Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I suppose I need to look for a client, I haven't used one in years but this new layout is miserable to look at.
Honestly the built in one for windows 10 works just fine. I used to use outlook, mostly because of its built in RSS reader features and cause thunderbirds RSS sucked ass. I eventually switched to using a win10 app to pull down feeds and at that point gave up on outlook and switched to the standard windows mail and been just fine with it

Honestly the built in one for windows 10 works just fine. I used to use outlook, mostly because of its built in RSS reader features and cause thunderbirds RSS sucked ass. I eventually switched to using a win10 app to pull down feeds and at that point gave up on outlook and switched to the standard windows mail and been just fine with it
I'm using Thunderbird, but never have touched the RSS.

I actually really miss pine, though.

I haven't seen a single post about pizza or shoes in like the last two hours at least. What the hell is going on in this thread?

572cacfc4d5dbe305da7ab567d278570.jpg

HDD are definitely obsolete. My best advice to people is to get only a much more expensive SSD and then fill it up to the brim with games and then constantly delete games when you need to download something new. You can get a 1TB SSD for around $150 nowadays. That's enough for your OS and all the games you'll ever need. Unless you play anything modern because then it's only enough for like 7-8 games. But constantly deleting and writing data is really good for SSDs so I recommend it anyway. Once a week I just torrent shit to fill up my SSD and then delete it to keep it working.
At least for right now - eh, I think the perfect combo is having a SSD and lots of HDD's. SSD's haven't dropped enough in price, to suit me.

I think SSD's are great for running & storing games you're currently playing constantly and/or will likely play a ton for a long time - but being an owner of tons of games here, I use 3.5'' HDD's (external or internal....and I do also have HDD docks for hot-swapping) mostly as storage to back a lot of this crap up.

Still waiting for the day in this area, when over here we get slapped w/ data caps...

The worst part is desecrating a Digiorno like that.  Make it from scratch if you're going to do that.  I had a Hawaiian Digiorno last week.  Taste better than delivery. 

I suppose I need to look for a client, I haven't used one in years but this new layout is miserable to look at.
Postbox. It's a fork of Mozilla thubderbird, it's cross platform (well, windows and osx), and one serial works on all your computers (the license is yours, per single PC). I've used it for almost two years now.

F*CK IT. Ima Goin' old skool. Everyone post their mailing address here and i will send you a small note. I will be sending it from a reasonable facsimile of a carrier pigeon. So, expect to get a knock on your door from MysterD. The note will be attached to his third leg.

anyone seen any good deals on BLOPS 4 PC? That blackout mode is so fun.
Did you check ITAD?

Go look - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=black+ops+4

Anyways, don't expect good deals very often and/or for a long while on any of the COD games. Activision (the publisher), especially w/ their major franchises that generate tons of $ when they ain't even on sale or barely on sale (think COD and Blizzard's games), don't often give out deep discounts.

Think from a business perspective: why give out discounts, if a game is selling like crazy even when there's no discounts or barely any discounts?

EDIT:

F*CK IT. Ima Goin' old skool. Everyone post their mailing address here and i will send you a small note. I will be sending it from a reasonable facsimile of a carrier pigeon. So, expect to get a knock on your door from MysterD. The note will be attached to his third leg.
As Warren said, a few posts up, since I think it's worth me quoting in this instance:

"Ain't nobody got time fo dat."

Not you, not anyone else, and especially not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried out a bit of The Crew 2 (PC / UPlay) this weekend, during its Free Weekend over on UPlay.

I like the idea of having cars, planes, boats, and other vehicles...being able to free-roam and race around in (those all are fun) - but, eh; this game's nothing spectacular. There's something about it, just like The Crew 1, that feels off here and/or missing.

I love the open-world of USA (it's awesome), driving around (car mechanics feel great) and the tracks/races are cool. Game runs and looks great at 1080p60fps - though, it actually has a 60fps cap period...so if you have G-Sync and/or higher Hz monitor, meh...it won't be put to use.

More so than anything - I am not feeling the story, cut-scenes, writing/dialogue. It's just bad; like real bad. And it isn't in the "so bad it's good" hammy kind of way, which other racers like Black Box's NFS: Most Wanted 2005 had going on. And there's a good deal of these cut-scenes, too - bleh. At least, Forza Horizon 3 keeps a lot of this stuff not in cut-scenes, but going on while you're driving & free-roaming - so, it doesn't get in the way of the awesome stuff (the open-world and vehicle driving/racing). And at times, The Crew 2 feels like a Forza Horizon 3 rip-off too w/ trying to get crews going, doing extreme stuff/stunts/etc, the vibe/feel of the game, etc etc - so that doesn't really help either.

So, might be worth waiting for a deep discount and/or some expansions to hit Crew 2 b/c....this game really needs something more to get it where it belongs. It has so much potential and stuff going for it, but it's just missing that special and extra something to make it worth getting right now.

Until then, Forza Horizon series looks like where it's at for open-world racers.

Did you check ITAD?

Go look - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=black+ops+4

Anyways, don't expect good deals very often and/or for a long while on any of the COD games. Activision (the publisher), especially w/ their major franchises that generate tons of $ when they ain't even on sale or barely on sale (think COD and Blizzard's games), don't often give out deep discounts.

Think from a business perspective: why give out discounts, if a game is selling like crazy even when there's no discounts or barely and discounts?

EDIT:

As Warren said, a few posts up, since I think it's worth me quoting in this instance:

"Ain't nobody got time fo dat."

Not you, not anyone else, and especially not me.
Yeah I'm hoping for a deal on ebay or something with hardware pack-in, etc.

More so than anything - I am not feeling the story, cut-scenes, writing/dialogue. It's just bad; like real bad. And it isn't in the "so bad it's good" hammy kind of way, which other racers like Black Box's NFS: Most Wanted 2005 had going on. And there's a good deal of these cut-scenes, too - bleh. At least, Forza Horizon 3 keeps a lot of this stuff not in cut-scenes, but going on while you're driving & free-roaming - so, it doesn't get in the way of the awesome stuff (the open-world and vehicle driving/racing). And at times, The Crew 2 feels like a Forza Horizon 3 rip-off too w/ trying to get crews going, doing extreme stuff/stunts/etc, the vibe/feel of the game, etc etc - so that doesn't really help either.

So, might be worth waiting for a deep discount and/or some expansions to hit Crew 2 b/c....this game really needs something more to get it where it belongs. It has so much potential and stuff going for it, but it's just missing that special and extra something to make it worth getting right now.

Until then, Forza Horizon series looks like where it's at for open-world racers.
Yeah, the first had serviceable to bad voice acting but the story was so fucking bad it was awesome...  I've watched highly thought of comedies that didn't make me laugh as hard or as often.  When you have to pause the game cause your laughing too hard to drive you know you're onto something...  I don't think the sequel will ever hit a sale where its that worthwhile of a game.  Especially, when the first one has so much content you'll get bored before you finish it. 

Forza Horizon 4 is good.  Real good.  I would likely say its amazing once I get my in audio working...  I only hear it during loading screens.  I watch a lot of documentaries and the like shows while driving so its the not a huge loss but its annoying.  Anyhow, the opening is 6 hours is pretty contained but once you get to the part where the seasons are on a time it really opens up.  I honestly think it will end up being the favorite map but its really early...  Its certainly has more elevation changes in it. 

Forza Horizon 4 is good. Real good. I would likely say its amazing once I get my in audio working... I only hear it during loading screens. I watch a lot of documentaries and the like shows while driving so its the not a huge loss but its annoying. Anyhow, the opening is 6 hours is pretty contained but once you get to the part where the seasons are on a time it really opens up. I honestly think it will end up being the favorite map but its really early... Its certainly has more elevation changes in it.
I have a huge case of the sads because I can't get an open-world sim game. If you took the physics and handling model of Assetto Corsa and put that into the world(s) of Forza Horizon I am pretty sure I would never play another game ever.

So I haven't done this in a while, and I'm bored and tired after driving most of the day today, so here's the deal: the first individual who virtually pinky-swears that he'll claim it for personal use only and provides the correct answers to the following four items by PM gets a free whatever-the-hell-kind-of-link that Humble gives you for Overwatch:

• Name the type of onsite sewage treatment and disposal system most commonly installed in coastal areas.
  • Name the best single-episode David Tennant Doctor Who story [shut up, that is not subjective!].
  • Are gharials more closely related to alligators or crocodiles?
  • Identify the species of this bird. 
ri03Aib.jpg

Have fun. 

EDIT: Huh. This may have been harder than I thought. Keep 'em coming, folks. 

So I haven't done this in a while, and I'm bored and tired after driving most of the day today, so here's the deal: the first individual who virtually pinky-swears that he'll claim it for personal use only and provides the correct answers to the following four items by PM gets a free whatever-the-hell-kind-of-link that Humble gives you for Overwatch:

• Name the best single-episode David Tennant Doctor Who story [shut up, that is not subjective!].
Trick question, of course, as none of them stand up to Eccleston's episodes.

Trick question, of course, as none of them stand up to Eccleston's episodes.
Well, Blink might.
In terms of single episodes, I'd go with Eccleston's best was Dalek, John Hurt's best was Day of the Doctor, Tennant's best was Blink, Smith's best was Vincent and the Doctor, Capaldi's best was "Heaven Sent".

Already posted in the GOG thread but I'll add it here:

To celebrate its 10th anniversary, GOG will be giving away a free game on October 4th. You can help decide that game by voting here. Choices are:

Shadow Warrior 2

SUPERHOT

Firewatch

bread's done
Back