Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say that some of the FC5 initial hype was a bit of projection, hoping that Ubi was going to use the medium to say 'a little bit more' than the usual shooty-shooty mayhem. However, I think it's also fair to say that Ubi initially did little to dissuade people of this idea. Now, over the course of development, they went ahead and said, nah dude, it's a *Far Cry* game with all that entails.  It's kinda like that first Dead Island trailer that looked so fresh and such a different take on a zombie game, then they went nah son, you just whack a bunch of zombies with no emotional impact. Doesnt mean those are bad games, just not *quite* what they initially presented themselves as. 

Except FC5 never presented itself as something radically different.  It has always been "It's Far Cry in Montana".  Here's the "Reveal trailer" from way back when.  Some build up, charismatic bad guy talking... oh hey, now it's all explosions and shooting and brightly colored vehicles jumping ramps and people being eaten by bears and you'd almost think this was a Far Cry game, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLuf-BzHCQs​

But even if we were to pretend that ten months ago they were being all hush hush about it, they've certainly said so enough times since.  For some game reviewer dork to clutch his pearls and sigh at how this isn't the Very Important Game he dreamed of that would prove Video Games Are A Relevant Art Form requires him to have sat with a bucket over his head for the past six months. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ubi had a chance to talk about important issues w/ Watch Dogs 1 and they didn't. WD2 looks like it went into an even over-the-top and comedic route anyways. So, what makes anyone really think they'd talk about serious issues with Far Cry 5?

Ubi had a chance to talk about important issues w/ Watch Dogs 1 and they didn't. WD2 looks like it went into an even over-the-top and comedic route anyways. So, what makes anyone really think they'd talk about serious issues with Far Cry 5?
There's Poop in my Soup had a chance to talk about important issues, this is true for every game including Bloody Boobs. So what? Just because you can doesn't mean you should or that you even want to....

Wait... So Far Cry 5 isn't a deep social commentary about economical, racial, sexual, political, and pizza preference divide in the USA?

Admittedly, I haven't read most of the commentary on FC5, but I seriously doubt that game journalists expected FC5 to be an intelligent analysis of real world politics. I believe what a lot of them are saying is that it's just another missed opportunity in a long list of missed opportunities for the franchise. Going all the way back to the first Far Cry, the game has always teased that there was more to the game than there actually is, so it's always a bit of a disappointment that the game doesn't do more.

I guess Steam now can register your controller so it saves the config/recognizes it on any PC. Oh and you have no choice on that, I mean it asks you if you want to but then the options are: Yes, or This isn't my account. Tried just closing out of Big Picture, they didn't like that and popped it back up, bastards. 

To answer the potential question, yes I have Big Picture mode (or w.e.) on but don't use it. Need it for the few games I play with a controller to actually recognize my old ass controller. 

I believe what a lot of them are saying is that it's just another missed opportunity in a long list of missed opportunities for the franchise. Going all the way back to the first Far Cry, the game has always teased that there was more to the game than there actually is, so it's always a bit of a disappointment that the game doesn't do more.
I think the expectation that there's going to be "more" is projection on the part of the reviewer which goes back to my assessment that you have people who earnestly want video games to be Very Important to validate their worth. In reality, games almost always fail in tackling Important Topics, especially when trying to mesh those topics with entertainment. Far Cry definitely makes the correct choice to place the real world relevance of its framework on the back burner in favor of fun game play. It's a tough load to shoulder when you're saying "Here's some very relevant and thought-provoking commentary about the state of rural poverty in America. Now go run some cultists with flamethrowers over in a combine while Hurk's mom shouts sexually suggestive statements from a chaingun laden helicopter overhead"

Reviewers and some gamers always get jazzed up when games flirt with meaningful commentary like a bird skimming along the surface of a lake, wishing that it would take the plunge into the water. But a bird that's swimming isn't flying and a game actively worrying about being Very Meaningful typically isn't much fun. I can't think of an exception in my own personal experience.

Damn, that bird allegory was deep and profound. I should work it into a video game.

Still waiting for my PC to ship from Dell. Order details say that it will arrive by May 23rd [emoji19]. So in the meantime I will be trying to re-build my library if possible sooo I need some advice:

Is The Humble Bundle sub worth it at this point? I already missed out on some games that I REALLY wanted like Quantum Break and Dark Souls 3

What is Groupees? Does this have anything to do with group buys or is that something different?

So far I’ve noticed that PC games are constantly on sale, are there certain times of the year when the deals are best and what are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting for my PC to ship from Dell. Order details say that it will arrive by May 23rd [emoji19]. So in the meantime I will be trying to re-build my library if possible sooo I need some advice:

Is The Humble Bundle sub worth it at this point? I already missed out on some games that I REALLY wanted like Quantum Break and Dark Souls 3

What is Groupees? Does this have anything to do with group buys or is that something different?

So far I’ve noticed that PC games are constantly on sale, are there certain times of the year when the deals are best and what are they?

As far as the Humble Monthly. If you have liked the games in the past then I would say yes it is worth it. While the weekly bundles seem to be going downhill the monthly really hasn't. The biggest downside to the monthly is Humble constantly rebundling things from the monthly in the weekly bundle $1 and BTA tiers. Not usually an issue for the headliner games though. If you are looking to build a collection of playable games via bundles Humble is definitely your best bet even though they aren't what they once were. Sometimes there will be an interesting bundle at Fanatical or Indie Gala but it is rare.

What is Groupees? At this point it is a random terrible bundle site. No real need to know who they are. Just pretend they don't exist.

On PC game sales. Steam has 2 "big" sales a year, summer and winter. For the most part the best deals will be on 3rd party sites though. I think people only really buy through steam when they have steam bucks or bought steam bucks for a discount.

Also, this thread really isn't your best bet for finding good PC game deals. Reddit or steamgifts are better imo. Can't talk about pizza or random hardware there though.

As far as the Humble Monthly. If you have liked the games in the past then I would say yes it is worth it. While the weekly bundles seem to be going downhill the monthly really hasn't. If you are looking to build a collection of playable games via bundles Humble is definitely your best bet even though they aren't what they once were. Sometimes there will be an interesting bundle at Fanatical or Indie Gala but it is rare.

What is Groupees? At this point it is a random terrible bundle site. No real need to know who they are. Just pretend they don't exist.

On PC game sales. Steam has 2 "big" sales a year, summer and winter. For the most part the best deals will be on 3rd party sites though. I think people only really buy through steam when they have steam bucks or bought steam bucks for a discount.

Also, this thread really isn't your best bet for finding good PC game deals. Reddit or steamgifts are better imo. Can't talk about pizza or random hardware there though.
To add, you can browse different sites for different deals:

Gamersgate.com - PC gaming site, has some deals every now and then but not the best

Greenmangaming.com - probably one of the more consistent sites for deals

Fanatical.com - bundle site but they run sales and they have "Star deals" ever 1-2 days with usually great prices

Chrono.gg - they run one game a day on sale, usually indie stuff, but sometimes very good deals

Humblebundle.com - on top of their bundles they also have a store with decent deals from time to time

Am I missing anything worthwhile? I probably am so feel free to add.

GamesRepublic, DLGamer and GameBillet are all digital game stores that continue to exist for some reason despite never having a decent sale on anything.

In regards to the Humble Monthly, my own view is to not buy unless I'm interested in the revealed headliner(s).  Some people here would buy them despite owning the headliner so they could sell it to offset the rest of the bundle but I'm too lazy and antisocial for that.  I wouldn't subscribe because too many games are either things I own or else of marginal interest and the 'savings' for a year's worth isn't worth it to me.

Enhanced Steam for your browser is very helpful to know what a historical low is and where a game has the best price right now. ITAD is also helpful.

You can have my copy of Dark Souls 3 from humble. Like Syntax, I'm too lazy to sell bundle leftovers. Fortunately for you I've taken that laziness to a new level but not even pausing my sub when the headliner doesn't interest me. We all win!

Wait... So Far Cry 5 isn't a deep social commentary about economical, racial, sexual, political, and pizza preference divide in the USA?
Oh, we definitely need a game having social commentary about pizza, burgers & shoes.

EDIT:

Spec Ops: The LIne:

3AHVW-K830H-QB5LP
Now there's an underrated game (single player campaign only) that has some commentary on important issues. Great story, character development, and commentary. Third-person shooting was solid enough.

Enhanced Steam for your browser is very helpful to know what a historical low is and where a game has the best price right now. ITAD is also helpful.
This helps a lot! Thanks!

Thanks again guys for the help!

You can have my copy of Dark Souls 3 from humble. Like Syntax, I'm too lazy to sell bundle leftovers. Fortunately for you I've taken that laziness to a new level but not even pausing my sub when the headliner doesn't interest me. We all win!
Thank you! [emoji2]

Humble is the only worthwhile bundler any more. The occasional bundlestars (Fanatical) is alright, but still 70% trash at best.

Group buys pertain to Indie gala usually, but like bundlestars, it's almost always trash now. Not really worth dealing with, imo.

Groupees is below bottom tier. Don't even bother checking them out.

A lot of stuff gets bundled or deep-discounted following being bundled. If there's something you really want that's been bundled, check shady sites like Kinguin or CDkeys.

Sales happen all the time. Steam does season stuff, and you'll hear about it on any major gaming forum long before they pop up.

Edit: also - stop posting, you bastard. I've been waiting for crypto to crash so I can finally build a pc instead of buying a pre-build and you're making me falter in my convictions!

How do the Humble pauses work?  you can just pause and start it again whenever?

Group buys pertain to Indie gala usually, but like bundlestars, it's almost always trash now. Not really worth dealing with, imo.
Sadly the group buys are also going to be much tougher soon thanks to PayPal adding $3-$5 fees to friends+family transfers starting in mid-April.

It doesn't look like anyone's reached a consensus for an alternative that allows international transfers with minimal or no fees, unless I've missed something. Revolut is close but apparently has some drawbacks and is not available everywhere.

I guess that leaves us with Hamble Re-Bundles and 33% off Steam sales.

lgvc2W3.gif

Reviewers and some gamers always get jazzed up when games flirt with meaningful commentary like a bird skimming along the surface of a lake, wishing that it would take the plunge into the water. But a bird that's swimming isn't flying and a game actively worrying about being Very Meaningful typically isn't much fun. I can't think of an exception in my own personal experience.

Damn, that bird allegory was deep and profound. I should work it into a video game.
Man, haven't seen syntax this passionate about something since the great ketchup and hotdog debate.

As far as websites go greenmangaming, humble, fanatical, and steam are about the only ones with decent deals lately unless you mess with the zgold nonsense on gamersgate. A good website for checking prices is isthereanydeal.com. It works pretty much like enhanced steam but tells you historical lows and if stuff has been apart of bundles or not (not sure if enhanced steam does that) and I've always been too lazy to install enhanced steam.

IMO, it's not worth the fairly paltry savings of buying a long-term sub to the Humble Monthly.  If you see a monthly with headline games you want, grab it and hope the unlocks are okay.  If the headline games look like crap just cancel/pause your sub.

Sadly the group buys are also going to be much tougher soon thanks to PayPal adding $3-$5 fees to friends+family transfers starting in mid-April.
For some reason I thought this was only international payments? Do they still plan on charging the fee if both people are in the same country?

IMO, it's not worth the fairly paltry savings of buying a long-term sub to the Humble Monthly. If you see a monthly with headline games you want, grab it and hope the unlocks are okay. If the headline games look like crap just cancel/pause your sub.
well you can buy a long term sub and then pause if the headline games are shit, which i guess i'm going to be doing after this month thanks to paypal doing what they are. This paypal switch is going to cost me tens of dollars a year. TENS!

Humble is the only worthwhile bundler any more. The occasional bundlestars (Fanatical) is alright, but still 70% trash at best.

Groupees is below bottom tier. Don't even bother checking them out.

A lot of stuff gets bundled or deep-discounted following being bundled. If there's something you really want that's been bundled, check shady sites like Kinguin or CDkeys.

Sales happen all the time. Steam does season stuff, and you'll hear about it on any major gaming forum long before they pop up.

Edit: also - stop posting, you bastard. I've been waiting for crypto to crash so I can finally build a pc instead of buying a pre-build and you're making me falter in my convictions!
[emoji23]

Well if this guy has any credit then you might be waiting for a very long time:

https://youtu.be/QaAxLJpvH5I

Also, I finally got a shipping confirmation!! My rig is expected to arrive Tuesday!

For some reason I thought this was only international payments? Do they still plan on charging the fee if both people are in the same country?
Sounds like it's only international.

"We’re removing the variable rate pricing for sending money to friends and family members who have PayPal accounts in a country other than the United States when you send money using PayPal balance or your bank account and introducing a new flat fee of $2.99 or $4.99 per transaction depending on the recipient’s country. However, when you send money using your credit card, debit card, or PayPal credit you will be charged the new flat fee per transaction depending on the recipient’s country + 2.9% of the transaction amount + a fixed fee based on the currency."

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=en

Yea I should clarified the new fees will be for US-based accounts doing international transfers.

On a totally unrelated note, how might I convince Manueluis to move to the US?

There's a dude on eBay with a couple FC5 codes from the Samsung offer for sale.  He's charging $50 but with the 15% eBay coupon today that would be $42.50 for it.  He's the only guy I've seen selling legitimate keys and not "Give me your Steam account and I'll activate it " or "Offline only version" garbage.

There's a dude from Hungary claiming to sell "Global" keys for $40 but I'm skeptical since I know there's separate NA and EU keys.  Maybe there's global keys as well from the promos, I dunno.  He also has zero feedback though.

There's a dude on eBay with a couple FC5 codes from the Samsung offer for sale. He's charging $50 but with the 15% eBay coupon today that would be $42.50 for it. He's the only guy I've seen selling legitimate keys and not "Give me your Steam account and I'll activate it " or "Offline only version" garbage.

There's a dude from Hungary claiming to sell "Global" keys for $40 but I'm skeptical since I know there's separate NA and EU keys. Maybe there's global keys as well from the promos, I dunno. He also has zero feedback though.
That coupon is not applicable to anything like the prior 20% off one was. Only select items.

That coupon is not applicable to anything like the prior 20% off one was. Only select items.
HEY "DOCTOR" WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO READ?

Terms & Conditions:

The Coupon is a 15% discount off a minimum purchase of $50, valid from 8:00 AM PT March 30, 2018 until 11:00 AM PT on March 30, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on the latest version of the eBay app and will be capped at a maximum value of $100. Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.

It is a $50 minimum though and the dude is selling for $49.99 (of course) so that could be a problem.  You can find a 60-80¢ free shipping item to add but it's still another almost-buck to spend.

Edit: Probably a moot point anyone as he seems to only have one key left

Yea I should clarified the new fees will be for US-based accounts doing international transfers.

On a totally unrelated note, how might I convince Manueluis to move to the US?
and you can always pay for goods and services which will no doubt be cheaper.

As I said before... it will cut into profita but we'll adapt. (I mean if it's too expensive than people will just jump to a different service.)

ALSO "DOCTOR" 34'' LG CURVED ULTRAWIDE WITH FREESYNC FOR $449.99:

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIAC4Z5241544
as a decade plus amd gpu user im saying dont go down the rabbit hole. AMD is ass now. Also reports of the last set of amd drivers killing cards. Happened to someone I know and you can find reports others experiencing this "coincidence" of cards going bad right after the update this week.

HEY "DOCTOR" WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO READ?

Terms & Conditions:
The Coupon is a 15% discount off a minimum purchase of $50, valid from 8:00 AM PT March 30, 2018 until 11:00 AM PT on March 30, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on the latest version of the eBay app and will be capped at a maximum value of $100. Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.
Looks like I got a different coupon - it only applies to specific sellers... Weird -Is the one you have widely available and generic code?

EDIT - I found the APP offer. Ultrawide monitor for me??? Probably not.

I'm only a Doctor of Rock. Not eBay. And by Rock, now that I'm a dad, that applies to only rocking my baby.

You should use your AMD card to mine some bitcoins and buy a real computer with a working GPU.
Because I am a Grand Wizard of the PC Master Race I have solved all my problems. I cant control AMD's crap coding of drivers of the fact that they have ceded the high end market to nvidia and their so called high end cards are just reason to milk the cryptominers. I will be team green next time I upgrade.

bread's done
Back