Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
21:9 > 4K. If you haven't tried it, you owe it to yourself to find a way.
Agreed I went from 4K monitor to an Ultrawide and it's just a major difference and more immersive

I wish 21:9 became the norm for all gaming and entertainment consumption. To me it's similar to back when we were comparing 16:9 to 4:3. But, I remember how long it took to formally adopt 16:9 as a standard.
Yeah for watching films and games it's great I just hope more devs support it openly not like Overwatch

Agreed I went from 4K monitor to an Ultrawide and it's just a major difference and more immersive

Yeah for watching films and games it's great I just hope more devs support it openly not like Overwatch
My buddy is actually convincing me that vertical gaming is the way to go. 9:16 or 9:21. Saw some shots of Nier that were mindblowing from that perspective

My buddy is actually convincing me that vertical gaming is the way to go. 9:16 or 9:21. Saw some shots of Nier that were mindblowing from that perspective
Y2kRFyz.jpg

Fitting news with all the recent Metro Exodus talk in here: If you want to play the game on Steam in the near future, you better pre-order it quick. Because outside of that it's going to be Epic Store exclusive for 1 year.

That article doesn't mention the 1-year exclusivity, but there was a Steam post that has since been removed which mentioned that the game would return to other stores in February 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I blame them, considering the cut Valve takes, but they'll catch Hell from the die hard Steam bois

From the Metro Exodus Steam page:

Notice: Later today, sales of Metro Exodus will be discontinued on Steam due to a publisher decision to make the game exclusive to another PC store.

The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam. 

We think the decision to remove the game is unfair to Steam customers, especially after a long pre-sale period. We apologize to Steam customers that were expecting it to be available for sale through the February 15th release date, but we were only recently informed of the decision and given limited time to let everyone know.

Comes off as whiny. "Unfair to Steam customers". Like some little kid
childrens-xpeditions-its-not-fair-truth-vimeo-thumbnail.jpg

Fitting news with all the recent Metro Exodus talk in here: If you want to play the game on Steam in the near future, you better pre-order it quick. Because outside of that it's going to be Epic Store exclusive for 1 year.

That article doesn't mention the 1-year exclusivity, but there was a Steam post that has since been removed which mentioned that the game would return to other stores in February 2020.
So Epic or wait, huh?

I'll wait...

Grabbed it on Steam since that's where my Funbux are.  Glad I saw the notification.

Even for $10 less on Epic (wonder if that'll go back up to $60 after launch), I'd rather use card money than cash.

Can I just say that I wish all clients that don't close when I hit the 'X' had the option to close when I hit the 'X' instead of just minimizing.

I can completely understand the choice from the developer though, a large kick back from epic and a smaller fee is huge. I also understand steam having such a large foothold on the PC gaming market isn't great for consumers for the long run but making me switch to your store for the only reason of paid timed exclusives leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll be passing on this for now then.  I have no interest in the Epic Store and this wasn't a must buy for me so I'll wait until it ends up on Steam again next year.

Can't say I blame them, considering the cut Valve takes, but they'll catch Hell from the die hard Steam bois

From the Metro Exodus Steam page:

Notice: Later today, sales of Metro Exodus will be discontinued on Steam due to a publisher decision to make the game exclusive to another PC store.

The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam.

We think the decision to remove the game is unfair to Steam customers, especially after a long pre-sale period. We apologize to Steam customers that were expecting it to be available for sale through the February 15th release date, but we were only recently informed of the decision and given limited time to let everyone know.

Comes off as whiny. "Unfair to Steam customers". Like some little kid
childrens-xpeditions-its-not-fair-truth-vimeo-thumbnail.jpg
Name call all you want, doing this two weeks before release is a dick move. Just on principle any interest I had in the game is gone till its on GOG, drm free for $10.

I still haven't played Metro Last Light (proudly backlogged since 2014).

I'll wait.
Metro LL is excellent.

Same goes for Metro 2033, if you ain't played that.

I actually have also Metro LL Redux namely for the DLC's....and I ain't even got to those DLC's.

I can completely understand the choice from the developer though, a large kick back from epic and a smaller fee is huge.
Especially for a more niche type of title. I doubt Metro 2033, Last Light, or even Exodus will generate the kind of crazy sales say a Call of Duty or AC series game would.

I get why these companies are doing their own Steam-style game-client/service, so they can cut out Steam's 30% fee or whatever - but they all freakin' suck when compared to Steam, in terms of actual features. Most are still bare bones, compared to what Steam does and allows for.

I love me some GOG and DRM-Free support - but in most instances, their service is bare bones and still sucks compared to Steam.

I also understand steam having such a large foothold on the PC gaming market isn't great for consumers for the long run but making me switch to your store for the only reason of paid timed exclusives leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Thing is: Epic's store has NO features. While it's lightweight and could possibly run better - eh, it lacks all the features Steam has. Steam has probably a right to charge more, as both the dev's and/or consumers get MUCH better service and features. Steam has so many features, I don't know really where to begin - Steam Link support (for the device and/or Samsung HDTV's); Big Picture Mode; Extra Controller Support; Screenshot-taking; Cloud Saves; User Reviews; Community Forums; Friends Tools; etc etc etc; and also likely Proton will become a big deal for Linux gaming too when it completely becomes a part of Steam (in probably a future update).

But, of course - if Steam's to compete w/ all these stunts Epic's pulling, they might wanna adjust their percentage rate and/or find ways to compete w/ Epic, so developers stick w/ Steam.

Name call all you want, doing this two weeks before release is a dick move. Just on principle any interest I had in the game is gone till its on GOG, drm free for $10.
I don't see how the timing has anything to do with it. They are honoring preorders. They gave people a chance to still buy on Steam even after the announcement. Who are they being a dick to? The few people who hadn't preordered on Steam but planned to in the next two weeks?

Especially for a more niche type of title. I doubt Metro 2033, Last Light, or even Exodus will generate the kind of crazy sales say a Call of Duty or AC series game would.

I get why these companies are doing their own Steam-style game-client/service, so they can cut out Steam's 30% fee or whatever - but they all freakin' suck when compared to Steam, in terms of actual features. Most are still bare bones, compared to what Steam does and allows for.

I love me some GOG and DRM-Free support - but in most instances, their service is bare bones and still sucks compared to Steam.

Thing is: Epic's store has NO features. While it's lightweight and could possibly run better - eh, it lacks all the features Steam has. Steam has probably a right to charge more, as both the dev's and/or consumers get MUCH better service and features. Steam has so many features, I don't know really where to begin - Steam Link support (for the device and/or Samsung HDTV's); Big Picture Mode; Extra Controller Support; Screenshot-taking; Cloud Saves; User Reviews; Community Forums; Friends Tools; etc etc etc; and also likely Proton will become a big deal for Linux gaming too when it completely becomes a part of Steam (in probably a future update).

But, of course - if Steam's to compete w/ all these stunts Epic's pulling, they might wanna adjust their percentage rate and/or find ways to compete w/ Epic, so developers stick w/ Steam.
If you think Steam offers so much more, here's the million dollar question, would you be willing to pay for that? What if every game on Steam cost the publisher price plus a little Steam fee to cover all those features? Would that be worth it for you?

I don't see how the timing has anything to do with it. They are honoring preorders. They gave people a chance to still buy on Steam even after the announcement. Who are they being a dick to? The few people who hadn't preordered on Steam but planned to in the next two weeks?

If you think Steam offers so much more, here's the million dollar question, would you be willing to pay for that? What if every game on Steam cost the publisher price plus a little Steam fee to cover all those features? Would that be worth it for you?
Aren't games expensive enough for the consumer already w/ base-games, DLC's, expansion passes, annual passes, season passes, MTX's, weird pricing schemes, and other madness?

If I'm going to catch a game...you know, it's likely going to be in a sale somewhere; or in a big bundle (on Humble normally). It's just how I operate, buying so much and all.

Also, I have such a big backlog - eh, I don't know if I really need Metro: Exodus ASAP. I don't really think I do, TBH. Still need to tackle Metro: LL Redux's DLC's, TBH.

Plus, w/ Metro: Exodus's stiff requirements - yeah, probably best to wait a year until they optimize the damn thing too. Those recommended requirements, if they're to be believed to be accurate and all, are just bloody ridiculous.

Who knows, though - we've seen games overshoot on their requirements like GTA: VC and Max Payne 2 on release, way back in the day...and actually run very well on hardware b/t the minimum and recommend specs/settings.

Only one way to find out -- make every title on Epic cheaper (since the price on Steam is already established for that level of features). The "Steam fee" is Valve's 30% since that's already explicitly for the privilege of being on Steam's feature laden platform. Games not on Steam should be costing less, not Steam costing more than it does now.

Which, to its credit, Exodus seems to be doing so let's see if all the other publishers/games follow suit.

Epic trading card beta...coming soon.

You heard it here first.

Seriously though, if Epic or anyone else had their own ecosystem or ways for me to get free monies on their cheaper games...I'll gladly be their shill.

Epic trading card beta...coming soon.

You heard it here first.

Seriously though, if Epic or anyone else had their own ecosystem or ways for me to get free monies on their cheaper games...I'll gladly be their shill.
I would not be surprised to see Epic do something similar to the card economy. Steam has made serious money from cards alone, then you also could factor in CSGO keys and such. Epic would be wise to have some niche/hook/gimmic whatever to entice buyers to stay.

To give Uplay/Ubi credit once again, you can earn points by actually playing the games and use points for items/perks including getting a 20% discount (with restrictions).

I still haven't played Metro Last Light (proudly backlogged since 2014).

I'll wait.
Metro LL is excellent.

Same goes for Metro 2033, if you ain't played that.

I actually have also Metro LL Redux namely for the DLC's....and I ain't even got to those DLC's.
Yeah, I played both Metro games (redux versions) a little over two years ago and thought they were fantastic. The gameplay is very well balanced between action & stealth, and the story is interesting enough to keep things moving forward.

I've not played many AAA games of the last decade, but I feel pretty confident in saying that the Metro titles are must-plays.

- Exclusivity is bullshit. Build a better store and make me want to shop there. Bribing developers doesn't speak highly of your confidence in your own product. For all Valve's faults, I do appreciate their more open policies.

- Vertical gaming is bullshit... unless the game is made that way (i.e. vertical scrollers, arcade games, etc). I don't want to play my game looking through window muntins.

You had 12 hours or so to buy it on Steam before they took it down. I suppose if I cared that much I would have bought it and then refunded it if it sucked. If you don't think this is a dick move, 2 weeks before release thats on you. You're telling me they couldn't have figured this shit out 1-2 months ago? This is a publisher just being greedy and likely losing sales in the process.

Also, I already have paid more for games on Steam, usually ubisoft games because they often had sales more frequently on steam than their own Uplay store. That seems to have stopped with Wildlands and FC5. Division 2 is not exclusive to Epic, its on Uplay too. If you buy it on Epic, you're going to be running it on Uplay anyway just like Steam does. Div2 is already cheaper for pre-order on various sites for Uplay than on Epic. Their exclusive deal there is pointless. That deal is likely Epic paying Ubisoft some cash and Ubi hoping to get more cash from anyone who bothers to buy it on Epic or Ubisoft wanting to push more people to Uplay only. Which again, makes little sense since there are various online key stores selling pre-orders for Div2 at 10% or more off.

Aren't games expensive enough for the consumer already w/ base-games, DLC's, expansion passes, annual passes, season passes, MTX's, weird pricing schemes, and other madness?

If I'm going to catch a game...you know, it's likely going to be in a sale somewhere; or in a big bundle (on Humble normally). It's just how I operate, buying so much and all.

Also, I have such a big backlog - eh, I don't know if I really need Metro: Exodus ASAP. I don't really think I do, TBH. Still need to tackle Metro: LL Redux's DLC's, TBH.

Plus, w/ Metro: Exodus's stiff requirements - yeah, probably best to wait a year until they optimize the damn thing too. Those recommended requirements, if they're to be believed to be accurate and all, are just bloody ridiculous.

Who knows, though - we've seen games overshoot on their requirements like GTA: VC and Max Payne 2 on release, way back in the day...and actually run very well on hardware b/t the minimum and recommend specs/settings.
Let's take Exodus out of the equation and just talk in generalities, are you willing to pay more for the same game to have it on Steam and if so how much more? What if pubs say they're happy doing 75% on Epic store but only 66% on on Steam. Are you willing to pay that difference for the Steam features?

Only one way to find out -- make every title on Epic cheaper (since the price on Steam is already established for that level of features). The "Steam fee" is Valve's 30% since that's already explicitly for the privilege of being on Steam's feature laden platform. Games not on Steam should be costing less, not Steam costing more than it does now.

Which, to its credit, Exodus seems to be doing so let's see if all the other publishers/games follow suit.
I don't disagree with this, even though it's the same thing in essence. Whether you say both games are 50% off and there's a Steam $5 fee or you say the game is 50% off on Epic and only 40% off on Steam. My main point is whether people really value the Steam features that much. I certainly don't. I only pay more for the convenience of having my games in one place, I couldn't care less about those features. Steam sucked up until this year and they only started upping their game because Discord came around and showed them how to do proper voice chat, regular chat, etc. I still prefer Discord over everything else.

Forums and discussions on Steam are not a feature to me but a necessity because of their piss poor CS. Why wait two weeks for some form response asking me if I turned it off and on again when I can try to fix it myself in the forums?

There's really nothing about Steam as a client that I think they do particularly well.

As far as exclusivity in general, to the people who dislike it, that's precisely why all this is a good thing. Steam was getting close to being the only player in town. If you dislike one game being exclusive to one client, imagine when you only had one client out there cornering the market? That would really suck, even if it's the client we all prefer.

Well, Epic Games Launcher doesnt display my "bought" games. They should improve or fix the fucking launcher first before stealing Steam games for its store. Epic fail.

As far as exclusivity in general, to the people who dislike it, that's precisely why all this is a good thing. Steam was getting close to being the only player in town. If you dislike one game being exclusive to one client, imagine when you only had one client out there cornering the market? That would really suck, even if it's the client we all prefer.
How is exclusivity on Epic only a good thing? Many times I've not been happy when a game has been exclusive to Steam. Sell it on all of them and I have no problem. In many cases I'll buy it where it is cheapest.

https://twitter.com/IlTuco/status/1089999211532300294

bread's done
Back