Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My best description is it is akin to Dark Souls. Basically there's a base, you take a mission, you go out on mission (completing some submissions), then you go back to base. Every creature you're fighting has "tells". You make new armor to battle new creatures, to earn better armor,to face progressively more badass creatures. The fire-breathing T-Rex was probably one of the hardest hurdles for me in all the games.

Honestly, if you're on the fence, spend a couple of bucks and rent it on XBO or PS4 and see if you like it.
Is Monster Hunter World as difficult as Dark Souls?

Last edited by a moderator:
SeasonalCAG Arts & Craft Peddler:

So TheHangOut brohs were talking about raspberry pi and how they got them to do things like playing games, servers, etc. So when I saw the eBay Microsoft deal for $14 plus microsd I jumped on it. Setup was a pain since I haven't messed with Linux in awhile. Now I have it running ASF in the background and gaming station in top. So I pulled out my old ass X-Arcade stick and bought some cheap stickers on eBay, sticker bombed it, hit with clear coat and made this:

SGnOpIv.jpg

TLDR: I made the Cool Story Bro sticker stand out cause that is how I feel everyone thinks in here and TheHangOut when I post random shet.

SeasonalCAG Arts & Craft Peddler:

So TheHangOut brohs were talking about raspberry pi and how they got them to do things like playing games, servers, etc. So when I saw the eBay Microsoft deal for $14 plus microsd I jumped on it. Setup was a pain since I haven't messed with Linux in awhile. Now I have it running ASF in the background and gaming station in top. So I pulled out my old ass X-Arcade stick and bought some cheap stickers on eBay, sticker bombed it, hit with clear coat and made this:

SGnOpIv.jpg

TLDR: I made the Cool Story Bro sticker stand out cause that is how I feel everyone thinks in here and TheHangOut when I post random shet.
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/pizza+stickers

When I'm feeling wild and crazy I pick up some Crabbies. I prefer the orange enhanced version but the ginger only version is good as well.

crabbiesmain.jpg
Ya Crabbie's is good, and it's alcoholic. There are a lot of bad ginger beers though. There are about a dozen different kinds at my liquor store. Most of them that come in plastic bottles are terrible.

Have you ever thought about dropping the Fox- prefix and just going with AssGamer?
Then how would you make your cheap, homophobic jokes?

Anyone ever have ginger beer? Not ale, beer. It's not alcoholic, but it's 100x stronger ginger flavor than ginger ale.

Tastes like liquid ginger Altoids.
I had ginger beer once at a Jamaican place, it was like ginger beer with a some liquor and like Jamaican rum that shit was way too strong. Had to drink it in small sips because it kept stinging the back of my throat. I recently tried it on my own because I like a strong gingerale and bought some stuff from Big Lots, Fentiman's Ginger Beer with Muddled Lime. I actually like it by itself.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1033782133872119809
I live in Jacksonville. Never been to bar the shooting took place, but several friends have been there numerous times for other gaming events. A friend considered attending the tournament, but changed his mind. Thankful that everyone I personally know is safe. At a loss for words right now.

Guys... Let's settle this once and for all...

I created a strawpoll for figuring out who is the worst CAG, FoxAssGamer or Nothing.

Vote here.
1x1 = 2 is winning with about half the vote, but there is a real barn burner for second place as yes and yes are tied with 24% of the vote

I have no idea how low-end friendly it is, but as far as being worth the price, it absolutely is. If you already know you like that type of game and do not mind difficult games, at least. It is one of my favorite games ever. I did have one friend rage-quit it over difficulty though.
Grabbed Hollow Knight on the Steam store this morning before I left for work. I don't ever plan to buy a Switch, so it was the PC version or nothing. I'm not a fan of Nintendo's litigiousness so I vowed to never again buy one of their systems. But I will play Hollow Knight this week since I have a new policy of at least trying out games if I spend money on them.

Hollow Knight is good, but count me amongst those who rage quit. I don’t have time for bosses who still aren’t dead after you kill them three times. When I kill someone three times I expect them to stay DEAD!

15% off sitewide Ebay coupon is supposedly happening tomorrow.

You could get a brand new EVGA GTX 1080 for $365 if they don't jack up their ebay store prices. 

Brand new EVGA 1080 Ti's can be had for $552.50 too. 

But their stock always runs out super quickly and then they relist them for more.  You gotta be Johnny-on-the-spot when the sale goes live tomorrow morning.  It appears to be starting at 10am CST tomorrow.

I've been looking at G-sync monitors as well, like the  27" HP Omen which would run you about $340 after the coupon.  Too bad I can't afford any of these things lol.

15% off sitewide Ebay coupon is supposedly happening tomorrow.

You could get a brand new EVGA GTX 1080 for $365 if they don't jack up their ebay store prices.

Brand new EVGA 1080 Ti's can be had for $552.50 too.

But their stock always runs out super quickly and then they relist them for more. You gotta be Johnny-on-the-spot when the sale goes live tomorrow morning. It appears to be starting at 10am CST tomorrow.

I've been looking at G-sync monitors as well, like the 27" HP Omen which would run you about $340 after the coupon. Too bad I can't afford any of these things lol.
Some people say you can buy now and then pay tomorrow using the coupon. Huge YMMV but maybe worth a try.

Bought Hollow Knight this weekend since it was only $8.50 with the humble monthly discount and I have several friends buying it for the Switch. I've also seen a bunch of people online over the last few months getting really into the game.

It seems fine, but I don't get the hype. I played for 90 minutes, but don't really have a desire to go back to it. Maybe it's that I've been playing a bunch of Dead Cells lately, but Dead Cells is better in every way. Also, the last Metroidvania game I played, SteamWorld Dig 2 was better than this game in every way. I know Hollow Knight is somewhat different from both those games, but I just don't see what in the game is supposed to make me want to play it.

Maybe it's not fair to compare to 2 games I loved, but having only 1 attack makes combat so boring, especially with respawning enemies. Traversal through the world is incredibly boring and I'm constantly lost since there's nothing interesting in the game to help me make a note of where things are. There's more backtracking in this game than any other Metroidvania I've ever played. 

I'll probably try to push through some more, but I have no idea where to go or what to buy in the game at this point, so that's going to make it a bit hard to get motivated to load it up again.

Bought Hollow Knight this weekend since it was only $8.50 with the humble monthly discount and I have several friends buying it for the Switch. I've also seen a bunch of people online over the last few months getting really into the game.

It seems fine, but I don't get the hype. I played for 90 minutes, but don't really have a desire to go back to it. Maybe it's that I've been playing a bunch of Dead Cells lately, but Dead Cells is better in every way. Also, the last Metroidvania game I played, SteamWorld Dig 2 was better than this game in every way. I know Hollow Knight is somewhat different from both those games, but I just don't see what in the game is supposed to make me want to play it.

Maybe it's not fair to compare to 2 games I loved, but having only 1 attack makes combat so boring, especially with respawning enemies. Traversal through the world is incredibly boring and I'm constantly lost since there's nothing interesting in the game to help me make a note of where things are. There's more backtracking in this game than any other Metroidvania I've ever played.

I'll probably try to push through some more, but I have no idea where to go or what to buy in the game at this point, so that's going to make it a bit hard to get motivated to load it up again.
Feel almost the exact same way about Hollow Knight as you do. It's just not that interesting.

bread's done
Back