Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You're missing Brave. It's up there with Moana. And I guess, Big Hero 6.
My list wasn't meant to be exhaustive. We own a bakery and do a lot of custom kids cakes. I was just naming some of movies that we've gotten requests for. Except Ratatouille, that just happens to be a favorite of my wife. Otherwise, I'd have been sure to name check other like "Finding Nemo", "The Incredibles" and "Up" among others.

And I make no judgement on "Frozen" as a movie; I've never seen it. I *heard* the whole thing while driving on a road trip; I've read 'Little Golden Books' versions of the story too. All I know, is *every* kid around my kids' current ages (8-10) at one point were into it. So good or not, it was definitely culturally relevant.

Sort-of on topic - the latest trends involve Marvel, Fortnite, and unicorns. Someone recently inquired about Smash Bros./ SMB Odyssey desserts.

We own a bakery and do a lot of custom kids cakes.
Do you also do "adult" cakes?

ya know...

Adult cakes?

Also, despite previous reports to the contrary, Metro Exodus WILL have a preload on Steam. My body and HDD are ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
My list wasn't meant to be exhaustive. We own a bakery and do a lot of custom kids cakes. I was just naming some of movies that we've gotten requests for. Except Ratatouille, that just happens to be a favorite of my wife. Otherwise, I'd have been sure to name check other like "Finding Nemo", "The Incredibles" and "Up" among others.

And I make no judgement on "Frozen" as a movie; I've never seen it. I *heard* the whole thing while driving on a road trip; I've read 'Little Golden Books' versions of the story too. All I know, is *every* kid around my kids' current ages (8-10) at one point were into it. So good or not, it was definitely culturally relevant.
That... makes more sense on why you included Cars. Cars and Frozen are extremely popular with really young kids. For adults, Moana and Brave are much better films. The Cars movies are actually pretty bad.

Speaking of SWTOR, is that any fun to run through solo? Do you need to pay to unlock stuff or else you're hampered throughout the campaign? Been interested in playing it for awhile but havent been wanting to get sucked into another mmo. If its worth it for the campaign alone though I would give it a shot.
I played a good amount of it (not max level but close to it), though it was mostly with my wife. The writing and voice acting is fantastic, story is well done. While it is FTP, there are some very annoying limitations on ftp accounts such as being unable to move faster with a mount or sprinting until a later level, severely limited number of character slots, or adding additional action bars to your UI (seriously?). However, most of these limitations can be removed by spending at least $5 to become a “preferred” member permanently. It was totally worth it to do so IMO. All in all, if you like SW and need a new MMO to waste time in, swtor is a decent pick.

Speaking of SWTOR, is that any fun to run through solo? Do you need to pay to unlock stuff or else you're hampered throughout the campaign? Been interested in playing it for awhile but havent been wanting to get sucked into another mmo. If its worth it for the campaign alone though I would give it a shot.
I can't speak to all of the campaigns, but the one I finished was excellent. I mostly played solo, with a bit of MP mostly with CAGs. I'd suggest either spending $5 on the store or subscribing for one month to remove the worst of the f2p restrictions.

Do you also do "adult" cakes?

ya know...

Adult cakes?

Also, despite previous reports to the contrary, Metro Exodus WILL have a preload on Steam. My body and HDD are ready.
While we have been asked, no, we do not. The bakery is still run out of our house. The last thing we need is our boys asking abou the giant phallus in the fridge.

We have done gay weddings though!

Calm down there, Dan Schneider.
Wouldn't that be Rex Ryan?

FYI, I believe Evolution: The Game ($11.99) is cheaper on both iOS ($7.99 this week, $9.99 from now on) and Android than it is on Steam.  I don't know if there's any difference other than seeing the game in serious 4K glory (if you have the right setup)

That... makes more sense on why you included Cars. Cars and Frozen are extremely popular with really young kids. For adults, Moana and Brave are much better films. The Cars movies are actually pretty bad.
Cars isn't bad. It's just below the level of most other Pixar films. That still leaves it better than the vast majority of movies, animated or not. Cars 2 is worse than Cars, and might be the worst Pixar film, but again worse Pixar is still a pretty high mark.

Frozen was good. The music got a bit old, not because it was bad but because it was played so much. Though I never got tired of "In Summer." If you haven't heard that one check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFatVn1hP3o

Though I shouldn't have an opinion on Frozen, I do, which I've abbreviated: TMFS.

Thankfully I have no children, at least that I've been made aware of, so my exposure to newer Disney is limited to my visits to my sister's house. She has a 2 year old, but I am slowly and surely corrupting his early life viewing experiences. Last visit we watched 3/4 of Predator while his mom was getting groceries.

My 13 month old's visual pacifier is the animated Beauty and the Beast. I have probably watched it 1000 times over the last year. I wish he'd acclimate to the live action version because I'm tired of seeing Gaston's chest hair, plus Magneto > Major Winchester.

Picked up Evil Within 2 from a target clearance section for 12 bucks. (Saw a few other PC boxes there too)

~ 12 hours to beat it. Loved the first half. Second half was a bit of a drag.

Thankfully I have no children, at least that I've been made aware of, so my exposure to newer Disney is limited to my visits to my sister's house. She has a 2 year old, but I am slowly and surely corrupting his early life viewing experiences. Last visit we watched 3/4 of Predator while his mom was getting groceries.
For some reason I'm cracking up at the thought of a child's first words being "GET TO THE CHOPPA!"
I saw Robocop when I was five. By age seven I was on a steady diet of Van Damme movies. Terminator 2 was my religion.

So I weep for the current crop of kids being weakened and pacified by pansy ass Disney movies. These kids need to learn how to do a dim mak instead of the lyrics to Let It Go.

Just remember to start with Conan the Barbarian before showing the kids [customspoiler=Conan the Librarian.]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8[/customspoiler]

That movie's fuck ing superb?
Close. Too Much fuck ing Singing

Way too fuck ing much. Someone breaks into song every 5 minutes or less.

What kind of sick monster exposes anyone to THAT movie of all things?!

Edit: I assumed you meant The Predator instead of the original movie with Ahnuuld. Oops.

No, no, NOOOOO, never THE Predator. That's child abuse. '87 or nothing. Maybe not nothing. Whenever he's older and more open-minded, I'll show him Predator 2 and explain that, while not as good as the original, it's still underappreciated, especially compared to the remainder of it's sequels.

I saw Robocop when I was five. By age seven I was on a steady diet of Van Damme movies. Terminator 2 was my religion.

So I weep for the current crop of kids being weakened and pacified by pansy ass Disney movies. These kids need to learn how to do a dim mak instead of the lyrics to Let It Go.

Just remember to start with Conan the Barbarian before showing the kids [customspoiler=Conan the Librarian.]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8[/customspoiler]
Pretty sure that American kids aren't being deprived of violent entertainment these days. I'm just sayin'

brb driving 15min. to Best Buy.

Stopped in to see if any good deals and just have two things to say

SWTOR still sucks!!!!
Prequels are the best of the bunch, Attack of the clones is the best star wars movie ever!!!!

While we have been asked, no, we do not. The bakery is still run out of our house. The last thing we need is our boys asking abou the giant phallus in the fridge.

We have done gay weddings though!

Wouldn't that be Rex Ryan?
They’re boys, they wouldn’t be asking, they’d just be giggling nonstop for a month.

Picked up Evil Within 2 from a target clearance section for 12 bucks. (Saw a few other PC boxes there too)

~ 12 hours to beat it. Loved the first half. Second half was a bit of a drag.
Did you prefer Evil Within 2? Or the original Evil Within and its DLC's?

I still have all of these backlogged.

EDIT:

No, no, NOOOOO, never THE Predator. That's child abuse. '87 or nothing. Maybe not nothing. Whenever he's older and more open-minded, I'll show him Predator 2 and explain that, while not as good as the original, it's still underappreciated, especially compared to the remainder of it's sequels.
Original Predator w/ Arnold was great and Predator 2 was underrated & "underappreciated" (as you put it). For me, best two in the franchise.

I did see the recent The Predator (2018) and really liked it. Better than expected.

How was Predators (2010) with Adrien Brody?

I somehow missed that one.

Original Predator w/ Arnold was great and Predator 2 was underrated & "underappreciated" (as you put it).

I did see the recent The Predator (2018) and really liked it. Better than expected.

How was Predators (2010) with Brody?

They’re boys, they wouldn’t be asking, they’d just be giggling nonstop for a month.
Do you have kids? 'Cause mine would most certainly ask...in front of company...LOUDLY. Something like this:

(ding-dong)
kids: Customer at the door!

US: (opening the door) Hello, you're picking up for ??
kids: IS THAT THE PENIS CAKE? IS THE PENIS CAKE STILL HERE? WHEN ARE THEY COMING FOR THE PENIS CAKE? WHY DOES ANYONE WHAT A PENIS CAKE ANYWAY?!

(weeks later)
(making any type of shaped cake)
kids: Are you making another naughty cake? It was weird having a penis cake in the fridge.
US: Please that was a while ago, just let it go already.

kids (singing) LET IT GO! LET IT GOOOO!
ME: (shoots self)

It's even worse this time of year. They are gearing up for baseball again and for tryouts, they had to wear their cups. They could not wait. Rushing downstairs and saying to their mom "Do I look different today?" while wearing them

It's my nightmare. 

Not sure if this has been posted, but... you guys ok?

2019-02-13.png

Don't you hate it when you leave all your BF V weekly quests until the last night and then you have to grind hard in order to maintain getting the Nazi dress uniform

Hollow Knight: Silksong revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c

Sequel to HK, not just DLC. Free for anyone who backed the original on Kickstarter. No release date yet but that's a Day 1 purchase if there ever was one.

Hollow Knight: Silksong revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c

Sequel to HK, not just DLC. Free for anyone who backed the original on Kickstarter. No release date yet but that's a Day 1 purchase if there ever was one.
I'm super sad that I cannot seem to gel with Hollow Knight and I have no idea what it is. I mean, right now it is Celeste because that game is hot shit, but before that, I dunno what it was.

I'm not getting New Dawn any time soon but the couple reviews I read seemed shocked to find that the $40 half-sequel was, uh, more Far Cry 5.  Like it says on the tin.  I mean, the question seems as simple as "Do you want another 12 hour FC5 campaign?" and if you say "Yes" then this game will do that for you.

bread's done
Back