Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Never did play The Curse of Monkey Island....good to know!
If you like adventure games (especially LucasArts ones) then it's a must play for sure. Great humor, lovely 2D animation, some really good voice work (including Alan Young, which was his only non-Scrooge McDuck performance in a game I believe) and just a fun adventure game all around.

Curse of Monkey Island is a great adventure game with the only major drawback being the somewhat... I can't say 'abrupt' ending but it's fairly underwhelming compared to the first couple of games. Also the first voiced entry into the series including the aforementioned Alan Young, Dominic Armarto as Guybrush, and (imo, the best) Earl Boen as LeChuck.

Another (even older) LucasArts adventure game worth playing is Loom. It's different than standard adventure games at the time in that there aren't any items or inventory; rather, you solve puzzles through your staff that generates musical notes.

Another (even older) LucasArts adventure game worth playing is Loom. It's different than standard adventure games at the time in that there aren't any items or inventory; rather, you solve puzzles through your staff that generates musical notes.
L3z2g4R.jpg

Ni No Kuniii.

Also, why did YouTube decide to randomly resubscribe me to a bunch of channels?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who don't own it already NieR: Automata is on sale at Green Man Gaming for $23.99 for 24 hours.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/nier-automata-steam/

You have to add it to your cart to see the updated sale price. Same goes for the "3C3C1D119440927" DLC (which is $10.91 when added to the cart).

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/nierautomata-3c3c1d119440927/
Is this the best I can expect from japanese Square Enix? i normally prefer to wait til something like this is $10, but the japanese square games besides Last Remnant seems to only do 50% off

Is this the best I can expect from japanese Square Enix? i normally prefer to wait til something like this is $10, but the japanese square games besides Last Remnant seems to only do 50% off
Probably, unless Newegg or Ubisoft store (if Ubisoft carries it.. too lazy to check) discount it to 75% off. There are sometimes random glitches on the Square Enix store too.

I sure hope you're joking

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/brywV6

Thrown together...obviously the 1070 prices are ridic right now but that will add about $350 more. Can lower the SSD size, get an air cooler instead of water, l ower the timings and speed of RAm to drop the price even more.

The peripherals u get with that one PC is ass

HoYp1cA.gif

MRW I'm about to comment about people not reading the post saying he has to buy from gamestop because he has gamestop credit, but then I read the post and see he converted it into cash.

Speaking of Ni No Kuni, any discounts for buying it anywhere? I haven't kept up with my game buying outside of Steam over the last year so I have no idea what other sites people are using.

Speaking of Ni No Kuni, any discounts for buying it anywhere? I haven't kept up with my game buying outside of Steam over the last year so I have no idea what other sites people are using.
Funny enough it looks like Indiegala has it for the cheapest price before any possible vouchers:

https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom/589360

$50.99, plus they're doing that Razer zGold thing where you can get an extra 10% off using Razer zGold. That's the lowest price I know of at the moment.

Nice! You definitely have more options now.

If you're looking to get a pre-built PC, Dell currently has a coupon code for 17% off their XPS towers. Here's one I configured (the price shown is BEFORE the discount):

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/xps-tower/spd/xps-8930-desktop/dxcwvmax004h?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjE1MjkuOTksIk9DIjoiZHhjd3ZtYXgwMDRoIiwiUXR5IjoxLCJNb2RzIjpbeyJJZCI6MTQ2LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IjdGQ0ozRCIsIlByaWNlIjozNTAuMH1dfSx7IklkIjo4LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IjI1NlNTRCIsIlByaWNlIjoxODAuMH1dfSx7IklkIjo2LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IkdLVjNISlEiLCJQcmljZSI6NTAwLjB9XX1dfQ%253D%253D

Comes out to $1269 before tax. Same price as the HP Omen you linked, but the Dell has a better processor and video card.

Regardless of what you end up going with, one thing you ABSOLUTELY want is an SSD (solid-state drive) rather than a traditional hard drive. The HP Omen you linked does not have one. The CyberPowerPC does.
And I'd suggest that you drop the CPU down to the non-K version as you seem like the type unlikely to overclock. Use that extra $100 to upgrade the GPU to the 1080. I think the vanilla 8700 CPU will serve you well for a long time anyway. The GPU is what does the vast majority of the heavy lifting anyway.

NewEgg Sale:

Retail-boxed PC games w/ Free Shipping.

Price listed is after whatever the coupon code is (check your e-mail for the code).

Games are listed below according to what service and account you'd be stuck with being attached to.

Battle.net

Destiny 2 = $20

Overwatch GOTY = $20

Steam

COD: WW2 (Physical key only / no discs) = $25

The Evil Within 2 = $18

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus = $20

Wolfenstein: Two Pack (Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood) = $10

EA Origin

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017 by DICE) [Physical key only / no discs] = $25

They're largely comparable for the value. The processors are pretty much even and the Ti is a better GPU but is costing you more.

I went to Dell and configured this system for $1,260 (plus tax/shipping) using their current SAVE17 coupon code:

Alienware Aurora R7 Base

• Intel® Core™ i5 8400 (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
  • Alienware™ 460 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X
  • 16GB, 2666MHz, DDR4 up to 64GB (Additional memory sold separately)
  • 128GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
The i5-8400 is the sweet spot for price/performance if you're not overclocking and you'd be spending close to four digits for the 1080 alone retail.

If you're looking to get a pre-built PC, Dell currently has a coupon code for 17% off their XPS towers. Here's one I configured (the price shown is BEFORE the discount):

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/xps-tower/spd/xps-8930-desktop/dxcwvmax004h?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjE1MjkuOTksIk9DIjoiZHhjd3ZtYXgwMDRoIiwiUXR5IjoxLCJNb2RzIjpbeyJJZCI6MTQ2LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IjdGQ0ozRCIsIlByaWNlIjozNTAuMH1dfSx7IklkIjo4LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IjI1NlNTRCIsIlByaWNlIjoxODAuMH1dfSx7IklkIjo2LCJPcHRzIjpbeyJJZCI6IkdLVjNISlEiLCJQcmljZSI6NTAwLjB9XX1dfQ%253D%253D

Comes out to $1269 before tax. Same price as the HP Omen you linked, but the Dell has a better processor and video card.

Regardless of what you end up going with, one thing you ABSOLUTELY want is an SSD (solid-state drive) rather than a traditional hard drive. The HP Omen you linked does not have one. The CyberPowerPC does.
wow, ram/gpu prices has really jumped the prices of systems. These all seem really expensive to me, but then again outside of gpu I havent built a box in like 6 years, and its been 2+ with the same gpu.

ssd is a must, at least for your os drive. 256 is bare bones but you are on a budget. you will still need a complimentary mechanical drive eventually. With the size of games now yo may only get 1 or 2 on the ssd. What that means is you load your currently or often played heavy game on ssd and other casual shit goes on mechanical.

if you can get a 1080 do it. Too bad that one box for $1000 with a 1080 deal is gone. Id sit a bit and wait for a better deal then what ive seen posted.

I took the same and decreased the processor to the non-K, upgraded to a 1080 and added a 1TB storage drive. $1,300

XPS 8930 Base

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700 6-Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)

Windows 10 Home 64bit English

16GB, 2666MHz, DDR4 up to 64GB (Additional memory sold separately)

XPS 8930, Mainstream Chassis (460W)

256GB PCIe x4 SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X Graphics Memory

Stuff costs more and it's unlikely to change in the near future. GPU prices are inflated by cryptocurrency and memory is just a matter of demand in mobile devices, consoles, and everything else these days. Frankly, I'd just find the best deal you can now rather than waiting eight months hoping to save $200.

Certainly any of the Dell options presented is a better deal than the Best Buy boxes.

Go to a local shop and have someone build it for you for a slight markup on parts. They will almost certainly offer to service it for free for a couple of years thereafter which is a lot better than dealing with outsourced corporate customer support.

Realtime edit: Forgot about GPU prices... that option is out the window unless you're happy with a 1050ti either permanently or on a temporary bssis.

Biggest issue with prebuilts is you don't know the make/quality of the components going into them.

Except AMD is better for Price/Performance...
The premium you pay at Dell for the Intel option is more than offset by the relative affordability of the 1080 option.

You can get an Intel system with a 1080, prebuilt and covered under a single warranty for less than the price of your AMD homebuilt system with a 1070.

The premium you pay at Dell for the Intel option is more than offset by the relative affordability of the 1080 option.

You can get an Intel system with a 1080, prebuilt and covered under a single warranty for less than the price of your AMD homebuilt system with a 1070.
The only reason is due to the bullshit mining craze. Right now is a horrible time to buy or build.

100% waste of money right now.

"Right now" is a bad time.  So was five months ago.  So will be five months from now unless something major changes.

The question is what's his best option right now, not at some unspecified period in the future where maybe everything is daisies and rainbows again.  A Dell i7-8700 with a 1080 for less money than a home built Ryzen 5-1600 with a 1070 is easily the better option.

The only reason is due to the bullshit mining craze. Right now is a horrible time to buy or build.

100% waste of money right now.
Yep, really easy to put all of this stuff on the backburner until 2019. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Right now, PC is the best way to play great games that are 1-3 years old through Humble Monthly and the occasional bundle. That's about it. It's terrible value for new release gaming when you have to wait several months for PC ports and then they're launched at $59.99. It's especially bad if you are in need of new components or a whole new rig.

It's terrible value for new release gaming when you have to wait several months for PC ports and then they're launched at $59.99.
Remind me of that in three days when I'm playing my $50 copy of FC5 Gold :whistle2:

Plus everyone acts like buying Day One is for tools, then they get their panties knotted up that someone else played a game 45 days before them.

"Right now" is a bad time. So was five months ago. So will be five months from now unless something major changes.

The question is what's his best option right now, not at some unspecified period in the future where maybe everything is daisies and rainbows again. A Dell i7-8700 with a 1080 for less money than a home built Ryzen 5-1600 with a 1070 is easily the better option.
Right now, the best move is to get a Playstation. If you want to get technical.

It's not even close. $200 PS4 or overpriced pre-built with some crappy components. In the mean time start your humble monthly subscription and build a PC game library. The answer is obvious, whether you choose to accept it or not.

If I was him, and absolutely had to have a new gaming pc immediately, I'd attempt to buy a used rig from someone dumb enough to be upgrading to a brand new build right now.

$200 PS4 or overpriced pre-built with some crappy components.
I don't think anyone should be using "crappy components" as a counterpoint to consoles :lol:

Although you COULD save a lot of money and get that sweet PS4 experience if you can find a used 7870 somewhere. Like a computer left on the side of the road.

bread's done
Back