Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
What if I PMS, instead, is that acceptable?
I'm. . . just going to leave that between you and your Aunt Flo.

So, the 25'' G-Sync 240hz 1080p Monitor has finally arrived from OfficeDepot / OfficeMax, after 2 months or so of waiting.

Checking it out, as I type this.
Wait, you backlogged it for two months or was it being shipped from the Kuiper belt?

I'm just going to leave this here.

Bastion:

B3788-__3QB-PM4R5

The missing characters are . . .

__ and the Sunshine Band

This concludes my WB Humble giveaways. Peace.

Wait, you backlogged it for two months or was it being shipped from the Kuiper belt?
It was on back-order from Office Max.

Probably everybody and their cousin on Reddit ordered this thing.

Came directly from supplier (ViewSonic) instead.

This thing's awesome. Insane framerates.

So, the 25'' G-Sync 240hz 1080p Monitor has finally arrived from OfficeDepot / OfficeMax, after 2 months or so of waiting.

Checking it out, as I type this.
that's awesome man.

did you get in on that glitch deal? What was it like 75 or 100 bucks or something? I remember reading about it shortly after it expired. It wasn't up for too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's awesome man.

did you get in on that glitch deal? What was it like 75 or 100 bucks or something? I remember reading about it shortly after it expired. It wasn't up for too long.
I did get in on that glitch deal.

It was $170 on "sale".

Normally goes for $480.

Take a look at the Aspyr catalog, and tell me what your trigger point is. I'll try to make it happen. I like making big D discounts happen!
I would bite on Force Unleashed II if it would ever hit sub $5. Its been in a few bundles in the past but I haven't seen it any lower than $5 since. Its nice to see another rep stop by, its been awhile since poor Josh disappeared.

This concludes my WB Humble giveaways. Peace.
What was the answer to that batman question you used a few days back? I felt like I should've known it but couldn't think of anything.

I would bite on Force Unleashed II if it would ever hit sub $5. Its been in a few bundles in the past but I haven't seen it any lower than $5 since. Its nice to see another rep stop by, its been awhile since poor Josh disappeared.

What was the answer to that batman question you used a few days back? I felt like I should've known it but couldn't think of anything.
Zsasz.

It's nice to have a rep here, but literally own most if not all their games already... except on Mobile.  I see no need for those games on Mobile.  Looking through the list, I also don't play Call of Duty.  Not my thing.  

Edit:  Next Up Hero looks like a game I'd play on the Switch though.  Not really a PC game there but looks like a blast.  Maybe a Co-Op fun time.

AmazonJosh lasted about one week (he made a few posts 1-2 months later but the dream was already dead).

Hamble lasted about three weeks.

If aspyrbash can last one month then they'll be the longest tenured post-Tony rep in the PC gaming deals threads.

JyLNIv3.gif

Ok, for starters: season pass for Borderlands the pre-sequel - $5 which is long overdue for a true discount.
Forwarding these suggestions to our Sales Director ^^

It's nice to have a rep here, but literally own most if not all their games already... except on Mobile. I see no need for those games on Mobile. Looking through the list, I also don't play Call of Duty. Not my thing.

Edit: Next Up Hero looks like a game I'd play on the Switch though. Not really a PC game there but looks like a blast. Maybe a Co-Op fun time.
We're 50% off on Switch at the moment, but as a heads up, NSO is required for Next Up. I've put about 100 hours in (mostly live streamed), so I'll tell you this. The game rewards you if you put in the time. Early Game is incredibly punishing.

If aspyrbash can last one month then they'll be the longest tenured post-Tony rep in the PC gaming deals threads.
Oh we are settling in, don't worry ;) Bash has been in here for years and told me about AmazonTony and I thought that was a great idea...why not simply ask. Big thanks to CheapyD for letting us jump in.

As an owner of all the Civs (and Borderlands, and Bioshocks) I heartily approve.

You should tell them that they should go back to awesome narrations. Some of my favorite moments was having Nemoy talk to me in Civ IV. Spent much of my deployment playing a game that I couldn't get all the sprites to work (deployed + no internet to update + early "gaming" laptop) figuring out how to get by. Good times.

We're 50% off on Switch at the moment, but as a heads up, NSO is required for Next Up. I've put about 100 hours in (mostly live streamed), so I'll tell you this. The game rewards you if you put in the time. Early Game is incredibly punishing.
This makes me sad. I refuse to pay for NSO as I don't need/want the content. I don't need online components. Shame. I'd have loved to play me and the kid side by side beating people up. It's odd for me to be in another room so we can PC game together so we don't do it often.

Not being on the sales side, I never understood why Amazon basically abandoned it's push for increased digital (PC) game sales. Not enough profit margin vs work invested would be my obvious guess. If only we could get some pubs/devs in Mr. Bezos ear that cheapass nerds want/need good game sales and not Amazon Key. It seems like a good time now that most major sales hover between fair to middling.

But the Winter Steam Sale will finally save us, right?

Right?

{crickets}

Not being on the sales side, I never understood why Amazon basically abandoned it's push for increased digital (PC) game sales. Not enough profit margin vs work invested would be my obvious guess. If only we could get some pubs/devs in Mr. Bezos ear that cheapass nerds want/need goods game sales and not Amazon Key. It seems like a good time now that most major sales hover between fair to middling.

But the Winter Steam Sale will finally save us, right?

Right?

{crickets}
I imagine the same reason Steam stopped with their aggressive sales: once a ton of 'mainstream' people got exposed to the digital outlets there was no need to go with crazy promos when people think 30% off is an awesome deal.

Also, on the hardware front... as we approach Black Friday I've been monitoring prices of GPUs. Most 1080's I've seen are still hovering around $500 and I've seen 2070's going for that, too. 1070ti's are around $430-450. 1070's around $400 or so.

What are the AMD equivalents out right now? And let's say I wanted to try out 1080p at 144hz -- what would that require?

(Yes, yes, VRAMZ!!!)

Also, on the hardware front... as we approach Black Friday I've been monitoring prices of GPUs. Most 1080's I've seen are still hovering around $500 and I've seen 2070's going for that, too. 1070ti's are around $430-450. 1070's around $400 or so.

What are the AMD equivalents out right now? And let's say I wanted to try out 1080p at 144hz -- what would that require?

(Yes, yes, VRAMZ!!!)
384 for a 1070 sc on newegg right now. ti aint much better, I happen to have both.

I can run 1440p at 144 mhz with either the 1070 or 1070ti without breaking a sweat

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487265&cm_re=gtx_1070-_-14-487-265-_-Product

(Yes, yes, VRAMZ!!!)

There's a VEGA 64 for $430 on Newegg right now. There was a Vega 56 for $380 a few weeks ago. 56 is like a 1070. 64 is between a 1070ti and 1080.

What's the sweet spot for video cards right now? I have a radeon 480x now but haven't been keeping up on performance comparables. I'd like at least a 50% increase in performance.

(Yes, yes, VRAMZ!!!)
384 for a 1070 sc on newegg right now. ti aint much better, I happen to have both.

I can run 1440p at 144 mhz with either the 1070 or 1070ti without breaking a sweat

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487265&cm_re=gtx_1070-_-14-487-265-_-Product
FWIW, there have been some really good deals on 1070s over the last couple weeks. Newegg had an EVGA GTX 1070 SC for $244 AR earlier this morning w/ free Monster Hunter World (OOS now). Better deal than the $297 out of pocket I paid for a non-SC through EVGA's eBay store last week. There were some sub-$300 deals at Amazon as well. Also the occasional B-stock deal from EVGA for $300-ish.

Best currently live deals I can find are this EVGA 1070 Ti for $350 and this MSI RX Vega 56 for $330 AR w/ coupon NEN11020). Both blower-style coolers, unfortunately (would be a deal breaker for me). Vega 56 I believe falls between a regular 1070 and a 1070 Ti.

Thanks for all the info. Seems like I'm probably going to ponder between a 1070, Vega 56 or Vega 64 unless there's some noticeable Black Friday sale on the 2070's.

Was really disappointed in the large price tag attached to the 20X0 series given you're paying for yet-as-of-widely-used ray-tracing tech. Hopefully that at least leads to better Black Friday deals on the previous gen stuff.

What's the sweet spot for video cards right now? I have a radeon 480x now but haven't been keeping up on performance comparables. I'd like at least a 50% increase in performance.
For that kind of improvement you'd probably want at least a 1070 Ti or Vega 56/64.

I have watched every Thursday Night Football game this year and tonight I think I'm going to play Dragon Quest 11.  Gruden's team is a dumpster fire. 

I haven't watched a football game in over three years and I pretty much hate everything about the sport and the NFL but I would probably rather watch tonight's game than play any more of this Fallout 76 beta.

For monitors, if you can hold out and/or want a gsync one, during BF and the winter sales the dell S2716DGR(or GR or whatever the end changes) goes on sale for 300-350 depending on when you grab it. 27in 1440p 144hz with gsync. Hard to beat that price for a gsync monitor in that size and price

Thanks for all the info. Seems like I'm probably going to ponder between a 1070, Vega 56 or Vega 64 unless there's some noticeable Black Friday sale on the 2070's.

Was really disappointed in the large price tag attached to the 20X0 series given you're paying for yet-as-of-widely-used ray-tracing tech. Hopefully that at least leads to better Black Friday deals on the previous gen stuff.
Some 2080's have been dying.

PC Gamer - https://www.pcgamer.com/some-users-are-complaining-of-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-cards-dying/

NVidia forums thread on them dying - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1078162/geforce-rtx-20-series/rtx-2080ti-massively-die-/

NVidia 20xx forums on fire w/ massive 2080 issues - https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/227/

Nvidia Reddit about 2080 failures - https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/9si1ww/nvidia_rtx_2080_ti_graphics_cards_are_dying_in/

So, you're asking them to buy the rights to Vampyr from Focus and then immediately put it on sale? Pretty ballsy. Even for you MysterD.
I'm guessing Vampyr will appear in a Humble Bundle for around $12 at some point then.

When that might be, who knows. A month from now? 1 year from now? 2 years from now?

We'll have to wait and see.

I was just browsing Reddit and saw this deal on GreenManGaming:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/day-of-the-dead-10-pack/

I know I'm asking for it by asking this question, but is it possible to use a prepaid debit card on this site?
Not sure, they list what they accept. It says Visa, Visa Debit, Paypal, Mastercard, American Express and then some weirder stuff. Are you able to buy Amazon GCs with your prepaid debit? I have some GMG credit I've been meaning to burn so we could do a 1-1 trade if you're interested.

How much did you get it for on the YMMV clearance?

How many Hz is it?

What resolution?
This Omen is a 165hz 1440p 27" g-sync monitor. They're $349 at several stores in my area which is what I paid. I've been watching it like a hawk, hoping for the prices to go down further, and got nervous today when the listings disappeared at all of my local stores on brickseek.

Unfortunately the Omen is only a TN panel. But I've got a pair of crappy old 60hz 1080p TN panel monitors from like 8 years ago, so I think it will be a solid upgrade. I'd love to have a 1440p IPS panel (This is my dream monitor) but they are $600-700 new and $500+ refurbished, which is significantly out of my budget. I had $190 in gift cards at Walmart so I'm hoping that this one will work out.

bread's done
Back