Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My Mini-Display Port to (Regular) Display Port cable arrived today.

Great. Now my 4K 27'' Samsung monitor, which I moved now over to the SC15 laptop (since I threw the 1080p 240hz G-Sync Monitor over to my desktop w/ the 970), can run at 60fps max...instead of the 30fps it tops out on w/ HDMI cable.

Fallout 4 is running all smooth here at 60fps at 1080p when connected that 27'' monitor to my SC15. Some games should remain at 60fps b/c stuff goes wrong when over 60fps (i.e. physics go nuts in Creation Engine games), so the 60hz 4K 27'' monitor's perfect for games like that and other games like WWE 2K18 (which forces 60fps max).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I mean that's ok if you're new to the game, but that's why I said of games I already played. Ain't nobody got time for that...again.
Y'all are talking about that remaster of Warcraft III? I just assumed that was for the benefit of millenials who've been playing WoW for 20 years but never actually realized that there were earlier games set in that universe.

I agree with Neuro. I mean, it looks pretty, but I don't really have all that much interest in replaying a 16-year-old game that I've already played.

580 is a great deal for 1080p gaming, especially paired with a cheaper freesync monitor. I've seen a 27'' freesync with all the hertz car rental you could want for $200 and a 34'' Ultrawide Acer super hertz predator for $350. Now these aren't like available 24/7 but you certainly find a great deal on a top notch free sync monitor before you will find one for a G-sync one.

That's the only reason I wouldn't recommend the 1060 even though performance wise they are practically the same.
Does the RX580 perform similar to 3gb 1060 or 6gb 1060 version?

I've avoided WoW news for about 3 months now. I ended up needing to take a break and really haven't touched the expansion since release day. Sad to see BfA is so bad. Legion almost broke me of the addiction. It was one bad design choice after another. I knew many who came back for Legion and liked it and I just couldn't see it. Even now, it is really hard to get motivated to play and I miss my guildmates.
Legion was probably more fun to me because of all the connections to Warcraft 3 and TBC, it was the first expansion in a while where it felt like the story itself was making real progress, finally dealing with Sargeras. And it had a lot of fun content even with the various bad decisions that they made regarding itemization and the RNG nature of legendary item drops and forging. BFA was a mess in beta and as usual Blizzard didn't listen to any of the complaints. And the writing is dumber than ever. I do not know if they are setting Sylvanas up to be the next Garrosh or what, but it isn't remotely interesting. I might be done with WoW, honestly. TBC was great and Legion was basically closure to most of what was going on in that expansion, which drew me in. Not sure what they could do to sell me on coming back to the game at this point.

My Mini-Display Port to (Regular) Display Port cable arrived today.

Great. Now my 4K 27'' Samsung monitor, which I moved now over to the SC15 laptop (since I threw the 1080p 240hz G-Sync Monitor over to my desktop w/ the 970), can run at 60fps max...instead of the 30fps it tops out on w/ HDMI cable.

Fallout 4 is running all smooth here at 60fps at 1080p when connected that 27'' monitor to my SC15. Some games should remain at 60fps b/c stuff goes wrong when over 60fps (i.e. physics go nuts in Creation Engine games), so the 60hz 4K 27'' monitor's perfect for games like that and other games like WWE 2K18 (which forces 60fps max).
I know the 8GB performs similar to 6GB and I would assume the 4GB performs closer to the 3GB but I have no experience with the lower ram ones.

I know the 8GB performs similar to 6GB and I would assume the 4GB performs closer to the 3GB but I have no experience with the lower ram ones.
Just did some Googling.

Looks like your assumption is right on the $ on the 4gb RX 580 v. GTX 3gb 1060:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZ9TjVyn9I

Are they still giving away those free 3 games w/ the 570's and 580's?

Yes, at newegg at least. I would avoid the 1060 3GB, not enough ram in the long run and less HP gpu wise than 6GB version.
That's good, that RX 570's/580's still come w/ the 3 games. Heck of a deal, if someone needs an upgrade around here.

As for the cards: I already have 6GB 1060 on my G-Sync SC15 laptop and "4GB" 970 in my desktop (with XG2560 G-sync monitor), so I really don't need any upgrades myself.

EDIT:

Really looks very competitive for both NVidia and AMD, for those wanting to go w/ high-refresh monitors and buying some great cards. Seems like either way, you're gonna get some good products for the $.

The Cryorig H7 Plus came in the mail yesteday. Thing is massive. Not bad for $40 temp solution while /punting on current AIO's to try and get this thing built.

Cryorig-H7-plus.jpg

I'm one step closer to the edge.
i use that cooler (the original h7 with a second fan from cryorig i bought so basically the exact same thing) on my 3770k oc'd to 4.4. it peaks at 70-75 during gaming. intel burn test peaks at mid 80s. fan is quiet and i never hear it over case fans unless i am stress testing it.

if you need clearance space for whatever reason, just know that the second fan really has minimal impact on the performance. maybe 2c cooler of a difference tops i'd say. 1 fan is really all you need with it.

its a nice midrangeish cooler

Would like if they're available.

Speaking of smart fridges - Did I ever tell you guys that the wife got my smart fridge in the divorce? I got the kids. Should've gotten a better lawyer.
Why do you need the loot boxes? I assumed you played overwatch on your smart fridge. Ah, you probably still have a smart toaster to play overwatch on....

No deal to post, but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed gaming on my Alienware Alpha R1 today. It's low-end as hell by today's standards, but there are plenty of older Steam games that will work on it. I lost hours this afternoon playing Spelunky, Death Road to Canada, Dungelot: Shattered Lands, and 10000000. I don't have the money right now to upgrade, but sometimes, it's just nice to enjoy what you have.

That is all.

I started playing Hollow Knight today, and can confirm it's very good.

Also apparently it's long as  fuck for a metroidvania, hltb says it's 21 hours for main story and 45 hours for a completionist, it's a steal for 15 bucks

I have a question I hope someone here can help me with. If you have knowledge of PlayStation 3 hardware, you may be that someone. Here's the deal: I've been known to play Singstar on PS3, more than a little. There was a specific occasion, probably one of my birthdays, on which I convinced my wife to play with me. I have a couple of very grainy, roughly 30-second videos from that day on my PS3 hard drive. I'm pretty sure they're stored somewhere in the area the device references as Singstar Game Data, but I don't see any way to copy that to a flash drive. The only thing I can think of would be to remove the hard drive from the case, put it in an enclosure (there's a small chance I have one here somewhere) and connect it to my PC. I could try using Sony's PS3 backup utility as well, but I don't know whether it's possible to extract files from those backups. If anybody has information or helpful suggestions, please let me know. Thanks. 

I have a question I hope someone here can help me with. If you have knowledge of PlayStation 3 hardware, you may be that someone. Here's the deal: I've been known to play Singstar on PS3, more than a little. There was a specific occasion, probably one of my birthdays, on which I convinced my wife to play with me. I have a couple of very grainy, roughly 30-second videos from that day on my PS3 hard drive. I'm pretty sure they're stored somewhere in the area the device references as Singstar Game Data, but I don't see any way to copy that to a flash drive. The only thing I can think of would be to remove the hard drive from the case, put it in an enclosure (there's a small chance I have one here somewhere) and connect it to my PC. I could try using Sony's PS3 backup utility as well, but I don't know whether it's possible to extract files from those backups. If anybody has information or helpful suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
I know you can't pull anything off the PS3 hard drive by hooking it up to a computer. It's not recognized at all.

AFAIK, You can only "copy" a singstar video by uploading it to the community site then saving the video from there.

I now picture Warreni like this :

giphy.gif

I know you can't pull anything off the PS3 hard drive by hooking it up to a computer. It's not recognized at all.

AFAIK, You can only "copy" a singstar video by uploading it to the community site then saving the video from there.
Thanks, bud. I had avoided uploading them, but that was the key. I was able to upload them and then download them from the site. I appreciate your assistance. I don't know when my PS3 will crap out, tomorrow or 10 years from now, but I wanted to make sure I had these saved. I certainly can't make any more of them now.

I now picture Warreni like this :

giphy.gif
As long as he's wearing clothes, that's all that matters.

No deal to post, but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed gaming on my Alienware Alpha R1 today. It's low-end as hell by today's standards, but there are plenty of older Steam games that will work on it. I lost hours this afternoon playing Spelunky, Death Road to Canada, Dungelot: Shattered Lands, and 10000000. I don't have the money right now to upgrade, but sometimes, it's just nice to enjoy what you have.

That is all.
I use my alpha for TV couch co-op games (OverCooked, CupHead). It's pretty easy to slap some extra ram in there, and if you can swing it upgrade to an SSD. Should be able to run 95% of the available market.

Cheap wireless KB + M, and 2 Xbone Controllers recommended :)

I use my alpha for TV couch co-op games (OverCooked, CupHead). It's pretty easy to slap some extra ram in there, and if you can swing it upgrade to an SSD. Should be able to run 95% of the available market.

Cheap wireless KB + M, and 2 Xbone Controllers recommended :)
The Alpha was a nifty little gadget for its time that has been superseded by other small form factor PCs at this time, but every time I say I own one, people say "hey, idiot, you could have built one!" Then, I reply "hey, idiot, I said that I already own it!" Then, I ask them if I look like Doc Brown or Marty McFly.

Cataclysm and draenor sucked (except first raid tier of cata was fun) but I enjoyed mists of pandaria. Best zones blizzard has ever made imo.

Best of wow was back in burning crusade. I really liked wotlk, but that first raid tier was awful.

The Alpha was a nifty little gadget for its time that has been superseded by other small form factor PCs at this time, but every time I say I own one, people say "hey, idiot, you could have built one!" Then, I reply "hey, idiot, I said that I already own it!" Then, I ask them if I look like Doc Brown or Marty McFly.
When I hear you talking about your Alpha, I say "Shouldn't you be compiling Google Play deals instead of screwing around on that Alienware Alpha?"

I just wish there was an awesome new MMORPG that I could play.  It feels like vanilla WoW, Everquest, SWTOR, FF11, that type of magic is never going to be recaptured again. 

When I hear you talking about your Alpha, I say "Shouldn't you be compiling Google Play deals instead of screwing around on that Alienware Alpha?"
Hahahahaha! That's true though. Android is my favorite platform, but I do dabble in the PC and console realms when I can afford it...which isn't as often as I'd like these days.

I just wish there was an awesome new MMORPG that I could play. It feels like vanilla WoW, Everquest, SWTOR, FF11, that type of magic is never going to be recaptured again.
Same here. I want a game like that again where I say "one more quest" at 9 pm and by the time I'm done it's 3 am. It was an extremely rewarding experience.

Something just felt good about those games.

MMORPGS are passe. I played WoW consistently in 2004-2008 because digital download was still in its relative infancy. After that there was a bit of a golden age of quality indie titles (mostly due to Steam) that offered more entertainment value. Of course now we've fast forwarded into a glut of trash titles on Steam and F2P/microtransaction fiestas.

SWTOR was honestly the most fun I have ever had, but that got cut short when my WoW raiding buddies quit that too.  FF14 is very good, but it just doesn't quite have that staying power.  The problem is that all these new-age games seem to be either too casual-friendly, or else azn grindfests + loot treadmill. 

SWTOR was honestly the most fun I have ever had, but that got cut short when my WoW raiding buddies quit that too. FF14 is very good, but it just doesn't quite have that staying power. The problem is that all these new-age games seem to be either too casual-friendly, or else azn grindfests + loot treadmill.
Not really leaving yourself much room there. Casual-friendly sounds like something that isn't even a bad thing, since streamlining processes is much easier than hand-crafting every item like you do in FF14. Unless you mean something other than what I'm thinking. And grinding is all people do in any MMO-style game to prevent themselves from appearing casual.

I play GW2 and enjoy it. It's a free game with two $30 expansions. You can jump and do other casual-based stuff, like roam solo and craft things you discover automatically. It has raids, dungeons, and fractals, which are like dungeons that increase in difficulty as you go higher. There's a good amount of end-game content. PVP and WVW are post-endgame when you're good enough to play against other people, and while the community is pretty cancerous you can usually find some decent people to play with. The main story + Living World S2 + Heart of Thorns + Living World S3 + Path of Fire + Living World S4 will run you at least 400 hours. It looks much better than WoW and is updated frequently. The only thing you wouldn't get to play story-wise is Living World S1, and I'd honestly buy it just to play it.

No furry nonsense, no bondage armor, and very few bikinis though, if that's something you do in RPGs.

Also, there are still monthly subs. SWTOR and FFXIV are both being worked on still. Having the option to pay a microtransaction fee for some shitty Mooby skin to support the devs isn't the same as paying just to play the game.

Trying to trick me! And it almost worked...

In other news the humble monthly reveals and blizzcon were both incredibly underwhelming today. I'm pretty sure the wow mob that takes to reddit and anywhere they can be heard so they can complain about each and every decision blizzard makes will never be satisfied, but that mobile diablo reveal...yikes.
We'll have some pretty good deals tomorrow. Feel free to guess them ^^

GW2 was a really good game. I played it way back when it released and really enjoyed my time leveling up in it. Vistas were cool, the world PvP was interesting. But it all petered out for me when I couldn't really find players to run dungeons with at the level cap. I remember that basically no one talked in town and there was virtually no social interaction in-game. Nor were there any matchmaking systems for the PvE content.

GW2 was a really good game. I played it way back when it released and really enjoyed my time leveling up in it. Vistas were cool, the world PvP was interesting. But it all petered out for me when I couldn't really find players to run dungeons with at the level cap. I remember that basically no one talked in town and there was virtually no social interaction in-game. Nor were there any matchmaking systems for the PvE content.
You should check it out again. They added the LFG system, people are always shitposting in some map, and fractals and raids are both much better than dungeons. Arah is still very hard because everyone rushes through it.

The level cap is 80 for F2P people, but there are 278 Masteries for people who bought the expansions. Heart of Thorns gave us gliding, updrafts, ley lines, invisible enemies, the ability to talk to the frog race and exalted, and tunnels to warp through within the level. LS3 gave us fighting abilities for gliding. Path of Fire gives us mounts: a raptor based on speed with a tail swipe attack to group enemies, a rabbit with the ability to jump very high and do lots of CC damage, a skimmer which looks like a manta ray that floats over water and heals, a jackal that can warp short distances, and a griffon that can fly. Then there's a roller beetle that moves faster than the raptor. Not sure if they will add more. LS4 isn't over with yet.

There's still another dragon to fight after this one ends early next year, so we'll get at least one more expac and another LS to go along with it. It will probably be about Norns.

Wotlk>TBC>MOP>Legion>Cataclysm>pineapple pizza>>>>WOD

I haven't played BFA so I can't comment on that, but from what I'm reading here it's shit and I shall believe in you nerds.

Thanks, bud. I had avoided uploading them, but that was the key. I was able to upload them and then download them from the site. I appreciate your assistance. I don't know when my PS3 will crap out, tomorrow or 10 years from now, but I wanted to make sure I had these saved. I certainly can't make any more of them now.

As long as he's wearing clothes, that's all that matters.
Glad to see you found a way! You've probably done so, but if you haven't, make sure to record any voicemails you might want to save. A lot of the carriers will delete after so long or require you to confirm you want to save them every 3 months.

Glad to see you found a way! You've probably done so, but if you haven't, make sure to record any voicemails you might want to save. A lot of the carriers will delete after so long or require you to confirm you want to save them every 3 months.
I don't have any. She wasn't big on leaving messages. :cry:

You should check it out again. They added the LFG system, people are always shitposting in some map, and fractals and raids are both much better than dungeons. Arah is still very hard because everyone rushes through it.
I played a long time ago and started to go back but if you hadn't logged on during an update that story stuff wasn't free (I guess that was the "Living World" stuff?) and it seemed like it would run into a lot of money in a hurry. Is that still the case and if so how expensive would it be to catch up on the game other than the two expansions themselves? I have the Heart of Thorns expansion from a sale but not the newer one.

bread's done
Back