Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Enemy Front = Steam game #2000.

HOORAY!!!

tenor.gif

i'm still iffy if i should buy jc3xl or not just because i think it might be in the monthly

they won't have weekly bundles during spring sales but won't tell me what's in the monthly!

Watched some video of State of Derpcay 2.  Can not tell the difference between it and State of Derpcay 1 aside from better graphics and co-op.

The Rebel Galaxy sequel, however, is looking amazing: https://twitter.com/RebelGalaxy

Anyone who loved Wing Commander and Freelancer will no doubt love it (videos on the twitter feed).

Last edited by a moderator:
The only think I remember about Port Royale was that when trading cards were still a newish thing, they had a chat icon that was of a marijuana leaf that was routinely selling for $15-20, so you could sell cards from it at a ridiculous premium.
At the time, Port Royale was one of the best trading simulators I had. I don't recall buying any of the follow on's but maybe I did.

Same price as Nuuvem preorder. Thanks for all the bundle sacrifices, I'll wait until it's in a monthly to add it to my backlog.

Only Amazon is incompetent enough to restock price glitch for 4 times.

Not even Gamersgate does that.
it's about ethics in restocking

e: reminder battletech is from the guys that made the recent (good) Shadowrun games and as much as I liked them, the price on them dropped like a fuckin rock

The only think I remember about Port Royale was that when trading cards were still a newish thing, they had a chat icon that was of a marijuana leaf that was routinely selling for $15-20, so you could sell cards from it at a ridiculous premium.
That icon still sells for like $6, looked it up to tell a friend about it recently.

Port Royale was fun, though Pirates! is still better overall. Port Royale felt a little more vast / empty.

As for Battletech, it's all right. Played near 60 hours, but there's pretty much 0 variation. The older MechCommander games were better, IMO.

The new game has the issue of weapon balance (LRM/M Laser/AC20 being the only things usable), and single lance (4 mechs) with no weight limit. And the mechs are heavily skewed to favor 1-2 mechs per weight class. Makes it really samey-samey. The old MechCommanders made almost every weapon viable, with weight being the main factor of your drops instead of a single lance, and most mechs were viable.

It's the same person involved with MechCommander / Battletech / Shadowrun games, btw.

tl;dr: If you're not already a fan, it won't make you one.

Port Royale was fun, though Pirates! is still better overall. Port Royale felt a little more vast / empty.

As for Battletech, it's all right. Played near 60 hours, but there's pretty much 0 variation. The older MechCommander games were better, IMO.

The new game has the issue of weapon balance (LRM/M Laser/AC20 being the only things usable), and single lance (4 mechs) with no weight limit. And the mechs are heavily skewed to favor 1-2 mechs per weight class. Makes it really samey-samey. The old MechCommanders made almost every weapon viable, with weight being the main factor of your drops instead of a single lance, and most mechs were viable.

It's the same person involved with MechCommander / Battletech / Shadowrun games, btw.

They can win me over easily: put their game in the Humble Monthly...AMIRITE?!?!?!?!?

Battlefield V: No premium pass and No "paid to win" lootboxes according to Dice. 

I'll believe it when I see it, EA can easily consider, they didn't mention any future maps either.

Yea thats one of my concerns, its EA and they can easily fuck up a good thing.  All the new stuff looks great, but if they battlefront-ified the gameplay and dumbed it down to hell then its a no go. Also if they dont keep churning out the maps it will die off quickly. The base ~9 maps is good for a little while and lasts a few months, but to keep a game going for 2 years it really needs the 25-30+ maps of the previous versions

Also battlefronting the maps turns out horribly, where they will push out '5 NEW AWESOME MAPS!' but really only 1 is for the mode that everyone plays so the other 4 you never see cause no one gives a damn about that game mode.

Crazy Machines 3- GCHH0-NYQGJ-ZW943
Jalopy- DGKZ5-WKY6J-GJEDH
Kerbal Space Program- EB8PH-LEKYL-IQP42
Subterrain- INXBY-QVQ8A-R52RC
Skullgirls- F9NJJ-08HVW-KQ6KP
Aviary Attorney- MK802-K9Z26-API48
Holy Potatoes! We're in Space?!- N24L4-0ZNBE-PEMFH
Scanner Sombre- K6D97-EV3EW-DQ6EL
Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy-0HLQA-ZKPEK-IY68F
Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You- KX0JI-LCZQ0-QHP7B
The Shrouded Isle-JZLMC-ANKYF-H8DQW
KXVCK-8MW93-IQYME

You know there will be DLC for multiple lances and balancing. I've enjoyed my time in it and I like that they made it more similar to xcom and that is why I imagine there will be a lot of DLC in battletechs future.

PPC when it hits is a pretty damn good weapon, problem is it seems to only hit 10% of the time.

PPC when it hits is a pretty damn good weapon, problem is it seems to only hit 10% of the time.
2x PPC = 14 tons, 6 slots, 100 dmg, 40 stab, and 80 heat.

1x AC20 = 14 tons, 4 slots, 100 dmg, 40 stab, and 25 heat.

You need 17 tons of heat sinks to continuously use PPCs, vs 1-2 tons of ammo.

Or you can use AC5s:

2x AC5s = 16 tons, 4 slots, 90 dmg, 20 stab, and 20 heat.

PPCs are supposed to be good, but they're not. Compared to M.Lasers:

7x M.Laser = 7 tons, 7 slots, 175 dmg, 0 stab, 70 heat, and inherent +1 accuracy.

Pair M.Laser with SRM/LRM and there's absolutely 0 reason to use PPCs in this game.

bread's done
Back