actually not the main problem, however. The console versions seem to get better deals for this game.

This is the same team that was behind The Disney Afternoon and the first Mega Man Legacy Collection on Steam. They're good people.

I would hold off on buying it right away
I'm a user on CAG. You know damn well I won't be buying this for 2 years.

I didn't even buy MMLC2 or Disney yet. Speaking of MMLC2, was that not Digital Eclipse?

Steam client was updated today, includes high-DPI support for Windows 10 (looks much better now) and this one for MysterD:

Improved behavior when re-installing from retail discs or backup files, preferring to avoid downloads whenever possible

Steam client was updated today, includes high-DPI support for Windows 10 (looks much better now) and this one for MysterD:

Improved behavior when re-installing from retail discs or backup files, preferring to avoid downloads whenever possible
tenor.gif

bread's done
Back