Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
a914dbc3f13e1f1c.jpg
my tongue hurts just looking at this

anyone else have beastie boys intergalactic go through their mind every time you look at the steam store during this sale?

Edited to say the best candy made is necco wafers, fun dip and brachs valentines hearts!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone else have beastie boys intergalactic go through their mind every time you look at the steam store during this sale?

Edited to say the best candy made is necco wafers, fun dip and brachs valentines hearts!!!
My wife loved all of those (except for "Intergalactic"; she didn't even like "Sabotage," so . . . ).

I can't stand those little Valentine's hearts, so gross.

I'm not a big candy or chocolate person but I do love me some Cadbury milk or white chocolate eggs around easter, so good. Instead of candy I'd much rather grab a bag of chips to snack on. Jalapeno cheddar Cheetos are delicious.

Well since the steam sale is garbage and we all agree jacks is the best cheap pizza money can buy,  a real candy discussion is in order.

Im going to assume up to this point people have just been trying to top each other saying they like some shitty candy, ala grandmas old hard candy, necco wafers etc.   Those marshmellow circus peanuts are disgusting too.

Lets discuss good candy.

In the hardened pure sugar candy its hard to go wrong with anything willy wonka.  nerds, gobstoppers, runts are delish.

Gummy- id go swedish fish

Chocolate- snikers or whatchmacalits.   I do love me some frozen reeses cups though.

I used to have a coworker that used a perfume that smelled exactly like those valentine's hearts, just as annoying as her constant need to talk  about her nephew and niece.

And regarding candies: Twix or die

I don't see how anyone can like that nasty Haribo shit.  Their gummies are hard compared to other brands and they are not as flavorful.  I've had way better.  It must be you weirdo weeabos obsession with asian crap. 

If you want weeaboo candy then Puccho is the best.   That stuff is my favorite.   It wrecks your teeth when it hardens up after a couple months though.  It's like a medium-hardness sweet chew filled with little beads of smarties and/or gummies. 

0917-puccho-candy-02.jpg

Mikakuto-Puccho-Soft-Chewy-Taffy-Candy-with-Gummy-Grape.jpg

Those marshmellow circus peanuts are disgusting too.
No lie, I just went through a bag of those a week ago. I also unironically enjoy candy corn, but I have to be in the right mood for them. Did I mention that I don't respect myself?

Quick Top-3: 1) Jelly Belly, 2) Reese's Pieces, 3) Peanut M&Ms

On candy: Haribo sour vampire bats. Tried these recently and they are pretty great. 

Also, Sweet Heat Skittles are worth a shot if you like Skittles. I expected them to be nasty. They are pretty good.

I loved the fun dip candy sticks. I like the idea of necco wafers and the valentines hearts, but not the execution. The kind of execution I want is the same sweetness and texture as tums.

I actually like Good & Plenty.

I also liked candy cigarettes (though not anymore, they used to make them in USA and they were great, now they're made in Columbia and they taste like crap), butter mints, circus peanuts, candy corn (the pumpkins are better though), Zero bars, BottleCaps, Junior Mints, Nerds, Runts, Smoothie cups, Mallow Cups, and mini Reeses Cups (but the ones that came in a box and weren't individually wrapped, they were just in the little paper cups). Probably forgetting somethings.

I don't really eat sweets anymore though.

EDIT: Remembered cordial cherries and banana moon pies!

On candy: Haribo sour vampire bats. Tried these recently and they are pretty great.

Also, Sweet Heat Skittles are worth a shot if you like Skittles. I expected them to be nasty. They are pretty good.
Yeah my coworker saw the Sweet heat skittles at a gas station and bought them on a whim, they were surprisingly good

I don't see how anyone can like that nasty Haribo shit. Their gummies are hard compared to other brands and they are not as flavorful. I've had way better. It must be you weirdo weeabos obsession with asian crap.
Eating Haribo after having tried good gummi bears is such a downer.

Haribo is shit

Albanese for life
I'm pretty sure that's the brand in the bulk bins at Sprouts.

Nothing beats Kasugai gummies. The gelatin is made of seaweed rather than bonemeal, resulting in a softer, less rubbery candy that expresses its flavor better than the German stuff. I'll eat Haribo if that's all is available, but once you've tried Kasugai you'll always know what you're missing in other gummi treats.

EDIT: Also, since some people seem to have gotten the wrong idea from the name, Haribo is German. Geez! 

HP 15.6" N3050, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD $200.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46429969

HP 15.6" Touchscreen, AMD A12, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, $350.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=955904502

HP 17.3" Full HD, AMD A10, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, $350.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=535554960

HP Flyer Red 15.6" Pentium, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD $199.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46429958

Can probably find more on clearance at Walmart, too. Should be located next to the $1.65 Pumpkin Spice candles.
Damn your getting screwed, those are 50 cents at my Walmart.i should say were, my wife bought them all

And the Christmas 🌲.
Best candy hot cinnamon popcorn.

I will never take anyone that eats sour candy as an adult serious in life. 
I bet these same people also put ketchup on their hot dog sandwiches.

maxresdefault.jpg

I will never take anyone that eats sour candy as an adult serious in life.
I bet these same people also put ketchup on their hot dog sandwiches.

maxresdefault.jpg
Sour Patch Kids are good, but after one bag your mouth seemingly gets destroyed.

If I need my dextrose fix I'll get Smarties and Pixy Stix. Both are highly addictive and you can never have just one.

Sour Patch Kids are good, but after one bag your mouth seemingly gets destroyed.

If I need my dextrose fix I'll get Smarties and Pixy Stix. Both are highly addictive and you can never have just one.
I like all of those; especially SPK.

I also like Hot Tomales, Mike & Ike's, Nerds, Jawbreakers, Bulls Eyes, Gum Drop Candies, Fruit Slices, Now and Laters, and all kinds of other stuff.

Man, that sounds like a Candy Haul from a Dollar Stores, CVS, or something.

Sounds better than some of the Steam Sale Hauls for Summer 2018.

jersey-cherries-bulk.jpg

Going to the Hallmark Store, which for some inexplicable reason also sold "penny candy", with a handful of change I collected during the week and getting a Ziplock bag of these is one of my favorite childhood memories. 

Nowadays, it's pretty much Reese's Cups, Twix and Snickers, but really only during the Christmas/Valentine's Day/Easter clearance sales.

Oh, I got a Chunky about 1.5 years ago. That was still pretty good, but candy is so overpriced these days that it's cheaper to just get cookies.

I noticed that Republique went on an 80% off discount yesterday after not being on sale previously this season.  So I guess, if you want a dose of Pollyanna optimism, that there might be a few scattered new discounts for publishers who didn't want to deep cut for two solid weeks.

What kind of candy is that?
The kind that tastes great because you thought it would suck thus easily surpassing expectations.

Is it? It's one of the games in the Xbox Game Pass (got a month of it for $1 this month). What's fun about it?
It is basically just a choose your own adventure movie. I always loved them books as a kid and this 'game' just reminded me of them. Plus the branching options actually make a difference unlike the Telltale games and at about 90 min per playthrough it is isn't a huge time investment to 1-shot it for each of the endings (7 total)

I'm a sucker for gummies of almost any kind.  Sour gummies even better.  Lately, loving the organic sour heads from Walgreens.  Do not enjoy Trolli gummi worms or brite crawlers though.  Not nuts about sour patch kids.  But pretty much anything else.  Those sour punch bits are pretty nice too.

So - I have a huge question for you European types.  About 15 years ago, I spent a few months in the Netherlands for work.  While there, I decided to quit smoking because I was tired of feeling like crap.  So they had these soft gummy people candies - like different professions and chewing on bag after bag of these got me through quitting.  Gained a bunch of weight but never smoked again.  Ever since, I've been trying to find those gummy people candies but haven't had any luck.  Anyone have any idea what they might be?

jersey-cherries-bulk.jpg

Going to the Hallmark Store, which for some inexplicable reason also sold "penny candy", with a handful of change I collected during the week and getting a Ziplock bag of these is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Nowadays, it's pretty much Reese's Cups, Twix and Snickers, but really only during the Christmas/Valentine's Day/Easter clearance sales.

Oh, I got a Chunky about 1.5 years ago. That was still pretty good, but candy is so overpriced these days that it's cheaper to just get cookies.
Pennywhistles and moonpies or gtfo.

bread's done
Back