Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
VYhSbQs.gif
PrkkqoQ.gif

Using a Enter/carriage return and then a space to break stuff up - even just after a few sentences, lines, and all. It just makes stuff a lot easier to read and looks a ton better for everyone.
I literally cannot remember the last time I heard (read) somebody use the term "carriage return", maybe it was while reading an old Agatha Christie novel....

Everybody boast about how the raids are so great but the raids are kind of a messed up in the sense that if you're either on a different platform then other people you know or just don't have friends that play it your only option was to use lfg and dealing with Elitest demanding a minimum light level that was unachievable without having played a raid before, previous experience,certain class , certain weapon. and if you do get picked up by a team it's usually confusing and frustrating your first time depending on the rest of the group. Sometimes people don't tell you what to do sometimes people the whole group never played before and and it takes forever or you just can't beat it. Some people want to holler at you if you don't know what bto do or you're not doing something right or you just get kicked.
This is basically every MMO end game ever, not just Destiny.

I'm more of a prosciutto and soppressata fan. Not for pizza, just in general. And if you're not getting these meats from an authentic Italian deli you're doing yourself a disservice. Like getting a corned beef sandwich with mayo on wheat from Arby's disservice. 

I do not see Epic becoming more customer service friendly.  They are catering to the Devs.  The new change to refunds was expected.  The amount of data from sales mined from Steam gave them valuable information.  It is easier to set up a new(er) service if you learn from observing what has worked and not worked from the competition.  While I can applaud the amount that they are giving Devs to go through Epic platform, I still have not seen how Epic is making their platform better than Steam.  I admit that I will grab whatever free game, but why else even go to Epic?  Even people that got Subnautica on Epic for free are using Steam for support.  Support page on Epic for each game?  haha.  I also am scratching my head about why Ubi decided to having Division 2 on Epic.  Why not just have Division 2 on Uplay only?  Even when buying a newer Ubi game on Steam, you have to log into Uplay.  For Epic; it is the same.  Sorry, but Uplay is better than Epic.  Ubi could keep the "cut" that they are giving Epic and have Division 2 be Uplay exclusive.  The only thing I could think of is more volume sales for Fortnight type gamers going on the Epic site.  

I also am scratching my head about why Ubi decided to having Division 2 on Epic. Why not just have Division 2 on Uplay only? Even when buying a newer Ubi game on Steam, you have to log into Uplay. For Epic; it is the same. Sorry, but Uplay is better than Epic. Ubi could keep the "cut" that they are giving Epic and have Division 2 be Uplay exclusive. The only thing I could think of is more volume sales for Fortnight type gamers going on the Epic site.
Every seller takes 30% or more for physical copies. Expect Humble Store and Epic Games, even if for just giving cd key.

Epic paid for Ubisoft to release it on Epic Store instead of Steam and now Ubisoft can pressure Valve dropping their cut while being paid by Epic to do so. Win-Win.

Uplay version is cheapest, at least in EMEA where you can use 20% coupon on Ubistore, so it's not like anyone buying from Ubistore would switch to Epic Store. And if someone buying from other sites switch, it's still a small win.

I'm more of a prosciutto and soppressata fan. Not for pizza, just in general. And if you're not getting these meats from an authentic Italian deli you're doing yourself a disservice. Like getting a corned beef sandwich with mayo on wheat from Arby's disservice.
Arby's makes good meats. Stop being a snob.

Madjoki, I agree that it was a win for Ubi as you detailed; forces Steam to lowering their cut and being paid by Epic.

I was wondering why Ubi has not begun with Uplay only/exclusive, especially considering that EA/Origin has done that.  

GoG is the other player I keep wondering if they will pull the exclusive with Cyberpunk.  I thought the plan with Thronebreaker originally was to be exclusive to GoG and then it appeared on Steam.  Cyberpunk is a big enough title that people are anticipating that I could see it working for GoG if they tried exclusive. (For what it is worth, yes I would rather it be on Steam at this point.)

GoG is the other player I keep wondering if they will pull the exclusive with Cyberpunk. I thought the plan with Thronebreaker originally was to be exclusive to GoG and then it appeared on Steam. Cyberpunk is a big enough title that people are anticipating that I could see it working for GoG if they tried exclusive. (For what it is worth, yes I would rather it be on Steam at this point.)
I'm pretty sure that was the plan. It was initially advertised as a GOG-exclusive, so, as I've mentioned before, I was a little miffed when about a month after release, they put it on Steam. My suspicion is that it wasn't getting the sales through GOG alone that they had hoped for. What I think they might start to do with their in-house games is something like a timed-exclusive, the way that Microsoft does with some of its first-party content. I figure they're either going to try that or go back to making their stuff available everywhere all the time.

They do, I agree.

But who in there right mind would get corned beef with mayo on wheat? The same person who puts apples on a non-desert pizza, that's who.
Corned beef is perfectly tasty on most any sort of bread and with many different accompanying ingredients. On wheat with mayo would likely be delicious.

That said, why? There's a better way.

(And if for some reason I decided to have a corned beef sandwich using a nice wheat bread and for some reason also wanted to skip mustard, I'd likely go with a nice salted butter over mayo.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam now has 30,000 games

The total does not include DLC or software.

Quietly, softly, some time in the past few weeks, Steam has reached a grand total of over 30,000 games. That sum is just games, mind you, and doesn’t include software, DLC, or videos (That total is about 21,000 more things.) That’s one game for every inhabitant of Kent, Ohio; Hatfield, Hertfordshire; or Dubbo, New South Wales. It’s not an immediately relevant milestone, but it is noteworthy just how much of that total came from releases in the last year or two. According to Steamspy about 9,300 games released in 2018, while about 6,700 released in 2017. That means that over half, roughly 53% of the games on Steam, came out in the two years since the advent of Steam Direct.
BK4x2nv.gif

I'd assume that opening the floodgates was an overall net positive for Valve's bottom line, but I wonder how many of those 16,000 games released in 2017 and 2018 are hentai puzzles.

Corned beef is perfectly tasty on most any sort of bread and with many different accompanying ingredients. On wheat with mayo would likely be delicious.

That said, why? There's a better way.

(And if for some reason I decided to have a corned beef sandwich using a nice wheat bread and for some reason also wanted to skip mustard, I'd likely go with a nice salted butter over mayo.)
Corned beef with mustard on rye is the correct way to eat a corned beef sandwich.

A Reuben would also be accepted.

Not saying other ways are wrong per se, but I will put my hands over my ears while screaming "lalalalalalalalalalala, I can't hear you" at all other choices.

Madjoki, I agree that it was a win for Ubi as you detailed; forces Steam to lowering their cut and being paid by Epic.

I was wondering why Ubi has not begun with Uplay only/exclusive, especially considering that EA/Origin has done that.

GoG is the other player I keep wondering if they will pull the exclusive with Cyberpunk. I thought the plan with Thronebreaker originally was to be exclusive to GoG and then it appeared on Steam. Cyberpunk is a big enough title that people are anticipating that I could see it working for GoG if they tried exclusive. (For what it is worth, yes I would rather it be on Steam at this point.)
Well, they said Cyberpunk 2077 would release on Steam because "they're doing it for gamers" or something like that rather than forcing GoG.

And Ubisoft actually has couple of uPlay exclusives, like Ode & The Settlers History Collection (dunno if more). Old versions of The Settlers are on GoG tho.

Corned beef with mustard on rye is the correct way to eat a corned beef sandwich.

A Reuben would also be accepted.
I'd swap the order of the two options, but yes, I basically agree with you.

I'm just saying that corned beef is awesome. It would work on lots of other sandwiches. I'm not going to eat those sandwiches, but I'm sure they'd be tasty.

Steam is now meteorite proof according to Valve:

We continued to work on our disaster recovery plan so Steam doesn't go under if our main data center is hit by a meteorite.
Also stop idling cards pls:

We deployed new SQL Servers, now with 2.7 petabytes of FAST solid state storage, to keep up with the 1.7 billion trading cards granted, the 488 million trades completed, the 245 million emoticons crafted, and the 218 million screenshots posted in the last year

I'd swap the order of the two options, but yes, I basically agree with you.

I'm just saying that corned beef is awesome. It would work on lots of other sandwiches. I'm not going to eat those sandwiches, but I'm sure they'd be tasty.
Honestly, I feel like if your sandwich needs anything more than meat, bread, and maybe cheese, you probably shouldn’t be eating those ingredients as a sandwich.

I’ll make an allowance for bologna, as that really needs mustard and bread to be any good.

God damn it, MysterD...
I have to think I'm responsible for quite a few these days, what with all the pinball score screenshots.

Honestly, I feel like if your sandwich needs anything more than meat, bread, and maybe cheese, you probably shouldn’t be eating those ingredients as a sandwich.

I’ll make an allowance for bologna, as that really needs mustard and bread to be any good.
Simple sandwiches can be great, but so can complex sandwiches. Also, most would call a BLT awfully simple, and it has six ingredients.

Speaking of RE2, I can activate the AMD rewards codes for people. In case you wanna buy one, but don't have the right hardware.

bread's done
Back