Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
But only with "Play Anywhere" titles. This seems to be expanding PC access to all the titles on Game Pass, not just the much smaller list of "Play Anywhere" titles.

Fallout 76 PC System Requirements revealed:
https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-system-requirements/

Minimum
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz or equivalent
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB or equivalent
Memory: 8GB RAM
Storage: 60GB of free disk space

Recommended
Requires 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz/AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970 4GB/AMD R9 290X 4GB
Memory: 8GB RAM
Storage: 60GB of free disk space

Last edited by a moderator:
But only with "Play Anywhere" titles. This seems to be expanding PC access to all the titles on Game Pass, not just the much smaller list of "Play Anywhere" titles.
If Microsoft is going to expand Game Pass on PC to include more than just the Play Anywhere titles, they'll have to either (a) Add the PC versions for a bunch of these games to the Windows store, or (b) offer the missing games via a streaming service. And given the xCloud announcement earlier this month, I'm going to assume for now that it'll be the latter. And for a lot of games that will unfortunately be less than ideal.

I hope Microsoft adds any of these 100+ titles from the GamePass for flat-out purchase, especially if there are any exclusive titles to Microsoft that haven't hit the PC yet (Halo 3+4+Reach+ODST; Fable 2; Gears 2+3+Judgment; etc) and/or 3rd party titles that have not been on the PC yet (i.e. Red Dead Redemption 1 & some of the Ninja Gaiden titles).

I always thought RGB on a keyboard was gimmicky and unnecessary until I finally got one. Now I don't think I could ever get another keyboard that didn't have RGB. And I don't even use the wackier effects like type lighting or rainbow. Just being able to use the static color of my choice is a big enough plus.
Yeah the rainbow is fun to watch for a few minutes and this one has a "rain" effect where random keys are lit up going from top to bottom and it is pretty neat but would probably drive me insane to use normally. But with the lights off, having the keys lit up a very dark purple is just nice. Aside from looking good, it makes it easy to find the keys you use less often.

RGB can also be very effective, if it has color schemes to highlight certain KB-sections (such as Cursors, WSAD, etc) and/or let's you able to do set the lighting all yourself to your heart's content.

It is probably more about the PS4 destroying Xbox One and wanting to win over customers to help the next console battle to go their way, but part of me wonders if expanding the Game Pass could be partially related to recent massive progress in 360 emulation.  For years there was little to no progress but a new emulator showed up recently and is already getting major titles like Halo games to a near-playable state and there has been a lot of excitement about it.

RGB can also be very effective, if it has color schemes to highlight certain KB-sections (such as Cursors, WSAD, etc) and/or let's you able to do set the lighting all yourself to your heart's content.
Yeah you can do all of that on this KB. Everything is individually adjustable so you can do a ridiculous amount of stuff if you want to take the time to do it. At the moment I have the media keys other than mute turned off entirely as I never use them, and have the macro keys and WASD keys slightly different colors from the rest of the keyboard.

Keyboards are the only acceptable thing to use RGB on for me. Can't stand it for anything else, too distracting, but at least it can be helpful to differentiate keys on a keyboard.

I've been using a Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX silent switches for about 2 years. Keycaps that originally came with it were defective and started wearing out after a few months of owning it. Managed to get a replacement keycap set from Corsair support.. after some hassle though. Corsair originally denied me so I had to contact a Corsair rep on reddit to get it sorted out lol

Yeah the rainbow is fun to watch for a few minutes and this one has a "rain" effect where random keys are lit up going from top to bottom and it is pretty neat but would probably drive me insane to use normally. But with the lights off, having the keys lit up a very dark purple is just nice. Aside from looking good, it makes it easy to find the keys you use less often.
Purple!

ju0x6Wo.jpg

I use that wallpaper on my ultrawide along with the same shade for my keyboard, mouse, and GPU.

Alright-ish deal on Yakuza 0 on Steam, especially compared to the 16 percent off deal on Chrono.gg a couple of weeks ago. Decent chance it'll be 50 percent off by Christmas.

Just ordered a GTX 1070 to go along with my 7-year-old 2500k build, which I imagine is the technological equivalent of staying in the finest room at a Motel 6.

You just won't be able to use that GPU to its full potential in the meantime.

The Bottlenecker Calculator
^

Even an i5-4670k will bottleneck a 10 series card. It may still work but you could end up with stutters as parts catch up to each other. I had friends with those gen i5's and they all returned their 10 series cards because they weren't really playable in the games they were playing

Well geez, where were you guys to tell me this earlier in the day before I even bought the card and posted about it here?

I'm fully aware of the bottleneck, BTW. I plan on getting a Ryzen build early next year but just wanted something in the meantime that had more than 2GB VRAM and wouldn't crap the bed in non-CPU dependent games. I've got free returns for the next 30 days if I run into any major issues, so it's low risk.

Yeah you can do all of that on this KB. Everything is individually adjustable so you can do a ridiculous amount of stuff if you want to take the time to do it. At the moment I have the media keys other than mute turned off entirely as I never use them, and have the macro keys and WASD keys slightly different colors from the rest of the keyboard.

Keyboards are the only acceptable thing to use RGB on for me. Can't stand it for anything else, too distracting, but at least it can be helpful to differentiate keys on a keyboard.

I've been using a Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX silent switches for about 2 years. Keycaps that originally came with it were defective and started wearing out after a few months of owning it. Managed to get a replacement keycap set from Corsair support.. after some hassle though. Corsair originally denied me so I had to contact a Corsair rep on reddit to get it sorted out lol
I really don't much care for backlit keyboard at all. I have a solid color backlight (with patterns and brightness levels) on my keyboard with keycaps to show the backlighting, and I'd much rather drop the lights and go with a nice set of solid keycaps.

There are some really neat looking keycap sets out there, but they tend to be much more expensive than my keyboard was.

I hope Microsoft adds any of these 100+ titles from the GamePass for flat-out purchase, especially if there are any exclusive titles to Microsoft that haven't hit the PC yet (Halo 2+3+4+Reach+ODST; Fable 2; etc) and/or 3rd party titles that have not been on the PC yet (i.e. Red Dead Redemption 1 & some of the Ninja Gaiden titles).
Halo 2 was on PC. (Don't make me pull out my box, birthday boy!)

(Also happy belated birthday as I assume you're not in Hawaii... Volcanic ash and toasters don't mix after all...)

Halo 2 was on PC. (Don't make me pull out my box, birthday boy!)

(Also happy belated birthday as I assume you're not in Hawaii... Volcanic ash and toasters don't mix after all...
Oh, that's right! That was a Vista exclusive for bare min's, IIRC.

Thanks for Happy Birthday comment! :)

And nope, not in Hawaii!
GO RED SOX!!! :) Hopefully, they get the brooms out soon; looks like a sweep could happen! :)

EDIT:

So now Rockstar can finally release Agent on PS3, right?
Rockstar should port Red Dead Redemption, Midnight Club 3, Midnight Club LA, and The Warriors to the PC also.

If any of those are on the XB Game Pass for PC and work w/ the XB Emulator, they should work out a deal w/ Microsoft (for emulator usage) to sell them on W10 Microsoft Store, Rockstar Social Club, GOG, and/or Steam. At least get them up on the W10 Store, as crappy as that store is (if M$ wants to have exclusive stuff on their store to make it appealing to them, if that unfortunately is what M$ wants) and sell them for say $5-10 or less per game, when on sale.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (console versions) is getting through the roof scores for the most part, as you might expect:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/25/red-dead-redemption-2-reviews-round-up-scores-ps4-xbox-one/

Hopefully, that PC port is coming...this century.
I was amused by this glowing quote from GamesRadar: Just how good is Red Dead Redemption 2? Over the past few years, I'd argue the only games that deserve to be considered at this same ultra elite level are GTA V, Metal Gear Solid V, and The Witcher III.

MGSV was tedious and boring with barely any game there. GTAV eventually bored me between its mediocre story and the repeated "you did a crime, lulz no lewtz for you!!" nonsense. Saints Row did a much better job of making crime fun. I'd probably have the best things to say about Witcher 3 although I got bored by the time I hit the city and had to run back and forth repeatedly though the worst designed city ever for all that Dandelion stuff. Quit to play something else and never went back although I still might, one of these days.

I'll fully admit that RDR2 might be the cat's pajamas -- just had to laugh at this guy's echelon of top games all being stuff that I fizzled out on. Anyway, I waited for the GTAV port, then waited for it to go on sale, then backlogged it for two years, then played it and wasn't all that impressed so I think I'm okay with waiting for an RDR2 port.

What if you need to tell your case fans apart, smart guy? Or your memory sticks? Or your PCI extension cables? Huh? Huh?

I was amused by this glowing quote from GamesRadar: Just how good is Red Dead Redemption 2? Over the past few years, I'd argue the only games that deserve to be considered at this same ultra elite level are GTA V, Metal Gear Solid V, and The Witcher III.

MGSV was tedious and boring with barely any game there. GTAV eventually bored me between its mediocre story and the repeated "you did a crime, lulz no lewtz for you!!" nonsense. Saints Row did a much better job of making crime fun. I'd probably have the best things to say about Witcher 3 although I got bored by the time I hit the city and had to run back and forth repeatedly though the worst designed city ever for all that Dandelion stuff. Quit to play something else and never went back although I still might, one of these days.
All of those are open-world games.

And there is a ton of them on the market these days - thanks to great games copying GTA formula; STALKER formula; Bethesda ES/Fallout series formula; and/or the UbiSoft formula that they've been using like crazy since AC series and putting on every other series too (i.e. Far Cry 2 and newer; Watch Dogs series; and now Ghost Recon since Wildlands).

We've had even Homefront go open-world w/ Homefront: The Revolution; and even BioWare games got more UbiSoft-style open-world w/ DA: Inquisition & ME: Andromeda - all which I've spent tons of times with, BTW.

So, if you are tired of open-world games by now, since they seem to be everywhere - hey, I don't blame you. I got pretty burnt out when touching & trying other open-world games these last few years, namely after spending so much time w/ AC series and DA: Inquisition in particular. Sure, I spent a fair deal of time w/ other open-world games - but I really spent a ton of time w/ AC series, DA: Inquisition, and Bethesda's games (Fallout series & Elder Scrolls games).

I still ain't finished The Witcher 3 and its Expansions, haven't even touched MGS5, ain't finished GTA5, and I am just getting back to DA: Inquisition w/ its DLC's (b/c the DLC's seem more focused than the base-game).

All of those are open-world games.
Sure, but I'm not opposed to open world games. I play lots of open world games. Just none of those games kept me interested. I recognize that they're all praised and critical darlings, I was just amused to see them referenced as the tier RDR2 has attained.

GTAV didn't bore me because it's open world. It bored me because the plot wasn't very interesting and committing crimes felt unrewarding. Witcher 3 didn't bore me because it's open world, it bored me because the wheels fell off the plot pacing once you hit the city. MGSV was just tedious and dull.

Sure, but I'm not opposed to open world games. I play lots of open world games. Just none of those games kept me interested. I recognize that they're all praised and critical darlings, I was just amused to see them referenced as the tier RDR2 has attained.

GTAV didn't bore me because it's open world. It bored me because the plot wasn't very interesting and committing crimes felt unrewarding. Witcher 3 didn't bore me because it's open world, it bored me because the wheels fell off the plot pacing once you hit the city. MGSV was just tedious and dull.
I do think sometimes w/ open-world games, there isn't enough urgency to keep the player staying on the main quest-line. I think this is something that at least the Tomb Raider 2013 & Rise of the TR did well, which are semi-open-world games I still finished - even though the story & character stuff wasn't spectacular on either, mind you - the game still felt like it would give me some side-quests but not a billion to run into "on the way"; which still kept me wanting to stick w/ the main stuff too. I didn't wind-up getting lost, running into side-quests everywhere, just causing mayhem, goofing around in the sandbox and whatnot, all to the point of almost no or very little return to the main-quest stuff.

It's funny people complain about GTA4 (base-game) being the least fun gameplay-wise (DLC's fixed a lot of those issues, as they got more fun, comedic, and old-school GTA crazy w/ each DLC), since it probably has the best story of the GTA games. I've played a fair deal of GTA5 and still ain't done - but yeah, that game's story & character stuff doesn't really seem to be as great as what GTA4 was pulling off.

In terms of size and gameplay - while it might not have aged that great, for me in the GTA series, it's always Vice City as my favorite. Not the best overall probably (still need to finish GTA5, mind you) - but everything else I loved about that game. The setting. The atmosphere. The More bigger name voice-actors. It was magic to me (except for that RC mission - damn that mission to Hell). It felt like the first GTA that took what was great about GTA3 (i.e. the 3D open-world and gameplay), polished stuff, tossed more content, went artistic a bit by doing a period piece (i.e. the 80's) and whatnot. And it never felt like there was a zillion things to do and long-winded main quest-line that feels like it's never gonna end, like GTA: SA and GTA5 seem to throw at you, also.

EDIT:

Mafia 3 also, to me, seems to have the GTA:SA and GTA5 problem, as well. Except...well, Mafia 3's story is great. It's just...that game can be too damn grindy (like many other open-world games these days) and have the GTA: SA/GTA5 feeling that there's still "too much to do" in this huge open-world. Another game, I wish its main-story was shorter b/c it still feels like it's at least 20-40 hours away from finishing up.

MGSV was tedious and boring with barely any game there.
Slight tangent: Anyone else here prefer Ground Zeroes over Phantom Pain? Granted I only played 10 hours of PP before giving up on it but I found the open-world structure to be weak and none of the bases I experienced in that time came close to Camp Omega's density and detail. GZ got a lot of shit for being a "glorified paid demo" but my goodness was that a well-crafted demo.

I just hate the combat style in open-world games. The cameras suck and the graphics aren't good, then you're omnidirectional aiming while holding the aim button from a third-person viewpoint. Just Cause, GTA, Saints Row, Crackdown--they were all like that. I only liked Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell because you had Darksiders-style abilities to use.

Oh, that's right! That was a Vista exclusive for bare min's, IIRC.
It was designed for Vista but has worked on every Windows OS since then... I think it works right out of the box on Windows 10 believe it or not.

I'll fully admit that RDR2 might be the cat's pajamas -- just had to laugh at this guy's echelon of top games all being stuff that I fizzled out on. Anyway, I waited for the GTAV port, then waited for it to go on sale, then backlogged it for two years, then played it and wasn't all that impressed so I think I'm okay with waiting for an RDR2 port.
All of those games are far to big for a proper review in the short amount of time they get to play them... The praise that GTAIV got was stupid crazy. RDR was fun but its story was far too long, had no choices, and an ending that was obvious from a mile away but also doesn't work with the gameplay. (No spoilers here.)

In other news.... Video gaming in otherwise. I'm sort of excited to see Hellgate: London come back. I've played it via disc within the last few years and thought it was really solid. Hoping they got controller support in it... but suspecting I'm crazy for even thinking they would do anything other than push what's done with it out the door.

Speaking of crazy... We have 5 cats now. Wife's coworker had a lifestyle change and it was either us or some shelter with no certain future. Its suppose to be 9 months, hopefully it will be, but best laid plans in all... They are currently sequestered in the downstairs from our three and they spend much of their time hiding behind boxes,.. Actually, all of it. They did come out and explore while I was watching TV downstairs in an effort to spend time with them. (Its been a little over 24 hours now.)

In table top gaming news... Not sure why but i got an ad for a custom figurine maker for like D&D the other day on my phone the other day. I have no use for such stuff but I've found it fun to play around with the creation tool. I figure its worth a share while we all wait for our frozen pizzas to cook in the oven. https://www.heroforge.com/

Slight tangent: Anyone else here prefer Ground Zeroes over Phantom Pain? Granted I only played 10 hours of PP before giving up on it but I found the open-world structure to be weak and none of the bases I experienced in that time came close to Camp Omega's density and detail. GZ got a lot of shit for being a "glorified paid demo" but my goodness was that a well-crafted demo.
I think TPP takes more than 10 hours of play before the open world becomes enjoyable. Once you're running around recruiting people, doing side quests, customizing helpers, that's when it becomes fun.

I just hate the combat style in open-world games. The cameras suck and the graphics aren't good, then you're omnidirectional aiming while holding the aim button from a third-person viewpoint. Just Cause, GTA, Saints Row, Crackdown, Mad Max--they were all like that. I only liked Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell because you had Darksiders-style abilities to use.
That's exactly what a Nazi would say.....are you from Illinois?

tenor.gif

It was designed for Vista but has worked on every Windows OS since then... I think it works right out of the box on Windows 10 believe it or not.

All of those games are far to big for a proper review in the short amount of time they get to play them... The praise that GTAIV got was stupid crazy. RDR was fun but its story was far too long, had no choices, and an ending that was obvious from a mile away but also doesn't work with the gameplay. (No spoilers here.)

In other news.... Video gaming in otherwise. I'm sort of excited to see Hellgate: London come back. I've played it via disc within the last few years and thought it was really solid. Hoping they got controller support in it... but suspecting I'm crazy for even thinking they would do anything other than push what's done with it out the door.

Speaking of crazy... We have 5 cats now. Wife's coworker had a lifestyle change and it was either us or some shelter with no certain future. Its suppose to be 9 months, hopefully it will be, but best laid plans in all... They are currently sequestered in the downstairs from our three and they spend much of their time hiding behind boxes,.. Actually, all of it. They did come out and explore while I was watching TV downstairs in an effort to spend time with them. (Its been a little over 24 hours now.)

In table top gaming news... Not sure why but i got an ad for a custom figurine maker for like D&D the other day on my phone the other day. I have no use for such stuff but I've found it fun to play around with the creation tool. I figure its worth a share while we all wait for our frozen pizzas to cook in the oven. https://www.heroforge.com/
I dunno why I don't have a Halo 2 PC copy - I should've bought it, way back in the day. IIRC, I could've got it in the old Gogamer.com days, when I was buying retail boxed games left & right dirt-cheap. I know it's been cheap there, but - I don't think I had Vista then. Should've bought it anyways, back when it was (numerous times) $10 or less.

Man, we really need Halo: MMC to hit the PC and/or get emulated here on PC for sale/ownership (not that XB Pass bullcrap). I'd be so looking for it.

As for Hellgate: London coming to Steam - so glad to see it come here! I still have my old Collector's Ed retail box copy with the disc and all! Really interested w/ Hanbit bringing it here, seeing how the Tokyo expansion turned out and Version 2.0. Despite a "meh" story & "meh" ending to the base-game - the core gameplay loop; ARPG upgrading loot; levels & skills; and combat back then was a blast.

Hope to see more much older titles get Remastered and hit Steam; Updated versions hit PC/Steam; expand out games w/ new Expansions/DLC's like Beamdog did w/ BG2 and Nordic did w/ TQ: Ragnarok; old titles we ain't seen hit the PC come here; and/or whatever. These companies are sitting on old-school gold mines sometimes, yet don't even realize it or think about keeping the old stuff alive. Forget letting them become abandonware - keep them digitally for sale...and if need be, keep the popular ones going officially!

I think TPP takes more than 10 hours of play before the open world becomes enjoyable. Once you're running around recruiting people, doing side quests, customizing helpers, that's when it becomes fun.
The thing is, I had no desire to bother with the recruiting/Mother Base aspect of the game. All the leveling up, all the customization stuff, none of that interested me. So much time was spent in menus or making my way through a drab desert towards my objective. The pacing really was all over the place IMO. I was hoping for something more in line with Ground Zeroes without all the fluff.

I have a Hero Forge mini. Nice stuff if you don't mind the price (versus paying $4 for a Reaper Bones fig or something) and/or can't find a mass produced mini that really fits your character. And, like you said, it's fun to just mess around with it. Had I won the bajillion dollar lottery, I'd have made $100 bronze minis of all my characters.

Ain't no one got ten-plus hours to wait for a game to start being fun. That's what's known as a glaring design flaw.

I got my 5 $1.99 Red Baron pizzas today.  Also, don't forget to load the free chorizo digital coupon - that's a Friday only coupon. Kroger gives out 1 free item every Friday for the uninformed pheasants.  

phantom pain was a abysmal mgs game and a disgrace to open world games. that was without a doubt the worst open world game i have ever played, surpassing even LA Noire's dead open world. there was literally nothing in that open world, just random "camps" here and there.

how that game got 10s just goes to show you how many kojima fanboys are out there. im a huge mgs fan but the series has been a total joke since 3 outside of peace walker. just pretend the series ended after 3.

The fact that you guys think of MGS:V as an open-world game means that the series isn't for you.  Metal Gear Solid has always been a story-driven experience that revolves around cinematics and tactical stealth infiltration missions.  It was the first PS game that had fully voiced cutscenes.  If you haven't played the earlier games and don't have background knowledge of them then no doubt that TPP wouldn't make much sense. 

The fact that you guys think of MGS:V as an open-world game means that the series isn't for you. Metal Gear Solid has always been a story-driven experience that revolves around cinematics and tactical stealth infiltration missions. It was the first PS game that had fully voiced cutscenes. If you haven't played or understood the earlier games then no doubt that TPP wouldn't make much sense.
Ehhh I can see that for the 1st 4 titles plus psp one where it focused very much into it, TPP was the different one in my opinion

bread's done
Back