Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I hadn't realized that people owned dance moves now.
that actually has been a thing since the 70s, its just not litigated often because nobody really cares (and its often murky about who did the choreography, etc)

People would have bought Saints Row even without that dance being in it so he really has no chance of winning that...
yeah i was 100% serious about him suing a company that doesnt exist anymore

Yeah I think I was confused for a moment. The frustrating part was needing to be a squad lead and accumulate 41.5k squad points in order to launch a missile attack for the culmination of the weekly quest. So you have to start your own squad, hope for the best, and then it would still bug out and not complete. A lot of stuff is still buggy in this game.
Ahh yea, the lead points can be a bit of a pain, and also unknown. We've had times were we've been top squad but still never had enough squad points for a rocket until like the last 10sec of a match, making it useless

Everybody is suing Epic and I love it. Other games have swiped dances before, but none have really been as big. The fact it's F2P and they make money off selling these emotes hurts them more. I hope they lose and have to pay up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone mentioned the GMG sale, don't forget they have the mystery bundle when you purchase GMG credit.  I did it because I was already planning on buying something on GMG.  I got the $30 credit with the 15 mystery games and it was all bundle fodder but it was a +8.  

Here's what I got for the curious:

Supreme League of Patriots Issue 2

Black Sand Drift

Citalis

The Black Death

Nihilumbra

Death by Gameshow

Uncanny Valley

Liveza Death of Earth

Black and White Bushido

Frontline Tactics

Urizen Shadows of the Cold

Super Kitty Boing Boing

The Bunker

Purgatory

Neverend

So if you are planning to buy something at GMG during the sale I recommend you do the credit first. 

Regarding Epic and people suing about a dance:

I have to agree that it is murky water.  Who really owns the right to a dance?  The performer, the choreographer, the company that owns the rights to the tv show etc.  Just because xyz actor made a dance move "famous" for 15 minutes decades ago, do they have a right to compensation?  I do not know.  I think Fox hit it on the head correctly with mentioning that people are paying for the emotes.  It will take a judge to make a decision on what percentage, if any, an actor is entitled to.

Of course, Forknife is not the first game to have dance moves but it has made a ridiculous amount of money.  It was only a matter of time before people wanted a piece of the pie.

Someone mentioned the GMG sale, don't forget they have the mystery bundle when you purchase GMG credit. I did it because I was already planning on buying something on GMG. I got the $30 credit with the 15 mystery games and it was all bundle fodder but it was a +8.

Here's what I got for the curious:

Supreme League of Patriots Issue 2

Black Sand Drift

Citalis

The Black Death

Nihilumbra

Death by Gameshow

Uncanny Valley

Liveza Death of Earth

Black and White Bushido

Frontline Tactics

Urizen Shadows of the Cold

Super Kitty Boing Boing

The Bunker

Purgatory

Neverend

So if you are planning to buy something at GMG during the sale I recommend you do the credit first.
I think that more sites are promoting the wallet/credit issue. I already have Humble and Steam credit. Your example is good for what you mention, just preload before buying a sale item. Thank you Fox

Somewhat on topic, though wrong thread, Humble Fortnite Bundle.

:puke:
uJIkDin.gif

Regarding Epic and people suing about a dance:

I have to agree that it is murky water. Who really owns the right to a dance? The performer, the choreographer, the company that owns the rights to the tv show etc. Just because xyz actor made a dance move "famous" for 15 minutes decades ago, do they have a right to compensation? I do not know. I think Fox hit it on the head correctly with mentioning that people are paying for the emotes. It will take a judge to make a decision on what percentage, if any, an actor is entitled to.

Of course, Forknife is not the first game to have dance moves but it has made a ridiculous amount of money. It was only a matter of time before people wanted a piece of the pie.
i feel like theoretically you can make the same argument about music or anything else though. who owns the rights to a song? the performer, the producer, the record label, etc? i'm not a lawyer or anything obviously but i don't see why a dance cant qualify as intellectual property like a song or something else can

i feel like theoretically you can make the same argument about music or anything else though. who owns the rights to a song? the performer, the producer, the record label, etc? i'm not a lawyer or anything obviously but i don't see why a dance cant qualify as intellectual property like a song or something else can
It does. There's protection there for choreography/dancing. In the case of backpack kid I think it's pretty clear he made that up. Not too sure about the Milly Rock. There could have been others involved. Now with Carlton, I think that's a big loss because they didn't just copy the Fresh Prince dance, they copied a new variance he made up for when he was on Dancing with the Stars.

Still looking for extraneous components for muh computer.  Only just got the motherboard because it took about a week or two to get in stock at Amazon.  Looking at ratings and price/performance, this mATX case got solid reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Versa-Computer-Chassis-CA-1D4-00S1NN-00/dp/B01CLIZ698/

Looking for a PSU now.  There's ZOMG RBG: https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Toughpower-256-Color-Warranty-PS-TPG-0650FPCGUS-R/dp/B01N7GD5HN/

But RGB is mostly worthless in a case without ZOMG tempered glass.  Anyone have any suggestions for a 650 Watt PSU for a good price?

Are you subscribed to Newegg and Fry's daily emails? Keep an eye on those and check r/buildapcsales and slickdeals. Seasonic and EVGA seem to be the most reliable PSUs. Last month a 750W EVGA G1 80+ Gold PSU was $30 after rebate - great deal.

Most important thing is to search for reviews on any given model, especially from JonnyGuru who do really detailed testing and breakdowns. You just need to check the final scoring and see if they note any major flaws.

You can currently get the Seasonic FOCUS series SSR-750FM 750W 80+ for $50 after rebate from Newegg. Ends in 2 days. That seems like a good deal. 7-year warranty instead of the usual 5 for PSUs around a similar price point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/a7q6ns/psu_seasonic_focus_series_ssr750fm_750w_80_gold/

older discussion here - https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/7knrv2/psu_seasonic_focus_ssr750fm_gold_semimodular_7499/

No JonnyGuru review of the 750FM, but they gave the FOCUS+ model (750FX) a 9.6/10. 750FM will probably be a little louder and not score as well on the voltage regulation/stability/etc. tests.

If you're willing head to r/buildapc, read the posting instructions, tell them what you already have, and see if they have PSU recommendations.

Another good place to cross-reference PSUs you consider or see on sale:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/986897-psu-tier-list-30/

This month marks the 10 year anniversary of Steam Winter sales.

Can't wait for the awesome deals revealed today in celebration.

I do have a sliver of hope since Steam will need to be more competitive in the future, but I think it's too early for Steam to change its sales because of threats from Epic.

I wonder if Epic will have a winter sale for the half dozen games they're currently selling.

I do have a sliver of hope since Steam will need to be more competitive in the future, but I think it's too early for Steam to change its sales because of threats from Epic.

I wonder if Epic will have a winter sale for the half dozen games they're currently selling.
Don't expect more than 11% off or it will cut into their profits.

For the most part, I am not expecting lower pricing compared to the most recent sale.  I am watching to see when Humble start their sale and if Amazon is going to match Ubi or others.  Fox mentioned yesterday about GMG sale and how to save more and get a bonus mystery pack.  If you have 100 Ubi points, you can save 20% (restrictions apply) on your order.

Steam be competitive about prices;  I thought this could also be said of the devs as Steam encourages devs to price their games for the sale.

Why would you expect competition from Epic's store to lead to lower prices on Steam? Steam doesn't decided what discounts happen during the sales. The publishers set their own prices. I don't see any reason to increase discounts on either store for publishers who might be on both.

Why would you expect competition from Epic's store to lead to lower prices on Steam? Steam doesn't decided what discounts happen during the sales. The publishers set their own prices. I don't see any reason to increase discounts on either store for publishers who might be on both.
With increased competition, there are several things Steam can do. One, they could bring back the time-limited greater discounts. They could put more pressure on companies to lower their prices using such tactics as promising them featured status on the store or be willing to take off some of the cut Steam gets. They could also bring back giveaways or the auction style thing they did once.

I think the caveat to playing a Mass Effect game is that it's a Mass Effect game.

e.g.

"Dude that game looks pretty good."

"...it's a Mass Effect game."

Playing through the Mass Effect games for the very first time in 2018 (currently on ME3), I'd say they are fun games to play. Why the 'poo-pooing' of them?

best sale of all time!  I can actually get to the home page!  but nothing is on sale yet, maybe its because people dont buy games on steam anymore?

Playing through the Mass Effect games for the very first time in 2018 (currently on ME3), I'd say they are fun games to play. Why the 'poo-pooing' of them?
They're amazing games. Truth be told it was at one time my favorite series of all time, and likely should still be my favorite series of all time, I read all the books (and comics), etc etc...

And then I played the last ten minutes of ME3. It's been patched so it's not as horrible as it once was... but you never get a second chance for a first impression do the new ending did nothing for me...

Anyhow, no spoilers from me so enjoy...

bread's done
Back