Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm sitting over here with my ancient (when 16x10 was the norm) monitor and old (6ish years) gpu playing games 720p or 1440x900 windowed with tons of tearing and who-knows-what fps.

QNiL6SP.gif

I'm annoyed that Amazon is dumping its 20% video game pre-orders for Prime members. I bought my brother several cheap new releases using this benefit.  :fridge:

I'm annoyed that Amazon is dumping its 20% video game pre-orders for Prime members. I bought my brother several cheap new releases using this benefit. :fridge:
That sucks. Can't say I ever took advantage of it because there wasn't really anything I wanted brand new versus waiting for the inevitable 50% off sale.

I thought the rumored $900 price for the 2080 Ti was bad, and now I see it's a ridiculous $1200. Hopefully the mining market stays down so they're forced to lower the price soon.

Last edited:
Lol at gpu whiners.  People were playing $1k during the mining craze.   The market can bear the price.  The added bonus is by pricing the new cards this price you dont even have to hugely discount your bloated 1070/1080 stock.  Keep the prices of they new cards high while the supply chain can ramp up,  take care of your inventory problem.  PROFIT.  

AMD is a toothless pussycat in the gpu market now.  NVIDIA can do as they please as they ride the money train.

Lol at gpu whiners. People were playing $1k during the mining craze. The market can bear the price. The added bonus is by pricing the new cards this price you dont even have to hugely discount your bloated 1070/1080 stock. Keep the prices of they new cards high while the supply chain can ramp up, take care of your inventory problem. PROFIT.

AMD is a toothless pussycat in the gpu market now. NVIDIA can do as they please as they ride the money train.
We found the pharmabro of video games.

Lol at gpu whiners. People were playing $1k during the mining craze. The market can bear the price. The added bonus is by pricing the new cards this price you dont even have to hugely discount your bloated 1070/1080 stock. Keep the prices of they new cards high while the supply chain can ramp up, take care of your inventory problem. PROFIT.

AMD is a toothless pussycat in the gpu market now. NVIDIA can do as they please as they ride the money train.
Nope. AMD has the budget market on lock. They'll be fine. Especially with the superior Ryzens.

Steam in July

Steam_in_July.png
Yes, of course. Because every AMD card, even the overpriced $600 Vegas, is getting bought by miners and are all overpriced because AMD cards are better than mining. It's been this way for like 2 years. So yeah, there's barely any AMD cards being used for actual gaming right now. Your point?

Because my point is that anyone not willing to pay $400 for a 2060 is probably going to be fine with a $200 8GB 580.

Yes, of course. Because every AMD card, even the overpriced $600 Vegas, is getting bought by miners and are all overpriced because AMD cards are better than mining. It's been this way for like 2 years. So yeah, there's barely any AMD cards being used for actual gaming right now. Your point?

Because my point is that anyone not willing to pay $400 for a 2060 is probably going to be fine with a $200 8GB 580.
My point is fairly fucking obvious.

What's yours.

I think NVidia users are likely to swing more so towards the either 960's or above (in 900 series) and 1060's and above (in 1000 series), given the 20xx launching prices.

EDIT:

NVidia owns the market - whether we love it, hate it, or are indifferent about it. I think gamers might swing for the 1060 3GB or 6GB 1060 instead of the 8GB RX 580.

Some who even have or are looking for GTX 970's or 980's might even just go w/ those...or see if they can find one of those cheaper, since they been around a spell.

I don't know if AMD throwing games at people is really going to be enough to get gamers to buy a RX 580. ACO looks like the really big title of the 3 there, that they're throwing in.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are going to likely need a new 2080 to play that at any sort of decent framerate
Already ordered one just for it. Time to say goodbye to my poor old outdated 1080 Ti. It was good while it lasted.

At least Metro and TR will look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE-YEYIb8QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UIHT9v5AT4

So, seriously, do I buy a 2060 or a 1070 or 1080? WUT DEW?
2060 is supposedly "near" (but below) 1080 performance but won't have the ray tracing of the higher tier RTX models. We know the 2070 will be around $599 so it stands to reason the 2060 will be around $499 in which case you'd be better off with a $400-range 1080 if you can get one.

Of course, it's all guesswork until the 2060 is out and benchmarked and we know its price but by then the 1080 supply could be dried up.

I doubt that this is really of value to anyone in here, but there's some good games in this bundle:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/gamesaid-charity-bundle-pc/?utm_source=neolane&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-08-21_BI-908_GamesAid_50GameCharityBundle_USD&utm_content=GamesAidCharityBundle_Text

$50 is pricy, but if you don't have many of them, it might be worth it.
According to the comments on there it comes as 50 keys so if you have multiples you can trade/sell the ones you already have. There's a lot of games that have been rebundled/free several times (magicka, insurgency, etc) in there but there are some (MGS5 + ground zeroes, Metal Gear Revengeance, This War of Mine, Sniper Elite 3, Castlevania games, etc) that have been bundled once or none and are good.

If you're willing to go through the annoyance of posting on the cesspool and let's say you only keep 5 of the games in the bundle, if you can average a 75 cent return on the other 45 games you'll make 33.75 back which would mean you spent 11.25 for the 5 games. Tbh though taking out the better value games I mentioned I"m not sure you'd average 75 cents per game selling them in the cesspool, for every great value game it seems there are just as many that have been rebundled a zillion times and might not even net you 25 cents. If I was just getting into PC gaming I'd buy it though.

Chrono Trigger for $7.49 (50% off) on Steam. Given Square Enix's discount history on the old FF games, this is probably as good as it ever gets.

EDIT: Also, the Shadow Tactics devs are making a Desperados game. So that sounds terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcppLD0Kl0

I doubt that this is really of value to anyone in here, but there's some good games in this bundle:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/gamesaid-charity-bundle-pc/?utm_source=neolane&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-08-21_BI-908_GamesAid_50GameCharityBundle_USD&utm_content=GamesAidCharityBundle_Text

$50 is pricy, but if you don't have many of them, it might be worth it.
That's like 45 more games for me to not play than I usually get in a bundle!

bread's done
Back