Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yeah, I bought that. Now deciding on https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-AORUS-Radeon-Graphic-GV-RX580AORUS-8GD/dp/B06Y46X4L9/

Don't see any amazing deals on GPUs today, although there's the Sapphire Nitro 580 for $210 at Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202280

All things considered I prefer Amazon because I have Prime and they have good/easy return policies.

Also was able to do a little research and found out the Wraith Spire stock cooler on the 2600x performs well enough to keep whereas the Wraith Stealth cooler on the 2600 had about 10 degrees worse temps so that would probably require another $25-30ish investment, anyway. Price is basically equal there.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you're a Prime member you can save another $10 using code TWITCHPRIME at checkout.

I'll probably end up getting it unless I can luck into a comparable deal today on something at CL15.

Also was able to do a little research and found out the Wraith Spire stock cooler on the 2600x performs well enough to keep whereas the Wraith Stealth cooler on the 2600 had about 10 degrees worse temps so that would probably require another $25-30ish investment, anyway. Price is basically equal there.
I've been using the same thought process for a while. 2600 for $150-ish is terrific, but I figured if the 2600X was ever $180-ish that would be the one for me. It'll also be nice to get to avoid CPU overclocking since all the AM4 MSI boards (I got the B450 Tomahawk) have some annoying issues in that area (No offset voltage, CnQ disabled when you change clock speeds).

And if you're a Prime member you can save another $10 using code TWITCHPRIME at checkout.

I'll probably end up getting it unless I can luck into a better deal today on something at CL15.
Oh darn, could I have used that code on the CPU, too?

Nope, nevermind, I see the page with the stuff that gets the discount.

Will probably pick up that memory before the deal ends. I mean, RAM is RAM for the most part (at least for me since I'm not into eeking out excess performance) and $90 for 16GB is the best deal I've seen.

Still nothing on the GPU front, I might just keep waiting. 580's have consistently been $200 for the last month with only a couple of the higher end ones (the Sapphire Nitro and the Gigabyte Aorus) dropping down from $240ish to $200ish. The MSI Armor will probably remain at that price for the foreseeable future without any kind of BF promo. Maybe Vega 56's will start to fall or perhaps 590's will, too, when people don't really buy them given the minimal performance gain from a 580.

That leaves the motherboard as my only remaining discretionary purchase. Was thinking about micro-ATX since I don't really like big boat-anchor ATX/mid-tower.

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on good ATX or micro-ATX motherboards to pair with the Ryzen 2600x?

Yeah, I bought that. Now deciding on https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-AORUS-Radeon-Graphic-GV-RX580AORUS-8GD/dp/B06Y46X4L9/

Don't see any amazing deals on GPUs today, although there's the Sapphire Nitro 580 for $210 at Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202280

All things considered I prefer Amazon because I have Prime and they have good/easy return policies.
I went with the sapphire myself, seems to be one of the better rx580 cards and it was the best $200'ish card I could find.

Will probably pick up that memory before the deal ends. I mean, RAM is RAM for the most part (at least for me since I'm not into eeking out excess performance) and $90 for 16GB is the best deal I've seen.

Still nothing on the GPU front, I might just keep waiting. 580's have consistently been $200 for the last month with only a couple of the higher end ones (the Sapphire Nitro and the Gigabyte Aorus) dropping down from $240ish to $200ish. The MSI Armor will probably remain at that price for the foreseeable future without any kind of BF promo. Maybe Vega 56's will start to fall or perhaps 590's will, too, when people don't really buy them given the minimal performance gain from a 580.

That leaves the motherboard as my only remaining discretionary purchase. Was thinking about micro-ATX since I don't really like big boat-anchor ATX/mid-tower.

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on good ATX or micro-ATX motherboards to pair with the Ryzen 2600x?
ASUS ROG Mobos are good and they tend to be pretty

ASUS ROG Mobos are good and they tend to be pretty
Since I'm tech illiterate (yeah I know it's mostly plug in and not hard but derp) I'm going to bring most of muh components to a guy at a local shop and have him determine if I should go ATX or micro ATX and then have him pick the motherboard (around $100ish).

Does anyone recommend the CORSAIR K95? I play with it a bunch at Microcenter, but it's always like $170 or so.
I have the K70 RGB LUX and it's such a fucking slut I love it. It doesn't have any macros or anything, just small media controls. It's great though. If you don't want/need macros it's only $110 at BHPhoto.

Since I'm tech illiterate (yeah I know it's mostly plug in and not hard but derp) I'm going to bring most of muh components to a guy at a local shop and have him determine if I should go ATX or micro ATX and then have him pick the motherboard (around $100ish).
1. All these new Team Red Bros warm my heart.

2. ATX vs. Micro ATX is really just dependent on your case. If you want a smaller case, go micro, if you have a regular case, go regular. These 580s are pretty big so you might want to go regular just for airflow/fit.

https://techguided.com/micro-atx-vs-mini-itx-vs-atx/

Basically, regular ATX is 3 inches longer on one side

That price is the best deal I've seen in long while either. It is slow memory though which isn't especially recommended for AMD which is a bit more memory speed dependent than Intel. In a more perfect world, you'd be aiming for 3200 speed.

That said, for the price it's kind of hard to argue.

If you ever plan to do anything else with your PC, building-wise, do yourself the favor and go standard ATX. Working on micro boards sucks.

Does anyone recommend the CORSAIR K95? I play with it a bunch at Microcenter, but it's always like $170 or so.
Have you used a mechanical yet in order to know what you like in terms of switch, keycap material, and layout?

If not, I'm not sure jumping in at that kind of price point makes sense. Some The cheap mechanicals on Amazon are excellent, especially for the price, and would probably make a better starting point.

You might not think you'll ever want to replace your keycaps, but keeping the option open is worth considering and the K95 does not have a standard layout, making replacements difficult to find.

Take a look at /r/mechanicalkeyboards.

But when doing so, keep this xkcd in mind:

crazy_straws.png

Can anyone suggest a good windowed case? I'm building a system with rgb (ATX size). I wanted to get the NZXT S340 elite but it appears it's long gone. =( I am looking at the H500 and H700 and am leaning that way now, but I know nothing of working inside one. How good are they? Are there ones that are better? I hope to get a either a 280mm or 360mm radiator for the 9600k that could cool it at 5ghz and still be fairly quiet, likely with low RPM. So it would have to be a windowed case that could house either of those two sizes of radiator in the front.

So I probably got my parts decided. Asrock AB350 pro4 with corsair LPX 16gb x 2 and got a ryzen 2600x for all about $450. Hopefully everything matches well when assembled. I'm still using a radeon rx480 since my monitors are 1080 at 60hz. Oh yeah, I did get a WD m.2 500gb for $90 too.

I love my K95 Platinum but I also got it for a lot less than that, was on sale on eBay during one of those 20% off deals so ended up being closer to $100. The Platinum is on sale on Corsair's site for $130 at the moment too. Of course it only has one row of Macro keys, if those are something you are after. Slightly different switches too, I think.

when did this become the pc building thread?  autum sale is pretty awesome, why no talk about that?

Side note - won a sweatshirt from my favorite local pizza place, Sals.  Best deal ever?

Side note #2 - Been thinking of upgrading my 6700k but nothing out there is really worth the upgrade right now, considering 9900k just because it sounds cool, but probably will stick with the 6700k for a year or two longer.

You might want to be more careful and reconsider that. Ryzen is actually really picky when it comes to RAM. Numerous RAM sticks will not work at their listed speeds and some will not even post. You really ought to buy something off your motherboard's QVL (qualified vendors list) to ensure compatibility.

RAM speed is also much more important in a Ryzen build. Ryzen wants faster RAM. It will affect your performance a lot more than differing RAM speeds would inside an Intel build. A lot of cheap RAM kits will not work with Ryzen and the system craves B-die.

So what kind would be good?
The one at Amazon works for Ryzen. If you read the reviews or do a search for Ryzen in the questions and answers section you'll see. Faster is always better but that one will work fine.

Edit:

I would chance the Amazon for $90 and if it doesn't work just return it and buy something else. They make kits that specifically say they are Ryzen and/or AMD compatible so you can always get one of those should this not work.

Since those PC parts seem to be the real deals during this Black Friday madness, not PC games.
Steam sale has been garbage, but other sites have had decent sales. Some of the things I've bought:

Fallout 4 GOTY - $17 (WinGameStore; slightly cheaper from CDkeys if you use 3% off coupon)

Wolfenstein 2 Deluxe - $19 (WinGameStore)

Injustice 2 Ultimate - $7ish (CDKeys)

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe - $3ish (CDKeys)

Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online - $7ish from GamesPlanet

Both Zwei games from Humble Store using monthly discount + $5 coupon from CoC price mistake

Overall, yeah it hasn't been amazing for PC game deals but other sites have been a little competitive.

Some other notable mentions that I saw were Final Fantasy XV for $17 on CDKeys and Dragon Quest XI (GMG VIP deal, already posted)

That RAM is actually faster than I first thought at a glance and I'd stay with it for the price.  It'll be fine.  Unless it's not, then abuse Amazon's usually generous return policy.

(I saw the "2400" in PC4-24000 and my weary brain thought it was DDR4-2400 PC4-19200)

Interesting.

Anyone who's played the DLC's have any thoughts on them?
Eh. Skippable. If you're going to get it for a cheap price as a Deluxe edition anyway then fine but I wouldn't seek them out.

In the base game, BJ gets hold of three pieces of exoskeleton over time. One that lets him jump high, one lets him run fast and ram things and one allows him to constrict his chest cavity to slide under things. The three DLCs are some other rando with one of those abilities: A football player dude who can ram things, a soldier who can leap and a spy chick who can slide under couches. But none of the stories are anything much and it's essentially like playing more Wolf 2 but not as much. They don't add anything new to game play or story.

Eh. Skippable. If you're going to get it for a cheap price as a Deluxe edition anyway then fine but I wouldn't seek them out.

In the base game, BJ gets hold of three pieces of exoskeleton over time. One that lets him jump high, one lets him run fast and ram things and one allows him to constrict his chest cavity to slide under things. The three DLCs are some other rando with one of those abilities: A football player dude who can ram things, a soldier who can leap and a spy chick who can slide under couches. But none of the stories are anything much and it's essentially like playing more Wolf 2 but not as much. They don't add anything new to game play or story.
On WinGameStore (before promo's):

Wolf 2: TNC - Base-Game is $14.14.

Wolf 2: TNC - Deluxe (with Pass) is $19.28.

Sounds like for a few more bucks, don't sounds like it's that much money for a few small DLC's. [shrug]

(i.e. which sounds like a similar situation, when I bought Homefront: The Rev - Freedom Bundle for around that price, a long while back).

When are the bros scheduling ice lakes fishing bro night?

You might want to be more careful and reconsider that. Ryzen is actually really picky when it comes to RAM. Numerous RAM sticks will not work at their listed speeds and some will not even post. You really ought to buy something off your motherboard's QVL (qualified vendors list) to ensure compatibility.

RAM speed is also much more important in a Ryzen build. Ryzen wants faster RAM. It will affect your performance a lot more than differing RAM speeds would inside an Intel build. A lot of cheap RAM kits will not work with Ryzen and the system craves B-die.
Normally I'd agree but the deal is too good to pass up I think. I bought some as spare ram since anything 3200 (even cas 16) these days is more and anything samsung b-die is still at $200 for 16gb. If I don't get lazy I'll toss it into a X370 mobo I have waiting to be built and see how it does.

Steam sale has been garbage, but other sites have had decent sales. Some of the things I've bought:

Fallout 4 GOTY - $17 (WinGameStore; slightly cheaper from CDkeys if you use 3% off coupon)

Wolfenstein 2 Deluxe - $19 (WinGameStore)

Injustice 2 Ultimate - $7ish (CDKeys)

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe - $3ish (CDKeys)

Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online - $7ish from GamesPlanet

Both Zwei games from Humble Store using monthly discount + $5 coupon from CoC price mistake

Overall, yeah it hasn't been amazing for PC game deals but other sites have been a little competitive.

Some other notable mentions that I saw were Final Fantasy XV for $17 on CDKeys and Dragon Quest XI (GMG VIP deal, already posted)
geez dude you guys need to remind me of these sites

Oh and don't forget to grab a $15 PS4 controller if you haven't yet. Even if you own a decent controller they're a good backup for platforming/fighting games.

Most of the good colors are sold out, but there are a few colors left. You need to apply the $10 off code in the FB app to get it for $15, which you probably have if you haven't bought anything from Facebook marketplace before.

Oh and don't forget to grab a $15 PS4 controller if you haven't yet. Even if you own a decent controller they're a good backup for platforming/fighting games.

Most of the good colors are sold out, but there are a few colors left. You need to apply the $10 off code in the FB app to get it for $15, which you probably have if you haven't bought anything from Facebook marketplace before.
PS4 controller 4 Ice Lakes Fishing = Best Deal Ever.

The SATA SSD don't seem to be any kind of BF promotion just the general declining price of SSDs so I'll ponder that a bit. Same with GPU. The Sapphire Nitro's price on Newegg of $210 is good through the weekend. Still, I think prices of GPUs will continue in a downward trend now that mining is in the toilet.

And 580 prices should drop even lower if/when the 2060's or 2050's come out.

I agree, I thought the "story" Dlc sucked for Wolf2.

I really kinda want to do this, but I also really don't need a third PS4 controller. I haven't even taken my second out of the packaging.

Anyone has experience with seagate firecuda? I was going to recycle my 3tb wd from my old system but a 2tb firecuda for $80 at Amazon seems like a good price. 8gb NAND.

bread's done
Back