Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It seems like its been years since AMD really had a card worth owning... and there hasn't been a crypto market going on. Who knows what sort of prices NVIDIA will do when faced with real competition.
There is no such thing as NVIDIA competition. ATI has been slacking in both software support/compatibility and hardware performance for years. I feel like AMD didn't really care much about competing and is perfectly happy with being 2nd place.

I jumped ship to NVIDIA and didn't bother to look back. I don't mind paying higher price for higher quality stuff.

I'd like to take this time to complain:

3. Next Humble Monthly reveal: July 6. End of Summer Sale: July 5. boooooo
You can purchase the games you want on the last day and then wait for the reveal, if there's something you got in there you can just refund and be happy,

Has anyone played Into the Breach?
I did, as you might have seen, its a turn-based strategy game very similar to Advance Wars with a mix of roguelike, you'll have some progress made in the game even when you fail, it reminds me a lot of the sectors in FTL, also, there are a lot of vehicle combinations, weapons, scenarios and stuff to give it some variety, I still haven't finished it but I think its a good game that deserves more recognition.

I'm fine with the prices of the 1000 series now... it's just that I'd rather not put money into a card when the newer model is potentially ~three months from release.  Might be longer, and yes, I'm slumming it on integrated graphics right now... but... meh... that just means I play a bunch of indies/older titles and plus I'm busy at work.

The latest rumor besides the 300k chip glut from Nvidia is that the 1100 cards are due in September.
It helps me when people post stuff like this. Because I know that I should wait 3-6 months to buy a GPU. Will probably look into buying a 1080 when the new 11-series cards come out. Clearly that makes the most sense at this stage of the game.

If they have as many 10 series cards as has been reported, sales should be quite good in the late fall / early winter too. Need to hold firm for a few more months...

Last edited by a moderator:
How to know when you have a game collecting problem;

You own Just Cause 1

You own Just Cause 2

You've never played either or even installed them.

You see Just Cause 3 on sale and think "hey, maybe I should buy that".

I swear, if they had a Hoarders, Steam Edition, I think some of us could be on that show.
Yes, all of us would be on it. Did you have any doubt at all whatsoever?!

You should play the first two (and so should you, MysterD). If you're really politically-sensitive about sketchy American foreign policy of covertly toppling governments because reasons, you may want to skip the entire series altogether. If you don't care like Melania, though, you should definitely play these games. JC1 is a fun sandbox action-adventure, and JC2 is like JC1 on steroids. I haven't played 3 yet, but I've read good things about it and I doubt more Rico could be a bad thing. It's, as Weird Al put it, mandatory fun.

Whoever it was that needed a Van Helsing FInal Cut Steam key, PM me. I have an extra one going for the low, low price of free.

Splurged a bit:

Van Helsing 1 and 2: $7.48 total

Sonic Adventures DX, Sonic The Hedgehog 4 episodes 1 and 2, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Generations: $16.34 total

Shank, Adam's Venture Origins, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, Tales of Berseria, RE 7 Gold: $68.93 total

Not bad...
You might also want to consider refunding the Sega games. Sega does Humble bundles once in a while and I'm pretty sure that at least Sonic Adventure 2 was in the $1 tier of one of those bundles.

I made sure that when I bought the EVGA SC 15 laptop for $1000 on sale some weeks ago (with 1060 6GB card) that I would be during the next Steam Sale eyeballing games like River City Ransom: Underground and Blood & Gold: Caribbean!

EDIT:

Granted, it has been put to good use w/ games like GR: Wildlands and Prey 2017.

You should play the first two (and so should you, MysterD). If you're really politically-sensitive about sketchy American foreign policy of covertly toppling governments because reasons, you may want to skip the entire series altogether. If you don't care like Melania, though, you should definitely play these games. JC1 is a fun sandbox action-adventure, and JC2 is like JC1 on steroids. I haven't played 3 yet, but I've read good things about it and I doubt more Rico could be a bad thing. It's, as Weird Al put it, mandatory fun.

Whoever it was that needed a Van Helsing FInal Cut Steam key, PM me. I have an extra one going for the low, low price of free.
I really liked the original JC1, which I did finish the main quest mostly.

JC3 seemed quite good and what I played of JC2 (which wasn't much) was fun.

I really do need to give more time to both JC2 & JC3.

For open-world games to do outrageous over-the-top stuff and non-stop action, JC series excels at that stuff.

Pbbtk27.png

Archi is a complete asshole, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is real and not a false positive. Microsoft detected it and deleted it automatically, and I couldn't redownload it in Chrome to send to virustotal. Apparently this has been happening for a while, but the customized version from Hangout was never flagged.

It helps me when people post stuff like this. Because I know that I should wait 3-6 months to buy a GPU. Will probably look into buying a 1080 when the new 11-series cards come out. Clearly that makes the most sense at this stage of the game.

If they have as many 10 series cards as has been reported, sales should be quite good in the late fall / early winter too. Need to hold firm for a few more months...
Maybe. There wasn't really a fire sale on 960/970/980 cards when the 10 series came out because Nvidia let that stock run out before the new cards launched. This time might be different since they have a glut of chips or they might just fold their arms and sit on them a while. I don't think the 600 series AMD cards are expected out until 2019 so they can afford to drag their feet a bit.

google says it's coin-miner.
I wouldn't be surprised, there's a lot of network and process activity associated with it. Archi and his loli roleplaying elitist shitbags all seem like people who would do that, then vehemently deny it and even sue you for slander. But it's a false positive according to them.

Archi is a complete asshole
:lol:

I've often thought this when reading stuff (bugs, questions, etc, etc) about ASF.

Then I remember he almost certainly constantly deals with people who don't read instructions and ask the same questions over and over and over again.

While I don't agree with some of his practices (mainly always requiring the most recent version of mono, though maybe he needs the most recent version for some reason, I don't keep up with C#) I understand why he would be so short and direct with people.

I need some PC advice. I upgraded my video card in 2016 to a 4GB MSI Radeon RX480. I haven't upgraded my CPU and RAM since 2013 so they are i7-3770 3.4GHZ and 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600. I'm also using a Samsung EVO 512GB SSD. I also recently did a clean win 10 OS install around January. 

I've been having problems with software and games. Star Wars BF 2 always crashed to desktop since I got it last fall. Far Cry 3 on Uplay seems to crash after about 10mins. Just Cause 3 on steam crashes as well. I can play Frostpunk or State of Decay 1 and other games. My chrome browser just last night seemed to crash immediately every time after JC 3 crashed until I did a hard reboot. I also get random blue screen of death as well. It seems unlikely, but would my older CPU and RAM be the issue? I was also thinking Radeon drivers are probably optimized either. 

While I don't agree with some of his practices (mainly always requiring the most recent version of mono, though maybe he needs the most recent version for some reason, I don't keep up with C#) I understand why he would be so short and direct with people.
Yea i dont get that either, its not like he's doing some fancy stuff that would need extra library support. However that being said I think its more that mono isnt completely compatible with the real standard .net. The latest version broke on my linux server, so I had to completely remove mono and install the official microsoft linux .net install. After that it all ran fine

Yea i dont get that either, its not like he's doing some fancy stuff that would need extra library support. However that being said I think its more that mono isnt completely compatible with the real standard .net. The latest version broke on my linux server, so I had to completely remove mono and install the official microsoft linux .net install. After that it all ran fine
He still seems to always require the latest version of .net (2.1).

How was it broke for you?

I have to run ASF with a workaround due to a .net (and mono) bug with ncurses. It would crash shortly after starting. The workaround was in ASF's wiki until the bug was fixed in .netcore, despite not being fixed in mono yet. At least it doesn't seem to be fixed in mono yet, since it seems to lag behind .netcore a bit. I think it lags behind since they decided to use different versioning numbers (mono stable is 5.12 and .net stable is 2.1... are they compatible... WHO KNOWS :D). Seems silly to remove reference to a workaround to a bug that affects linux users before the bug was fixed in the way linux users would run the software.

I didnt look too deep into how it was broken, just some nasty looking .net crashes and I had seen some mentions of using .netcore so I figured it was time to ditch mono and go with the official. One thing that really sucks is that it is a steamos box, which only gives you 10gb for / for some stupid partitioning reason and .netcore is 1gb big vs mono which was a lot less

I need some PC advice. I upgraded my video card in 2016 to a 4GB MSI Radeon RX480. I haven't upgraded my CPU and RAM since 2013 so they are i7-3770 3.4GHZ and 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600. I'm also using a Samsung EVO 512GB SSD. I also recently did a clean win 10 OS install around January.

I've been having problems with software and games. Star Wars BF 2 always crashed to desktop since I got it last fall. Far Cry 3 on Uplay seems to crash after about 10mins. Just Cause 3 on steam crashes as well. I can play Frostpunk or State of Decay 1 and other games. My chrome browser just last night seemed to crash immediately every time after JC 3 crashed until I did a hard reboot. I also get random blue screen of death as well. It seems unlikely, but would my older CPU and RAM be the issue? I was also thinking Radeon drivers are probably optimized either.
One of the bros has an older AMD card and he says he has issues unless he rolls back the drivers to a version that's a year old. You could try rolling back drivers if you can pin point when the problems started and see if that may fix things? Have you plugged in any new USB things into your puter? I ask because I recently upgraded due to similar seemingly random issues and once I ordered everything I figured out it was my new USB soundcard causing all the crashes.

I usually have 1 or 2 USB hard drives plugged in but nothing else. I'll try and rolling back the drivers on the card. Thanks for the suggestion.

Could it be a heat issue?  Sounds like it's crashing when he's playing more intensive games.  Might want to try applying new thermal paste and resetting the heat sink.  Or running a stress test with a temp monitor and see what happens.

Maybe. There wasn't really a fire sale on 960/970/980 cards when the 10 series came out because Nvidia let that stock run out before the new cards launched. This time might be different since they have a glut of chips or they might just fold their arms and sit on them a while. I don't think the 600 series AMD cards are expected out until 2019 so they can afford to drag their feet a bit.
no, but there were $200 flash sales on EVGA's site for the 970. That's exactly the type of thing I'm hoping to score. :D

The biggest deal, I was sad when I missed out on that Best Buy glitch by minutes, the one where people were able to buy 1080 founders editions at early 1070 prices bc of a SKU mismatch.

These things happen a couple times per year. Gotta no-life it on here to try and snag one.

Is your GPU overheating at the time of crash? Do you have any extra ram or another PSU lying around that you could swap in to see if either of those are the issue? Perhaps try each stick of ram by itself to see if maybe one or the other is to blame? Also wondering if maybe the PSU isn't cut out for the job. FWIW, I use an older CPU and GPU (2500k, R9 380 w/ latest drivers) and everything is 100% stable for me, so I wouldn't immediately blame those two before looking at the other possible culprits.

sounds to me like there is a decent chance that your SSD is going bad

you should test it for performance. https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskmark/

So, It's been 8 days since I filed a claim over a revoked key for g2a, And someone in their facebook group had the same exact problem as me, and when I told them to file a claim with paypal and to not expect G2A to respond back and to escalate the claim, they immediately banned me from the group. They also haven't responded at all to my claim, It still says "Awaiting seller response" On paypal.

I don't expect to get my money back now.

I would never give a penny to g2a. Much shadier than even cdkeys.
I used to not think that they were that bad since I never had any problems with them before, But Now I can see why everyone said that they were so shady.

I mean, I didn't pay that much money, But I didn't think it would be a giant pain to get my money back either. If you don't buy their "Shield" Thing, You're pretty much screwed on whatever happens.

None of the hardware you describe is old enough to have problems running those games. My first guess would be video driver issues but random blue screens could also be the ssd, ram, mobo dying (I've had mobo ram sockets go bad). Checking the cpu, ssd and gpu temps while idle, web surfing and gaming would be a good first start. Try samsung's ssd magician software to check that angle. If not that, an unstable power supply is next on the list.

Does that MSI vid card come with a turbo boost switch on it? I have an 8gb version but don't remember if it does. A problem with the RX 480s was they pulled too much power from the pcie bus on the mobo. I had no end of random problems with a sapphire card that had a factory turbo mode and base mode that was controlled by a switch on the card. Originally I thought it was the older known cranky motherboard as the main problem. Dropped the clocks to normal speed via that switch and the card was stable after that. Also some newer vid cards have a switch on them for uefi bios or non uefi based motherboards.

Nvidia supposedly has a glut of cards from the Crypto-Crash they're trying to unload before releasing the 1100 series. My local Micro Center has an Asus Strix 1080 for $549 now which is cheaper than it's been in ages. Slickdeals shows some in the $450 range after coupons or rebates.

Of course, then you can get into "But you should hold that $549 until the 1100 cards come out and see what they're priced at..." so have fun forever second guessing yourself.
I see NewEgg has a Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini for around $480:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500414&cm_re=zotac_1080_mini-_-14-500-414-_-Product

I'll be contrary here and say I couldn't stand JC1. The interface and controls are a hot mess.

JC2 is very fun, though. I got a bit tired of it before finishing, but that's largely as I was attempting to do all the side stuff and there is just so much of it. I like it enough to intend to return to it and I just bought JC3 last month.

The fact that you have to buy 'insurance' to make sure the key you get works should be enough to stay away.
Yep. I think the only time I bought anything from them was when they tried to do bundles for a short while, and inexplicably managed to put Superhot in a cheap bundle while it was still selling pretty well.

You know, I don't think I've even played Superhot yet.

Just noticed this.

If you bought Groupees Remute's Futuristic Space Dream Bundle, keys have been added for RŌA.

However, the dev decided to be a dick and put a 6 week redemption window on the keys.  Should have about 4 weeks left.

None of the hardware you describe is old enough to have problems running those games. My first guess would be video driver issues but random blue screens could also be the ssd, ram, mobo dying (I've had mobo ram sockets go bad). Checking the cpu, ssd and gpu temps while idle, web surfing and gaming would be a good first start. Try samsung's ssd magician software to check that angle. If not that, an unstable power supply is next on the list.

Does that MSI vid card come with a turbo boost switch on it? I have an 8gb version but don't remember if it does. A problem with the RX 480s was they pulled too much power from the pcie bus on the mobo. I had no end of random problems with a sapphire card that had a factory turbo mode and base mode that was controlled by a switch on the card. Originally I thought it was the older known cranky motherboard as the main problem. Dropped the clocks to normal speed via that switch and the card was stable after that. Also some newer vid cards have a switch on them for uefi bios or non uefi based motherboards.
Good advice. I ran the Samsung software and my ssd is fine. Have a corsair 800w ps since I used to have about 5 hds connected so I doubt thats the problem. I'll try the ram sticks individually and check for that switch on the video card.

You know, I had a revelation last night.  I should only buy games I intend to play.  Weird notion, right?

I think there's something wrong with me.

You know, I had a revelation last night. I should only buy games I intend to play. Weird notion, right?

I think there's something wrong with me.
Welcome to the club. Although, the truly elite VIP section is for: games you intend to play but probably won't end up in a Humble Bundle.

As much as I enjoy the Yakuza series, for it to start out as $20, it'll be dirt cheap in no time. Sega drops their PC prices faster than the street ladies of Colfax Ave drop her panties.

As much as I enjoy the Yakuza series, for it to start out as $20, it'll be dirt cheap in no time. Sega drops their PC prices faster than the street ladies of Colfax Ave drop her panties.
Can I get a comparison to something I'd understand? Like Tebow's mom's panties? Or is that where she works?

Yeah but this one series I always wanted on PC and for me it's a day one purchase and it helps its Cheap at $20 already

bread's done
Back