Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Real gamers drink this

electrolit-625ml.jpg

I've actually been seeing this in the US more and more. So...

I haven't had a soda in 10 years. When I was in college I had this annoying neighbor who always wanted to hang out at my place, until one day I confronted him and asked him if the only reason he was always at my apartment was so he could grab sodas from my fridge. Dude at least was honest and said he just wanted free soda. I stopped buying/drinking soda because of that jerk...or maybe I'm the jerk in this story, who knows, you be the judge.

Red.

I was curious about this, so I did a google search.
I figured there may be like 10 flavors beyond the 3 I typically remember (Orange, Yellow, Red).
Why in the world are there like 30 flavors of gatorade? Noone is exercising that much.
Watermelon Citrus and Cucumber Lime - they are specifically Mexican flavors and I love them. Their scientists pegged me right.

Gatorade is a sham. The only people who really need the electrolytes in them are college/professional athletes doing extreme training. The average joe is basically just drinking a non-carbonated Coca-cola with a different flavor.
I drink it because I like the taste and it keeps me hydrated during PUBG.

gonna get some hate but can i use a controller for Flight Simulator? Im new to pc but already comfortable with xbox controllers so while I learn I like to use a controller for a little
Flight games work better with a joystick so I would recommend using a controller or buying a dedicated controller like the turtle below said.

Don't know details for Flight Simulator but the M+KB superiority thing is more for shooters. I doubt anyone would seriously blame you for using a controller with a flight sim.

If anything, you should buy a real flight stick and stop being such a casual ;)

Judging from the forums, it sounds as though "partial controller support" means you still need the mouse and keyboard for some functions (too much stuff to map to a controller) but the controller works fine for flight controls.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/618457398967286373/

I was going to go on a rant of how gatorade is a terrible source of electrolytes, but then I remembered we are all a bunch of dorks who eat 2 dollar pizza.
Hey, Totino's is only $1.36 at walmart. I got a few this weekend because I had a very specific craving.

Also, careful about the Gatorade talk, might get banned.

Watermelon Citrus and Cucumber Lime - they are specifically Mexican flavors and I love them. Their scientists pegged me right.

I drink it because I like the taste and it keeps me hydrated during PUBG.

Flight games work better with a joystick so I would recommend using a controller or buying a dedicated controller like the turtle below said.

Hey, Totino's is only $1.36 at walmart. I got a few this weekend because I had a very specific craving.

Also, careful about the Gatorade talk, might get banned.
I guess they only drink Powerade in this forum.

State of Derpcay YOSE on Uplay asked me to log into Steam when I tried installing it. But for games like Ass Creed and Tom Clancy, I'd suggest owning them right on Uplay.

And I don't fuck s with Gatorade. Brawndo is the thirst mutilator.
What's nice with YOSE on Uplay is: you can just use Steam. Never need to download and install from UPLAY.

I pretty much took the YOSE key from my UPLAY account, activated that key on Steam, downloaded the game from Steam, play the game from Steam. Never have to deal w/ UPLAY again for YOSE.

But, yeah - 1st party Ubi titles are fine to have on Uplay, since you skip the Steam-version double-client Steam & Uplay whammy entirely and especially since UPlay versions can often be had for much cheaper...since often Ubi prices up Steam-versions b/c they've giving Steam around 30% or so of each sale. With UPlay versions, no cut goes to Steam.

Only thing that sucks for owning Uplay titles only there - just like most services, they're horrible for their community tools. Steam's Community and Features tools for screen-shot taking and whatnot is tons better.

EDIT:

UPlay sometimes sells games that aren't based on UPlay. Pretty sure SoD:YOSE is only sold in either Steam or Microsoft store variants.
YOSE currently only comes in Steam versions for the PC. Thank God, since I don't really care for Windows Store versions of games; those can have issue w/ downloads, installs, moving the game-folder, accessing the game-folder, and stuff of that sort. Until they revamp, overhaul, and/or fix their W10 Games System, I don't really want to buy any W10 Exclusives over there, unless it's only there (i.e. go see Gears of War 4 and Forza games).

Checked the Windows Store and no PC version of YOSE is there; only XBOX. It's not a Play Anywhere title (i.e. play on Windows 10 or XBOX One).

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna get some hate but can i use a controller for Flight Simulator? Im new to pc but already comfortable with xbox controllers so while I learn I like to use a controller for a little
photo-354678.png

Are you seriously going to sit there and do nothing while these punks talk shit about Gatorade?

I was at a hockey game last week and they only had Powerade.

I was also told to “quiet down” and “stop using bad language because there’s kids around and this is a family atmosphere”. A family atmosphere that serves liquor where you watch grown men violently smash each other, hit each other with sticks, and sometimes fist fight. I was not being over the top, I was being a basic passionate fan, and it was only 2 people who had issue with it out of the 14 around me, those two people them snitched to security who interrupted my viewing experience and took me out of my seats to give me a “stern warning” and then designated two if their staff to watch me like I hawk for the rest of the game.

I received my trespassing notice in the mail from them yesterday and it basically says that I am no longer allowed on their property again.

I was at a hockey game last week and they only had Powerade.

I was also told to “quiet down” and “stop using bad language because there’s kids around and this is a family atmosphere”. A family atmosphere that serves liquor where you watch grown men violently smash each other, hit each other with sticks, and sometimes fist fight. I was not being over the top, I was being a basic passionate fan, and it was only 2 people who had issue with it out of the 14 around me, those two people them snitched to security who interrupted my viewing experience and took me out of my seats to give me a “stern warning” and then designated two if their staff to watch me like I hawk for the rest of the game.

I received my trespassing notice in the mail from them yesterday and it basically says that I am no longer allowed on their property again.
Is this CheapyD's hockey rink?

When you realize that multiplication is the foundation for all mathematics and learn that the most basic concept has been mistaught (1 x 1, is in fact, 2 and NOT 1), then you realize that everything we think that we know about math is wrong and every calculation has been incorrect for the entire history of humanity. It's a situation that can easily be fixed, especially with our modern technology, but try convincing the sheep that.

When you realize that multiplication is the foundation for all mathematics and learn that the most basic concept has been mistaught (1 x 1, is in fact, 2 and NOT 1), then you realize that everything we think that we know about math is wrong and every calculation has been incorrect for the entire history of humanity. It's a situation that can easily be fixed, especially with our modern technology, but try convincing the sheep that.
Aside from being factually incorrect, this rant also insane.

PF6OR4Z.gif

Can you explain the logic of how 1 x 1 = 2

Is it only 1 x 1 or is it every equation? Like should 2 x 1 = 3?

I look forward to it. Because what multiplication means is that you just have a certain number of another number.

Like 6 x 3 means I have 6 threes. That's 18. 1 x 1 means i have 1 ones.

I do love the "try convincing the sheep that" comment, as if all the advancements and theory and accepted math posited and used by people like Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein is incorrect, but Richgamer3 posting in a forum on cheapassgamer totally has the answer to all this

It's a shame you didn't end up as a puddle on your mom's chest.

Can you explain the logic of how 1 x 1 = 2

Is it only 1 x 1 or is it every equation? Like should 2 x 1 = 3?

I look forward to it. Because what multiplication means is that you just have a certain number of another number.

Like 6 x 3 means I have 6 threes. That's 18. 1 x 1 means i have 1 ones.

I do love the "try convincing the sheep that" comment, as if all the advancements and theory and accepted math posited and used by people like Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein is incorrect, but Richgamer3 posting in a forum on cheapassgamer totally has the answer to all this
i wonder if he's a flat earther

Totino's became square early/middle of 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LThLWf2iQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it's summer sale soon have a gaming question. Looking to get into FF XIV, is there any real difference between the Steam version and Square Enix version? Just want to be sure in case it goes any % off on Thursday.

Since it's summer sale soon have a gaming question. Looking to get into FF XIV, is there any real difference between the Steam version and Square Enix version? Just want to be sure in case it goes any % off on Thursday.
If you buy it on steam you are locked into buying expansions on steam IIRC. Only drawback I remember and probably not a huge deal at this point.

They used to have a Mexican flavor. The wife loved it. It's been more than a few years since I have seen Totino's Mexican cardboard in a store.
Okay, so I didn't imagine that? I could have sworn there was a Totino's Mexican Pizza, but I haven't seen it in years.

For those who asked, I think even Totino's recognizes that they aren't quite pizza. They call themselves "party pizza." It's not like a real pizza, but it's something I get a craving for every now and then since we grew up on them. Crust is like a weird, wavy flatbread? Not even sure how to describe it. It's unique.

Never knew Terrence Howard is/was a CAG. I really need to start checking in more often.

I actually do a powerade zero on the days the I put in 1.5 hours on the bike (5 days a week). I also trend to drink about a gallon of water. I have to agree about it generally being a non-issue for people unless working out or trying to re-hydrate after vomiting or whatnot. Of course if you experience muscle cramping, check out your magnesium, sodium, potassium etc.

Cola - I have a true love hate relationship. I love Diet Coke, yes it tastes like battery acid (the burn, go for the burn). Yes, sodas are not "good" for you. I am one that enjoys the caffeine kick and the improvement in my mood and breathing. I have tried the caffeine tabs and it is just not the same. I also would say that colas do not really help (me at least) with hydration.

I have not really delved into energy drinks. I probably should just convert over to coffee.
Or tea. If you dislike the taste you can get True Citrus (or a few other brands) flavors to put in it that have very few calories but will make it taste way better until you like it. I hated tea until I did that for a while now I have to watch myself so I do not drink too much tea and too little water. Still haven't found a way to make coffee taste remotely appealing. But at least I kicked the soft drink habit.

Are games on sale now not likely to go down any further during the summer sale? I want ni no kuni and frostpunk but wonder if I should wait until thursday.

They probably won't, but you could just refund and buy again at the lower price, as long as it's within 2 weeks and you've played less than 2 hours.

Yeah, not really interested in the Deluxe "extra weapons" or the Croft DLC version but the base game is $36 if you want to fakey "Lara Croft's Mexican Spring Break"

bread's done
Back